Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jana has been looking as smug as Jinger in her pictures lately.

I usually don't care about their eyebrows because I don't shape my own eyebrows or care what people do with their own brows, but . . . her brows look really weird to me in that picture. 

• Love 7

In Jed’s post someone commented that people in the picture were the Spiveys. He liked the comment. I have never heard the name before. When attempting to look them up, all I came up with was the post below. Anyone have a clue, assuming this is the same family?

FE97E3F3-F6AA-40F7-9D1C-BBA91D101049.jpeg

• Useful 2

I read in another snarksite that the guy standing next to JimBob is the father of the girl who was with Justin in a photo.  Someone found a photo of Justin with his arm around a girl. That's what got him moved into this thread despite the fact he's 17.  At some point Anna said the rule was 18 or older, but there have been Duggar relationships younger. (However I though they might have learned something from the failed Si/Marj relationship.) Seventeen is still very young to me. 

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

I read in another snarksite that the guy standing next to JimBob is the father of the girl who was with Justin in a photo.  Someone found a photo of Justin with his arm around a girl. That's what got him moved into this thread despite the fact he's 17.  At some point Anna said the rule was 18 or older, but there have been Duggar relationships younger. (However I though they might have learned something from the failed Si/Marj relationship.) Seventeen is still very young to me. 

Didn't Joy start courting Austin before she was 18, though they kept it under wraps and only acknowledged it after they were married?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

Didn't Joy start courting Austin before she was 18, though they kept it under wraps and only acknowledged it after they were married?

I’m sure they were at least “talking” when she was 17, started courting officially at 18 and married at 19. Joy had her eye on Austin for a while and had JB talk to his Dad. 

• Useful 7
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes Austin said they started when she was 17 and he would have been about 21.  It wouldn't surprise me if the families had paired them up before that. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 7/18/2020 at 8:59 PM, ginger90 said:

In Jed’s post someone commented that people in the picture were the Spiveys. He liked the comment. I have never heard the name before. When attempting to look them up, all I came up with was the post below. Anyone have a clue, assuming this is the same family?

FE97E3F3-F6AA-40F7-9D1C-BBA91D101049.jpeg

I turn up a Rob Spivey who worked for IBLP for about nine years in some management position related to their physical plants.....Seems likely that his family would be (or have been) members, no? 

Professional profile

Rob Spivey Dallas, TX

Professions & Specialties

OwnerChief ExecutiveConstructionConstruction ManagerForemanConstruction Administrator

Experience & Education

Position:

Owner at Spivey Construction LLC

Title:

Owner, Spivey Construction LLC

Industry:

Construction

Work history:

Spivey Construction LLCOwnerInstitute in Basic Life PrinciplesConstruction Manager1999 - 2006IBLPConstruction ManagerJun 1997 - Feb 2006

Full Profile

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I was startled while watching the most recent ep by how much more Josiah and Jed! favor than Jed! and Sinner Twin. There's also several inches of height difference in the twins, but Josiah and Jed! looked to be more the same height. Or at least any difference wasn't as obvious. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@Zella, what can you tell us about this place? 

That's the same bike trail they were stomping around on a couple of weeks ago. I wonder why they're so obsessed with it right now? It's actually not close to the TTH (relatively speaking). It goes through the NWA Metro area. I never rode it--I am lazy, and when I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it passes. But it definitely runs through the center of Fayetteville, including the edge of the university. I had a friend who lives right next to it, and based on the handful of times I went over to her house, the trail seemed pretty quiet. But I know from driving around there, that it is definitely a popular trail. 

It also crosses quite a few busy-ish roads. I would personally be a little worried about that crew's safety record at getting all those kids through. I mean, the cyclists have the right of way, and people in Fayetteville are generally pretty respectful of cyclists, but still. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

@Zella, what can you tell us about this place? 

It took me a while to realize that that is Hannie with the glasses, but man does she look like Joy. 

Jenni looks like Jana. 

I guess that means that all of the younger girls have been seen wearing glasses at some time or another. 

• Love 3
On 7/18/2020 at 7:18 PM, Zella said:

I usually don't care about their eyebrows because I don't shape my own eyebrows or care what people do with their own brows, but . . . her brows look really weird to me in that picture. 

Jana and Anna got a 2 for one deal on new eyebrows.

• LOL 7

next will be pics of Jackson or some grandchild standing on top of the thing. Too bad they don't watch movies, Jackson doing the Karate Kid crane kick pose would be perfect

• LOL 2
53 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Brilliant. *eye roll* Now they have a huge piece of decaying wood that will fall down and cause damage to something/somebody.

Also a giant sign letting the world know "This is where that family lives, you know the one that had all the kids and the dad has all that money." 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Si looks like he's been kept in the dark corner of the basement.

Telling Jason and Si apart?  Well, "Jase" has not yet had his entire spirit broken by being forced into a completely unsuitable marriage and immdiate subsequent fatherhood, so his eyes still show a small, cautious spark of life.  Si's smile no longer reaches his eyes.  That's how to tell them apart.  Easy peasy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Brilliant. *eye roll* Now they have a huge piece of decaying wood that will fall down and cause damage to something/somebody.

“Fuck the future, we need a plot line for the next episode! “

It’s on the Duggar family crest.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

probably James' new chainsaw carving skills are behind the J + J services shirt he was wearing in the pics with Jill. Maybe he is going into the tree service,/stump carving business or some such thing on days he feels like getting off the couch at the TTH and doing some work

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Now they have a huge piece of decaying wood that will fall down and cause damage to something/somebody.

I'm no expert, but that wood looks awfully healthy.  I wonder if the tree was truly dying.  I also am giving a die-eye that this carving wasn't helped along by an expert...

• Love 8
(edited)

says a man who supposedly owns a business while sleeping in a bunk bed at home with like 6 other guys in the same room. Or maybe Jase lives with JED! and Jeer and uses one of those bunk beds.

so let's remember Jana's trips - she goes to Magnolia with Laura, went to Vegas with Laura and JB, goes with the bros and the Bates' on fake Mediccorps rescue missions as their chaperone or whatever. Went with the family to visit Jer and Jing. Went to Universal with the Medicorp Team and Jing and Jer.

But still can't be included with activities for the married couples as shown many times on the show and their SM

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 19
(edited)

I was just coming here to post that. Jase got a little defensive, didn't he? I guess he's as much of an asshole as every other Duggar who has put themselves out there on SM. 🙄

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 22
54 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

says a man who supposedly owns a business while sleeping in a bunk bed at home with like 6 other guys in the same room. Or maybe Jase lives with JED! and Jeer and uses one of those bunk beds.

Please, someone respond to Jase with this note! I don't think he has the brain cells to talk his way out of that one. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

Please, someone respond to Jase with this note! I don't think he has the brain cells to talk his way out of that one. 

maybe someone could also ask what Jana is doing with any income from that property she owns. is she free to spend it? or does pops control it for her until she marries a man?

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Why Jase and not Jason on social media?

Jason's role model seems to be Lawson Bates, who responds the exact same way to things said about his family. 

duggs have referred to Jason as Jase for a long time, Justin is Juddy, Jeremiah is Jeer, Josiah is Siah

1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

duggs have referred to Jason as Jase for a long time, Justin is Juddy, Jeremiah is Jeer, Josiah is Siah

Yes I would still have my full name rather than a nickname on social media to make it clearer that it's me.  Especially since Jason is not one of the more memorable Duggars. How many times have we seen "there's a Jason"? 😜

Josiah actually goes by Si on social media. He has a joint account with his wife SiandLaurenDuggar. 

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

Yes I would still have my full name rather than a nickname on social media to make it clearer that it's me.  Especially since Jason is not one of the more memorable Duggars. How many times have we seen "there's a Jason"? 😜

Josiah actually goes by Si on social media. He has a joint account with his wife SiandLaurenDuggar. 

i just meant they are shown calling the brothers those names on the show. not social media. maybe Jason has been called Jase so long he doesn't even know there is a Jason.🤣

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was just coming here to post that. Jase got a little defensive, didn't he? I guess he's as much of an asshole as every other Duggar who has put themselves out there on SM. 🙄

I think it was an appropriate response to the original question.  Jana and her sisters were on a bike ride, and the true asshole wanted to know why she couldn't move out while a couple of her single brothers did.  I understand the question.  We are all asking ourselves and each other the question.  But it's still an asshole question to ask on a very innocuous Instagram post.

Good on Jase for giving it back.  Tit for tat and all that.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

vk78gnfqarc51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Taking a trip and moving out are two completely different things. Plus, even if she does take as many trips as he's implying (which I highly doubt), I can nearly guarantee she doesn't get to go alone or even with a friend like Laura. And if she does go out and do adult things without siblings and/or parents in tow, why doesn't TLC film it to include in the series? Jana is about the only TTH  offspring that any audience cares about, so I'd think the network would jump at any chance to show her being "independent". I'm only a few years older than Jana and I can't imagine the drudgery of sharing a room with several younger sisters, with youngest of being 20 years younger than I. 

• Love 21
17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm no expert, but that wood looks awfully healthy.  I wonder if the tree was truly dying.  I also am giving a die-eye that this carving wasn't helped along by an expert...

The fact that it's spelled correctly indicates he may have had some help!

• LOL 23
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Taking a trip and moving out are two completely different things. Plus, even if she does take as many trips as he's implying (which I highly doubt), I can nearly guarantee she doesn't get to go alone or even with a friend like Laura. And if she does go out and do adult things without siblings and/or parents in tow, why doesn't TLC film it to include in the series? Jana is about the only TTH  offspring that any audience cares about, so I'd think the network would jump at any chance to show her being "independent". I'm only a few years older than Jana and I can't imagine the drudgery of sharing a room with several younger sisters, with youngest of being 20 years younger than I. 

Not that I really believe that Jana travels independently, but if she did, there's no way she'd allow TLC to film her.

Everything these people do on camera is staged and planned in advance. Since the show is about the family, and Jana is part of that family and still lives with them, she does her part by doing camera-friendly activities with the kids. But whatever authentic thing she does on her own (assuming she ever does anything on her own), she does off the clock.

I've never gotten the sense that Jana is so sad and beleaguered. I don't get much of anything from her except barely suppressed annoyance at being filmed, and I've always thought that's deliberate. She does not want the public knowing her business, but being the good little Duggar soldier that she is, she has to participate. Her dead eyes on camera are about her refusal to give the strangers watching her anything.

• Love 14
On 7/24/2020 at 9:13 AM, crazy8s said:

probably James' new chainsaw carving skills are behind the J + J services shirt he was wearing in the pics with Jill. Maybe he is going into the tree service,/stump carving business or some such thing on days he feels like getting off the couch at the TTH and doing some work

I was thinking he could ease his way into carving ice sculptures at midnight on a cruise ship. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
6 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I was thinking he could ease his way into carving ice sculptures at midnight on a cruise ship.

The only way that's going to happen is if Jim Bob buys a cruise ship.

Now wouldn't that be a fun cruise? No alcohol, no dancing, no swimsuits, single men & marrieds on the top deck (different sides, no mingling), single women below deck, mandatory bible study morning and night, cream of slop casserole or frozen lasagna for dinner...

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Now wouldn't that be a fun cruise? No alcohol, no dancing, no swimsuits, single men & marrieds on the top deck (different sides, no mingling), single women below deck, mandatory bible study morning and night, cream of slop casserole or frozen lasagna for dinner...

Tater tot casserole for the formal dining room only. where black tie is worn of course.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Tater tot casserole for the formal dining room only. where black tie is worn of course.

The tie must be black. As for the suits, they can be any color, wrinkled, too long, too short with mixed jacket and pants. Unless you're Jeremy.

• LOL 16
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

You lost me at no alcohol.

• LOL 10