Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SpaghettiTuesdays

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James and Justin

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

 I haven't signs from JB and Michelle that they have any awareness of what they did to their kids. Maybe these days they're playing it up for television, since Jinger is in California wearing pants/shorts and there's nothing they can do about it.  They haven't changed in any real meaningful since television except maybe become lazier and more complacent.

I believe the Duggars are abusive, neglective parents. They talked about blanket-training. They sent their kids to the Journey to the Heart and ALERT. They have been careful not to talk about directly hitting their kids since that looks bad on television. When Michelle talked about blanket-training, she used the euphemism "gave them a consequence" rather than hit with a spoon. They also neglected their kids. Most of them seem undereducated and there's a disconnect between many of them and their parents. 

Someone said "love is an action" and almost none of JB's and Michelle's actions look like love to me. If that's love, it's very sick concept of love.  I hope that eventually the truth comes out about how abusive these people are. 

Well said. Loving parents would by now realize that two of their last three children need trained professional help. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, Temperance said:

 I haven't signs from JB and Michelle that they have any awareness of what they did to their kids. Maybe these days they're playing it up for television, since Jinger is in California wearing pants/shorts and there's nothing they can do about it.  They haven't changed in any real meaningful since television except maybe become lazier and more complacent.

I believe the Duggars are abusive, neglective parents. They talked about blanket-training. They sent their kids to the Journey to the Heart and ALERT. They have been careful not to talk about directly hitting their kids since that looks bad on television. When Michelle talked about blanket-training, she used the euphemism "gave them a consequence" rather than hit with a spoon. They also neglected their kids. Most of them seem undereducated and there's a disconnect between many of them and their parents. 

Someone said "love is an action" and almost none of JB's and Michelle's actions look like love to me. If that's love, it's very sick concept of love.  I hope that eventually the truth comes out about how abusive these people are. 

I don't disagree that JB & M suck as parents. I was merely stating that I don't believe they intended to suck.

I also agree that one way to show love is with actions. From the Duggars' perspective, not sparing the rod, homeschooling, surveilling their kids, etc were actions of love.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think they parented out of fear even if they do probably love their kids. And that's a terrible way to raise children. They were ripe for Gothard's evil methods and ran with it because they were taught to be afraid to raise "ungodly" kids. So they wanted to do the right thing and it was just beyond them.

I still can't stand them or what they stand for, but I do pity the squandered possibility of every kid.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I also agree that one way to show love is with actions. From the Duggars' perspective, not sparing the rod, homeschooling, surveilling their kids, etc were actions of love.

To say nothing of the 13th commandment. “Love your parents more than you love yourselves.”

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't disagree that JB & M suck as parents. I was merely stating that I don't believe they intended to suck.

I also agree that one way to show love is with actions. From the Duggars' perspective, not sparing the rod, homeschooling, surveilling their kids, etc were actions of love.

They are also actions of control that don't lessen until they're married.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They are also actions of control that doesn't lessen until they're married.

I’m loving that Jill has found a way to force Jim Bob and Michelle to keep sweet. Turnabout is fair play.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I think they parented out of fear even if they do probably love their kids. And that's a terrible way to raise children. They were ripe for Gothard's evil methods and ran with it because they were taught to be afraid to raise "ungodly" kids. So they wanted to do the right thing and it was just beyond them.

I still can't stand them or what they stand for, but I do pity the squandered possibility of every kid.

Hear, hear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2020 at 5:29 PM, GeeGolly said:

I don't disagree that JB & M suck as parents. I was merely stating that I don't believe they intended to suck.

I also agree that one way to show love is with actions. From the Duggars' perspective, not sparing the rod, homeschooling, surveilling their kids, etc were actions of love.

I don't believe their actions are out of love. They did because they need to control and be right. At the end of the day, they love themselves and no one else. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I don't believe their actions are out of love. They did because they need to control and be right. At the end of the day, they love themselves and no one else. 

And most posters agree with you, Tempie. It's just not the way I see it.

Share this post


Link to post

Sigh. 

I sure wish Jana could get her own thread. Even her controlling father allowed his unmarried daughter to have her own SM. Are we holding it against Jana for not being married?  Is that the only parameter these people have to meet?  Are we stricter than Jim Bob?

I just really don’t care for all these interchangeable Duggar bachelors. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

TopGolf has a full service bar, wonder if JED! got a beer while he was pretending to golf?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

TopGolf has a full service bar, wonder if JED! got a beer while he was pretending to golf?

Maybe the beer is what made him such a shitty golfer. Nah. He has no excuses. He's just shitty. 😂

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Not care in the world!

It really is the pandemic equivalent of "Let them eat cake!"

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I sure wish Jana could get her own thread. Even her controlling father allowed his unmarried daughter to have her own SM. Are we holding it against Jana for not being married?  Is that the only parameter these people have to meet?  Are we stricter than Jim Bob?

The problem isn't that she's not married, it's that she doesn't do anything new. The married Duggars at least have new babies and spouses we can snark on, all Jana has is a garden and decorating her parents' room every other year.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

Jana's social media content is almost as boring as watching paint dry... She probably spends half of her time doing just that...

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Jana's social media content is almost as boring as watching paint dry... She probably spends half of her time doing just that...

Watching paint dry and sketching ducklings!  👍🏼

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Jana's social media content is almost as boring as watching paint dry... She probably spends half of her time doing just that...

I’m sure that’s true, but it would be nice to check in on Jana without weeding through four pages of this one’s pathetic political career, that one’s flipping business, another apparently now flying a plane, and which ever has an LLC in their name to launder Jim Bob’s money. 🤷‍♀️

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I found this a tad interesting. Its part of Jana's bio.

The best parts of my life don’t make it to social media🤗

I wonder what parts do make it?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I found this a tad interesting. Its part of Jana's bio.

The best parts of my life don’t make it to social media🤗

I wonder what parts do make it?

I think she's probably not at all social-media inclined. I've always suspected she was a person who just doesn't want to show herself to a million strangers, i.e., a person very unsuited to a life on reality tv.

We've heard reports several times over the years that to some extent Jana is funny and actually talks a fair amount. And Meeeechelle attests to her having been a pretty spirited child (which is why Meeechelle couldn't stand her.) But she's never shown any of that to the tv audience. 

So since she's now required to go on social media to prove that she's not being oppressed by the Gothard lifestyle -- but does not want to express herself to strangers -- she just posts Pinterest-inspired, very expected stuff about decorating, dresses, gardening and how good the Lord is at the required rate. 

MY guess is that she doesn't ever post spontaneous photos of something that's actually happening in the moment or something she really enjoys, for example. She posts what's expected, based on Christian Pinterest. 

That's not to say that anybody would find her real life, thoughts and feelings any more interesting than the curated copycat stuff she posts. But her real life would probably have some feeling of spur-of-the-moment spontaneity to it, which her social media posts -- just like her talking heads on the show -- don't have at all.

Plus, she probably found the line "The best parts of my life don't make it to social media" on Pinterest and copied it because it sounded like something young Christian women who want to be influencers post on social media to be intriguing.

And it worked -- Unlike those post-ending questions that Jer and Jingle intend to create the elusive reader engagement but that in fact leave readers entirely unmoved and uninterested, Jana's copycat quote actually raised a real question in @GeeGolly 's mind!

Jana found a quote that actually fosters reader engagement even though, unlike Jessa, Jingle and Jer, she doesn't even want reader engagement. But that goes along with something else I've always suspected -- that Jana's one of the smarter Duggars. INot the same as being one of the smarter Einsteins. But still....) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I thought maybe Jana's bio line was so folks think her life is more interesting than it actually is.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Personally, I think Jana is on social media because it’s the new way to make money for them. And like a lot of people, what they post is not necessarily real.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought maybe Jana's bio line was so folks think her life is more interesting than it actually is.

Well, that's what I'm saying in a way. That's certainly how the quote works. and why it's intriguing and prompts a question. It points to a mystery behind what we actually see. .... That's why it's a popular kind of aphorism to utter on social media. She's definitely using the line because it has intrigue value -- pointing to something exciting behind the scenes. 

The difference is, I'm not sure Jana finds her own life uninteresting and is using the line to pretentiously lie to us about that to make herself look better and more important and thrilling, which is what you're saying. 

I think that, because social media is her job in the family now, it's perfectly possible that she's using the line just because she knows it's the kind of thing people post on social media to be intriguing and that it works for this (and her job now requires that).......

But I also think it's possible and maybe even likely that everything she posts on social media is just copycat stuff designed to demonstrate  to her employers that she's posting the right stuff on social media -- because it certainly comes off to me as studiously imitated typical stuff to me ,.....and that the same goes for this line...

I wonder whether, personally -- and unlike Jessa, Jinger and Jer -- she's simply doing her social media job as well as she can do it, based on studying examples online that are relevant to her.....But that, unlike those others, she's not actually interested in presenting any image of herself -- either truthful or beautifully enhanced --  at all. 

In other words, I think it's quite possible she uses that line only because she understands its literary effect -- and that's an effect that social media requires -- but that she's not using it to express anything about herself or hint anything about herself to impress us or for any other reason. That what she does on social media is create a sort of fictional character of the right sort.....but that she distances herself from that character. 

Now, it's also perfectly possible that I'm completely misreading her. But over the years, rightly or wrongly, I've gotten the impression that she really doesn't like their spotlight one bit and isn't interested in showing herself in it. 

 

1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Personally, I think Jana is on social media because it’s the new way to make money for them. And like a lot of people, what they post is not necessarily real.

Oh, I completely agree. 

But I do think that part of the plan to get money involves giving the family as a whole a more palatable image to the public.

And since one thing that most of the buying public doesn't like is the idea that single women aren't allowed the freedoms that the married women have -- such as permission to post on social media......

So part of the cleanup of the image (which they've absolutely undertaken for monetary gain) involves getting Jana onto social media and having her post a fair amount so the family appears to be giving her the same rights as her married sisters. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I found this a tad interesting. Its part of Jana's bio.

The best parts of my life don’t make it to social media🤗

I wonder what parts do make it?

That's a very polite "Mind your fucking business."

 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

That's a very polite "Mind your fucking business."

 

I'm guessing you're right. She knows non-fans think she lives a boring life, because they tell her. lol 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, lascuba said:

That's a very polite "Mind your fucking business."

 

I wouldn’t blame her for feeling that way, but in that case, stop sharing your SM with literally millions of complete strangers.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

it seem Josh was groomed from an early age to have photo ops and whatever with JB in the statehouse or whatever to be a politician. but he failed in so many ways that are public knowledge he would never be electable

JED! was the next chosen because why? JD and Joe are certainly not suited to be politicians. Josiah is out, Sinner twin is out and so then it gets to JED!. there is not one in the younger boys who could be an aspiring politician.

so JB picked JED. let him fake move from home and then really nothing

Yes, I agree. I don't think any real thought was put into who was interested or would be good at it--not sure any of them fit that bill--but rather than just dropping it, JB went for a) has pulse and b) is available. 

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

That garden looks pretty desolate for this time of summer. She should have a whole lot more going on there.

Just sayin Jana.

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think she's probably not at all social-media inclined. I've always suspected she was a person who just doesn't want to show herself to a million strangers, i.e., a person very unsuited to a life on reality tv.

We've heard reports several times over the years that to some extent Jana is funny and actually talks a fair amount. And Meeeechelle attests to her having been a pretty spirited child (which is why Meeechelle couldn't stand her.) But she's never shown any of that to the tv audience. 

So since she's now required to go on social media to prove that she's not being oppressed by the Gothard lifestyle -- but does not want to express herself to strangers -- she just posts Pinterest-inspired, very expected stuff about decorating, dresses, gardening and how good the Lord is at the required rate. 

MY guess is that she doesn't ever post spontaneous photos of something that's actually happening in the moment or something she really enjoys, for example. She posts what's expected, based on Christian Pinterest. 

That's not to say that anybody would find her real life, thoughts and feelings any more interesting than the curated copycat stuff she posts. But her real life would probably have some feeling of spur-of-the-moment spontaneity to it, which her social media posts -- just like her talking heads on the show -- don't have at all.

Plus, she probably found the line "The best parts of my life don't make it to social media" on Pinterest and copied it because it sounded like something young Christian women who want to be influencers post on social media to be intriguing.

And it worked -- Unlike those post-ending questions that Jer and Jingle intend to create the elusive reader engagement but that in fact leave readers entirely unmoved and uninterested, Jana's copycat quote actually raised a real question in @GeeGolly 's mind!

Jana found a quote that actually fosters reader engagement even though, unlike Jessa, Jingle and Jer, she doesn't even want reader engagement. But that goes along with something else I've always suspected -- that Jana's one of the smarter Duggars. INot the same as being one of the smarter Einsteins. But still....) 

Jana is the one I most want to write a tell-all. As the second oldest, she’s seen it all. Was Michelle a good mother before the laundry room breakdown?  Did she know her mother didn’t like her?  How do the siblings really feel about Josh?  How was she the only one to dodge Josh’s molestation and does she feel undeserved guilt because of it?
 

Did Jill and Jana resent practically raising the entire family?  Did blanket training end when Michelle gave up raising the kids? Did the girls resent the laziness and slovenly hygiene of their brothers?

Is she unmarried because she rejected unsuitable men, because she’s asexual, possibly gay, or because she didn’t want to leave home due to Stockholm Syndrome, fear of leaving the kids in her parents’ care, or simple contentment in her sisterwife role?

Do you want kids or are you sick of raising babies?  How do you feel as the family unpaid nanny?  Are you tired of babies being shoved in your arms as your married sisters sashay off and have real adult moments?  
 

How do you feel about Jim Bob cutting Jill out of your lives?  What’s the real scoop on the Bates family?  How do you feel when Lawson baits fans with a relationship between the two of you?   How do you feel when people speculate on your sexuality?

 

And that’s just the beginning. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

I'm over Jana.

50% chance this season ends with a courtship. It's all they have left...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Jana is the one I most want to write a tell-all. As the second oldest, she’s seen it all. Was Michelle a good mother before the laundry room breakdown?  Did she know her mother didn’t like her?  How do the siblings really feel about Josh?  How was she the only one to dodge Josh’s molestation and does she feel undeserved guilt because of it?
 

Did Jill and Jana resent practically raising the entire family?  Did blanket training end when Michelle gave up raising the kids? Did the girls resent the laziness and slovenly hygiene of their brothers?

Is she unmarried because she rejected unsuitable men, because she’s asexual, possibly gay, or because she didn’t want to leave home due to Stockholm Syndrome, fear of leaving the kids in her parents’ care, or simple contentment in her sisterwife role?

Do you want kids or are you sick of raising babies?  How do you feel as the family unpaid nanny?  Are you tired of babies being shoved in your arms as your married sisters sashay off and have real adult moments?  
 

How do you feel about Jim Bob cutting Jill out of your lives?  What’s the real scoop on the Bates family?  How do you feel when Lawson baits fans with a relationship between the two of you?   How do you feel when people speculate on your sexuality?

 

And that’s just the beginning. 

A few of these questions have been answered by Jana, her parents and siblings.

Michelle has told the stories of Jana being the kicker in the womb, how Jana needed to be trained when younger not to talk so much and that Jana needed weight watchers. As well as the infamous jewelry box story. So I'm guessing she knows she's not the favorite.

It's assumed Jana blanket trained the younger kids as Joy said were afraid to get in trouble with her. Jana once said (in tears) she's had a hard time forgiving someone. Many assume she meant Josh.

I don't know about the Bates family, but Jana and Michaela were 'close' until Michaela married.

Jana has asked posters to stop asking whether she and Laura are dating and that she's interested in men.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

A few of these questions have been answered by Jana, her parents and siblings.

Michelle has told the stories of Jana being the kicker in the womb, how Jana needed to be trained when younger not to talk so much and that Jana needed weight watchers. As well as the infamous jewelry box story. So I'm guessing she knows she's not the favorite.

It's assumed Jana blanket trained the younger kids as Joy said were afraid to get in trouble with her. Jana once said (in tears) she's had a hard time forgiving someone. Many assume she meant Josh.

I don't know about the Bates family, but Jana and Michaela were 'close' until Michaela married.

Jana has asked posters to stop asking whether she and Laura are dating and that she's interested in men.

But I want the unvarnished truth. And does she still resent Jessa for the treasured item she had to give her?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

But I want the unvarnished truth. And does she still resent Jessa for the treasured item she had to give her?

As of maybe three or four years ago, Jana cried when the story was brought up. There's some kind of feelings still there.

 

  • Like 6
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

Oh if I was Jana, I'd still resent the hell out of Jessa for that. I am still mad at a cousin I met one time for something that happened 25 years ago. (Bitch threw an apple at me without provocation.) 

  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Oh if I was Jana, I'd still resent the hell out of Jessa for that. I am still mad at a cousin I met one time for something that happened 25 years ago. (Bitch threw an apple at me without provocation.) 

An aunt slapped me across the face when I was around six, and I’ve wanted to confront her ever since. Bitch! 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A few of these questions have been answered by Jana, her parents and siblings.

Michelle has told the stories of Jana being the kicker in the womb, how Jana needed to be trained when younger not to talk so much and that Jana needed weight watchers. As well as the infamous jewelry box story. So I'm guessing she knows she's not the favorite.

It's assumed Jana blanket trained the younger kids as Joy said were afraid to get in trouble with her. Jana once said (in tears) she's had a hard time forgiving someone. Many assume she meant Josh.

I don't know about the Bates family, but Jana and Michaela were 'close' until Michaela married.

Jana has asked posters to stop asking whether she and Laura are dating and that she's interested in men.

She's also close to Priscilla Waller. I've always thought it said something that Jana was close to two of the biggest true believers. She clearly hates the spotlight, but she also clearly believes all the bullshit her parents peddle, and is happy--or content, at least--to be their house manager and enforcer. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Why did they make Jana go to Weight Watchers? I don't recall any of the daughters being anywhere close to overweight. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Jed is running for office. However, until that run is shown on the show itself, discussion of it is out of bounds due to our Politics Policy. Discussion of his opponent, President Trump or any other politics, for purpose of comparison or anything else, is ALSO out of bounds. Further violations of this will receive warnings. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Why did they make Jana go to Weight Watchers? I don't recall any of the daughters being anywhere close to overweight. 

JimBob was shown going on a diet and going to WW.  Jana was supposed to drop weight, too, but I think she was his accountability partner.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Jana was already a Lifetime Member when Boob went to WW. She went when she was 16 or 17, probably as MECHELLE'S accountability partner. Michelle also accompanied Boob to his WW meeting. And I'm sure it was his ONLY meeting.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

The only question I want Jana to answer is what the fuck are you doing still living at home?

Taking care of the younger kids probably, it's not like Lolli all the sudden got the parenting bug. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jana was already a Lifetime Member when Boob went to WW. She went when she was 16 or 17, probably as MECHELLE'S accountability partner. Michelle also accompanied Boob to his WW meeting. And I'm sure it was his ONLY meeting.

why/how/what for? Jana has never appeared to be in need of healthy weight maintenance &  personal fitness education / lifestyle changes.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Jana apparently lost 15 lbs. she never really needed to lose. But yes, during the episode it was mentioned that she's a lifetime member. As is Mechelle.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jana apparently lost 15 lbs. she never really needed to lose. But yes, during the episode it was mentioned that she's a lifetime member. As is Mechelle.

Didn’t mechelle say she had an eating disorder when she was a teen? What’s she doing at weight watchers? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think you'll find Meechelle has whatever is needed to call attention to herself or expediently get out of work, whether that be missing back muscles or an eating disorder.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
Aethera

I know Jed is running for office, but unless and until this is discussed/shown ON THE SHOW, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size