Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SpaghettiTuesdays

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James and Justin

41 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Also, Jed 202 ran a 5k which is around 3 miles. Most young folk can do that without much training.  My 40 something sister ran one a few weeks back without training at all.  She wasn't trying to set any records, but it didn't kill her, either.  Meanwhile, my bro in law is a marathoner who runs 17-20 miles every Saturday with friends for 'fun'.  Yes, we think his mental health is in question.

I live with one of those crazy marathon runners who runs lots of miles for fun.

mrcrazy's last 5k race time in Jan was 20:03 - at age 59 he would have beaten all the duggar boys in their home town race.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

I think the boys are running marathons to seem fit, attractive, athletic, etc. to young women, potential brides, etc. None of the married guys ran this time. A lot of young men would have sport accomplishments linked to school, but not our homefoolers. So they run to look good. Plus it's good excerise. Staying fit and working seem to be priorities for young people across almost all belief systems. 

• Like 4

If only they worked! And sure I stayed very fit at that age, but didn’t take pics of myself or boast about it to others.

• Like 9

We've speculated on here before about what an issue it might be to try to marry off all those bland, indistinguishable boys. I could see where in their minds somehow "running race = marriage material," just like pics of Jana doing domestic stuff seems to equal the same thing for them. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zella said:

We've speculated on here before about what an issue it might be to try to marry off all those bland, indistinguishable boys. I could see where in their minds somehow "running race = marriage material," just like pics of Jana doing domestic stuff seems to equal the same thing for them. 

Although all the eligible lonely J boys were running... so it's not a distinguishing hobby.

Edited by Temperance · Reason: left out words

11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Although eligible lonely J boys were running... so it's not a distinguishing hobby.

Hehe I think we put way more thought into all this than they ever do. LOL

• Laugh 12

7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Staying fit and working seem to be priorities for young people across almost all belief systems. 

Except for fundies after she says yes the male lets themself go .

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think the boys are running marathons to seem fit, attractive, athletic, etc. to young women, potential brides, etc. None of the married guys ran this time. A lot of young men would have sport accomplishments linked to school, but not our homefoolers. So they run to look good. Plus it's good excerise. Staying fit and working seem to be priorities for young people across almost all belief systems. 

Now if only they’d make the jump from running to appear to be fit to running to actually be fit. Lose some of the pudge. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Now if only they’d make the jump from running to appear to be fit to running to actually be fit. Lose some of the pudge. 

Yeah, they should.....But that would take a certain amount of common sense, commitment and initiative -- in a cause that probably wouldn't lead to easy money.....And they might end up looking better than Jim Bob....and becoming more energetic than they are now.....Both potential threats to Pops -- someone might think about getting a job or dating a cheerleader! 

So....not a recommended Duggar activity.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

I saw a photo of a long line of folks in Fayetteville, outside of some entity providing support for small businesses. I wonder if any of the Duggars will go this route, or if Jed2020 has made any comments about the current economy.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I saw a photo of a long line of folks in Fayetteville, outside of some entity providing support for small businesses. I wonder if any of the Duggars will go this route, or if Jed2020 has made any comments about the current economy.

I just checked Jed!'s Instagram and Twitter, and he's been pretty quiet the past couple of weeks. Other than the publicity stunt in Jonesboro, he's not posted anything since mid-March. Leadership! 

His opponent Megan has been quiet the past few days, but she was tweeting updates pretty regularly on resources for people until then. I was impressed how she slipped in stuff about her platform on language accessibility without sounding like a callous opportunist. She's also had some nice things to say about the Republican governor. I can't imagine Jed! reaching across the aisle at any time to say something sincerely nice about a political opponent. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

have we seen any photos of Justin or Jackson lately?

Justin was pictured front and center in the family bowling night picture on Instagram last month. I feel like we haven't seen Jackson (previously notorious for his ability to photo bomb) in forever.

ETA: And just like that, he's there in today's singing video!

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

The only way that I would watch this show again is if Jana and her bff are courting. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

9 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

The only way that I would watch this show again is if Jana and her bff are courting. 

Same

• Laugh 2

Yep she should be glad it's not hunting season because she does blend in pretty well. I don't get the Duggars and their ilk. Posting a picture that could be from a feminine hygiene commercial.

Just me? 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 22

4 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I don't get the Duggars and their ilk. Posting a picture that could be from a feminine hygiene commercial.

Just me? 

OMG that is totally her aesthetic, isn't it! Like pretty much every picture she has posted on social media could be incorporated into one of those commercials and would not look out of place. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 9

Duggars are just not thinking creatures, they just do as they have been taught.  I’m going to wear a green dress, heels, and stroll through grass. Because it’s Easter and also time for a reminder of my godly availability. 

Edited by SMama
  • Laugh 12

The dress does blend into the grass, but actually she looks great. That dress and shoes don't look that fancy to me.  

• Like 8

they should give photo credit to laura for the pic of Jana.

Laura posted on her own instagram a sunrise on the duggar back 40 where they rent the land to whomever has the cows.

surely the pics were taken at the same time and place

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

they should give photo credit to laura for the pic of Jana.

Laura posted on her own instagram a sunrise on the duggar back 40 where they rent the land to whomever has the cows.

surely the pics were taken at the same time and place

I think it’s lovely they were able to enjoy a sunrise together. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 14

12 hours ago, Temperance said:

The dress does blend into the grass, but actually she looks great. That dress and shoes don't look that fancy to me.  

I like her dress. I’m not into floral prints but I would wear it in a solid green or another color. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That dress looks like QVC clearance. Or from Meri SisterWives' online site.

C'mon now, JB, you could do a better sales pitch than that. Maybe she'll attract some guy who has a creepy thing for "Little House on the Prairie".

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

17 hours ago, Temperance said:

But WHY a ridiculous fake “candid?”

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

But WHY a ridiculous fake “candid?”

Because ridiculous and fake are staples of Duggardom. It’s go-to mode for them..

• Like 12

17 hours ago, awaken said:

So boring. 

This. Jana, from what we’ve seen, is a very dull person. She draws pictures of cute frogs and fuzzy little ducklings in her spare time. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 10

4 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

This. Jana, from what we’ve seen, is a very dull person. She draws pictures of cute frogs and fuzzy little ducklings in her spare time. 

Too bad she's not more subversive and inventive. She could do a whole Maus-style graphic novel of her life, with all the characters thinly veiled as animals. Jim Bob the Pig, Michelle the Possum, etc. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 11

1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

True, but what is her inspiration? She's got nothing! She is not allowed to go anywhere, she is not allowed to do anything, what does she have?

• Like 7
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Zella said:

Too bad she's not more subversive and inventive. She could do a whole Maus-style graphic novel of her life, with all the characters thinly veiled as animals. Jim Bob the Pig, Michelle the Possum, etc. 

It'd be a book of nothing but Jana and snakes.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

7 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

On this page, we have Big Daddy Viper and Mama Viper. And here's Molester Viper. Oh here's Twin Viper! And Fink Viper, Duck-Face Viper, and Spray Tan Viper. Fink Viper married Derelict Viper, Duck-Face Viper married Lazy Viper, and Spray Tan Viper married Fancy Pants Viper. Molester Viper married Doormat Viper. 

Edited by Zella
  • Laugh 19

I forgot Tomboy Viper and Hillbilly Viper!

• Laugh 10

15 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

No sloths, weasels or leeches? 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

They're an, ahem, lively ecosystem when viewed in these terms. 🤣 

• Laugh 8

4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

True, but what is her inspiration? She's got nothing! She is not allowed to go anywhere, she is not allowed to do anything, what does she have?

Basically, the Bible, and her little siblings, nieces and nephews running around!  And maybe gardening!  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I forgot about dung Beetles! And vultures!  Pathogenic bacteria! Viruses that don’t have a vaccine!  Guinea worms!  Egg sucking weasels!  Dirty dogs! Every species that lays thousand eggs or whelps a litter!  Gay penguins! 

They’re a real Noah’s Ark of animal corruption. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Laugh 7

1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Looks as though she’s been running about Salzburg, dressed in nothing but Maria’s old drapes. 

08C42D87-91EF-4027-A02C-9DE07DD8945D.thumb.jpeg.801cd3bd4371bd45a53b82547e6d8065.jpeg

Those kids had more fun. And were allowed to sing non-hymns.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

I think Jana, the seamstress, has let us down. 

WHERE ARE THE HOMEMADE JANA DUGGAR MASKS?

Jana & whatever Lost Girl/Niece  should be able to whip out a bunch if not for the family but for anyone that still may need them.

I'm sure all their fans & leghumpers would love to have a mask made by Jana or whatever Duggar.  There are so many possibilities:  She could make her own design.  She could put a cross or bible verse on it. She could do a YouTube tutorial.  

I'm not sure what the mask wearing rules are in Arkansas. I'm in Maryland & we are supposed to wear a mask when we are out in public. It can be homemade & doesn't need to be medical grade.  

• Like 16

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Michelle and her frigging apron.

To serve a store bought cake

• Like 3
  • Laugh 21

2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

no better way to celebrate no longer being a teen than with a pin on blue ribbon that says "Birthday Boy"

Isn't he getting a little long in the tooth to still be single? Time for God JB to pair him up with the perfect helpmeet, so the production company and marketing team can get to work on the courtship/wedding/baby story arc for the show.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Michelle and her frigging apron.

....to hold up her boobs?

Think she's in need of a more supportive bra.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm not sure what the mask wearing rules are in Arkansas. I'm in Maryland & we are supposed to wear a mask when we are out in public. It can be homemade & doesn't need to be medical grade.  

The governor has encouraged folks to wear them, but they are not mandatory. I know a lot of folks who can sew who are making masks for people. Some better than others. It does seem like a missed opportunity for the Duggars, though it probably is asking too much of them to do anything community-minded. 

• Like 9