Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I'm probably in the minority but I find Jana to be boring AF. I think she's managed to hide whatever personality she possesses, and presents only a bland face to the world, whether it's the show or social media. 

Well, if somebody stuck me on reality tv without asking my permission, I'd do my utmost to hide my personality too, whatever it was! I mean, maybe she's just a person who doesn't want everybody in the world to know her business, especially her internal business and thoughts, whatever they may be.

She didn't go out of her way to get a reality show for herself. Her parents did, and then declared it the family business. So she does her duty and works there. But aside from this  "job-related" TeeVee  and social-media exposure, maybe, like many people, she prefers to fly under the world's radar. 

If that or anything like it is her deal, then I identify! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, if somebody stuck me on reality tv without asking my permission, I'd do my utmost to hide my personality too, whatever it was! I mean, maybe she's just a person who doesn't want everybody in the world to know her business, especially her internal business and thoughts, whatever they may be.

She didn't go out of her way to get a reality show for herself. Her parents did, and then declared it the family business. So she does her duty and works there. But aside from this  "job-related" TeeVee  and social-media exposure, maybe, like many people, she prefers to fly under the world's radar. 

If that or anything like it is her deal, then I identify! 

I agree.  As an introvert, I would NOT have been happy had my parents been so arrogant as to think our family needed to showcase our wonderfulness.  Narcissistic people like JB and his appendage really piss me off.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, if somebody stuck me on reality tv without asking my permission, I'd do my utmost to hide my personality too, whatever it was! 

I have no argument with that. It doesn't change the fact that I think Jana as presented in public on TV etc., is boring AF. It may be that's who she really is, or that's the public persona she adopted in response her parents' TV show. 

Interesting, isn't it, that despite Jana's being the oldest daughter, when TLC scrambled to re-brand the Duggars after Joshgate, they chose Jill and Jessa as the featured subjects and named in the retitled show?

I think part of it is that Jana hasn't given the show much to work with in terms of a distinct personality. At most, she obediently goes along with their scripted "projects" - which may or may not be things she cares much about when off camera. 

And also there's the fact that, as @Ijustwantsomechips pointed out, Jana is well into adulthood but under the Duggar (and TLC) value system, as an unmarried woman she has no agency. No husband, no babies = no life. Which this forum seems to go along with in lumping her with the younger unmarrieds. To be fair, the subject matter of this topic goes back a long way, to a time when the group of all the unmarried 18+ kids was larger and included daughters in their 20's besides Jana. But now, most of the 18+ kids are married, or probably will be soon, with Jana as the outlier in terms of age. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I'm probably in the minority but I find Jana to be boring AF. I think she's managed to hide whatever personality she possesses, and presents only a bland face to the world, whether it's the show or social media. 

I find her boring too. I do feel some twinge of sympathy for her in that I really do think she's an introvert trapped in what has to be the worst family in the world to be an introvert in. But nothing that she has ever said or done is the slightest bit interesting to me. She reminds me some of my first college roommate, who was nice enough as far as things go, but she was convinced that she was incredibly quirky, and honest to God, she was the most boringly bland, normal person I've ever met in my life. 

I think as with a lot of the Duggar kids, it's easier to like them before they get on social media and show their ass. Jana's social media presence is very weird in that it seems highly curated (not always competently, though), but she still remains a cipher--but not an intriguing one. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Since I don't watch the show, I have one question for you guys pointing out that Jana's really boring.....Aren't they all really boring? I mean, really boring....Just in slightly different ways?

I mean, I suppose you're theoretically less boring if you marry some dumb-ass, buy some stupid wedding gown, "save your first kiss" for your wedding day, periodically go into labor and hug your doomed-to-be-completely-uneducated children....But, as I said, that may be theoretically less boring.....Because there are more...um...events... involved in it.....

But they couldn't be more boring events if they tried. Especially since they happen to such ignorant, stupid, cowardly, do-nothing people? I mean, I guess Jessa's kind of a bitch....So, is that what you mean by a person who's not boring AF?             

And Jingle was moved to Los Angeles by Jer......But she appears to do basically nothing there except go to some casual-dining restaurants and to shopping malls and the church once in a while.....

But always apparently to do pretty much nothing except sit on her ass and be a spectator of the nothing that's going  on in any of those place......i.e., she does pretty much the exact same stuff the rest of them do in Arkansas....I mean, the big big thing is that she got some inches chopped off her hair.....So is that what you call not boring AF? Because who doesn't do that? It's boring....AF, seems to me. 

I mean, yeah, Jana's boring AF. But unless we're counting some of them being kind of bitchy, like Jessa, they all are. 

Aren't they? 

They are all boring, but people talk about Jana like she isn't. LOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

That should help set her expectations if she does marry a 30-something virgin, anyway. I'll see myself to the prayer closet.

Or completely quell any lurking desires she might feel to get married at all. I mean, maybe she sometimes gets to be alone while "gardening" in the once-and-future chicken coop? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 2/3/2020 at 9:25 PM, awaken said:

😂I’m dying!!!  40,000 strokes per minute!!  This is even better than Anna’s “better than hands” device!  😂

at first glance it looked like a pregnancy test!

I’ll meet you in the prayer closet because my filthy, sophomoric eyes zeroed in on the 40,000 strokes per minute.  Hmmmm...I guess that explains the subtle smile she always has. It’s afterglow. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I’ll meet you in the prayer closet because my filthy, sophomoric eyes zeroed in on the 40,000 strokes per minute.  Hmmmm...I guess that explains why he subtle smile she always has. It’s afterglow. 

Bwahahaha!  All the comments on this have been great, but this one really hit it out of the park! Jana and her "afterglow"! Almost makes me wonder whether the Mona Lisa had any such gadget.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

In the past few months we've had rumors that Jason, James, and Justin are in courtships. Have there been any real confirmations? The stuff shown on here has been, to me, just speculation and guessing from pictures may or may not mean anything.

• Love 2

Posing with pickles and various battery operated, vibrating devices. If they only knew.

I agree the Duggars, including Jana, are boring, but really isn't everyone to varying degrees?

If y'all wanna see boring, I could give you a week in the life of me. With that said, I can hold my own in conversations on more topics than beauty products and Jesus.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Posing with pickles and various battery operated, vibrating devices. If they only knew.

I agree the Duggars, including Jana, are boring, but really isn't everyone to varying degrees?

If y'all wanna see boring, I could give you a week in the life of me. With that said, I can hold my own in conversations on more topics than beauty products and Jesus.

I believe you've made our point! 

(All they can actually hold their own on is the beauty products, though. When it comes to Jesus, they only know the very particular -- and limited, not to mention warped by Gothardism-- propaganda on that topic that they've been required to memorize. That's not conducive to actual conversation.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That to me is what makes the Duggars boring. I can't imagine being trapped in a conversation with any of them. I suspect a lot of them would be perfectly pleasant as long as you don't delve into their hateful beliefs but not say anything that was the least bit insightful or amusing. 

I do think most people have boring lives on the surface. (In college, I took a class on historical research, and one of the professors made us all document a day in our lives as part of an activity on learning what is and is not recorded in sources. And after a few of us told him read out excerpts of our findings, he made us stop reading because he said, and I quote, "Oh my God, you guys are so boring!" 🤣

Still, all of the people in that class who had boring lives were interesting people to talk to and spend time with. And even beyond that, I know a lot of people who have boring lives who are still interesting people with interesting hobbies that they can talk about. I'd rather watch paint dry than suffer through poor inarticulate Jana talk about decorating her parents' bedroom. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 18
44 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

He's just living his best life, isn't he?

And I expect little to change even if he wins the election. Unless there's pro-life legislation. Then he'll show up in Little Rock to vote.

• Love 11

I’m surprised he can leave is thriving carlot to just take a random Colorado ski vacation.  I’m also surprised he can afford it. Perhaps he’d like to release his tax returns in the last few years? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Do you actually think he's filed his own taxes?

If you claim income, then you have to file taxes. Unless you’re under the income threshold, which is really, really low. Of course, you can have anyone prepare your taxes you want, as long as it’s indicated who prepared them on the form. And what do you know, his father just happens to run a tax preparation service out of the dining room table...

So, I’m sure he filed taxes. You just won’t convince me he actually earned the money. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Do you actually think he's filed his own taxes?

The point of shuffling of JB's properties into LLCs and kids' names is the profits would be taxed at the rate of the LLC's named owner. Which would be a lower rate than JB's because the kids have no real income.

also if paperwork is done and filed correctly there is a significant tax break.

So all those duggars who have an LLC in their name will have to file their own return.

I doubt the kidults will have any involvement filing their taxes other than signing the paperwork set in front of them that was prepared by JB's accountant.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't remember everyone who has an LLC. Does Jed! have one?

all the over 18s males except Josh and James.

James is named as a director on JED!'s

Also Jana, Anna, and Jeremy.

Just did a search on Arkansas SOS - I don't see an LLC now for Joe.

JED!s THOMAS-LAKEVIEW BIBLE CLASS LLC - now doesn't come up in a search using the name Duggar

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, he doesn't have an LLC then?

It's random how I just learned this this week--for non-Duggar related things actually--but Arkansas law does not recognize nonprofit LLCs. If you are an LLC and file for nonprofit status in Arkansas, you are not eligible for the tax benefits of being a nonprofit.* Thus, there is no reason to create an LLC and be a nonprofit. So, I'd say if he is listed as a nonprofit, he has incorporated. 

*This is all according to an attorney licensed in the state of Arkansas whom I trust. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

Yeah, I just double-checked, Jed has a nonprofit corporation. That means he will not pay income, franchise, or property tax on anything connected to it. His siblings will technically be liable for those taxes with their LLCs.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Surely taxes were included in their bankruptcy lessons.

They skipped the "Render unto Caesar" part, though. I know Jim Bob doesn't accept that one as gospel. Especially for him, since he should receive very very special treatment since he's fathered 19 of the godliest kids in the universe for the benefit of our world and nation. 

I have no doubt that's a core belief of the big shithead. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah, I just double-checked, Jed has a nonprofit corporation. That means he will not pay income, franchise, or property tax on anything connected to it. His siblings will technically be liable for those taxes with their LLCs.

Just a quick note. "Nonprofit" or "not for profit" does not equal "charitable/educational/religious and thus tax exempt." Remember, there are federal income taxes and then a variety of state taxes. 

Simply forming a nonprofit corporation doesn't gain tax exemption. For his nonprofit corporation to be federally tax exempt, Jed! would need to get it qualified as a 501(c)(3) or other type of tax-exempt entity, and also file to obtain tax exempt status with the Arkansas government.

Many nonprofits are not charitable/religious/etc. entities, and thus not tax exempt. For instance, our HOA is a nonprofit corporation but has to pay federal income taxes because it's not a charity. Likewise, most professional organizations. (We're not in Arkansas but that federal tax law is the same across the country and AFAIK the states tend to follow the federal lead on tax exempt entities.)

ETA: "Nonprofit" or "Not for profit" means the corporation isn't being operated to pay profits to its owners/stockholders (i.e., profits). In the HOA example, the "members" of the nonprofit are owners of the homes; they have rights to elect officers, adopt bylaws, approve budgets, etc. - but they aren't going to be sharing profits, etc., like shareholders of a for-profit business entity would do. There are many other situations where a nonprofit business entity/corporation is appropriate, that aren't charities. Think of professional associations, neighborhood groups, etc. @Churchhoney has now posted below about Jed! apparently having some Bible class thing going on. As with Churchie, I have no clue WTF is up with that.  

Edited by Jeeves
more thoughts
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2

As I struggle to figure out what the heck kind of nonprofit organization a bible class run by an ignoramus who's on a snowboarding vacation is.....And, more to the point, why the hell Jim Bob would have created a bible-class nonprofit during his big cut-my-taxes push of 2019 (Jed!'s bible class was registered with the state as a nonprofit last September) if you can't get a tax-break-beneficial-to-Jim-Bob for it(!), I came upon evidence that it's apparently possible to get a bible class declared a 501(c)(3).

As a "religious organization," obviously. But it still makes no sense to me, especially since Jed!'s bible class appears not to be a stand-alone charitable entity of any kind but a bible class that's part of a church (maybe???...not sure...)....But a tax-exempt bible class? Why? What the heck kind of property or assets would a bible class have? What kind of fundraising-activities-for-the-public-good-or-whatever would a bible class engage in?

Aside from going along with Jana-the-organizer to sing and preach at confined veterans, what have we ever heard of Jed! doing that would require contributions for which people would want tax exemptions (aside from just being a Duggar, of course -- and, in Jed!'s case, for political purposes....which, are, you know, not tax deductible...)?      So did the tax lawyer tell them they should launder political contributions through a bible class? WTF? 

Anybody have any ideas about how this thing would work to their advantage if, like the bible classes below, they got theirs declared a 501(c)(3)?

Here's one with that designation -- listed at the TaxExemptWorld website, which is a database of nonprofits. 

MENS INTERDENOMINATIONAL BIBLE CLASS INC

501C3 Nonprofit Organization Information

https://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=2613419

And another -- Grace Bible Class is a tax-exempt organization located in Passaic, New jersey. The Employer Identification Number (EIN) for Grace Bible Class is 222783811. EIN is also referred to as FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number) or FTIN (Federal Tax Identification Number). The organization type for Grace Bible Class is Corporation and its contribution deductibility status is Contributions are deductible. Grace Bible Class is exempted by IRS under the category of Religious Organization. The organization is an independent organization or an independent auxiliary. The main activities of Grace Bible Class are  Mission        Other religious activities

https://eintaxid.com/company/222783811-grace-bible-class/

So obviously, "bible class' is a category that can get tax-exempt status. Crazy as that seems, especially when it's a bible class run by Jed!, the political candidate and used-car salesman.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Just a quick note. "Nonprofit" or "not for profit" does not equal "charitable/educational/religious and thus tax exempt." Remember, there are federal income taxes and then a variety of state taxes. 

Simply forming a nonprofit corporation doesn't gain tax exemption. For his nonprofit corporation to be federally tax exempt, Jed! would need to get it qualified as a 501(c)(3) or other type of tax-exempt entity, and also file to obtain tax exempt status with the Arkansas government.

Many nonprofits are not charitable/religious/etc. entities, and thus not tax exempt. For instance, our HOA is a nonprofit corporation but has to pay federal income taxes because it's not a charity. Likewise, most professional organizations. (We're not in Arkansas but that federal tax law is the same across the country and AFAIK the states tend to follow the federal lead on tax exempt entities.)

ETA: "Nonprofit" or "Not for profit" means the corporation isn't being operated to pay profits to its owners/stockholders (i.e., profits). In the HOA example, the "members" of the nonprofit are owners of the homes; they have rights to elect officers, adopt bylaws, approve budgets, etc. - but they aren't going to be sharing profits, etc., like shareholders of a for-profit business entity would do. There are many other situations where a nonprofit business entity/corporation is appropriate, that aren't charities. Think of professional associations, neighborhood groups, etc. @Churchhoney has now posted below about Jed! apparently having some Bible class thing going on. As with Churchie, I have no clue WTF is up with that.  

Oh thanks so much for that clarification, Jeeves! I learned all of this because a charity I'm involved with is in the process of becoming a 501(c)(3) and incorporating as a nonprofit under Arkansas law. We had to talk to the lawyer when well-meaning people asked us why incorporate when you could just be an LLC. I think he did talk some about why we needed to do both, but it's obviously even more complex than I paid attention to! Lol

FWIW, I do think there is property across the street from the TTH under this Lakeview Bible thing name. Let me double check when I'm on my laptop and not my phone.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Maybe it's property used to be under that Lakeview name? I remember seeing that name during my property research and then later realizing it was connected to the Duggars.

I expect that's it. .... There's a Lakeview church around. But if a bible class is attached to a church, I don't think it can be named a religious organization for 501(c)(3) organization. I think you have to be stand-alone......The two that I listed up above seem to cast themselves as promoting something interdenominational, which is one of the things the IRS specifically lists as something you can do to qualify. 

Strange that I don't recall hearing a word about Jed! working in this new organization we're learning about here....! Guess he hasn't gotten his new nonprofit up and running yet. 👿

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I expect that's it. .... There's a Lakeview church around. But if a bible class is attached to a church, I don't think it can be named a religious organization for 501(c)(3) organization. I think you have to be stand-alone......The two that I listed up above seem to cast themselves as promoting something interdenominational, which is one of the things the IRS specifically lists as something you can do to qualify. 

Strange that I don't recall hearing a word about Jed! working in this new organization we're learning about here....! Guess he hasn't gotten his new nonprofit up and running yet. 👿

He's been too busy establishing a fraudulent residence in a town he doesn't live in so he can run for office. 🤣 Maybe this is Plan B if he gets his ass stomped at the polls like his daddy.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I’m nominating several of you to work for Homeland security!  I guess we can see why the case is taking so long to build. 

I’d also point out to the Duggars that if they were using the Bible study class of some kind of tax Dodge, or even thought about it, it’s a pretty big sin. Mixing your money and your church is  literally the only time their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ got physically violent. I hope Jed!  Is ready to be whipped in hell! 

A4BF4E90-235A-4247-9AB2-FD7D2D7AD123.jpeg

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9

I sort of think I remember Jed! taught some 2 week bible class last year and it seems we commented on him not including that in his list of jobs/experience on his campaign site.

but maybe I I am wrong on all of that

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I sort of think I remember Jed! taught some 2 week bible class last year and it seems we commented on him not including that in his list of jobs/experience on his campaign site.

It was a weekend seminar at Fort Rock. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Well, I don't remember this exactly, but I think it's just the "bible class" term where we're remembering it differently....What I remember is that he was listed as the "Executive Director" of the stealth-Gothardite "Summit" for young people they had in the summer.....which is a kind of bible class, but apparently more like a Gothard-indoctrination-camp/courtship-matching-meetup......

From the looks of the website for that, it seemed clear to me that they'd originally intended it to be part of Jed!'s resume.

He supposedly wrote the "welcome" page, held the Executive Director title, and "wrote" on the welcome page about how he'd gotten the idea for these summits when he traveled to Australia and New Zealand and saw that they had young people's God "summits" of some kind there....(I forget exactly what those were called, other than "summit.") And his photo on the Executive Director page was the one with the Arkansas statehouse  in the background. 

Google searching turned up the fact that Laura and some guy who's also a long-time Gothardite were actually putting the Summit on.....It took place at the Forsyth's ranch, I think, and the "faculty" were Meeechelle, Paul Caldwell, and maybe one or two others of the usual suspects....So it looked very much like a put-up job to give Mr. No-Resume Candidate a resume. 

But then when his campaign resume actually came out last November, this gig was conspicuous by its absence. I figured it was probably because the Gothard connection and the fact that Jed! didn't actually seem to have done anything except be a figurehead executive director were ultimately too obvious and whoever they're using for a campaign consultant nixed it....Who knows, though, of course? .... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Zella said:

He's been too busy establishing a fraudulent residence in a town he doesn't live in so he can run for office. 🤣 

There's an awful lot to do when you're running for office and have no qualifications whatsoever! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4