Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

That's Giddy with Henry. I think Giddy, Henry and Sam definitely look the most like cousins out of all the grandchildren. Lissy and Ivy are starting to look less like each other.

As usual, there appears to be plenty of Duggars sitting on the couch in the background.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Nysha said:

I think Garrett looks more like a Caldwell than a Duggar.

Yeah, they are really cute. 

I find myself worrying about Jana. It’s like slavery at this point whether she’s agreed or not. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Quickbeam said:

I find myself worrying about Jana. It’s like slavery at this point whether she’s agreed or not. 

I was thinking about Jana and JTTH the other day. We don't think a lot about it, but it must be well known in their circles that Jana was sent to JTTH over and over gain. Josiah being a "bad boy" who was sent to ALERT over and over again might be a real draw for a fundie girl who wants to "save" a bad boy, but if Jana is known in their circles for being a disobedient daughter, that may be a real deal breaker --  maybe not for the guys, but possibly for their parents who would be brokering the deal with JB.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Jana may have been a handful when she was a teenager--I have no clue personally; I was always told by people who encountered the family when JB was campaigning in the early 00s that the kids were extremely well-behaved in public appearances but who knows what was going on behind closed doors or how that dynamic has changed over the years--but it seems like she's drank the Kool Aid pretty hard recently.

I don't think rebellion is smiled upon at all in these circles, but I get the impression if you bounce back from it and lean into the beliefs even harder (which I suspect is true of Joy, to be perfectly honest), it will sort of be looked over in the grand scheme of things. I could be wrong, though. 

It is a bit weird how many guys have loudly denounced rumors of being connected with her. Not sure if it was because it was her or just because it was rumors. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I'm not that worried about Jana. The main thing is I hope she doesn't get married unless she wants to. I think there is real pressure from JB and the fans/snarkers to get married. She shouldn't settle for someone she only kind of likes. She should find someone who makes her excited and in love.

In terms of work, yes she does seem to help out with her nieces and nephews, but they go home sometime. It's less work than when Michelle had babies. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Jana may have been a handful when she was a teenager--I have no clue personally; I was always told by people who encountered the family when JB was campaigning in the early 00s that the kids were extremely well-behaved in public appearances but who knows what was going on behind closed doors or how that dynamic has changed over the years--but it seems like she's drank the Kool Aid pretty hard recently.

I don't think rebellion is smiled upon at all in these circles, but I get the impression if you bounce back from it and lean into the beliefs even harder (which I suspect is true of Joy, to be perfectly honest), it will sort of be looked over in the grand scheme of things. I could be wrong, though. 

It is a bit weird how many guys have loudly denounced rumors of being connected with her. Not sure if it was because it was her or just because it was rumors. 

The story is that Jana was a chatty-Cathy when she was younger, like grammar school age and JB & M trained that right out ot her.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The story is that Jana was a chatty-Cathy when she was younger, like grammar school age and JB & M trained that right out ot her.

Ugh reminds me of the Rodrigueses talking about breaking Tim's spirit. 😞

• Love 1

I think Jana had her spirit trained right out of her early on when she was a little girl. She was the most over-worked daughter and had the most responsibilities of babies and household put upon her at a young age. I often ask on their family blog to please list the household/children responsibilities of Jana at age 8 and list those same responsibilities for Josie at age 8. I never get a response. I'm sure it doesn't compare. Johanna, sadly, is the next daughter in line so I'm sure she's being worked a lot alongside of Jana. Those lazy, sloppy, entitled unmarried brothers at home don't seem to have any personal responsibility for themselves OR their bedroom. It's all up to the girls. Makes me sad to think about it.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I was thinking about Jana and JTTH the other day. We don't think a lot about it, but it must be well known in their circles that Jana was sent to JTTH over and over gain. Josiah being a "bad boy" who was sent to ALERT over and over again might be a real draw for a fundie girl who wants to "save" a bad boy, but if Jana is known in their circles for being a disobedient daughter, that may be a real deal breaker --  maybe not for the guys, but possibly for their parents who would be brokering the deal with JB.

I figure she gave Michelle and Jim Bob shit over the scandal so they brainwashed the life out of her.

I think Jana went to JTTH so often because she wanted to go.  It was a vacation from the TTH, Michelle and Jim Bob, and all her sister mom duties.  I've read from ex-ATI/IBLP people that the common outsider view that it's punishment or retraining is incorrect and in Jana's case she always seemed a bit excited to go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

If that is the case, I wonder how much it is balanced out by the fact that Jana is THE Duggar the fans/hate-watchers would like to see married. Very few people care about the interchangeable Howlers enough to tell them apart or even list all of their names. There was a much higher interest level in the oldest four girls when they were that age, and there remains higher interest now. Four distinct looks, enough identifying traits that pass for having four distinct personalities, their journey from poverty to tv stars, the amount of work they did as J'Slaves. And for years now there's been the lingering question of "why isn't Jana courting?" Jim Bob, like everyone else, knows that marrying off Jana is his easiest, best shot at getting back in the limelight. The fiance and his parents would get that limelight too-- strictly for purposes of ministering, of course.

• Love 7

In the early specials, it seemed like the intent was to focus on the parents and their oldest Josh (he narrated the moving in special).

However, focus turned to the four oldest Duggar girls..Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger..all 4 had distinct looks and personalities....that I don't see with the men (notice the men got more focus when they married Lauren/Abbie/Kendra get more focus than the guys..even when Josh was featured, Anna got more focus).

Jana has said even as late as early 2019 that guys have shown interest,  but they aren't the right guy.  I mean Jessa got an easily whipped guy, Jinger got a guy that loves cities as much as her, not sure what Jill was looking for when she picked Derrick (though in the early specials, she had wanted to be a missionary and he was doing that at the time they courted.)

When I look at Jana..she seems to be quite handy..she gardens, decorates, can build things, can do handy work, cooks, etc.....she probably would be the one to live by herself and do well...does she have her own company?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Ugh reminds me of the Rodrigueses talking about breaking Tim's spirit. 😞

The Maxwells told a similar story about the second oldest child Christopher on his birthday.  He now seems to be one of the fundiest sons, and married to the fundiest woman. 

1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Jana has said even as late as early 2019 that guys have shown interest,  but they aren't the right guy.  I mean Jessa got an easily whipped guy, Jinger got a guy that loves cities as much as her, not sure what Jill was looking for when she picked Derrick (though in the early specials, she had wanted to be a missionary and he was doing that at the time they courted.)

Jana seems to be holding out for a Chip Gaines/Property Brother type guy.  Someone who is handy, reasonably attractive, and has the cash flow to fund big projects. I can see her wanting to be the Joanna Gaines type. The problem with that is that men like that are already taken, or they’re not looking to go through JB for a wife.  The closest guys we’ve seen are Chad Paine and well...Austin. 

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The Maxwells told a similar story about the second oldest child Christopher on his birthday.  He now seems to be one of the fundiest sons, and married to the fundiest woman. 

I so wish for all those families to produce some broncos who won't be broken. But the proportion of those who turn up anywhere seem to suggest you've gotta be a genetic oddity of some kind to be in that category. Humans are mostly wired to conform, I guess. ....

Or even overconform, in the case of those who are subjected to breaking and fail to run so they may prevail, looks like. More's the pity. They're almost odd enough to make it. And yet they can end up like this guy -- being the most broken of all. 

That's depressing as hell. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

I'm completely confused about Jana.  She is allowed to make decisions on her own\aka buying property, buying the garden materials etc anything she wants to do project wise regardless if personal or family oriented.  Also I think she was the first single to get a SM account.  She seems to be allowed to come and go as she pleases with whomever sibling or female friend she wants.  Although she says there has been some male interest, we rarely see her pictured with/near any males. Maybe she has agreed to never marry and just take care of the minors and her parents as they age.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I'm completely confused about Jana.  She is allowed to make decisions on her own\aka buying property, buying the garden materials etc anything she wants to do project wise regardless if personal or family oriented.  Also I think she was the first single to get a SM account.  She seems to be allowed to come and go as she pleases with whomever sibling or female friend she wants.  Although she says there has been some male interest, we rarely see her pictured with/near any males. Maybe she has agreed to never marry and just take care of the minors and her parents as they age.

Buy property?

Come and go as she pleases with any female friend she chooses?

Buy things for big projects that are entirely personal? 

When did this stuff happen? 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Buy property?

Come and go as she pleases with any female friend she chooses?

Buy things for big projects that are entirely personal? 

When did this stuff happen? 

I thought she bought the tattoo parlor thing, she and Laura have traveled several places together, to visit family or to set up stuff for the family.  I could have sworn that Michele (or someone female) said the garden was all done by Jana.  

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I thought she bought the tattoo parlor thing, she and Laura have traveled several places together, to visit family or to set up stuff for the family.  I could have sworn that Michele (or someone female) said the garden was all done by Jana.  

All the over 18 single kids have an LLC in their name except James, who is listed as a director on Jed!'s, JD, Josiah, Anna and Jeremy also have LLCs and JB has several. I don't think any of the unmarrieds made any decision to have an LLC or what property is held in them in their names.

As far as Jana's projects - about half seem to be shown on a counting on "look what Jana is doing episode", so TLC/JB ideas.

Edited by crazy8s
added Josiah
  • Love 8
On 1/3/2020 at 9:06 AM, Future Cat Lady said:

Of course Jed hired his twin to work for him, there is no way in hell that JB would pay for a real professional. 

I think the Jer as campaign manager fiction was started so that Jed could have an excuse to have Jer around all the time. Without the pretense, Jed would have to explain the concept of an “accountability partner” to potential voters, who might (completely sensibly) ask how he intended to have meetings with female constituents and coworkers once he took office. I bet Jer is living with him too, they just aren’t broadcasting it for the same reason. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
17 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I think the Jer as campaign manager fiction was started so that Jed could have an excuse to have Jer around all the time. Without the pretense, Jed would have to explain the concept of an “accountability partner” to potential voters, who might (completely sensibly) ask how he intended to have meetings with female constituents and coworkers once he took office. I bet Jer is living with him too, they just aren’t broadcasting it for the same reason. 

Excellent point.

Cause it would be awkward to explain how a pair of twins only became conjoined at age 21.  I guess if Jed! gets elected, Jer!'ll have to be his Chief of Staff, too. ..... Hope there are no nepotism laws preventing that! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Without the pretense, Jed would have to explain the concept of an “accountability partner” to potential voters, who might (completely sensibly) ask how he intended to have meetings with female constituents and coworkers once he took office.

I'm sure he'd invoke that ridiculous "Billy Graham rule" and expect to be admired for it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I'm sure he'd invoke that ridiculous "Billy Graham rule" and expect to be admired for it.

It would be interesting if he didn't.

If Jed! gets elected, he'll have a salary (about 40K). It's not a ton of money, and I doubt JB would bankroll Jed! if he didn't think he was 100% in the fold, but it would be a pretty heady experience for him.

He'll gett a bunch of forms to fill out, and if doesn't specify that all of his earnings go into the Duggar Enterprises account and instead go into a Jed Duggar account, a whole new world would open up -- including talking to women with an accountability partner at his side.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Everytime Jana is photographed with a man who isn't her brother, there are immediate courtship rumors. Even if it's in a group. Even if they're on opposite sides of the pictures. Even if she's not even in the picture and her family is in the picture. The internet is so anxious to see Jana married that they start barking like dogs at passing cars every time a man shows up. So Jana and the family don't post pictures of her with guys so as not to get the internet suspicious. Even though they're not really famous, the same thing is probably true about the Maxwells posting pictures of their daughters and men. 

Jana was shown hanging with friends on election night a few years ago and probably sees other people more than we know. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jana seems to be holding out for a Chip Gaines/Property Brother type guy.  Someone who is handy, reasonably attractive, and has the cash flow to fund big projects. I can see her wanting to be the Joanna Gaines type. The problem with that is that men like that are already taken, or they’re not looking to go through JB for a wife.  The closest guys we’ve seen are Chad Paine and well...Austin. 

I love how these people breed like rabbits, have umpteen million male children, and were only able to produce one ‘Chad’.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

FWIW, Jer is not officially registered to vote at Jed's address. He is still listed as being at the TTH with all his other unmarried siblings in a different precinct. I am increasingly convinced that Jed is not living at that address where he is registered and is still living in the bunk beds.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

FWIW, Jer is not officially registered to vote at Jed's address. He is still listed as being at the TTH with all his other unmarried siblings in a different precinct. I am increasingly convinced that Jed is not living at that address where he is registered and is still living in the bunk beds.

They probably drive over there once a day at some random time, walk around, open doors and windows and shut them again, check the mailbox, turn some lights off and on, make the place look lived in and after about 30 minutes drive right back to JB's big tin sardine can. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think Jana went to JTTH so often because she wanted to go.  It was a vacation from the TTH, Michelle and Jim Bob, and all her sister mom duties.  I've read from ex-ATI/IBLP people that the common outsider view that it's punishment or retraining is incorrect and in Jana's case she always seemed a bit excited to go.

I used to go to a fundamentalist summer program for teen girls like this, and loved it. Nothing but bible study from morning till night, but the escape from everyday life and the whole experience was amazing to me at the time, and very formative. It was only years later when I came to see clearly that I became horrified at the paternalism and mind control. 

• Useful 15
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

They probably drive over there once a day at some random time, walk around, open doors and windows and shut them again, check the mailbox, turn some lights off and on, make the place look lived in and after about 30 minutes drive right back to JB's big tin sardine can. 😁

I agree, but they also probably spend a few days a week a bit longer sitting around pontificating about how he will "rule" once elected.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

They’d be fools if they didn’t take advantage of this chance to live elsewhere. But they are fools...

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

They’d be fools if they didn’t take advantage of this chance to live elsewhere. But they are fools...

I don't think they have that much control over their own lives to make that decision. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Absolutely! You know who else knows that? JB does. That's why there is a 0% chance that Jed! is living there by himself.

• Love 9

We had a school board member that claimed to live in the district, but in reality he just rented an apartment, and really lived in a house that was not in the district.  As I recall, be was replaced because he did not live in district.  It will be interesting to see if anyone checks on Jed's residency.

• Love 8

They actually aren't bad; i've mentioned this before. The Duggars seem to love to try to get in the spotlight/make money with the craziest ventures but not the obvious ones. They sound better than Lawson Bates and look where his "talent" has taken him. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

And Joanna Gaines has an education and her own work experience outside her husband.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Tasya said:

They actually aren't bad; i've mentioned this before. The Duggars seem to love to try to get in the spotlight/make money with the craziest ventures but not the obvious ones. They sound better than Lawson Bates and look where his "talent" has taken him. 

They do sound better. "Law" has better looks, though, and I expect that's been a pretty big aid to his music "career," since it virtually always is. And it's something the Duggar guys just can't get....

Nevertheless, surely they could play churches and various kinds of church-based events. ....But maybe JB doesn't want them actually traveling, because he wants them around to do his errands and chores? It's not like he has many, if any, other employees.....

It isn't clear at this point what's going on with LB's music, though. I looked at both his web page and his Facebook just now, and neither has a single upcoming performance listed. That may mean nothing, but he used to list gigs. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Color me shocked that the boys were good. If they didn't look like a bunch of middle-aged insurance salesmen they could probably make a go of it. As for Lawson, he's dreadful. Even studio wizardry can't mask how bad his voice is.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

The Duggars are really missing out on a money making venture.  Have a stylist and performance coach work with the brothers.  They could do well touring.  With a little effort they could be a boy band for the fundy girls.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

James, Justin, Jason, Jackson and Jeremiah could be separated out and do just fine in the looks arena. Styling makes a difference. They simply don't have anyone around them with actual non-fundie business sense. Style them as a "down-home" christian male group and the cash would roll in. I'm speaking from experience with this arena from lots of christian music experience. Despite people saying that religion is on a decline, young adults and worship music is really popular right now.  There was a recent Christian New Year's eve event that had 65,000 college age students in attendance. The Duggar young adult males would fit right in. 

Edited by Tasya
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5