Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

How old were Josh, Josiah and Jo when they got married?

I find it weird that the twins are 21, without courting in sight

It seems weird to me too. I think they have a looming PR crisis in that in the beginning the older kids (especially the girls) had somewhat distinct personalities and recognizably features. I can definitely see how fans got invested in them and their courting and who they ended up with. The in-laws so far are also fairly easy to distinguish from each other in personality and appearance. Now it's just a long parade of interchangeable boys who kind of look like gnomes. I think it's going to be a lot harder to interest viewers in a courtship for most of these boys. 

@Snow Fairy, if this website is accurate, then Josh was 20, Joe was 22, and Josiah was 21. 

https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Guide_to_Duggar_Weddings

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Now it's just a long parade of interchangeable boys who kind of look like gnomes. I think it's going to be a lot harder to interest viewers in a courtship for most of these boys. 

That sounds like the lamest parade ever. So it's perfectly appropriate for Duggars.

• LOL 14
On 12/17/2019 at 6:16 AM, GeeGolly said:

Shit, there's a Justin!

James 18 ("No! Really!! I only *look* 12!!"), Justin, 17, Jackson 15, Johannah 14, Jennifer 12, Jordyn 10 (11 tomorrow), Josie 10.

Jana (& JD) will be almost 35 when Hannie is 18 and 40 when Josie is 20.

Fixed it for you.

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, PuffinFizz said:

Why is he writing this to Jer? When as far as we know he’s not allowed on instagram?

Because it's not for him? This post is for the humpers so they can continue oohing and ahhing over what a great, Jesus-loving family the Duggars are.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

How old were Josh, Josiah and Jo when they got married?

I suspect that both of the twins will be married off by the time they reach the age JD was when he courted and married (28).

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I'm surprised they didn't concoct a courtship/engagement for Jed before he launched his political career. A pretty, well-mannered fiancée at his side would be a campaign asset.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I'm surprised they didn't concoct a courtship/engagement for Jed before he launched his political career. A pretty, well-mannered fiancée at his side would be a campaign asset.

But their engagements aren't very long so they'd have to time it right. I suppose a Very Special Wedding Episode of Counting On for Jed would be a boost for his campaign. He needs to get busy. If he starts now, he could be courting --> engaged --> married --> an expectant father-to-be, as of election day in November. And he could use all his campaign appearances to pontificate on relationships, family, marriage, and raising kids. With his very special Duggar knowledge of all that stuff. Win-win! 🤣

Edited by Jeeves
Appearances, not experiences.
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

But their engagements aren't very long so they'd have to time it right. I suppose a Very Special Wedding Episode of Counting On for Jed would be a boost for his campaign. He needs to get busy. If he starts now, he could be courting --> engaged --> married --> an expectant father-to-be, as of election day in November. And he could use all his campaign experiences to pontificate on relationships, family, marriage, and raising kids. With his very special Duggar knowledge of all that stuff. Win-win! 🤣

That definitely would work but like you said he needs to get started right away. They could cut back on the courting & engagement times but even if they went the normal three month route for each , the wedding will be in July.  That still gives them a few months to get the deed done & get pregnant if they don't have a honeymoon baby. 

I can see it now - a very tight pregnancy campaign T-shirt with Jed!2020 on it. 

• LOL 10
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jed! could easily win though. 

True but I really do think Springdale's demographics skew Democratic now, and the incumbent meshes will with the constituency. Of course, nothing is guaranteed. I haven't seen where another Republican filed, so I guess Jed!, unlike Jim Bob's last elections, will at least advance beyond the primary. I'm really interested to see if there will be a debate between him and his opponent. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Zella said:

True but I really do think Springdale's demographics skew Democratic now, and the incumbent meshes will with the constituency. Of course, nothing is guaranteed. I haven't seen where another Republican filed, so I guess Jed!, unlike Jim Bob's last elections, will at least advance beyond the primary. I'm really interested to see if there will be a debate between him and his opponent. 

A debate would be hilarious! Megan talking about concrete issues, while Jed! is all about saving the unborn babiezzzzzz!!!!!112

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

A debate would be hilarious! Megan talking about concrete issues, while Jed! is all about saving the unborn babiezzzzzz!!!!!112

Unfortunately, I know too many people who will vote for a politician solely because of an anti-choice platform.  They don't know and don't care about his/her stand on any other issue, as long as the prevailing attitude is that a woman has no agency over her own body.  🤢

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Unfortunately, I know too many people who will vote for a politician solely because of an anti-choice platform.  They don't know and don't care about his/her stand on any other issue, as long as the prevailing attitude is that a woman has no agency over her own body.  🤢

Oh, I am aware. Boob himself was a single-issue candidate. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

For sure, but a growing number of Springdale residents are Hispanic and Marshallese. Jed!'s at a disadvantage there compared to someone with a long history of working in ESL in local schools. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Love how you used the exclamation point as the apostrophe. 😂

I am not sure who started the Jed! thing on here, but he will forever be Jed! now to me! 😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

So Sinner Twin is the campaign manager? That explains the lack of Jed! helps in the soup kitchen/food bank! Jed! wishes the hispanic community Feliz Navidad! Jed! Waves at non-Christians in the holiday parade! social media. Poor Jeremiah doesn't realize that having a ministry is about more than just being sanctimonious on the tv. Ah well, as long as it makes Jed! 2020 look bad, I'm happy.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

So Sinner Twin is the campaign manager? That explains the lack of Jed! helps in the soup kitchen/food bank! Jed! wishes the hispanic community Feliz Navidad! Jed! Waves at non-Christians in the holiday parade! social media. Poor Jeremiah doesn't realize that having a ministry is about more than just being sanctimonious on the tv. Ah well, as long as it makes Jed! 2020 look bad, I'm happy.

That's the story. Jer! is as qualified to be a campaign manager as Jed! is to be a legislator (or pretty much anything else, actually). 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
On 12/31/2019 at 6:53 AM, katycat74 said:

Ice cream to celebrate the big 21! Whee!!

On I am Jazz, the twins turned 21 also. Their parents took them out for some shots. Say what you will about Jazz's parents, but they do it right, lol.

I'm okay with the no-drinking thing -- although I certainly went out for drinks on my 21st birthday. The thing is, though, that I went out with my FRIENDS.

The few times we've seen photos of the guys out for pizza "with friends" just further illustrates how friendless they all are. I think that the Duggars think the word "friend" means "someone you've met who believes in the right Jesus."

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

After the election 3 years ago, I now believe anyone can get elected. I think Jed's chances are slimmer, but he could still win.

I agree, and it's very sad IMO.  Jed! hopefully will not get elected.  A one issue candidate will never be one that I will take seriously.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

After the election 3 years ago, I now believe anyone can get elected. I think Jed's chances are slimmer, but he could still win.

I know it’s not ethical for the networks to show a campaign in progress, after all and Fred Thompson and the current president had television shows on TV both were not shown during their campaigns. I still wonder if TLC will ignore that and make the campaign a part of the new storylines. Even if they ignore the campaign is still showing convenient courtship, which must be coming, it will still be a terrible form of advertising.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jed!s 'real' campaign manager is Jim Bob.

I think you're right, but Jer doesn't have the baggage, and it will be able to add another "profession" to the roster of the things that his illiterate kids are able to do.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

These kids barely have a high school education and they think they are qualified to run for office and be a campaign manager? Let me guess...they took a class.

The dumb get dumber.

Oh I sincerely doubt he even took a class for "qualification." 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Let's not forget that there are organizations that have been supporting and promoting conservative (IMO right-wing) Christians to successfully run for local and state offices (school boards, city councils, state legislatures, etc.) for years now. It wouldn't surprise me if Jed! has attended some trainings, meetings, seminars, etc. offered by such an organization. We'll find out in the coming months if he was a good student.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I'm okay with the no-drinking thing -- although I certainly went out for drinks on my 21st birthday. The thing is, though, that I went out with my FRIENDS.

The few times we've seen photos of the guys out for pizza "with friends" just further illustrates how friendless they all are. I think that the Duggars think the word "friend" means "someone you've met who believes in the right Jesus."

This is standard practice for super-controlling parents, of course. 

And the Gothard cult (and some of the other conservative-Christian cults) enticed entry by people predisposed to be super-controlling parents (like JB) by constructing a stupid philosophy that explains why it's ungodly, unhealthy and wrong for people to have actual friends outside your family.

Your sibs function sort of as friends--an artificial substitute to fool you into believing your life is like the lives of others.. However, since sibs are carefully trained to spy and snitch on one another, your parents can feel somewhat confident that you won't actually regard and treat them the way people usually regard friends -- i.e., as people with whom you have relationships that aren't within your parents' sphere of total control. 

Friends in your own age bracket that you actually spend time and bond with are essentially declared to be of the devil, the ATI/ILBP stuff argues. Lead you straight to hell. 

Super-controlling parents who are not super-religious (like mine were, for example) just engineer your life in such a way that friends can't get into it unless you move far enough away to escape your parents' ability to engineer your days. And even then it's likely to take decades for you to shake the brainwashing because you've been programmed to be a hermit with ties only to your immediate family. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

As for Jer being Jed's "campaign manager", I suspect that it's really Jim Bob who's masterminding the kid's campaign.

Oh, of course.  Jer! (as "campaign manager") is just a sock puppet with JB's creepy hand in his mouth. And Jed! as candidate and -- even more so -- as legislator (if a district is dumb and unlucky enough for this to happen) will be totally JB's sock puppet. 

The only reason Jed!'s running is because JB so thoroughly wore out his welcome even with most Arkansas Republicans long ago that he's still convinced he can't get power on his own. So now he's trying to get it through Jed!, just as he earlier hoped he'd get it through Josh. 

That's really why JB had 19 Kids. He's a person with zero empathy. Massively arrogant and concerned only with himself. The kids are all nothing but his sock puppets, in politics (and business, etc.).....Despite the  "But Jim Bob loves eeez kiiids!" shit that he (not even very enthusiastically) tries to sell and that many television viewers apparently are naive enough to believe.  

He doesn't love his kids. He feels warm fuzzies when he sees his human-sized gametes running around and, especially, producing even more JB-derived gametes to run around in the future. That's not "love' by any definition that has any actual love-related meaning whatsoever.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

These kids barely have a high school education and they think they are qualified to run for office and be a campaign manager? Let me guess...they took a class.

The dumb get dumber.

They didn’t even take a class.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

It goes to show how full of themselves this family is that anyone thought it was a good idea letting a 21 year old run for office with a 21 year old campaign  manager. 

Really stupid question....but do the spawn of JB even get a chance to say, "hey - dad?  I am not remotely qualified to be a politician/campaign manager, as I am only 21 and have no clue what I'm actually supposed to be doing."  OR - and I think this is more likely - these kidults have been brainwashed into thinking that they don't really have to "know" anything - simply by being born a Duggar, they are automatically deigned to be important and qualified for whatever their stupid dad decides they are going to do with their lives.

Good thing JD didn't rely on a pamphlet to teach him how to fly planes....or did he?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Taking a class to a Duggar can mean reading a pamphlet.

Or they watched someone else read a pamphlet one afternoon.  Same way they learned plumbing, mechanics, carpentry, etc.

• LOL 7
35 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Really stupid question....but do the spawn of JB even get a chance to say, "hey - dad?  I am not remotely qualified to be a politician/campaign manager, as I am only 21 and have no clue what I'm actually supposed to be doing."  OR - and I think this is more likely - these kidults have been brainwashed into thinking that they don't really have to "know" anything - simply by being born a Duggar, they are automatically deigned to be important and qualified for whatever their stupid dad decides they are going to do with their lives.

Good thing JD didn't rely on a pamphlet to teach him how to fly planes....or did he?

If a Duggar spawn did question KJB's edict about his future career, he would find himself homeless real quick.  I don't see this happening because JB has done a great job of beating his kids into submission in multiple ways like repeated trips to ALERT.  They choose the path of least resistance after years of brainwashing and inherent laziness.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Hopefully, the universe never allows them to be elected to even a low position in Washington. They’d get eaten alive there. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

The dumb get dumber.

The truly dumb people are the ones who will vote for him.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

JB wouldn't even let a real professional volunteer as a campaign manager for Jed!. No way is he giving up control or giving the appearance of not knowing everything there is to know about everything.

• Love 7

Nothing and no one co opts JB's authority or headship.  Notably the all powerful, eternal headship doesn't seem to end when his daughters marry, yet it does manage to envelop the new DIL's, who are expected to transfer their obedience from their father, not to their husbands, but to him as well.    

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not sure which toddler that is with Henry. 

I have trouble telling the kids apart, but I wonder if it is Gideon? Those are cute pictures, I will admit. 

• Love 11