Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I don't think JB looks good at all.  Maybe some legal & other things are waring on him.

He now looks exactly like that large-headed "foodie" guy on QVC. Twins.

Mullet told the story of baby Jesus complete with baby voice, huh? Cool.

Giggler DIL (Kendra?) always looks 50 times cleaner than the cleanest Duggar. I wonder if she scrubs down when she gets home.

I hope Joy's Secret Gifter got her a new denim skirt.

Jana and JB posing together gives me the creeps. Yuck.

Mull's not in the gift-opening pix because she's off sorting out her Starbucks giftcards that everyone had to buy for her.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 10

It would drive me absolutely insane to have to interact with that many people--especially when so many of them are under ten--even if they weren't Duggars. It must be so nice for most of the married kids (Josh excluded) to leave the chaos and go back to their own quieter homes. But maybe that is just me.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Bella and that toddler look distressed and desire to exit the festivities. 

Jana doesn't look all that happy either.

I think that's Garrett. It must be hell at the TTH on holidays when all the grandkids start needing naps. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

More Duggar Christmas hijinks, part one.

Joy did a MUCH better job than Jessa. These photos make it look like a family celebration with actual humans interacting with each other.

• Love 3

That picture of Giddy holding the steering wheel backwards is hilarious.

Lauren is really special. I remember back when she was dining out with her future SsIL. She mentioned she couldn't have dessert because she promised herself she wouldn't. Then during the marriage retreat she bailed twice. First because Josiah wasn't agreeing with her and then because she was ill. And here at the Duggar Christmas, she's sets up camp on a couch that is somewhat separate from the group and doesn't appear to interact with anyone. 

And I forget to mention that she went on and on about how learning is hard for her, but she went to college anyway.

In the scheme of things, Lauren has been given a pretty cushy life, yet it seems she wants the world to think it's hard and she somehow manages to struggle through every single minute of it.

I'm guessing if she was at a Christmas gathering of 6, her behavior would be the same.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Lauren is really special. I remember back when she was dining out with her future SsIL. She mentioned she couldn't have dessert because she promised herself she wouldn't. Then during the marriage retreat she bailed twice. First because Josiah wasn't agreeing with her and then because she was ill. And here at the Duggar Christmas, she's sets up camp on a couch that is somewhat separate from the group and doesn't appear to interact with anyone. 

My first thought of her on the couch was that she was exactly where she wanted to be. Around no one except the only thing that matters to her, Bella. Next year she'll be in that same spot with Bella sitting next to her and a newborn on her lap. She really is special....

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

TBH, being around all those people and chaos would make me retreat also.

Me too. I was just wondering how on earth someone who's an introvert would survive in a big family like that. 

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

You know for all the snark on Lauren, she's actually holding her daughter. Kendra has two kids and isn't paying too much attention to either of them. 

i took it the exact opposite way -- i noticed that the other moms were letting their kids enjoy the whole scenario. lauren was holding bella with a 'dont come near us' attitude, choosing not to participate. wonder if they are gonna be the 'dont touch her' kind of parents?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, zoomama said:

i took it the exact opposite way -- i noticed that the other moms were letting their kids enjoy the whole scenario. lauren was holding bella with a 'dont come near us' attitude, choosing not to participate. wonder if they are gonna be the 'dont touch her' kind of parents?

It's also Lauren's first kid versus Kendra already having 2. I could see Kendra being more relaxed about it for that reason and also because she has a calmer, more easy-going personality to begin with. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

If her daughter was older, I might agree with you. Since the kid is less than 2 months old, Lauren's behavior seems appropriate. Kendra's child is only 8 days older than Bella and she's already passing her off for other people to take care of.  

• Love 5

I think Lauren is standoffish by nature whereas Kendra is social and more of a joiner. I also think Lauren might have expected more attention for fulfilling her womanly duty and is a little miffed that she isn't getting it. Bella is just one in a stream of recent granddaughters. For Lauren, her first child is understandably a big deal, but for the Duggars it's an average Tuesday. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I also think Lauren might have expected more attention for fulfilling her womanly duty and is a little miffed that she isn't getting it.

I think another reason she doesn't get the attention she thinks she deserves is that she's married to Josiah, who is definitely not one of his parents' favorites. He's not one of the kids that Michelle had any interest in (Josh, Jessa and Josie are the only ones she gives a crap about) and Jim Bob always seemed to actively dislike him. Lauren and Bella are never going to get any special treatment.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

If her daughter was older, I might agree with you. Since the kid is less than 2 months old, Lauren's behavior seems appropriate. Kendra's child is only 8 days older than Bella and she's already passing her off for other people to take care of.  

Yes, her baby is still an infant, and could pick up extremely dangerous viruses such as RSV (my elderly father died of this a couple weeks ago 😢) and passing her around to dozens of people increases this risk.

• Love 2
On 12/29/2019 at 11:11 AM, zoomama said:

That's the way I looked at it too. It was just how her face looked. I really hope she isn't one that doesn't let others touch her kid(s).My parents neighbor's were like this with their child. It was the weirdest thing I had ever heard. Apparently their doctor told them to not let anyone hold their child. So my parents never even touched the kid. He's now 7, but until he was about 5, he never left either of his parents side and would barely talk to my mom and dad. He didn't do well in school early on either because he was always attached to his mom and dad. Now this past summer he would go over anytime my parents were outside and never stopped talking, so he did finally get out of that phase.

10 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I really hope she isn't one that doesn't let others touch her kid(s).

I posted this somewhere already, but in Jessa's video you can see Johannah dancing around with Bella at one point, and Joy is later shown holding the baby on her shoulder. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yes, her baby is still an infant, and could pick up extremely dangerous viruses such as RSV (my elderly father died of this a couple weeks ago 😢) and passing her around to dozens of people increases this risk.

I am so sorry. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I posted this somewhere already, but in Jessa's video you can see Johannah dancing around with Bella at one point, and Joy is later shown holding the baby on her shoulder. 

DANCING???

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Jer is by miles better looking than any of his brethren.  Jed, I'd still like to slap.  He's what I call a self-important weenie.  So now they are legal to do everything that they will never do.  Are their shitty parents going to buy them a sundae?  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Portia said:

DANCING???

LOL, sorry, I forgot who I was describing... not literally dancing, of course. Not really jumping for joy, either, or whatever asinine expression they came up with that one time when Jackson was a toddler moving to the music. But she was on her feet kind of swaying around and rocking her arms with the baby. It's around the 12:00 minute mark of the video (the focus is on the idiot boys and the pogo stick; Hannie and Bella are on the right edge of the screen) if anyone wants to check it out.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jer is by miles better looking than any of his brethren

But I can't tell if Jer is conventionally attractive or if he's just the one that doesn't look like a cookie cutter Duggar boy and thus is a novelty. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, McManda said:

But I can't tell if Jer is conventionally attractive or if he's just the one that doesn't look like a cookie cutter Duggar boy and thus is a novelty. 

In another thread we’ve recently posted pictures of young Jim Bob. He looks just like his father at around his age. That’s not a good predictor for the future. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, McManda said:

I think he's mildly above average in general--he looks more "cute" than really handsome to me, though he's certainly not hideous-looking--but compared to his brothers he's like a runway model. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

In another thread we’ve recently posted pictures of young Jim Bob. He looks just like his father at around his age. That’s not a good predictor for the future. 

Better to resemble Jim Bob than Michelle the crone. At least Jim Bob is aging reasonably well and doesn't make one think "and your little dog, too!" 

• LOL 11
6 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

Ice cream to celebrate the big 21! Whee!!

On I am Jazz, the twins turned 21 also. Their parents took them out for some shots. Say what you will about Jazz's parents, but they do it right, lol.

InTouch has a  shade-throwing piece:  21 Things Jeremiah and Jedidiah Duggar Are Still Not Allowed to Do at Age 21. Heh. It's semi-stupid but nicely snarky. Obviously, "run for political office" is not on the list.

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 15
15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jer is by miles better looking than any of his brethren.  Jed, I'd still like to slap.  He's what I call a self-important weenie.  So now they are legal to do everything that they will never do.  Are their shitty parents going to buy them a sundae?  

No, they're not going to buy the sundaes, they get them free on their birthday.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Still laughing at the term "knock boots" in the above IT article.  That's a new one on me!

On my 21st, Mr. X, his parents, and four of our friends took me bar-hopping.  Much more fun than a crappy sundae.

Jed Clampitt gives me the creeps, slapable face and all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2