Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 11:00 AM, ginger90 said:

I don't know what it is about this photo & the quote but it just makes me sad, maybe because I feel like there’s no hope for her. Eventually she’ll be married off and it highly likely to be with someone she’s doesn’t even like ( because she’s older) then she’ll be birthing babies for a few years she might not have 10+ kids but that’s what she’s taught all her worth is. 

Edited by Puffin
15 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's all probably a cunning ploy to try and get Jana her own show on The Gainses new network.

I believe this, and it would likely be called "Duggar by Design" or "Designing Duggar."

• Love 8
11 hours ago, kbott925 said:

I really think Jana is going to head down the Fixer Upper lane. She's been showing off her remodeling and designs she helps with. I don't think she will help people redo their houses but more of like a DIY business or something. 

She’s not particularly good at it though, just average.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She’s not particularly good at it though, just average.

For all we know, she has a fundie  girl with a servant heart doing all the real work. For free, natch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/24/2019 at 3:01 PM, ginger90 said:

91F1452A-F132-4205-B642-05B943EABD87.jpeg

I'm thinking under the circumstances Jana is living her best life. Away from th TTH for a week with a friend. Something her sisters were never able to experience.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Since Jana has never been employed, where does this money come from that she "shops" with? We also don't know WHO ELSE accompanied them on this jaunt. Perhaps a brother had to travel with them for accountability and 'protection'. No real time to herself without 'eyes' watching her. We will never know.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Since Jana has never been employed, where does this money come from that she "shops" with? We also don't know WHO ELSE accompanied them on this jaunt. Perhaps a brother had to travel with them for accountability and 'protection'. No real time to herself without 'eyes' watching her. We will never know.

So true. I think there was an episode way back showing Josh and Anna on vacation with the first 3 kids. They were in an RV. Apparently someone spotted a photo shortly after and Jana was there. She was never shown during the episode though, so it appeared the only adults on the trip were Josh and Anna.

We do know the Duggars mess with timelines and other truths when filming and posting photos.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So true. I think there was an episode way back showing Josh and Anna on vacation with the first 3 kids. They were in an RV. Apparently someone spotted a photo shortly after and Jana was there. She was never shown during the episode though, so it appeared the only adults on the trip were Josh and Anna.

We do know the Duggars mess with timelines and other truths when filming and posting photos.

It happened again a few seasons back on CO where Benessa and the kids visit the Vuolos in Laredo for the first time. Turns out Jana and Laura tagged along for that trip because a fan posted a group picture of all of them. They were never in the episode and they made it look like Ben and Jessa had such a difficult time traveling with the kids when all along Jana and Laura were there to help out.

It really sucks if, Jana, a 30 year old woman and her 32 year old friend can't travel without a stupid accountability partner keeping an eye on her. If they still think Jana will stray then they know their stupid training doesn't work.

• Love 16
(edited)
20 hours ago, Lunera said:

It happened again a few seasons back on CO where Benessa and the kids visit the Vuolos in Laredo for the first time. Turns out Jana and Laura tagged along for that trip because a fan posted a group picture of all of them. They were never in the episode and they made it look like Ben and Jessa had such a difficult time traveling with the kids when all along Jana and Laura were there to help out.

It really sucks if, Jana, a 30 year old woman and her 32 year old friend can't travel without a stupid accountability partner keeping an eye on her. If they still think Jana will stray then they know their stupid training doesn't work.

The accountability thing seems to be so ingrained into them that I don't know it's so much that they are not trusted to do anything without the accountability partner, but that they themselves are afraid of what might happen without one. They are raised to believe they are sinners by nature, and that sinning is an inevitable by-product of being human. So the accountability partner is seen as a sort of safety net.

Of course, it seems just as likely that two fallible humans might just as easily find the courage to do something untoward together than one might do alone, but since that little fact doesn't fit into their philosophy it just gets ignored.

I guess it's more about being trained to tattle on each other as well, so the tattler gets rewarded, the sinner gets shamed, and no one ever gets to really trust each other. But that's ok, because Jesus. 😢

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 7

Whether Jana is happy or not is something I don't think we'll ever know.  She's stuck between a rock and hell.  If she revolts from the family, she'll be shunned, which might not be a bad thing after all.  If she stays, well, we know what will happen.  I cannot fathom what her current life is like.  At 29 years old, I had been married for 6 years, made 3 moves (one out-of-state), and owned my home for two years.  At that point, I was a SAHW, and if I hadn't miscarried our only pregnancy, I would have been baking our baby.  I just hope for her sake that Jana is happy.

There's a cheesy commercial that used to be played that had a quote about how the world equally distributes talent, but it does not equally distribute opportunity.  These kids were robbed of so much by their narcissistic parents.  Education, true & pure love, and the simple chance of being individuals.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190629-165543_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.6c7e154274af377d5cef5ddb04c86307.jpg

It's an ad, she tagged Called to Surf. Looked at their IG and the dress actually looks better on Jana than the model.

That is hard to imagine as I think it looks dreadful on Jana. I don't mind the bell sleeve but the gathered skirt is awful and the way the fabric is sort of standing away from her body makes me think the fabric is coarse. No bueno.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

That is hard to imagine as I think it looks dreadful on Jana. I don't mind the bell sleeve but the gathered skirt is awful and the way the fabric is sort of standing away from her body makes me think the fabric is coarse. No bueno.

I like the idea of the dress for fall or winter, but not for the end of June in Arkansas.   That dress looks heavy.  If I wore that on the summer I would be glistening (Southern Lady Code for sweating).

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I'm sorry but between the dress, ugly sandals and hairstyle Jana looks a cult member caught in a 70's time warp.

• LOL 6
  • Love 16

It is funny how they’re starting to mix in with the new wannabe hippie crowd. My ultra liberal, lesbian sister-in-law has a clothing business - fancy, expensive, baggy, hippie looking, LA style clothes. Lots of long dresses, long hair. The Duggar gals are getting close to the style (only on the cheap side). If they only had a clue. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

It is funny how they’re starting to mix in with the new wannabe hippie crowd. My ultra liberal, lesbian sister-in-law has a clothing business - fancy, expensive, baggy, hippie looking, LA style clothes. Lots of long dresses, long hair. The Duggar gals are getting close to the style (only on the cheap side). If they only had a clue. 

Extremists always meet around the back. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 8:18 AM, Puffin said:

I don't know what it is about this photo & the quote but it just makes me sad, 

The juxtaposition of over-made-up Jana, in a cramped room, alongside a "garden" of dead  flowers tied up in bunches with nary a trace of original living color in sight might do it! And she calls it an image of "bloom" and "hope." 

I'd call it "Jana's Accidental Poetry" or "The Truth Comes Out." 

Sad, indeed. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I like the idea of the dress for fall or winter, but not for the end of June in Arkansas.   That dress looks heavy.  If I wore that on the summer I would be glistening (Southern Lady Code for sweating).

Whereas, in Jana's case, since she doesn't have leggings under it, she sees it as cool and breezy dressing.....  😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

The dress looks better here

Kind of plain but i think it's  OK.  At least it looks ironed which isn't easy with the gauzy type fabric. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Kind of plain but i think it's  OK.  At least it looks ironed which isn't easy with the gauzy type fabric. 

I like the dress a lot. It’s different, kind of 70s retro. Not my style but I agree with @Ohiopirate02, it’s more of a fall/spring dress for Arkansas. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

The dress looks better here

I think the waist hits her in the wrong place, making her look really short-waisted and that the effect is amplified by the gathers.

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

That's true. Baby steps.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I think the waist hits her in the wrong place, making her look really short-waisted and that the effect is amplified by the gathers.

That's true. Baby steps.

I think it is a high waisted dress

• Love 3
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I think it is a high waisted dress

I agree, but I think it is a bad style for Jana and probably most people. You'll get me into a dress with a gathered skirt over my dead body.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The juxtaposition of over-made-up Jana, in a cramped room, alongside a "garden" of dead  flowers tied up in bunches with nary a trace of original living color in sight might do it! And she calls it an image of "bloom" and "hope." 

I'd call it "Jana's Accidental Poetry" or "The Truth Comes Out." 

Sad, indeed. 

"A Rose for Jana"

• Love 3
On 6/29/2019 at 9:36 PM, BitterApple said:

I can't focus on the dress. I'm too busy laughing at Jana pretending Jessa gives her the time of day beyond summoning her as a babysitter.

Exactly!  And that little message below = <puke emoji>

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Josie always looks a little off because her eyebrows and lashes are so light it almost looks as though she doesn’t have any.

She also has a fivehead but she is a Duggar, after all...

That's it! I don't think Josie is an unattractive child (though I think proper nutrition would help immensely to diminish the preemie look she still kind of carries), but her hair is so fine and light that the lack of eyebrows really doesn't help.

I get it. I'm blonde and my eyebrows trend on the lighter side, especially in the tail. I feel like I look better when they're filled in (which is why I have them tinted 😂. I got tired of taking time with an eyebrow pencil!)

2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Is it too early to take bets on what jeneric message James is going to get for his 18th birthday?

I, for one, can hardly wait to see what the Lord has in store for him. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
Just now, floridamom said:

What's a fivehead?

One more than a forehead. 

Basically, a large forehead, either due to lowset eyes/brows (or in Josie's case, non-seeable eyebrows) or a high hairline. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Josie always looks a little off because her eyebrows and lashes are so light it almost looks as though she doesn’t have any.

She also has a fivehead but she is a Duggar, after all...

As someone with fine, blonde hair, fair skin, and a five-head, I don't think that Josie looks odd.  Her hair will darken when she hits puberty.  She can cut some bangs in to hide the five-head, but it;s not necessary.  Josie should grow into her looks as she gets older.

I just wanted to add a slightly blurry picture of me circa 1986.  

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Ohiopirate02
added picture
  • Love 12

I'm also a natural blonde with mostly invisible eyebrows and lashes, as are my children (blonde and ginger). I think we get used to seeing either dyed blonde or red hair on people with naturally darker hair,  or people using makeup to fill in the color. Josie looks totally normal to me.i do not fill in or color my brows, and only wear mascara occasionally. I think it looks strange to draw even light brown eyebrows on my face, but I'm used to my natural look. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Is it too early to take bets on what jeneric message James is going to get for his 18th birthday?

"Can't wait to see god's dismal plans for you!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 2