Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Don't Jill and Jana talk to each other anymore?  The contrast between their photos is shocking.  Then again, do we even know who is taking Jana's photos?   I'm assuming it's not a small child.

Probably a family member or Laura. From looking at Jill’s IG, I really don’t think she cares, tbh. If she wanted a more professional look, she could easily get that done. When you look at Jana’s account, from the start you can tell she’s really been trying to come off as one of those “high profile” influencer accounts. Sometimes maybe trying too hard, IMO. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Don’t they know what an evil, heathen compNy Apple is?

I wish it were a Heathen company! Student loans? What student loans?! 

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 5:12 PM, Temperance said:

Fyi Jill has admitted to getting Israel to take her photos unless they're selfies which she takes herself. 

I agree Jana's photos tend to look better. 

I actually love the idea of the four-year-old taking the photos!

Give him a sense of agency and some fun. Heaven knows a Duggar/Dillard kid needs both.

Plus, they're not the artworks of Ansel Adams or the war photos of Margaret Bourke-White. They're just silly personal photos on the supreme silliness and triviality that is social media. So why the heck not? 

On the other hand, if you're some phony-baloney 'influencer" who's posting your photos because you want to use your power to spread personal/family propaganda and sell stuff then obviously you want everything all posed and staged and photoshopped and taken by some super-careful adult.

But the influencers are all famewhores and liars as far as I can tell.

Pretending that they're writing "personal" stuff to their "followers' when it's really just sales talk. Acting as if they are somebody special whose tastes are so superior they ought to be our tastes, too. Because they're so special and worth "following." (although it's really just for the thrill of flexing their power-and-popularity-and superiority muscles and/or to make a buck).

Jana and Jer, I'm looking at you. 

You go with your bad self, photographer Izzy. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
On 5/30/2019 at 8:48 PM, Lunera said:

This looks like a 1960s ad for Maxwell House Coffee.....

And you can't convince me that "dress" isn't a Lanz of Salzburg summer nightgown (also circa 1960).

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 5/31/2019 at 9:18 AM, Churchhoney said:

I think Jill's mostly producing photos the way a perfectly ordinary person produces photos for herself. She's not an advertiser. She's plain old Jill. Because she's in her family and on tv, she puts her posts out there as part of their mission and now their advertising business. But those things aren't Jill and the pictures don't even show a trace of those things. They show her Duggar-tradition bad cooking and her lack of fashion sense, and she doesn't see that as a problem because the whole "influencer" role doesn't mean anything to her personally. 

Jana, by contrast, is producing photos that have no person in them. They actually are ads and pr for the brand. And that's all they are. Just as in everything else she does, I get the sense that Jana has no interest at all in showing anybody who she is as a person. When asked to do advertising and mission work for the family business, she dutifully produces post after post of professional-looking photos and careful, formal copy, all created as if by a fairly skilled but soulless traditional advertising-industry worker. And whoever and whatever Jana actually is is kept carefully out of sight, just as always. 

And then there's Jessa. Her photos are better than Jill's, but at the same time she comes off as more of an ordinary person rather than "professional PR" for the Duggar brand if that makes sense. It's more like "amateur PR." 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, drafan said:

And you can't convince me that "dress" isn't a Lanz of Salzburg summer nightgown (also circa 1960).

Great minds!  I was just flipping through a Vermont Country Store catalog, and that's the first thing I thought of when I looked at the nightgowns:  Jana's "dress."  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, drafan said:

OMG, I loved Lanz clothes. Saved my babysitting money so I could get one!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I'm confused. What exactly are the pictures for ? Just some giveaway?  Or, because she loves herself so much she needed photos of herself running in a field like a three year old ?

The pictures are for the clothing company  Called to Surf, with whom Jana is partnered. She's probably wearing their clothes in the photo. The post explains how to enter the contest.  Follow Jana and Called to Surf on Instagram. Tag your friends on the post to enter. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Thanks Temperance. I should have worded that differently. What do the pictures express? What are we supposed to see? They aren't professionally done, they dont really show the dress well? Who thought of the concept of "Hey Jana, go run in a field."

And a company named Called To Surf ? What kind of surf clothing can a Duggar wear ? Nothing that you can actually be in the surf with.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Thanks Temperance. I should have worded that differently. What do the pictures express? What are we supposed to see? They aren't professionally done, they dont really show the dress well? Who thought of the concept of "Hey Jana, go run in a field."

And a company named Called To Surf ? What kind of surf clothing can a Duggar wear ? Nothing that you can actually be in the surf with.

Based on their website, the company seem to sell fairly (but not crazily) modest versions of beachy-type wear and other things, including fairly modest but not Duggar-nutty swimwear. "Called to surf" is probably a pun on "Called to serve [Jesus]," I'd guess. 

I'd say Jana was going for soft-focus, countryside romanticism.  As in the Summer's Eve commercials @GeeGolly mentioned.

What I want to know is whether she's wearing boots or leggings. Whichever it is it makes it look like she has big, blocky legs that are a completely different color from the rest of her skin -- a sort of grey-brown -- because anyone who wasn't familiar with Jana's Gothard Style would never expect her to wear either boots or leggings with that dress. 

And if she wanted a dress she didn't feel she had to wear boots or leggings with, why didn't she ask the store to send her one of their maxi or midi dresses instead? They have a bunch of those....Although maybe they just sent her one of their dresses that wasn't selling too well or something and didn't give her any choice...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
(edited)
34 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Both Called to Surf and Citrus and Lemon are LDS companies based in Utah.  I got this info from a Tumblr account called FundiesbytheDozen fundie snark. 

Called to Surf apparently has a boutique store in Provo, Utah.  I guess you can surf the Great Salt Lake; otherwise why would there be a company called Called to Surf from Utah? (The Beach Boys led me to believe you need an ocean.) 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Both Called to Surf and Citrus and Lemon are LDS companies based in Utah.  I got this info from a Tumblr account called FundiesbytheDozen fundie snark. 

Called to Surf apparently has a boutique store in Provo, Utah.  I guess you can surf the Great Salt Lake; otherwise why would there be a company called Called to Surf from Utah? (The Beach Boys led me to believe you need an ocean.) 

Lulz! When I hear "citrus" and "surf" the absolute last place I would picture is Utah!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

She wears the clothing of the companies she advertises for as she tags them in the post often. Pretty much all the Duggars who advertise wear their clothing and tag them to promote them.

@Churchhoney She’s wearing high brown/tan boots in the field. You can see them better in the second pic of the post. 

9 minutes ago, Marthalord said:

She wears the clothing of the companies she advertises for as she tags them in the post often. Pretty much all the Duggars who advertise wear their clothing and tag them to promote them.

Yes, I understand that.

11 minutes ago, Marthalord said:

@Churchhoney She’s wearing high brown/tan boots in the field. You can see them better in the second pic of the post. 

Thanks. Boots or leggings. Boots or leggings. I couldn't figure which one it was! I'm glad it's boots, I guess. They make more sense than leggings. But they still don't make much sense! 

• Useful 1
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! When I hear "citrus" and "surf" the absolute last place I would picture is Utah!

People in Utah seem to start a lot of nationwide businesses.....They probably got sick of naming them after mountains a long time ago.....   😊

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m surprised that the Duggars support LDS-connected businesses. Conservative Christians don’t always consider Mormons to be Christians. 

Well, they did support Catholic Rick don't ever Google his name Santorum in his presidential campaign,  so I can see them partnering with any company if it benefits them.  The Duggars are more concerned with the company's stance on social justice issues like marriage equality and limiting the rights of LGBTQ individuals than whether or not the company is run by completely like minded individuals. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Well, they did support Catholic Rick don't ever Google his name Santorum in his presidential campaign,  so I can see them partnering with any company if it benefits them.  The Duggars are more concerned with the company's stance on social justice issues like marriage equality and limiting the rights of LGBTQ individuals than whether or not the company is run by completely like minded individuals. 

True. And LDS did win over a lot of conservative Protestants who previously shunned them back in 2008 when they acted as the main engine to get Proposition 8 (gay marriage ban) passed in California. The Duggars are way devoted to that issue, as we know, so that could have been a turning point for them with Mormons, as it was for a lot of other people. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Wanna make a bet?  Mullet would most definitely surf in that dress (term used loosely)....and while wearing the boots. And film it for TLC , with JB drooling on the sidelines.

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, drafan said:

Wanna make a bet?  Mullet would most definitely surf in that dress (term used loosely)....and while wearing the boots. And film it for TLC , with JB drooling on the sidelines.

Could someone please hand over the extra strength brain bleach please.

6 minutes ago, drafan said:

Wanna make a bet?  Mullet would most definitely surf in that dress (term used loosely)....and while wearing the boots.

Have you seen what she wears at the beach or near water. No chance.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:40 PM, drafan said:

Or Summer's Eve

9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I was thinking a 70s Summer's Eve feminine product ad.

HA!  Shoulda read further.  Just posted the same thing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Portia said:

"Mother, do you ever feel, you know, not so fresh?"

Umm, does that mean the devil has built his fortress in your.....vagina?

• LOL 13
5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

And it's true.

Not sure about the Great Salt Lake, but you can surf on lakes. People surf on the Great Lakes (of the Midwest). It's kind of a niche thing because the best time for surfing is in the fall and winter when it's cold which most people don't associate with surfing, but you can definitely surf the lakes (Lake Superior and Lake Michigan, particularly).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The fundies I know have a weird take on Mormons. Like, they like how wholesome they seem but do not respect their religion.

I found out last year I have some maternal ancestors who were Mormon pioneers, and I didn't even bother telling the fundies I worked with at the time. They already seemed to think I was a sinful mess and I figured the presumed guilt-by-association wouldn't go over well. 🙄

In fact, there's quite a bit of buzz about a homeschooling curriculum that is written by a Mormon. It gets a lot of good reviews and advertises itself as being non-denominational, but a lot of fundie homeschoolers I have heard really wrestle with their conscience over whether or not they should use it. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Zella said:

The fundies I know have a weird take on Mormons. Like, they like how wholesome they seem but do not respect their religion.

I found out last year I have some maternal ancestors who were Mormon pioneers, and I didn't even bother telling the fundies I worked with at the time. They already seemed to think I was a sinful mess and I figured the presumed guilt-by-association wouldn't go over well. 🙄

In fact, there's quite a bit of buzz about a homeschooling curriculum that is written by a Mormon. It gets a lot of good reviews and advertises itself as being non-denominational, but a lot of fundie homeschoolers I have heard really wrestle with their conscience over whether or not they should use it. 

I homeschool and I'm SO SICK of that argument.  It's The Good and The Beautiful curriculum written by a Mormon and does not mention Mormonism or any religion really. 

It gets the Fundies into a FRENZY.  People are brawling over this curriculum and it's banned on some of my FB pages.  

Wonder if any Duggs are on my pages using fake names? 

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Marigold said:

I homeschool and I'm SO SICK of that argument.  It's The Good and The Beautiful curriculum written by a Mormon and does not mention Mormonism or any religion really. 

It gets the Fundies into a FRENZY.  People are brawling over this curriculum and it's banned on some of my FB pages.  

Wonder if any Duggs are on my pages using fake names? 

Yes, that's the one! I saw samples of it and thought it looked like a really solid curriculum, but people go absolutely crazy about it. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Yes, that's the one! I saw samples of it and thought it looked like a really solid curriculum, but people go absolutely crazy about it. 

It's a nice curriculum. ☺️

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures 

It's cute and all, but those herbs need to grow a heck of a lot bigger before they are even remotely usable. Guess no one is planning on actually cooking with fresh herbs anytime soon or one good pot of soup could pretty much wipe out the whole bed.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why all the tacky signs though?

Crafts, Pinterest, Joanna Gaines, Hobby Lobby - you can't turn around in some regions without getting hit on the butt by a stupid sign. Stenciled on the wall, painted on a board, burned into wood, whatever. Flowing cursive, cutesy block lettering, or fancy font. 

And I mean stupid: "Home." "Joy." "Hope." And the really stupid stuff like, you know, labeling the wall with the purpose of the room. I swear, I have seen "kitchen" and "food" signs. 

One of these days, I swear, I'm gonna stencil "Turds" in a pretty flowing cursive in an attractive pastel - on the wall above the toilet. 

ETA: I actually have a stupid sign in the bathroom, but it's not sappy. My confession, with photographic evidence, is over in the Small Talk area.

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 20
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

One of these days, I swear, I'm gonna stencil "Turds" in a pretty flowing cursive in an attractive pastel - on the wall above the toilet. 

You might want to patent-protect that idea as there's a market for everything it seems!  LOL

Whenever I see these photo's of the Duggar attempts to rebrand the compound into a "farm" .  I can't help but think it's purely out of Jana's boredom.  She'll be 30 next year.  I'm NOT saying she shouldn't be living with her parents at that age because my brother lived with my parents until his mid-thirties, simply out of convenience, he basically rented a room.  She can't go to college, her boyfriend choices are probably very limited.  There are no more babies living at the TTH to care for.  If anything she grew tired of the monotony that is JB Duggar's style and decided that with all that land, she could at least have a hobby so her brain doesn't turn to mush.

• Love 5