Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Sooooo, is Jana hoping to get a sponsorship from GMC or something? 

Can you even imagine being a single 29 year old and not having to work your butt off in order to afford your car payment and rent?  Still living at home, fine, but what parent just gives their adult kids new cars?  I know rich parents will buy their kids' first cars, but most do not!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, louannems said:

Can you even imagine being a single 29 year old and not having to work your butt off in order to afford your car payment and rent?  Still living at home, fine, but what parent just gives their adult kids new cars?  I know rich parents will buy their kids' first cars, but most do not!

In my hometown, it wasn't just rich parents who bought their kids cars.  Anyway, I would say Jana has been working for her parents for a long time providing child care, filming the tv show, etc. 

• Love 13
On 4/22/2019 at 9:38 AM, 3 is enough said:

Don't want to jinx him, but his hairline looks better than Josiah's, Joseph's, or JD's.  Still nice and straight without the widow's peak from hell...

Anyhow, isn't he exiled to ALERT?

Once these words were spoken the hair slid right off his scalp 🙂

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Wow, I wonder why GMC picked Jana? Because of her hard workingwoman image? Because she has the least baggage of the sisters? Isn't Jana supposed to tout the virtues of buy used, especially cars. You know, her family's livelihood. Perhaps she's blackmailing Boob, and but good!

Just something else for Jessa to fume over. A new car! No fair.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Wow, I wonder why GMC picked Jana? Because of her hard workingwoman image? Because she has the least baggage of the sisters? Isn't Jana supposed to tout the virtues of buy used, especially cars. You know, her family's livelihood. Perhaps she's blackmailing Boob, and but good!

Just something else for Jessa to fume over. A new car! No fair.

It's not an actual sponsorship. Sometimes people post pictures of products and tag the company in hopes of getting featured on their page or getting free stuff. Such a strange thing for her to do, I don't think I've ever seen her drive a car.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Did Jana file paperwork to launch a company called Arbor Acres Group LLC?  Super sleuths needed:)

Radar says yes. Like all Good Duggarlings, she has her own money laundering front home business!

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

I think they showed Jana's spaces maybe once a few seasons ago. Nothing recent.

eta: I just remembered that she talked about when her chickens were killed, saying "It wasn't pretty." But that's been it. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Oh, I see on insta Jana had previously been using pallet wood in the soil around her vegetable garden. Pallet wood has arsenic in it. This explains a few things...

Some pallet wood is infused with a number of horrible things, but there are codes on it, apparently, which let you know the origins and what it might have been treated with. A good amount is just fine for home/garden uses.

That doesn't mean that your comment might not be apt, though!

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

Did Jana file paperwork to launch a company called Arbor Acres Group LLC?  Super sleuths needed:)

Yes.  However, it has the same mailing address as Duggar Aviation, so I wouldn't get too excited...

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Some pallet wood is infused with a number of horrible things, but there are codes on it, apparently, which let you know the origins and what it might have been treated with. A good amount is just fine for home/garden uses.

That doesn't mean that your comment might not be apt, though!

Were going with the fact that she checked the codes? Seriously?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The thing with pallets is, common sense would tell you to wash them well, use bleach, etc. before using them for anything food related. Even if they have been heat treated, and labeled as such, there’s no way to know what he’s been stored or transported on them. 

• Love 3
On 4/23/2019 at 9:17 PM, louannems said:

I think it’s more common to buy a kid a car than let them live at home until they are 29!! I’m an attorney and I’m still driving the car my Mom bought me in college because it’s paid for, I don’t finance cars and I’d rather take vacations.

In Jana’s situation she is not a dependent being but basically RUNS the household. She is a nanny, housekeeper, errand girl, decorator etc etc, she’s more than earned that car and everything else given to her. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think it’s more common to buy a kid a car than let them live at home until they are 29!! I’m an attorney and I’m still driving the car my Mom bought me in college because it’s paid for, I don’t finance cars and I’d rather take vacations.

In Jana’s situation she is not a dependent being but basically RUNS the household. She is a nanny, housekeeper, errand girl, decorator etc etc, she’s more than earned that car and everything else given to her. 

Exactly.

Thus, this is really more of a company car than a personal car. I seriously doubt that Jana does much -- if any! --  driving for her own pleasure or even for errands that relate only to herself.

All this decorating and gardening and crap she does improves (slightly) the look of her parents' house -- to keep up their damn appearances for tv and other reputational purposes. And how many actual friends does Jana have (especially if you subtract from calculation the ones who have apparently been indentured servants in her parents' house -- making them more like cellmates than friends, in my opinion)?

If you barely drive "your" car anywhere except to shop for the family at Walmart or Lowes and then turn right back around and, at age 29, return to your parents' house for the night....every blasted day and night...it's "your" car in name only, seems to me.

And the possibility that it's Jana's "choice" to stay at the TTH forever is pretty meaningless, in my opinion. Since none of the Duggarlings leave the TTH until they marry -- and even then virtually all stay in close proximity and continue to be employed by the TTH bosses and only by the TTH bosses unless they're female and a male spouse takes them elsewhere -- I expect that "choice" has little to do with why any of the Duggarlings, including Jana, eternally hang around there.

Somehow their tiny minds have been coerced into believing that, plain and simple, "choosing" to leave -- or pursuing their own paths in any way, like living at the TTH but attending classes or working an entry-level job for someone other than Jim Bob in preparation for leaving -- isn't an option that's available to them. 

Jana works at the TTH the way a robot works someplace. The robot doesn't go to its own place for the night or for the weekend. And Jana drives a company car to do company jobs and returns it to the company lot as soon as she's finished a job. When the facts are examined, I think that's pretty much what it comes down to. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

JB is in the car bizness and has been pretty much all his life, AFAIK. I would be very surprised if any of the family cars were bought at retail. He probably gets good deals on cars at auctions and other places, including late model SUVs. I'm sure he's the go-to when anyone in the family wants/needs to get a vehicle. It also wouldn't surprise me if those vehicles, regardless of which Duggarling drives them, were titled to one of the Duggar business entities, unless there's some advantage to having them titled differently. 

IOW, Jana driving a nice SUV is not news. First, it's small-town Arkansas, where everybody drives from the earliest possible age, including women, and including Duggar daughters. Second, see above: the Duggars are in the car biz.

It's nice of Jana to plug her GMC vehicle on SM, but I doubt she's got a deal with GMC to do so. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12

Jana is no different than most kids who simply follow the family script, her script is more unfortunate than many others though and less typical in this era.

Most kids do what they know when they're growing into adulthood whether it be the college track, learning a trade or working the first entry level job they can get and moving up in their jobs or bouncing from one entry level position to another.

I'm guessing there's many a young adult boomeranger living in their parents' home, saddled with college debt, working a job 'beneath' their education wondering what happened. They did what they were 'supposed' to do and things didn't happen the way they thought they would.

Life happens so fast for everyone and though many think they're living intentional lives often times they find out much later they're not.

It's too bad Jana's family script is backwards and judgmental, but in the scheme of things, she doesn't have it that bad. 

• Love 18

If Anne Bates comments are deleted, then it's true. The show must go on! Is this another teenage marriage?

It's nice of Jana to plug her GMC vehicle on SM, but I doubt she's got a deal with GMC to do so. 

When do you ever see stuff like that on 'professional'/popular SM accounts that isn't somehow a front? Virtually never.

"The GMC Arcadia is great for accidentally running over your little brother. Not that I'm jealous or anything. It's also good driving home after you've raked up chicken crap all day."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Hundred bucks says Kendra's sister wanted one of the Twins, but they weren't interested. Jason doesn't seem like the obvious choice, given the options.

Nurie and Not-Nurie for the boy twins.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

If Anne Bates comments are deleted, then it's true. The show must go on! Is this another teenage marriage?

If this is real, then it's the first marriage where both parties are teens. Josh and Anna were twenty. Jessa married teenage Ben. Austin, Joe, and Si married teen brides. (All of whom were 19.) 

I still don't entirely believe it. Who is Anne Bates and how does she know the family? That photo was so small it could be anybody in it. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

I still don't entirely believe it. Who is Anne Bates and how does she know the family? That photo was so small it could be anybody in it. 

Anne Bates was their translator when they went on the mission trip to Greece. It's her and Jason in the picture. Jason's "future bride" could be any of the girls who went on the trip. We are speculating that it's probably Lauren Caldwell. 

Screenshot_20190426-172413_Chrome-1080x1848.thumb.jpg.33218e69b325eb9740aeb98eac757408.jpg

Screenshot_20190426-172542_Chrome-1080x663.thumb.jpg.46bf2d30d7216224eff0a71dbd07920c.jpg

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Anne Bates was their translator when they went on the mission trip to Greece. It's her and Jason in the picture. Jason's "future bride" could be any of the girls who went on the trip. We are speculating that it's probably Lauren Caldwell. 

Screenshot_20190426-172413_Chrome-1080x1848.thumb.jpg.33218e69b325eb9740aeb98eac757408.jpg

Screenshot_20190426-172542_Chrome-1080x663.thumb.jpg.46bf2d30d7216224eff0a71dbd07920c.jpg

Is Jason’s future bride the translator? Guess he like the older women hey 😉

I love how Anne Bates calls him an American  reality tv film star! Like she just met George Clooney, Anne he ain’t that special. 

Also he looks like JD here, not sure if that’s a good thing or not. 

Edited by Puffin
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Churchie, one small correction in your Boomeranger post... Don't forget that Smuggar worked for the FRC before being forced to leave with his tail between his legs.

True -- I was going to go into my story about why that didn't count too much! -- but the thing was already approaching Proustian length!   

Here's why I don't count it for much-- We know he only got that job because they approached him because he was a Duggar. He didn't come after them. They came after him......

But, as the firstborn son, I grant that he got a little more support from his parents for being somebody than any of the others has. But that happened, in my opinion, only because they have that very special feeling about the firstborn -- and because they firstborn was, in reality, living out Jim Bob's dream of going to Washington as a power player .... at least as much as he was living out any dream  of his own.

Joshley wanted to go to law school, remember. And it seems as if he got no support for that notion, which was his notion! ....

And then, of course, leaving for DC to be a power player and as a married father of children, he cried in the damn driveway because he was leaving Mama and Daddy. So .... a scared little puppy ... And I put that down to his upbringing just as I put Jilly Muffin's inability to navigate Danger America or Jessa's uncomfortableness with people they show hooked Bin up with to their upbringing...... 

So my view is -- Yeah, he was a kind of exception. But there were reasons for that in the way firstborn sons are treated and in the fact that the job he was offered fulfilled Jim Bob's personal dream for himself ....

And there are lots of other signs that tell me Josh is just as much of a wuss with no sense of his own autonomy as the rest of them ...........One of those signs being the new pregnancy. Josh KNOWS that they shouldn't be having more kids. And if he hadn't been turned into a little scaredy cat who's terrified of Daddy and God, he'd either tell that to Anna or at least secretly get himself snipped to save himself and his family from the bad fate he knows is coming down the line..... !

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And then, of course, leaving for DC to be a power player and as a married father of children, he cried in the damn driveway because he was leaving Mama and Daddy.

And he was going to a job where he would be surrounded by people who believed exactly the same things he was raised to believe; who hated all the same people he was taught to hate; who would reinforce his sense of superiority (he's a white, male "Christian", therefore he's better than just about everybody in the world) and who would coddle and protect him (at least until his dirty little secret was revealed and brought scandal down upon them). Taking the FRC job didn't represent any kind of challenge or growth for Josh. He just traded one cozy little bubble for another.

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

And he was going to a job where he would be surrounded by people who believed exactly the same things he was raised to believe; who hated all the same people he was taught to hate; who would reinforce his sense of superiority (he's a white, male "Christian", therefore he's better than just about everybody in the world) and who would coddle and protect him (at least until his dirty little secret was revealed and brought scandal down upon them). Taking the FRC job didn't represent any kind of challenge or growth for Josh. He just traded one cozy little bubble for another.

And he was still scared in the driveway!

Great point.

And you could hardly find a cozier bubble. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

The Duggarlings too are going to have to grapple with economic realities eventually. At some point the show will end, and JB and M either will be unable or unwilling or both to support the then-dozens of Duggarlings and Duggarlings Two who've been living in the sheltered compound in fear of the world and unaware of their own potential autonomy all this time. 

JB and Michelle will be too old and physically frail to support them at some point.  JB isn't going to be able to do whatever it is that he does to bring in money forever- Or he’s going to be unwilling to continue to do it forever.  At some point the 200 grandchdren won't be so welcome in the Duggar main house because JB and Michelle will be cranky and unable to cope with the noise and drama.  You know that Grandma Mary just had to get away from her 20 grandchildren occasionally.  Multiply that by 10. I don’t know who is going to be teaching or babysitting the lost girls offspring- but it won’t be Michelle. I also don’t think it will be any of their aunts and uncles who will have also had it up to here with children by then. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And he was still scared in the driveway!

Great point.

And you could hardly find a cozier bubble. 

I sometimes wonder just how much fear he lived in Of being found out. I remember a reporter tracked down  The Molestation file years before it was released to the public,  and asked then adult Josh about it. I think some small part of him, and his parents, I knew that it would get out eventually and the taking this job greatly increased the odds of it coming out.  Ironically, it had nothing to do with the job but instead Michelle’s bigotry.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I sometimes wonder just how much fear he lived in Of being found out. I remember a reporter tracked down  The Molestation file years before it was released to the public,  and asked then adult Josh about it. I think some small part of him, and his parents, I knew that it would get out eventually and the taking this job greatly increased the odds of it coming out.  Ironically, it had nothing to do with the job but instead Michelle’s bigotry.

Yeah, I wonder this, too.  Seems likely it was in the back of his mind. That'd probably make you a little crazy. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I wonder this, too.  Seems likely it was in the back of his mind. That'd probably make you a little crazy. 

I think the unwritten rule of their cult is “get famous enough for positive attention, but remain anonymous enough to dodge negative attention”. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I think the unwritten rule of their cult is “get famous enough for positive attention, but remain anonymous enough to dodge negative attention”. 

So, Smuggar's ego got the best of him? I've always thought that pre-Joshgate he supposed himself impervious to any criticism. I think his sudden downfall came out of left field in his mind.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4