Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

Anybody else think Jana has 'Man Hands'.  Maybe it's the clunky watch, but her hand hanging down on that dark skirt makes it look huge!

3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

No I don't think so. I think she's a stupid bigoted fundy who belongs to a rich and famous family of hillbilly compulsive breeders, and she makes bad fashion, hairstyle, and makeup choices. But her hands look fine. Their size is nothing she has control over.

Thanks, Jeeves. Yeah, I'm not really in to making fun of body features that one cannot control. Believe me, if there were a way to shrink these hands of mine, which I inherited from my 6'3" father, I'd be a happy woman. But all I can do is keep a nice, feminine-looking manicure going . . . and, you know, try to love myself in spite of my less-than-perfect body and pop culture jokes about "man hands."

Is Citrus and Lemon monitoring their partners' social media posts at all? I cannot imagine they would be okay with Jana posting an image of their product after she's performed her own janky alteration on it.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Portia said:

Thanks, Jeeves. Yeah, I'm not really in to making fun of body features that one cannot control. Believe me, if there were a way to shrink these hands of mine, which I inherited from my 6'3" father, I'd be a happy woman. But all I can do is keep a nice, feminine-looking manicure going . . . and, you know, try to love myself in spite of my less-than-perfect body and pop culture jokes about "man hands."

Is Citrus and Lemon monitoring their partners' social media posts at all? I cannot imagine they would be okay with Jana posting an image of their product after she's performed her own janky alteration on it.

They actually commented on her post.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Lunera said:

What is up with Anna's face? She looks completely different. 

There's some serious Photoshopping going on. For one, Ofsmuggar isn't that much taller than Jana. For two, the entire background looks warped. The Kartrashians taught me that's a sure sign of Photoshopping. 

4 hours ago, Heathen said:

There's some serious Photoshopping going on. For one, Ofsmuggar isn't that much taller than Jana. For two, the entire background looks warped. The Kartrashians taught me that's a sure sign of Photoshopping. 

Looks like they're in a revamped school bus of sorts. That might account for the curved background.

• Love 1

She's definitely been making an effort to glamorize herself: the high heels, the make-up, the skirt that actually shows her knees (NIKE!!!). I wonder if she's trying to revamp her dowdy image because, like the other girls, she wants to make some money by launching a career as an internet pitchwoman/"influencer". Or possibly, she's trying to make herself more sexually attractive to Josh. Maybe he hasn't been stepping up to the plate lately and she's been gaslighted into thinking it's her fault for not being attractive enough. She's do whatever it takes to keep that baby train running full steam ahead.

1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

There’s something marvelous about a beehive, though. Especially if you also had cat-eye glasses. 🙂

I am of the age that I had both back in the day. The first Mr lookeyloo loved the look. I also wore black eyeliner. Of course I was much younger and it was the style and I carried it off. 

• Love 5

I'm not quite old enough to have had the beehive hair and cat's eye glasses - I came of age in the 70's, and really didn't much get into fashion until the 80's. I'll admit that I do still kinda miss the big hair and the shoulder pads. Looking back at sitcoms of that era, like the Golden Girls and Designing Women, I still see that phase as one of the most flattering to a lot of women. It did suit me, at any rate, since my hair is naturally curly so did "big" with little coaxing and only a touch of product. My shoulders, on the other hand, are very narrow, so the pads really balanced me. I keep waiting for it to come back around again. 

I can't entirely blame Meechelle for being stuck in the 80's, though the fundie version of that fashion is so poorly done that it does pretty much negate anything positive about it, and updating it would definitely make her look better.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Heathen said:

But isn’t Jana approx 5 feet tall?

Edited by kokapetl
30 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

But it’s Jana approx 5 feet tall?

According to that first, long-ago special, she's 5'4". Jill was the tallest J'slave at 5'7", and why on earth do I remember this nonsense. Smuggar was 6'. 

• LOL 5
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

In addition to the heels comment, Anna said that she's 5'4 1/2". I always thought she was taller than that.

Wow, that's it?! I remember her being taller than the J'Slaves, who all appear to average around 5'4". I always thought Anna looked to be 5'6" or 5'7". She must have on crazy high heels in that picture.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

In addition to the heels comment, Anna said that she's 5'4 1/2". I always thought she was taller than that.

Those are some high heels she’s wearing then!

ETA- Oops GeeGolly beat me to it. 

In that other photo from a different day, Anna looks more than 1/4 inch taller

Edited by OpieTaylor
36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa's about 5'5", and Anna appears to to be about an inch taller in flats. Anna has no clue how tall she really is. 😂

She really doesn't. She's probably 5' 6". Look at her compared to Jill.

140820_gma_duggar2_16x9_992.jpg

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She really doesn't. She's probably 5' 6". Look at her compared to Jill.

140820_gma_duggar2_16x9_992.jpg

Her feet don't look level with those of others around here. And Jim Bob looks taller than Smuggar even though Smuggar was an inch taller at the time of the first special -- makes me think there is a step or riser in the back. 

On 4/15/2019 at 8:58 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm not quite old enough to have had the beehive hair and cat's eye glasses - I came of age in the 70's, and really didn't much get into fashion until the 80's. I'll admit that I do still kinda miss the big hair and the shoulder pads. Looking back at sitcoms of that era, like the Golden Girls and Designing Women, I still see that phase as one of the most flattering to a lot of women. It did suit me, at any rate, since my hair is naturally curly so did "big" with little coaxing and only a touch of product. My shoulders, on the other hand, are very narrow, so the pads really balanced me. I keep waiting for it to come back around again. 

I can't entirely blame Meechelle for being stuck in the 80's, though the fundie version of that fashion is so poorly done that it does pretty much negate anything positive about it, and updating it would definitely make her look better.

I agree! I used to love 80's sitcoms when I was a teen (early 2000's). I wished I had been alive to wear that look! I always got excited when it was decade day at school so I could dress like it was the 80's. 

On 4/10/2019 at 8:25 AM, Churchhoney said:
On 4/10/2019 at 1:50 AM, louannems said:

Jana mentioned in the comments that she cut off the bottom of the dress to make it shorter.  And she didn't bother to hem it.  I thought Jana was a seamstress.  She should hem it.  Otherwise it'll just unravel on the first washing.

Also, the ugly dress is only handwashable!  How would you even begin to handwash a dress?

I know she didn't say she hemmed the dress but did she actually say she didn't hem the dress?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, louannems said:

No.  But I could see that the dress was hacked shorter and left with raw edges. She did admit to cutting it shorter.

I have to say that I've hemmed only two dresses with chiffon-y overskirts in my life, and in both cases I thought I might just set the dresses on fire rather than finish the long and annoying job.

So I would sympathize with hacking those skirts short and then realizing what a long annoying job those hems would be -- especially the overskirt hem -- and just not doing it. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5BFC3765-D109-4565-9BE7-B0C34423A329.jpeg

Hmm. Apparently, they're not waiting with bated breath to see what wonderful things the Lord has in store for him over the next year. Now they're just praying for something. Could it be they've finally noticed that there's very little in store except a bunch of babies that it's increasingly difficult to pay for? 

Naaa. Probably not. Probably just a matter of being too lazy to write a longer note. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Hmm. Apparently, they're not waiting with bated breath to see what wonderful things the Lord has in store for him over the next year. Now they're just praying for something. Could it be they've finally noticed that there's very little in store except a bunch of babies that it's increasingly difficult to pay for? 

Naaa. Probably not. Probably just a matter of being too lazy to write a longer note. 

"Jana and the Boy twins are next in the marriage hopper, son. Try not to bald so much, and FFS take a shower."

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

The "big 19'?  WTF is that?  Never heard that one before.

Now if they lived in Canada, I could see it being a milestone birthday.  19 is the legal drinking age (and now also pot consumption) in most provinces.  But that wouldn't register on the Duggar radar anyhow...

Edited by 3 is enough
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

"Jana and the Boy twins are next in the marriage hopper, son. Try not to bald so much, and FFS take a shower."

Don't want to jinx him, but his hairline looks better than Josiah's, Joseph's, or JD's.  Still nice and straight without the widow's peak from hell...

Anyhow, isn't he exiled to ALERT?

• Love 3

19 he’s been an adult for a year and hasn’t looked around and gone whoa these people are crazy I’m out of here. 

1 hour ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Here's a what if: Say Jana bolts away from the family (of her own free will) what would Ma & Pa Duggar and the rest family react? 

Honestly if one of their kids left I could see these people carrying on as normal,JB & Michelle would say they have 18 kids now (or 19 if they include Tyler) they seem that cold. They might become much more stricter with the kids left at home though, more of them might leave. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Puffin said:

19 he’s been an adult for a year and hasn’t looked around and gone whoa these people are crazy I’m out of here. 

His parents have been uncannily successful at preventing this, haven't they? 

I'm betting a fair number of parents with similar personalities to theirs look at them enviously, unfortunately. 

If they'd never gotten TLC money and fame, I'll bet quite a few Duggarlings would have distanced themselves by now, though. The kids seem to have gotten just the right combination of carrots and sticks to keep them in the fold. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

His parents have been uncannily successful at preventing this, haven't they? 

I'm betting a fair number of parents with similar personalities to theirs look at them enviously, unfortunately. 

If they'd never gotten TLC money and fame, I'll bet quite a few Duggarlings would have distanced themselves by now, though. The kids seem to have gotten just the right combination of carrots and sticks to keep them in the fold. 

I doubt he has (much) money of his own, or personal possessions (in his name), or transferable education/job skills (ha!). It would be a true leaving with the clothes on your back kind of story. Though he could go on social media and fundraise a bit, just to get on his feet. And THEN what? It's such a hard road, but not impossible. I'm surprised all these 19 year olds don't have a trace of youthful adventure in them. Their horrible parents did their evil job quite well indeed.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

It is true that all of the Duggars and their spouses of this generation were at least 19 (or older) when they got married. Same with the Bates of this generation. 

Speaking of which, Duggar data has a great post on Instagram Tumblr that gives the exact of age of all the Duggars and Bates when they got married along with their spouses. Kendra Caldwell was techically the youngest of all and Jeremy Vuolo was the oldest including the Bates.  I posted the above before I saw her data. 

Edited by Temperance
wrong social media