Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On 1/25/2019 at 3:22 PM, JoanArc said:

I love this Bible verse because its talking about setting Jeremiah apart from all other humans. God didn't know you before you were born, Jana. Or me, or anyone but Jeremiah. 

Not to be a jerk, but I don't know that Jeremiah was the ONLY one God knew before he was born. If you believe in God.  The verse is specifically referencing Jeremiah, but it doesn't exclude everyone else in history or the future as far as I know. 

On 1/24/2019 at 7:11 AM, JoanArc said:

They pray in the new year. I've been pictures of them laying, literally, face down in the bus station living room, new years eave. No televised Ball Drop. New years rockin' eve would be major NIKE!

I wish someone would have yelled NIKE for me before I had to see Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg tongue wrestle a few years ago. 

• Love 16

I hope they got permission from the Veteran's home residents or their family to show them on the video. 

I just figured out it looks like a few of the singers are holding out their phones to read the words of the songs.  At first I thought they had their hands out asking for donations in true Duggar style.

• Love 20

I'm glad they are doing something for the community, but I hope the veterans got a choice as to whether they wanted to be there. I don't have a problem with them evangelizing to a willing audience, but I hope they weren't just forced to go. My church choir used to go a couple times a year and sing at nursing homes, and they were always so thankful, but the residents didn't have to come if they didn't want to.  And they'd better not have asked for donations!

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Great post.  I'm married to a disabled veteran, and both of our fathers served during WW2.  It really offends me that these fundies claim to support veterans, but they themselves wouldn't dream of enlisting.  They can all go fuck themselves.

Exactly - with ALL those kids, not one has joined any branch of the military?

• Love 21

While blowing your own horn about it.

She's trying to give the impression that she and her friends meet to sing to the veterans EVERY Sunday, but I'm not buying it. I'll bet they went once, stayed just long enough to take some pictures and split.

• Love 22
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:25 PM, Churchhoney said:

Jana did say yesterday in her birthday message to twin JD that he was her best friend......I expect that, in substance, that's a lot closer to the truth, really. .... I suppose the girls have always been expected to say that about their mother. Gothard doesn't like anybody having friends their own age, and i have the strong feeling that that largely includes siblings, too. If you're close to people your own age, you may end up banding together instead of, as you say, ratting each other out. And then there could be a revolution!  You're supposed to just be friends with your umbrellas, apparently.

Oy, poor Duggarlings. 

I hope I'm right about Jana and JD having enough of a twin bond to have generally abstained from the ratting out stuff and actually being friends. Since both have been sort of treated like red-headed stepchildren, I think or at least hope that may have been the case. 

That's so sweet to hear, and that they were able to maintain this bond after Josh's actions turned all the boys into probable-predators, and all the girls into victims locked away in a cage.  Wonder if Hannie and Jackson will be able to say the same thing one day.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I'm glad they are doing something for the community, but I hope the veterans got a choice as to whether they wanted to be there. I don't have a problem with them evangelizing to a willing audience, but I hope they weren't just forced to go. My church choir used to go a couple times a year and sing at nursing homes, and they were always so thankful, but the residents didn't have to come if they didn't want to.  And they'd better not have asked for donations!

I think as long as the nursing home is reputable, they probably had a choice in the matter. I used to do a library program at a nursing home. They went through a string of activity directors for various reasons, and they were all pretty good about making sure folks wanted to be there. One lady--whom didn't last long--was the exception and seemed to just pull residents from their rooms to pad her attendance numbers. Well, they were pretty vocal right away about not wanting to be there, so it always backfired on her because she'd have to turn right around and take them back to their rooms because they were so disruptive. (Not that I blamed them, even though I was the one being interrupted. I'd have raised hell, too, if I were them and being dragged to something I didn't want to go to). 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

That's so sweet to hear, and that they were able to maintain this bond after Josh's actions turned all the boys into probable-predators, and all the girls into victims locked away in a cage.  Wonder if Hannie and Jackson will be able to say the same thing one day.

That was hardly true when they were teens. If you watch most of 19 kids and counting, there was no apparent special bond between Jana and JD.  She and the other three sisters (particularly Jill) were running the house and JD was pulling pranks and talking about how the girls shouldn't be allowed to do things like drive the van. He seems to have grown up since then. Since the show became Counting On, there has been a new focus on sibling friendship and individual relationships, because that's appealing to the viewers. Jana also claimed that Michelle and Jinger are also her best friends.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, Zella said:

I think as long as the nursing home is reputable, they probably had a choice in the matter. I used to do a library program at a nursing home. They went through a string of activity directors for various reasons, and they were all pretty good about making sure folks wanted to be there. One lady--whom didn't last long--was the exception and seemed to just pull residents from their rooms to pad her attendance numbers. Well, they were pretty vocal right away about not wanting to be there, so it always backfired on her because she'd have to turn right around and take them back to their rooms because they were so disruptive. (Not that I blamed them, even though I was the one being interrupted. I'd have raised hell, too, if I were them and being dragged to something I didn't want to go to). 

HAHAHAHA I am laughing just picturing nursing home patients causing a ruckus about not wanting to be there! 😂😂😂

• Love 3
On 1/28/2019 at 5:36 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Great post.  I'm married to a disabled veteran, and both of our fathers served during WW2.  It really offends me that these fundies claim to support veterans, but they themselves wouldn't dream of enlisting.  They can all go fuck themselves.

Word to all of this. (My dad is a retired Army officer and disabled Vietnam veteran who was exposed to Agent Orange. And my mom is also a vet - she was a member of the WAC when it was still a thing.)

On 1/28/2019 at 5:40 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly - with ALL those kids, not one has joined any branch of the military?

I'm pretty sure that these days you have to have at least a GED (if not more requirements, like HiSET, etc for some branches) to get into all branches of the military.  I think the only Duggar with a GED is Jessa....and the SODRT isn't exactly great prep for a GED or HiSET.

Not that it matters - like others have said above, these fundies claim to love America and veterans but would never enlist even if they could.  They proclaim free-floating, meaningless platitudes like "we support our troops" and threaten to boycott the NFL over players not standing for the anthem.  But even if they met the requirements to join the military, we know they wouldn't ever be brave enough to leave their little Fundie bubbles (and be exposed to non-Fundies), get off their lazy behinds, do hard work, and sacrifice for other Americans.  Also, I assume plenty of them are also cowards who like to pretend they're not. They'll play at Alert and be a constable, but they aren't enlisting in the military and generally aren't joining police forces, where they may actually face very real danger daily.  They're so patronizing in their "love" of the troops and veterans that it's disgusting to anyone who has served or loves someone who has served. They could at least move their protests from the abortion clinics over to in front of lawmakers' offices to protest for better treatment of our veterans and the VA system if they really supported the troops and veterans. 

May some of the teen Duggars will strike up conversations with some of the veterans and get the idea to try to get a GED/HiSET and escape the family/serve their country/learn about the world via joining the military.  One can hope. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 22
26 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think the only Duggar with a GED is Jessa.

Others do too, Most of the older kids do - I think Josiah does too? I know Jess isn't alone. The GED only proves they have a 9th grade education, at best, and has recently been amended to be a more difficult test. I don't think any of them have gotten it since it became harder. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Word to all of this. (My dad is a retired Army officer and disabled Vietnam veteran who was exposed to Agent Orange. And my mom is also a vet - she was a member of the WAC when it was still a thing.)

I'm pretty sure that these days you have to have at least a GED (if not more requirements, like HiSET, etc for some branches) to get into all branches of the military.  I think the only Duggar with a GED is Jessa....and the SODRT isn't exactly great prep for a GED or HiSET.

Not that it matters - like others have said above, these fundies claim to love America and veterans but would never enlist even if they could.  They proclaim free-floating, meaningless platitudes like "we support our troops" and threaten to boycott the NFL over players not standing for the anthem.  But even if they met the requirements to join the military, we know they wouldn't ever be brave enough to leave their little Fundie bubbles (and be exposed to non-Fundies), get off their lazy behinds, do hard work, and sacrifice for other Americans.  Also, I assume plenty of them are also cowards who like to pretend they're not. They'll play at Alert and be a constable, but they aren't enlisting in the military and generally aren't joining police forces, where they may actually face very real danger daily.  They're so patronizing in their "love" of the troops and veterans that it's disgusting to anyone who has served or loves someone who has served. They could at least move their protests from the abortion clinics over to in front of lawmakers' offices to protest for better treatment of our veterans and the VA system if they really supported the troops and veterans. 

May some of the teen Duggars will strike up conversations with some of the veterans and get the idea to try to get a GED/HiSET and escape the family/serve their country/learn about the world via joining the military.  One can hope. 

Could any of them pass the ASVAB with a decent score?  Is this still a thing?  I know I took it my senior year of HS and I know I did pretty well and my school was horrible.  But at least it wasn't the Duggar Academy.  Got that going for me.  HA!

• Love 4

I wonder if Jana worries about who Boob might marry her off to these days. It's pretty clear in fundie world that women pushing 30 and beyond don't get what passes for decent guys. They end up with some pretty horrifying dregs, like Tabby Paine did. If I'm Jana I'd be scared to death of what Daddy Dearest would consider acceptable. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Could any of them pass the ASVAB with a decent score?  Is this still a thing?  I know I took it my senior year of HS and I know I did pretty well and my school was horrible.  But at least it wasn't the Duggar Academy.  Got that going for me.  HA!

The ASVAB is indeed a thing but the minimum is low enough I'd anticipate a few of them would pass for the less cerebral career fields.

My grandfather was in WWII, Dad, USAF retired Vietnam Vet, Mom was in the Guard, husband is Warrant in the Army, I work for the Army, one kid is a cadet commissioning this summer and the other is enlisted and I'm a VFW Auxiliary President...all that being said, I'm fine with them appreciating the military while never considering serving. It's not a life for everyone and it's really not supposed to be. It's better they know up front as opposed to joining and becoming a pain in the ass for some poor unsuspecting PSG or Squad Leader. I say that remembering all the phone calls in the middle of the night for the hubs to go wrangle baby soldiers who really weren't meant to be in the military. Good times. His last platoon is what really fired him up to go Warrant and get away from being Platoon Daddy.

The Veterans Residential Centers in my state are very explicit about not allowing frontal pictures of their residents unless its vetted by their Resident Life Coordinator for public release. I've got to think that was the case with this pics. 

• Love 9

Yikes,  I came here to look at the last few pages since the Duggars are returning for another season of snark and what do I see?   I see Duggar girls in a picture and three are wearing jeans and the fourth seems to have on a short skirt or skort with leggings.  Tell me, please, that my eyes deceive me!!    And, almost as shocking, is Mrs. Babe posing with her Babe---she has reverted to a Little House on the Prairie length dress.  I am sorta surprised she isn't wearing those button up boots from that time period.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

And, almost as shocking, is Mrs. Babe posing with her Babe---she has reverted to a Little House on the Prairie length dress.  I am sorta surprised she isn't wearing those button up boots from that time period.

I think Jinger exclusively wears dresses and skirts when she’s in Arkansas.  Maybe even when she’s filming as well. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I wonder if Jana worries about who Boob might marry her off to these days. It's pretty clear in fundie world that women pushing 30 and beyond don't get what passes for decent guys. They end up with some pretty horrifying dregs, like Tabby Paine did. If I'm Jana I'd be scared to death of what Daddy Dearest would consider acceptable. 

I honestly think at this point, Jana is in the drivers seat and is content.  I don't think Jim Bob can force her into anything she really doesn't want.  She's almost 30, and simply the threat of exposing some less godly activities of the family could shut Jim Bob down cold.  And whatever her actual maturity level, she knows where all the bodies are buried and how to dig them up if necessary.   I don't think she's intimidated by her parents at all.   But I do think she loves them.  

Manipulation is Jim Bob's middle name, but I think Jana's beyond his complete influence. She could do some real damage if she feels forced, and I think we'd have seen her courting before now if she wanted it.  I'll bet she has a lot more freedom than most people presume. 

Does anybody really think that at her age, her "accountability partner" is a 21 year old brother, or a 13 year old sister?  I'm thinking she doesn't have one.  Has that even been referred to for the last few years?

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Jana dear, I don’t want to see your quiet little nook until it has four walls surrounding it and a door you can close. 

The lack of privacy in this family makes me claustrophobic. 

This is how sicko control freaks run their households. No doors, as few walls as possible, everybody on view or ripe to be intruded on at any second. In my opinion it's nuts to pretend that JB and M are any kind of normal parents who love their kids in any way when they do exactly what the sickest, meanest control freaks do to their families. If they do it for some other reason than being mean and half-psycho manipulative control nuts, I'd love to know what the hell the reason is. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Yikes,  I came here to look at the last few pages since the Duggars are returning for another season of snark and what do I see?   I see Duggar girls in a picture and three are wearing jeans and the fourth seems to have on a short skirt or skort with leggings.  Tell me, please, that my eyes deceive me!!    And, almost as shocking, is Mrs. Babe posing with her Babe---she has reverted to a Little House on the Prairie length dress.  I am sorta surprised she isn't wearing those button up boots from that time period.

Which picture is this? Only Jill and Jinger have worn full-blown jeans (without a knee-length top masquerading as a dress).

12 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Which picture is this? Only Jill and Jinger have worn full-blown jeans (without a knee-length top masquerading as a dress).

It is the picture labeled "discovering new place is Atlanta"   I don't know how to link but there are several of them in this thread.  There is one on p 232.  And maybe it is just 3 of the Duggar and a SIL.   I am not sure anymore.    The Babes are in another picture posing on a porch, I think.

8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think it refers to the picture of Laura, Jinger, and friend in jeans while Jana wears what appears to be joggers ( thicker than leggings) under her skirt.

That would be it, but I thought there were three Duggars.   I misidentified the friend as a Duggar.   Clearly I don't spend enough time thinking about the Duggars to identify them all.  I will go to the prayer closet and repent me of not knowing and of rejoicing that at least one dared wear jeans.     Mea culpa.

Edited by Twopper
because I cannot spell
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Click to the second photo and note Jana’s message to herself: “Always be kinder than you feel.”

Pinterest version of "Keep sweet"?

8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Others do too, Most of the older kids do - I think Josiah does too? I know Jess isn't alone. The GED only proves they have a 9th grade education, at best, and has recently been amended to be a more difficult test. I don't think any of them have gotten it since it became harder. 

Josh, Jill, Jinger and John-David were the ones who passed the GED for sure when I double checked through past posts. I suspect they gave up from Josiah on down.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Josh, Jill, Jinger and John-David were the ones who passed the GED for sure when I double checked through past posts. I suspect they gave up from Josiah on down.

Does anyone know the years they passed? I took my GED in Arkansas in 2007 or 2008, can't remember offhand which year. I remember being told I took it at the right time because I was one of the last batches of people to take it when it was free. Shortly thereafter, people had to pay to take it. Now, granted, it is ridiculously cheap as far as tests go (currently $16, according to a website), but I can totally see that being another factor in the Duggar equation (God forbid we spend money on that test!), beyond the fact that the younger kids very likely can't pass it because they received negligent amounts of education/preparation. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Zella said:

Does anyone know the years they passed? I took my GED in Arkansas in 2007 or 2008, can't remember offhand which year. I remember being told I took it at the right time because I was one of the last batches of people to take it when it was free. Shortly thereafter, people had to pay to take it. Now, granted, it is ridiculously cheap as far as tests go (currently $16, according to a website), but I can totally see that being another factor in the Duggar equation (God forbid we spend money on that test!), beyond the fact that the younger kids very likely can't pass it because they received negligent amounts of education/preparation. 

I think that they probably had a couple of kids take the test to prove how great their home schooling was. Now, however, the show is gone, J'chelle has less than zero interest, and it turns out the test costs money? There's no way anyone else is getting anything but a "Duggar Academy" diploma going forward. I think it's a big deal that JB might even be willing to print those out since they'd cost money in paper and toner, and no one is ever going to use their "education" anyway.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, leighdear said:

Those curtains look familiar.  Aren't they hanging in the girls dormitory?  They got put up when it underwent a overhaul and the mural got painted over, if I recall correctly.  

So her "quiet nook" is shoved in the corner of a bedroom also occupied by 4 little girls? 

Yep, sad. But her little frog painting is cute.  For a 9 year old.   

539D2DED-BE15-4021-BFDF-A48463742CB0.jpeg

• Love 3
On 28/01/2019 at 12:02 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Taking a page out of the Maxwell playbook. The Vets look.... comatose. 

1 video, 2 stills

I see they let Jackson perform. He must be singing the castrati part. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

We have also seen in Jana shorts! and a sleeveless top. I don't have time to search for the pics right now but I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers. 

• Love 2