Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SpaghettiTuesdays

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James and Justin

2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Who is hiring Michelle to speak at a homeschooling conference? Do they really think she does a good job at this?

The same people who thought she deserved mother of the year award.

• Like 24

10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The giveaway is that it's not remotely plausible that any of them said anything that funny. 

It looks like the three jean-wearers are laughing at Jana's skirt over pants. And rightly so.

8 hours ago, EVS said:

I think there is some truth to this. For whatever reason, I think someone (JB?) is trying to market Jana as another Jinger. I think they are aware that many people are more interested in Jinger than in Jessa, Jill and Joy.  Jinger is more “modern”.  However, if they want Jana to be more like Jinger, I think she needs to stop wearing skirts over her pants.

Yes, Boob is trying to attach Jana to the Holy Hipster Babes I, II, and III.

• Like 11

11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Who is hiring Michelle to speak at a homeschooling conference? Do they really think she does a good job at this?

They used to speak at tons of homeschooling events, run by various homeschooling groups. I expect they made a fair amount of money that way, because they had a lot of engagements. And not just Gothard stuff by a long shot. 

I think they may even have been invited to some since the Josh mess, although that is what brought most of it to an end. I seem to remember that,  right after their hideous young-girl-molestation response was revealed, there was at least one big homeschooling group -- maybe in Canada? -- that had them scheduled for an upcoming event in the very near-term, and there were flaps and debates about whether that and other future homeschool-conference appearances should be canceled and such. There were people vocally on both sides of that question. I'm pretty sure most if not all the groups that had already scheduled them did cancel. But there were also people yelling that that was unfair. 

Among other things, I'm sure a lot of people believed all the bullshit they slung in that "We're preparing all our kids to go to college" video that was posted here a while ago. It seems to be alarmingly easy for some folks not to notice the Duggar phoniness and lying, no matter what. I guess we often want to take people at their own valuation. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 10

10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They used to speak at tons of homeschooling events, run by various homeschooling groups. I expect they made a fair amount of money that way, because they had a lot of engagements. And not just Gothard stuff by a long shot. 

I think they may even have been invited to some since the Josh mess, although that is what brought most of it to an end. I seem to remember that,  right after their hideous young-girl-molestation response was revealed, there was at least one big homeschooling group -- maybe in Canada? -- that had them scheduled for an upcoming event in the very near-term, and there were flaps and debates about whether that and other future homeschool-conference appearances should be canceled and such. There were people vocally on both sides of that question. I'm pretty sure most if not all the groups that had already scheduled them did cancel. But there were also people yelling that that was unfair. 

Among other things, I'm sure a lot of people believed all the bullshit they slung in that "We're preparing all out kids to go to college" video that was posted here a while ago. It seems to be alarmingly easy for some folks not to notice the Duggar phoniness and lying, no matter what. I guess we often want to take people at their own valuation. 

I guess so because even before the Josh mess none of them had gone to college and it was clear none of them were. I'd love to ask any of those who invited Michelle to the homeschooling what which Duggar kid seems bright and well educated or even semi-educated? Even in the nicest light none of them are. The girls could only name that Prince Charming book as their favorite book. They showed poor James doing flashcards for math he should have learned a few years before. Jill? Was that their guess? Sure she study midwifing but was going after a license that was worthless and studying under a fly by night midwife who was as was really bad at it. Not wondering why wasn't she going to college for it or reputable midwife? The kids are poorly educated and its obvious.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I guess so because even before the Josh mess none of them had gone to college and it was clear none of them were. I'd love to ask any of those who invited Michelle to the homeschooling what which Duggar kid seems bright and well educated or even semi-educated? Even in the nicest light none of them are. The girls could only name that Prince Charming book as their favorite book. They showed poor James doing flashcards for math he should have learned a few years before. Jill? Was that their guess? Sure she study midwifing but was going after a license that was worthless and studying under a fly by night midwife who was as was really bad at it. Not wondering why wasn't she going to college for it or reputable midwife? The kids are poorly educated and its obvious.

The problem is that, at most of the homeschooling conferences attended by Michelle, education of children is not the primary goal.  Even the ones that aren't deeply fundie, often promote homeschooling as a way to prevent your kids from being influenced by people who are not just like you, not as a path to a superior education.  In that, the Duggars have succeeded admirably.  19 kids kept out of the public school system completely is something that a certain category of homeschooler would admire; regardless of whether the Duggars were adequately educated to pursue higher education or simply well educated for life in today's world.  Not the point for many of these people. 

There are a lot of legitimate homeschooling advocacy groups who do emphasize the quality of the education that the children receive and make it a primary goal to see that their kids do better in academic pursuits than the public schoolers; but the Duggars wouldn't be invited to their meetings to speak.  Or, if the particular homeschooling group recognized that fundie homeschool families were particularly enthusiastic and likely to purchase various wares at their meetings; I could see some of the more mainstream groups inviting Michelle to speak to try to draw some of these folks to spend money on travel and admission to their convention.  After all, plenty of people would come to see the reality TV star who homeschooled her kids and not actually know how poorly educated those kids actually are.

• Like 22

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The problem is that, at most of the homeschooling conferences attended by Michelle, education of children is not the primary goal.  Even the ones that aren't deeply fundie, often promote homeschooling as a way to prevent your kids from being influenced by people who are not just like you, not as a path to a superior education.  In that, the Duggars have succeeded admirably.  19 kids kept out of the public school system completely is something that a certain category of homeschooler would admire; regardless of whether the Duggars were adequately educated to pursue higher education or simply well educated for life in today's world.  Not the point for many of these people. 

There are a lot of legitimate homeschooling advocacy groups who do emphasize the quality of the education that the children receive and make it a primary goal to see that their kids do better in academic pursuits than the public schoolers; but the Duggars wouldn't be invited to their meetings to speak.  Or, if the particular homeschooling group recognized that fundie homeschool families were particularly enthusiastic and likely to purchase various wares at their meetings; I could see some of the more mainstream groups inviting Michelle to speak to try to draw some of these folks to spend money on travel and admission to their convention.  After all, plenty of people would come to see the reality TV star who homeschooled her kids and not actually know how poorly educated those kids actually are.

Yeah, I think that homeschooling by fundies ‘benefits’ from the pure isolation; that is to say, you can’t judge your own kids clear headedly unless you have above average intelligence; plus some of those isolated parents have to wait 8-18 years before the students they know are tested with any sort of objective yardstick like college admissions.

• Like 9

I have been using IG for about three years and I still don't know how to use, nor understand, the point of IG Story.  Jana's been on IG for five minutes and she's already got it mastered.

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

From Jana’s IG story. At least Jessa’s dress isn’t mustard yellow, it’s more of a pumpkin orange. 

20D69A39-5B1E-4DBF-A0AE-B2C1E9DA3E1B.thumb.jpeg.63066c970cefd3c2007503138945df4f.jpegB7F724DF-2122-4B14-8499-49B486961BF9.thumb.jpeg.d4464e123f8a432e805489e381c20c25.jpegFD22B320-2CE3-4C2B-9012-302C7B17C048.thumb.jpeg.bbd38d6a2bdc5da6f58816d46182f9a8.jpeg

I really do appreciate Jessa not flashing us during this pregnecy, but sorry, that mustard swing dress must go.

• Like 12

If she ditched the jeggings and the dress was in her size she would look decent. The hair just adds to her whole unkempt look. There are so many cute maternity tops and outfits on the Old Navy website, yet Jessa went for the only mustard piece. 

Screenshot_20190123-130835_Google.thumb.jpg.d1132860a95a810ea8153e0b38731567.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I have been using IG for about three years and I still don't know how to use, nor understand, the point of IG Story.  Jana's been on IG for five minutes and she's already got it mastered.

Someone once said the reason they used IG story rather than just posting it as a separate picture was because they didn't want proof that they wore the same outfit twice. Considering the amount of clothes this person had it was extremely unlikely they even wore the same outfit twice.

It's been rumored/suspected that the oldest four girls were doing social media for the family for a while. I'm not surprised at how slick Jana's personal IG from the get-go. They've learned from the mistakes of others at this point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Someone once said the reason they used IG story rather than just posting it as a separate picture was because they didn't want proof that they wore the same outfit twice. Considering the amount of clothes this person had it was extremely unlikely they even wore the same outfit twice.

It's been rumored/suspected that the oldest four girls were doing social media for the family for a while. I'm not surprised at how slick Jana's personal IG from the get-go. They've learned from the mistakes of others at this point.

Because god forbid anyone have the audacity to wear the same outfit twice!😆

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Like 9

Jing looks like a Catholic high school girl in that outfit.

HA! SUCK IT JEREMY! She looks like an EEEEEVVVILLLLLLL Catholic!

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Jana has definitely been lurking Instagram using the Duggar profile or possibly a fake account. 

I always thought they did stories because they didn't want to read negative comments. With IG stories you can only look at the picture and then its gone in 24 hrs. Alyssa posted her trick or treating pictures on stories because she didn't want people giving her shit for it. Maybe Jana doesn't want people speculating and asking questions about Laura. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa looks like an idiot with those stupid leggings. Wear tights or hose for God's sake.

Sorry for the slight OT but... you're referring to the pic of her in jeggings, right? Or are leggings with a skirt a a big fashion no-no as well? I'm about to start a corporate job in a cold climate, and was planning on wearing skirts over black leggings, like in this pic, I think... Is that not okay??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

If she ditched the jeggings and the dress was in her size she would look decent. The hair just adds to her whole unkempt look. There are so many cute maternity tops and outfits on the Old Navy website, yet Jessa went for the only mustard piece. 

Screenshot_20190123-130835_Google.thumb.jpg.d1132860a95a810ea8153e0b38731567.jpg

Mustard is a mandatory color in fundieland.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GinnyMars said:

Sorry for the slight OT but... you're referring to the pic of her in jeggings, right? Or are leggings with a skirt a a big fashion no-no as well? I'm about to start a corporate job in a cold climate, and was planning on wearing skirts over black leggings, like in this pic, I think... Is that not okay??

I wear leggings under skirts and dresses.  The difference is they are fitted and don't bag and sag. They also coordinate with my dress or skirt color.  I shop a lot and never see clothing in mustard color.  How do the Duggar ladies find them?

• Like 12

Jana is really a gorgeous girl.  

She's also so tiny! I know Jinger is tiny, so when I see Jana looking so small next to Jinger, it really drives home how petite Jana is.  She's gorgeous and petite- she's like a fairy. (I absolutely mean that as a compliment. I love fairies. She has an ethereal beauty, too.)

I hope she's happy.  Maybe the parents decided she can have social media since her twin got married? Perhaps they kind of see the twins as a unit or something, so when JD got all the privileges that come along with being an "adult" (ie: courting/marrying), Jana got to have IG by default when JD married (or perhaps she just lobbied for it that way).  

I hope JB & Michelle have no access to her messages, etc, and that Jana can use social media to escape (if she should so desire).

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

Jing looks like a Catholic high school girl in that outfit.

HA! SUCK IT JEREMY! She looks like an EEEEEVVVILLLLLLL Catholic!

Maybe Babe had a thing for Brittany Spears back in the day.

But at least the jacket is nicely tailored and fits her really well.

3 minutes ago, beagletime said:

I wear leggings under skirts and dresses.  The difference is they are fitted and don't bag and sag. They also coordinate with my dress or skirt color.  I shop a lot and never see clothing in mustard color.  How do the Duggar ladies find them?

Aaaaannd ...lest we forget.......... she buys those Breaking Amish, the Early Days dresses in "tall" so they're even more modest.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that Jeremy's dad next to Jana?

E-The-Horrors-of-Hell-Should-Motivate-us

The Horrors of hell. I can't even.

Chuck, the concept of hell was tossed in last minute in the bible. I imagine hell as slightly more plesant than being married to a Vuolo.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 16

12 hours ago, beagletime said:

Thanks for reassuring me. I really have no idea what is appropriate... I'll make sure to google as well.

Edited by GinnyMars
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Mustard is a mandatory color in fundieland.

Well, it's the only seasoning that's allowed. That is, assuming Jill's cream of slop, lots of salt and nothing else, is par for fundie meals. See, mustard is GOOD because it makes us think of that verse about faith the size of a mustard seed and great things happening and all.

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that Jeremy's dad next to Jana?

E-The-Horrors-of-Hell-Should-Motivate-us

I'm pretty sure it's not. The details are a little bit wrong -- the hair, the eyebrows..... To my eye, anyway. ....But both those guys are kind of Chuck lookalikes, I think! 

I thought maybe they could be other speakers from the G3 conference. They weren't among the speakers that got pictured on the website, though. 

Maybe Chuck has two brothers or cousins in Georgia. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The men with the Duggar girls are the Kendrick brothers. They're responsible for Fireproof, etc.

Aha. People who've spent way too much time with Kirk Cameron. Ewww. Thanks for the info, @Sew Sumi

Just now, GeeGolly said:

Forgive me posters, for I have sinned, I just bought a lovely lightweight sweater tunic - mustard in color.

Virtually anything can be worn well...or badly. 

Jessa seems to be becoming a professional at wearing things badly. 

I'm sure you'll wear the tunic just fine. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, GinnyMars said:

Thanks for reassuring me. I really have no idea whaty is appropriate... I'll make sure to google as well.

One thing you can count on. We northerners like to help newbies adjust to our extremes of climate. I’m sure you’ll have colleagues who will be happy to advise you how to stay warm and look professional. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Forgive me posters, for I have sinned, I just bought a lovely lightweight sweater tunic - mustard in color.

It sounds very modest! 😄

• Like 7

Maybe Jana’s big announcement will be that she’s on Instagram. Cue shocked reactions from the Lost Girls, and congratulations from the adults as she enters this new season of life with her servant’s heart.

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jessa's oft repeated "You never know what will happen next"Just like "Maybe it'll be twins"!  

"Maybe the sun will come up tomorrow! It's just so thrilling to keep seeing all the unforeseen things the Lord has in store for us.....Remember to tune in!" 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I have several items of clothing in that color, I'm an autumn.  I refer to the shade as butterscotch or goldenrod so as to differentiate it from Duggarwear.

Same.  I have a favorite shirt and a down vest in "harvest gold."  Hey, I'm old.  My first washer and dryer were HG.

I'm also an autumn.  Forest green is also one of my colors.  Brown is a good neutral.

• Like 9

The big announcement is probably Jessa's pregnancy (yawn). I could also see them pulling a fast one where they tease a Jana courtship only to have it end up being one of the twins. 

JD and Abbie appear well-suited, but proposing after two months of long distance dating screams "I'm desperate to get laid."

• Like 23

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

The big announcement is probably Jessa's pregnancy (yawn). I could also see them pulling a fast one where they tease a Jana courtship only to have it end up being one of the twins. 

JD and Abbie appear well-suited, but proposing after two months of long distance dating screams "I'm desperate to get laid."

Can you blame him? 28 is older to wait to have partnered sex. For Joy or Ben- there are plenty of mainstream people that wait until 18 or 19 and it’s not a thing or even “waiting”, but 28?!!! I’d be stabbing folks in the eye out of frustration. 

For the record I am not suggesting waiting is wrong if that’s important to someone, I’m saying waiting until 28 actually takes self control and sacrifice, having sex at 18 does not. 

• Like 15

Jessa’s mustard dress + jeggings combo makes her look so much wider and bulkier than she actually is. Very unflattering. So much unnecessary hair on top of it all just adds to the effect. 

• Like 15

I think the pictures of Jana and Jinger with the Times Square ball are hilarious considering that they (supposedly) didn’t have a TV and would never have been allowed to watch such a spectacle of secular music and partying so they probably have no context or idea what it was for.  We see you, Duggars. Don’t go pretending you are normal. 

• Like 23

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I have several items of clothing and a purse that are mustard color. I like the color, which I have never admitted to here.

I do not think Jessa's mustard color dress would be that bad if it was a smaller size. It looks too big for her.

I agree with those who think Jana's Instagram looks very polished. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I have several items of clothing in that color, I'm an autumn.  I refer to the shade as butterscotch or goldenrod so as to differentiate it from Duggarwear.

Raises my hand....another autumn here. My favorite color to wear is brick red or rust.

I think Jessa would look good in it!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

New first look of counting on!!! Heavily implies jana is in a courtship. 😱😱😱

It's Ben and jessa did you see his reaction. 

• Like 1