Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Someone once said the reason they used IG story rather than just posting it as a separate picture was because they didn't want proof that they wore the same outfit twice. Considering the amount of clothes this person had it was extremely unlikely they even wore the same outfit twice.

It's been rumored/suspected that the oldest four girls were doing social media for the family for a while. I'm not surprised at how slick Jana's personal IG from the get-go. They've learned from the mistakes of others at this point.

Because god forbid anyone have the audacity to wear the same outfit twice!😆

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It's been rumored/suspected that the oldest four girls were doing social media for the family for a while. I'm not surprised at how slick Jana's personal IG from the get-go. They've learned from the mistakes of others at this point.

Jana has definitely been lurking Instagram using the Duggar profile or possibly a fake account. 

I always thought they did stories because they didn't want to read negative comments. With IG stories you can only look at the picture and then its gone in 24 hrs. Alyssa posted her trick or treating pictures on stories because she didn't want people giving her shit for it. Maybe Jana doesn't want people speculating and asking questions about Laura. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa looks like an idiot with those stupid leggings. Wear tights or hose for God's sake.

Sorry for the slight OT but... you're referring to the pic of her in jeggings, right? Or are leggings with a skirt a a big fashion no-no as well? I'm about to start a corporate job in a cold climate, and was planning on wearing skirts over black leggings, like in this pic, I think... Is that not okay??

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

If she ditched the jeggings and the dress was in her size she would look decent. The hair just adds to her whole unkempt look. There are so many cute maternity tops and outfits on the Old Navy website, yet Jessa went for the only mustard piece. 

Screenshot_20190123-130835_Google.thumb.jpg.d1132860a95a810ea8153e0b38731567.jpg

Mustard is a mandatory color in fundieland.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GinnyMars said:

Sorry for the slight OT but... you're referring to the pic of her in jeggings, right? Or are leggings with a skirt a a big fashion no-no as well? I'm about to start a corporate job in a cold climate, and was planning on wearing skirts over black leggings, like in this pic, I think... Is that not okay??

I wear leggings under skirts and dresses.  The difference is they are fitted and don't bag and sag. They also coordinate with my dress or skirt color.  I shop a lot and never see clothing in mustard color.  How do the Duggar ladies find them?

• Love 12

Jana is really a gorgeous girl.  

She's also so tiny! I know Jinger is tiny, so when I see Jana looking so small next to Jinger, it really drives home how petite Jana is.  She's gorgeous and petite- she's like a fairy. (I absolutely mean that as a compliment. I love fairies. She has an ethereal beauty, too.)

I hope she's happy.  Maybe the parents decided she can have social media since her twin got married? Perhaps they kind of see the twins as a unit or something, so when JD got all the privileges that come along with being an "adult" (ie: courting/marrying), Jana got to have IG by default when JD married (or perhaps she just lobbied for it that way).  

I hope JB & Michelle have no access to her messages, etc, and that Jana can use social media to escape (if she should so desire).

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

Jing looks like a Catholic high school girl in that outfit.

HA! SUCK IT JEREMY! She looks like an EEEEEVVVILLLLLLL Catholic!

Maybe Babe had a thing for Brittany Spears back in the day.

But at least the jacket is nicely tailored and fits her really well.

3 minutes ago, beagletime said:

I wear leggings under skirts and dresses.  The difference is they are fitted and don't bag and sag. They also coordinate with my dress or skirt color.  I shop a lot and never see clothing in mustard color.  How do the Duggar ladies find them?

Aaaaannd ...lest we forget.......... she buys those Breaking Amish, the Early Days dresses in "tall" so they're even more modest.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that Jeremy's dad next to Jana?

E-The-Horrors-of-Hell-Should-Motivate-us

The Horrors of hell. I can't even.

Chuck, the concept of hell was tossed in last minute in the bible. I imagine hell as slightly more plesant than being married to a Vuolo.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, beagletime said:

Thanks for reassuring me. I really have no idea what is appropriate... I'll make sure to google as well.

Edited by GinnyMars
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Mustard is a mandatory color in fundieland.

Well, it's the only seasoning that's allowed. That is, assuming Jill's cream of slop, lots of salt and nothing else, is par for fundie meals. See, mustard is GOOD because it makes us think of that verse about faith the size of a mustard seed and great things happening and all.

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that Jeremy's dad next to Jana?

E-The-Horrors-of-Hell-Should-Motivate-us

I'm pretty sure it's not. The details are a little bit wrong -- the hair, the eyebrows..... To my eye, anyway. ....But both those guys are kind of Chuck lookalikes, I think! 

I thought maybe they could be other speakers from the G3 conference. They weren't among the speakers that got pictured on the website, though. 

Maybe Chuck has two brothers or cousins in Georgia. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The men with the Duggar girls are the Kendrick brothers. They're responsible for Fireproof, etc.

Aha. People who've spent way too much time with Kirk Cameron. Ewww. Thanks for the info, @Sew Sumi

Just now, GeeGolly said:

Forgive me posters, for I have sinned, I just bought a lovely lightweight sweater tunic - mustard in color.

Virtually anything can be worn well...or badly. 

Jessa seems to be becoming a professional at wearing things badly. 

I'm sure you'll wear the tunic just fine. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GinnyMars said:

Thanks for reassuring me. I really have no idea whaty is appropriate... I'll make sure to google as well.

One thing you can count on. We northerners like to help newbies adjust to our extremes of climate. I’m sure you’ll have colleagues who will be happy to advise you how to stay warm and look professional. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Forgive me posters, for I have sinned, I just bought a lovely lightweight sweater tunic - mustard in color.

It sounds very modest! 😄

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jessa's oft repeated "You never know what will happen next"Just like "Maybe it'll be twins"!  

"Maybe the sun will come up tomorrow! It's just so thrilling to keep seeing all the unforeseen things the Lord has in store for us.....Remember to tune in!" 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I have several items of clothing in that color, I'm an autumn.  I refer to the shade as butterscotch or goldenrod so as to differentiate it from Duggarwear.

Same.  I have a favorite shirt and a down vest in "harvest gold."  Hey, I'm old.  My first washer and dryer were HG.

I'm also an autumn.  Forest green is also one of my colors.  Brown is a good neutral.

• Love 9

The big announcement is probably Jessa's pregnancy (yawn). I could also see them pulling a fast one where they tease a Jana courtship only to have it end up being one of the twins. 

JD and Abbie appear well-suited, but proposing after two months of long distance dating screams "I'm desperate to get laid."

• Love 23
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

The big announcement is probably Jessa's pregnancy (yawn). I could also see them pulling a fast one where they tease a Jana courtship only to have it end up being one of the twins. 

JD and Abbie appear well-suited, but proposing after two months of long distance dating screams "I'm desperate to get laid."

Can you blame him? 28 is older to wait to have partnered sex. For Joy or Ben- there are plenty of mainstream people that wait until 18 or 19 and it’s not a thing or even “waiting”, but 28?!!! I’d be stabbing folks in the eye out of frustration. 

For the record I am not suggesting waiting is wrong if that’s important to someone, I’m saying waiting until 28 actually takes self control and sacrifice, having sex at 18 does not. 

• Love 15

Jessa’s mustard dress + jeggings combo makes her look so much wider and bulkier than she actually is. Very unflattering. So much unnecessary hair on top of it all just adds to the effect. 

• Love 15

I think the pictures of Jana and Jinger with the Times Square ball are hilarious considering that they (supposedly) didn’t have a TV and would never have been allowed to watch such a spectacle of secular music and partying so they probably have no context or idea what it was for.  We see you, Duggars. Don’t go pretending you are normal. 

• Love 23
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I have several items of clothing and a purse that are mustard color. I like the color, which I have never admitted to here.

I do not think Jessa's mustard color dress would be that bad if it was a smaller size. It looks too big for her.

I agree with those who think Jana's Instagram looks very polished. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I have several items of clothing in that color, I'm an autumn.  I refer to the shade as butterscotch or goldenrod so as to differentiate it from Duggarwear.

Raises my hand....another autumn here. My favorite color to wear is brick red or rust.

I think Jessa would look good in it!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I think the pictures of Jana and Jinger with the Times Square ball are hilarious considering that they (supposedly) didn’t have a TV and would never have been allowed to watch such a spectacle of secular music and partying so they probably have no context or idea what it was for.  We see you, Duggars. Don’t go pretending you are normal. 

They pray in the new year. I've been pictures of them laying, literally, face down in the bus station living room, new years eave. No televised Ball Drop. New years rockin' eve would be major NIKE!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

They pray in the new year. I've been pictures of them laying, literally, face down in the bus station living room, new years eave. No televised Ball Drop. New years rockin' eve would be major NIKE!

That pray in freaks me out. It looks like Jonestown waiting to happen. 

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

That pray in freaks me out. It looks like Jonestown waiting to happen. 

Based on my memory, it looked like it already happened. Bodies strewn all around the bus station living room. Creepy.

Edit: Has this been discussed? Yikes

Jana Duggar.’s rumored ex-boyfriend Caleb Williams allegedly impregnated the teenage girl he was accused of sexually assaulting, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

Bombshell court filings obtained by Radar show that the alleged victim’s mother filed an emergency order of protection in July 2018, requesting that the Duggar family friend have no contact with the minor.

But....all children are a blessing, right?

To make matters worse for Williams, Radar reported that his older brother Joshua, 25, was arrested in 2018 for allegedly physically assaultinga minor inside his Arkansas home.

Lawd...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 14

Isn't it funny that the people who scream about purity are the same ones who seem to have cases of sexual abuse all around them?  Ozzy Osborne's family had a reality show and I don't remember hearing about sexual abuse of minors by the Osbornes or Osborne adjacent.  Interesting, isn't it?

• Love 22

My grandmother never watched a single airing of Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve, but she knew what it was and that a lit up ball dropped into time square at midnight. 

And I guarantee that Michelle, the teenage harlot, who was in high school back then, knew about it and probably watched with her cheerleader friends.  Jim Bob might have also, though he was less mainstream than she was. 

So yes, these parents eliminated a lot of popular culture from the raising of their children, but they did not all live in a cave in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by nothing.  There was a lot of control by Michelle and Jim Bob, but no way they were able to get away with a 100% blackout on any and everything non-Gothard with every kid.   I just do not believe that.  

• Love 2

Being as Jana is interested in interior design, can't they just like lights?  I mean, I have no association with Sputnik lights, but I still stare like a mesmerized fool at the ones on the Lincoln Center ceiling:

https://medium.com/@kynaleski/genesis-the-chandeliers-of-the-metropolitan-opera-house-2090ee74690e

I should think anyone would perceive a glass sphere that big, with 60,000 or however many Swarovski crystals they tell us is involved annually, is something out of the ordinary, whether or not it had any emotional resonance for them.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

My grandmother never watched a single airing of Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve, but she knew what it was and that a lit up ball dropped into time square at midnight. 

And I guarantee that Michelle, the teenage harlot, who was in high school back then, knew about it and probably watched with her cheerleader friends.  Jim Bob might have also, though he was less mainstream than she was. 

So yes, these parents eliminated a lot of popular culture from the raising of their children, but they did not all live in a cave in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by nothing.  There was a lot of control by Michelle and Jim Bob, but no way they were able to get away with a 100% blackout on any and everything non-Gothard with every kid.   I just do not believe that.  

Well Dick Clark didn't invent the ball drop. I remember watching Guy Lombardo on New Year's Eve and watching the ball drop. Yes, I am that old.  So Grandma would probably know. I'm surprised at seeing the loving faces of Jana and Jinger when the gazed at the ball. I don't think they would fond memories of the ball.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

1 hour ago, queenanne said:

Being as Jana is interested in interior design, can't they just like lights?  I mean, I have no association with Sputnik lights, but I still stare like a mesmerized fool at the ones on the Lincoln Center ceiling:

https://medium.com/@kynaleski/genesis-the-chandeliers-of-the-metropolitan-opera-house-2090ee74690e

I should think anyone would perceive a glass sphere that big, with 60,000 or however many Swarovski crystals they tell us is involved annually, is something out of the ordinary, whether or not it had any emotional resonance for them.

Of course they can just like it - it’s beautiful!  But that’s not what they said. They specifically called out the cultural significance of the bright, shiny sphere. My comment was in relation to my thought that they are trying very hard (now more successfully through Janas IG) to seem “normal” and as aspirational models of spouses, mothers, and young women but the cult they are representing is actually mysoginistic, oppressive, and damaging. All these pretty pictures, to me, should be looked at as wolves in sheep’s clothing. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Catlyn said:

Well Dick Clark didn't invent the ball drop. I remember watching Guy Lombardo on New Year's Eve and watching the ball drop. Yes, I am that old.  So Grandma would probably know. I'm surprised at seeing the loving faces of Jana and Jinger when the gazed at the ball. I don't think they would fond memories of the ball.

I was just reading about the ball in some magazine the other day. The first one dropped sometime in the first decade of the 20th century, as I recall. 

I could be crazy, but given the points of view in those recent Jana photos and what seemed to me a sort of common look they had, I had the feeling somebody non-Duggar was taking those shots. And that somebody was certainly directing them what to do in a lot of the photos -- as in the Jana and Jingle BFF shot and the one of the four women allegedly having an uproarious time together while the photographer was standing too far away to have actually been another of their friends spontaneously springing away to take that picture. 

So I figure they were told to smile at the ball in wonder -- which you might do in any case, whether you knew much about those ball drops or not, since it's very big, very weird and very shiny. But the "smile in wonder" thing was, to me, just too obviously the expression from all three of them not to have happened because of a direct suggestion by whoever the photographer was. I can imagine the two women maybe smiling in wonder spontaneously, but I think most guys would probably only do that -- especially at the exact same instant a wife was doing it -- at a photographer's suggestion, frankly. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

The Duggars have been to Times Square (not at NYE), I think more than once for a few of them, so it's not unfathomable to think that might know about the ball dropping at midnight on NYE.  Of course we were told that they never watch TV, so this was probably the first time they actually saw it.  What I don't get is the touching of it.  Is that a "thing" to do when you go see it?   Of course they are totally posed, but I doubt there is any nostalgia there, more just "wow, what a pretty big ball!"

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jana's new post. Most likely a pro-life message. Anna retweeted about the new abortion law, too. Screenshot_20190125-114950_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e131e653d0726e864c8260c5076c59fb.jpg

I love this Bible verse because its talking about setting Jeremiah apart from all other humans. God didn't know you before you were born, Jana. Or me, or anyone but Jeremiah. 

• Love 10