Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Looking at a photo and then asking the woman pictured if she’s pregnant is kinda super rude. 

Not so much with a bag hiding you though. The question wasn't asked because of what was seen, it was asked because of what couldn't be seen.

• Love 12

And the question about her hiding behind the bag was asked because, they are Duggars and procreating is what Duggars are famous for doing. See @Churchhoney's post just above. It wasn't 5 Kids and Counting.

If their family's faux reality TV show was about running an architectural salvage company (such as Salvage Dawgs), or a bakery (Cake Boss), or a veterinary practice (Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet), or a pawn shop? You'd expect people to be naturally curious about their next project or one of the activities featured on their show, and not so much about who's pregnant (again). But for the Duggars, that's all they do: court, marry, and have babies. What the heck else would you ask Jessa about? Her latest homemaking tips? Nope. It's, who's courting now, is there an engagement in the wings, and who's got one in the oven.

Of course Jessa does what she needs to, to protect the timing of announcements and not to spoil the plot line for the next season, and I don't think it's a big nasty deal. She could be smoother about it - as has been suggested, ignoring questions completely. I think it's silly to expect her to reveal any significant fact about herself or a family member before it's supposed to be made public. She just needs to up her PR game about those things. 

• Love 21
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

Quick observations: 

1. Mullet is busty. 

2. That is an incredibly fugly skirt she's wearing. 

I thought the exact same things.

Did one of the Lost Girls sew that skirt for her out of fabric scraps? 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

And the question about her hiding behind the bag was asked because, they are Duggars and procreating is what Duggars are famous for doing. See @Churchhoney's post just above. It wasn't 5 Kids and Counting.

If their family's faux reality TV show was about running an architectural salvage company (such as Salvage Dawgs), or a bakery (Cake Boss), or a veterinary practice (Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet), or a pawn shop? You'd expect people to be naturally curious about their next project or one of the activities featured on their show, and not so much about who's pregnant (again). But for the Duggars, that's all they do: court, marry, and have babies. What the heck else would you ask Jessa about? Her latest homemaking tips? Nope. It's, who's courting now, is there an engagement in the wings, and who's got one in the oven.

Of course Jessa does what she needs to, to protect the timing of announcements and not to spoil the plot line for the next season, and I don't think it's a big nasty deal. She could be smoother about it - as has been suggested, ignoring questions completely. I think it's silly to expect her to reveal any significant fact about herself or a family member before it's supposed to be made public. She just needs to up her PR game about those things. 

I don't really care except for the fact that I recall Jessa's denial in the same timeframe as others who recall the denial (whew, that was a long sentence); which means that she denied being pregnant 3 days before she confirmed it.  This makes her eventual announcement, with big splashy pictures, wall o'text, and gushing, disingenuous at best; and thus I don't blame people for calling her truthfulness in question in future, like the boy who cried wolf.  That's the logical side effect. 

I also don't believe that "it's a coincidence!" disingenuous dimple-flashing crap of hers about Jana's Instagram, because that would be one mega-coincidence based upon their past behavior, which is lumped in together in "Growing Up Duggar".  The girls spin the "modesty rules" about clothing as something they came up with because they don't want to be flashing people all over town; and we know that's false, because Mechelle made them black out her knees while waterskiing; this "rule" comes from top-down parental pressure. 

We know their parents control everything in the kids' lives, and especially the girls, based upon their parents' own quotes in countless situations. 

QED, it's Boob and Mechelle who have the rule about girls not being on social media. 

No way did Jana set up or get an Insta without at minimum receiving parental permission.  The entirety of "Growing Up Duggar" is an effort to exercise spin to make Gothardism more palatable and the strictures less weird and cultish.  No surprise that Jessa continues doing it on her own.  

• Love 18

Is it just me or is Jana looking thinner too? In the picture of her and Michelle, Jana is looking rail thin, as sure a sign of courting as Instagram might be. All the girls get stupid thin right before marriage for their wedding pictures, I assume. And Jana looks thinner to me in that picture. 

I hope she is courting because in her world, she’s the pitiful old maid and thus I feel guilty snarking on her at all. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I admit I had to repeatedly zoom in on that skirt. That print panel had me completely baffled.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Looks like something Nurie Rodrigues made.  If you kinda squint and look at the photo, Meechelle almost looks like she's wearing jeans and has very skinny legs.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 23
42 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Looks like something Nurie Rodrigues made.  If you kinda squint and look at the photo, Meechelle almost looks like she's wearing jeans and has very skinny legs.

I thought that at first.  I can’t mske sense of that skirt at all. It’s a disaster. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

Why aren't her sisters there? I'd hate to spend the evening with Bitchelle.

Where are they taking this picture..in a bridal salon where Jana was trying on dresses? (just thought I'd add to the rumors) 😁

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jana looks happy, Michelle looks like she’s faking it. Perhaps Jana wanted one on one time with her Mom. 

I'm just amazed that Jana's birthday post is all about J'chelle.

If @Scarlett45 is right, and Jana wanted some one on one time with Mom, this is all just too sad.  She's 30 years old and she has no friends and no significant other to take her out on her birthday. She lives with J'chelle and does all of her work for her, and she's excited to get to spend a day with her one-on-one. In the second picture in particular, Jana looks like she's 12, and a day out with Mom is just the best!

This all makes me think that all of the "breaking free" talk is just wishful thinking. Jana may well be just as hungry for J'chelle's approval as Jill is, but she just hasn't had the SM exposure to let us all know what a sad, desperate person she really is.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Fallacy said:

Is it just me or is Jana looking thinner too? In the picture of her and Michelle, Jana is looking rail thin, as sure a sign of courting as Instagram might be. All the girls get stupid thin right before marriage for their wedding pictures, I assume. And Jana looks thinner to me in that picture. 

I hope she is courting because in her world, she’s the pitiful old maid and thus I feel guilty snarking on her at all. 

Yep. Thinner and more "spiffed up." Definitely courting. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

This all makes me think that all of the "breaking free" talk is just wishful thinking. Jana may well be just as hungry for J'chelle's approval as Jill is, but she just hasn't had the SM exposure to let us all know what a sad, desperate person she really is.

I think that's true. When a child is disliked and scapegoated by a parent (as Jana has always seemed to be by Michelle), it often makes that child even more desperate to win the parent's love and approval. I also think Jana is one of the biggest Kool-Aid drinkers in the family; as much of a fanatic as any of them, but she's always flown under the radar. If she really is about to court and marry, it won't be to a guy like Jeremy, who would pry her away from her family's tentacles and introduce her to new experiences. Her new husband is going to be Derick 2.0 and we're going to see a new, unlovely side of her.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I think that's true. When a child is disliked and scapegoated by a parent (as Jana has always seemed to be by Michelle), it often makes that child even more desperate to win the parent's love and approval. I also think Jana is one of the biggest Kool-Aid drinkers in the family; as much of a fanatic as any of them, but she's always flown under the radar. If she really is about to court and marry, it won't be to a guy like Jeremy, who would pry her away from her family's tentacles and introduce her to new experiences. Her new husband is going to be Derick 2.0 and we're going to see a new, unlovely side of her.

Oh, well. It's always a cold day in northern-hemisphere July when any Duggar triggers any thoughts except depressing ones....

And on the rare occasions they do, it's always temporary and usually comes from misplaced optimism on our parts. .... Maybe it's just Jana's turn to harsh our mellow. 

Until it happens, though, I'm going to hope she remains in the TTH cooking dinners and keeping her mouth shut. lol

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm afraid you're quite right about what a lot of scapegoats do and that that's probably what's going on here. 

I know that I don't think of that all that often because apparently I really am a weird and unusual case. I was the primary scapegoat in my family, and it just made me mad as hell. Still does make me mad as hell with the offenders long dead.

Hello, fellow scapegoat.  Neither of my parents were really capable of love but, still, acted as if I was the least likable of the bunch.  And I, too, figured out that there was no point trying to win love that just wasn't there.  It did mess me up regarding choosing suitable men until I figured out why I attracted men just like my mom and dad.

I think most of the Duggar offspring are still desperately trying to get parental approval and attention.  You make your kids schedule time to talk to you and you end up raising a pack of needy adults.  If they weren't still hoping for that love from J'Chelle and Boob, they wouldn't keep marrying fundy spouses.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

Hello, fellow scapegoat.  Neither of my parents were really capable of love but, still, acted as if I was the least likable of the bunch.  And I, too, figured out that there was no point trying to win love that just wasn't there.  It did mess me up regarding choosing suitable men until I figured out why I attracted men just like my mom and dad.

I think most of the Duggar offspring are still desperately trying to get parental approval and attention.  You make your kids schedule time to talk to you and you end up raising a pack of needy adults.  If they weren't still hoping for that love from J'Chelle and Boob, they wouldn't keep marrying fundy spouses.

Yep. Seriously crippling to your people picker. Congrats on figuring things out! 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Looking at a photo and then asking the woman pictured if she’s pregnant is kinda super rude. 

Especially when it's repeatedly asked every single time she posts a picture. Even more so when umpteen people insist she looks pregnant in every single picture. Hey Jessa, you look particularly fat today, you must be pregnant. Can't imagine why she doesn't ignore the question. You now if she had, well that would have just been confirmation she was pregnant, regardless if she was ready to announce or not. 

• Love 10

Jana always reminds me of a scene in La Bamba.  Ritchie's family is moving from the migrant camp.  Ritchie's brother, Bob, is sitting on his motorcycle while Bob's sorta-girlfriend, Rosie, stands there looking very upset that he's leaving.  Bob makes eye contact with her and gives a little nod towards the empty seat behind him.  She thinks for all of two seconds then climbs on and they roar off down the road while her father is screaming her name.  Jana, darling, we all want that for you. Somewhere a motorcycle is revving its engine for you.  Climb on, hang on, feel the wind in your hair and don't look back.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Jana, darling, we all want that for you. Somewhere a motorcycle is revving its engine for you.  Climb on, hang on, feel the wind in your hair and don't look back.

Angeltoes, I wish I could believe that. I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I have the strong feeling that if Jana really is about to court and marry, Boob has picked out a husband who will be completely under his thumb. She probably won't even get to move into a Duggar-owned house somewhere on the property. Her new husband will move into the TTH and Jana will continue to be the full-time housekeeper just as she always has been. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Angeltoes, I wish I could believe that. I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I have the strong feeling that if Jana really is about to court and marry, Boob has picked out a husband who will be completely under his thumb. She probably won't even get to move into a Duggar-owned house somewhere on the property. Her new husband will move into the TTH and Jana will continue to be the full-time housekeeper just as she always has been. 

I can only hope the guy gaslights the hell out of JB, and the second they're married, he whisks her away from them so far and fast it makes his new father-in-law's head explode.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Wow, you're even more pessimistic than I am! Please try to hold out hope that they'll at least get a slave cabin on the grounds, like Joe and Kendra. ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
13 hours ago, Lunera said:

Why aren't her sisters there? I'd hate to spend the evening with Bitchelle.

The skirt's ugly, but from the waist up it's the best I've seen J'chelle look in a long time. Jana's clothes fit her and while it's not my taste, it's a much nicer ensemble than most of the Duggar girls wear 99% of the time.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I agree with this, and I too wish that Jana could make a great escape, but I don't see it happening at all.  La Bamba was one of my favorite 80's movies.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Michelle’s hair is fried to death. She would look nice with a decent haircut.

She got a beautiful cut, dye job and blowout back during the 19KAC days.  It made her look years younger, yet at the same time she looked eerily just like Grandma Mary.  Of course Jim Boob didn't approve of the new look so she went back to the poodle poof mullet almost immediately.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

She got a beautiful cut, dye job and blowout back during the 19KAC days.  It made her look years younger, yet at the same time she looked eerily just like Grandma Mary.  Of course Jim Boob didn't approve of the new look so she went back to the poodle poof mullet almost immediately.

I think JB didn’t care (despite his vile beliefs I think he would find Michelle attractive no matter what) but MICHELLE wants hold onto the hairstyle from the happiest time in her life (likely her early marriage days to JB) because it makes her feel young. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think JB didn’t care (despite his vile beliefs I think he would find Michelle attractive no matter what) but MICHELLE wants hold onto the hairstyle from the happiest time in her life (likely her early marriage days to JB) because it makes her feel young. 

J'chelle wouldn't be the first person in the world to do this, LOTS of people continue to sport their best high school look throughout their adult life. The difference is that most of them don't have access to professional stylists -- hair stylists, makeup artists, and clothing stylists -- or the money to take advantage of them. They hate change. They've made a whole career out of hating change.

• Love 13

If Jana is courting (good grief, I hate that word), I hope it's on her timeframe and she's truly happy.  I do think JB will see to it that are no more Jeremy type husbands.  His ego can't handle it.  Ben has to look awesome on paper.  He was still a kid when he married Jessa, and JB used that to his advantage.  He's not going to let another guy that has been in the scary world into his family.  There's a chance he could have another daughter slip away from the Gothard/Duggar grip and run kicking & screaming to a faraway land like Nebraska. 

There are plenty of adult children living with their parents for various reasons.  But how many of them (possibly) need permission to get an Instagram account?  The woman is 30 years old!  If you trust her enough to raise your children, social media shouldn't be an issue.

Does anyone else see writing on Michelle's skirt?  I can't make out the words, but it's on her right leg.  Her whole outfit is ridiculous, but I do like her necklace.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, queenanne said:

I also don't believe that "it's a coincidence!" disingenuous dimple-flashing crap of hers about Jana's Instagram, because that would be one mega-coincidence based upon their past behavior, which is lumped in together in "Growing Up Duggar".

Well, and also, exactly which Duggars got social media accounts before they were courting? If I am remembering correctly, it was no one. Josiah had his when he was courting Marjorie and then kept it after the breakup. So how does "that's been merely a coincidence for some" apply?

40 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Her whole outfit is ridiculous, but I do like her necklace.

She seems to like it too, based on how often she wears it ;)

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

My Mom is my best friend. But I do have a PEER best friend as well (I’m 33).  But I consider my Mom my very best friend in the world because she loves me more than anyone and would lay down her life for me (also because I like her). It’s a different type of thing- but I get having your Mom as your best friend. 

But the difference between you and Jana is that you've had an opportunity to have peers in your life and become friends.  Who is going to be Jana's 'best friend' if not Michelle?  The kids have all been set up to rat each other out, to compete for their parents' attention; it would be tough to be best friends with a sibling in that household.  Michelle is Jana's best friend because there isn't anyone else in her life who could fill that role.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

But the difference between you and Jana is that you've had an opportunity to have peers in your life and become friends.  Who is going to be Jana's 'best friend' if not Michelle?  The kids have all been set up to rat each other out, to compete for their parents' attention; it would be tough to be best friends with a sibling in that household.  Michelle is Jana's best friend because there isn't anyone else in her life who could fill that role.

Well yes, I agree with you. I was just pointing out to @lookeyloo that there are “normal” people who consider their Mom their best friend, and it doesn’t prohibit them from having peer best friends (which my Mom does, she’s 70 and has her own social life and friend group). 

• Love 10

@Scarlett45 this makes my heart so happy! I have a very strained relationship with my mother who had narcissistic personality disorder. When I found out I was having a girl, I was anxious because I have not had a close mother/daughter relationship. It gives me so much encouragement to hear about mothers and daughters who are close.

Topic: I don’t think Jana is courting. I think she’s 29 and they have decided it looks bad to keep her under wraps. Jana’s instagram is a PR move. 

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Jana did say yesterday in her birthday message to twin JD that he was her best friend......I expect that, in substance, that's a lot closer to the truth, really. .... I suppose the girls have always been expected to say that about their mother. Gothard doesn't like anybody having friends their own age, and i have the strong feeling that that largely includes siblings, too. If you're close to people your own age, you may end up banding together instead of, as you say, ratting each other out. And then there could be a revolution!  You're supposed to just be friends with your umbrellas, apparently.

Oy, poor Duggarlings. 

I hope I'm right about Jana and JD having enough of a twin bond to have generally abstained from the ratting out stuff and actually being friends. Since both have been sort of treated like red-headed stepchildren, I think or at least hope that may have been the case. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

So true, @doodlebug. J'chelle is Jana's best friend because she's been told 1 million times that J'chelle is her best friend, and she has NO FRIENDS for comparison. J'chelle is also the MOST AMAZING MOM because she has been told that 1 million times, too.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, graefin said:

Well, and also, exactly which Duggars got social media accounts before they were courting? If I am remembering correctly, it was no one. Josiah had his when he was courting Marjorie and then kept it after the breakup. So how does "that's been merely a coincidence for some" apply?

She seems to like it too, based on how often she wears it ;)

See, I believe Jana is courting, and Josiah's story is the key here. As Graefin said, Josiah opened an IG account when he began courting Marjorie. When they broke up, he may have still had the account but he was inactive. Josiah didn't start using his siduggar account until he starting courting Lauren. 

It seems like with the Duggars (except for Joe), relationship = IG account.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, sixlets said:

If Jana is courting (good grief, I hate that word), I hope it's on her timeframe and she's truly happy.  I do think JB will see to it that are no more Jeremy type husbands.  His ego can't handle it.  Ben has to look awesome on paper.  He was still a kid when he married Jessa, and JB used that to his advantage.  He's not going to let another guy that has been in the scary world into his family.  There's a chance he could have another daughter slip away from the Gothard/Duggar grip and run kicking & screaming to a faraway land like Nebraska. 

There are plenty of adult children living with their parents for various reasons.  But how many of them (possibly) need permission to get an Instagram account?  The woman is 30 years old!  If you trust her enough to raise your children, social media shouldn't be an issue.

Does anyone else see writing on Michelle's skirt?  I can't make out the words, but it's on her right leg.  Her whole outfit is ridiculous, but I do like her necklace.

To me it looks like  "with God, all things....".  I would guess that the whole thing is "with God, all things are possible".  It looks like someone was trying to turn a pair of jeans into a skirt.  Didn't Jana do that when she joined the local fire dept?    If my memory seves me correctly, they ordrred the uniform pants and then had to turn them into skirts.

T

• Love 2

I thought Laura DeMaise was Jana's best friend.... Michelle is her best friend.....John David is her best friend.....which is it Jana?

That constructed jean skirt that Michelle is wearing, is ugly. That swatch of flowered fabric right dab in the center of it is an eye trap to her hoo ha.  Sorry about that, folks.

I agree that Jana's social media premiere (if it is legit) is due to Jana turning 29 years old. They know they look bad already where Jana is concerned and it's damage control.

Those loving things Jana says about her mother aren't anything I have noticed about Michelle...SHE has a servant's heart? Whom does she serve? I have not seen Michelle serve her children OR her household for that matter. The rest we know. Michelle is an illusion to her children, that's it IMO.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I agree that Jana's social media premiere (if it is legit) is due to Jana turning 29 years old. They know they look bad already where Jana is concerned and it's damage control.

I kind of wonder if they've been told 30 year old possibly-forced spinsters are a turn off to the general public. Either that, or perhaps TLC has grown board and was threatening non-renewal without a Jana marriage. Jed/Jer-Jason/Justin will all have the same TV appeal and chemistry as SiRen, so they're mediocre ratings, and there's no more girls to be married for a long time. Jana's never been a main character and that's a lot of weight to carry. A year and a half or so from now is gonna be a bad time for the Duggars. Jana is married in June, Pregnant and delivered the first baby.  Then what? Really? What's the Draw? No one gives a shit about Jessa's #3 and #4, and Jill is off the show. Jabbie can only hold interest so long too. They better cash those checks while they can.

• Love 13