Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I don't remember Jessa lying in the past, but it's possible she has. I think most of the Duggars and reality tv tends to lie  at least a little.   If it's a lie, it's usually not this direct a lie though. The Duggars tend more towards misdirection and obfuscation. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
On 2019-01-11 at 12:03 AM, Brown eyed girl said:

I love Felicity’s face here. It looks like she’s thinking I just loaded my diaper, whose the lucky one who gets to change it. 

This is the shortest skirt I've ever seen a Duggar daughter wear ever. It's almost Amy length.

• Love 4

I know there was that one recent response where she told a fan who asked, that she and Ben weren’t in the new season promo pics because they had nothing interesting going on... could that be it?  I mean, I think that at least qualifies for misleading.

• Love 1

Someone  apparently got angry at her yesterday on Instagram that she had denied being pregnant in August. She claimed she didn't back then and since she's due in June, she probably she wasn't pregnant back then.  Are you sure that's not what you're talking about? That's not a lie. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

They lie all the time via their "reality" (not) TV show. Those scenarios are staged at minimum if not scripted and all of them have said things they know to be untrue for the sake of the show. Some have, obviously, told worse lies than others. Jessa seems to take it upon herself to uphold the family image for marketing purposes ("my mom and dad changed the majority of the diapers" vs. Jinger and Jana's "[we've changed] hundreds, if not thousands, of diapers over the years"), so naturally that entails being a bigger liar.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 16
44 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Derick: 'We were commissioned as missionaries by our church'

Jessa, Jill:  'It was only over the clothes while we were asleep.  He was being sly.  We've forgave him a long time ago.'

Michelle: 'Leave and cleave'

Josh: 'Satan built a fortress in my heart'

Jimbob and Michelle: 'We reported what Josh did to the police and he was punished for it'

These are just off the top of my head.  

And then there's that whole video we saw recently.  JB and M -- and possibly the kids, although they were certainly either coached or misled into saying what they did -- spewing pure horse hockey about how most of them, apparently, were preparing for and anticipating post-secondary education, at least in the form of College Minus if not something beyond CM (which they at least implied)?    

That was a rehearsed technicolor production in which JB and M told and coordinated tons upon tons of both explicitly stated and implied lies for fun and profit. ....

And, I might add, while knowing that potentially millions of their fellow citizens and co-religionists looked on them as major role models, both morally and in other ways. 

And what do the kids think when they look back on all these lies? Unless they have no functioning brain cells at all they have to realize that their godly parents have stated a goodly number of lies and misdirections over the years .........And yet they persist in spouting crap on the internet about the elevated moral fiber of godly Daddy, the world's biggest Good Samaritan, and godly Mama, the world's greatest role model. ....

One way or another, that has to mean they're excusing all the lying -- on some grounds or other. Which doesn't say much for their own ethics when it comes to lies.............If you realize that godly Mama's a liar who lies big time for cash and/or her own benefit in other ways, nobody's got a gun to your head forcing you to anoint her as the queen of virtue on your Instagram account. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20

I don't consider posting a picture where someone can't tell if she's pregnant the same as telling someone she isn't. Pictures are images we filter through with our own bias, understanding and preconceived (pun intended) ideas of what pregnancy looks like.  She's pregnant in a photo whether we can tell or not. 

I also tried to check what some of you are telling me. I have been independently checking since nobody has a screen shot. (I went to FJ, Reddit, Instagram, In Touch, Lily and Ellie, etc.) In several places it was mentioned that last year in late summer she denied being pregnant and it was brought up on instagram after she announced. I have not found anyone else saying this on the internet, which is weird, because I would think others on other sites would be all over this. I think you guys must be mistaken on the timeline since Jessa apparently said something weird in reply to the person who accused her of lying in August.

Look I could be wrong. I know that reality stars and the Duggars have lied before. If Jessa lies about being pregnant, the same week or whenever before she revealed being four months that's a new low. But no one else on the internet says it happened, and I tend to think other people on other Duggars would be talking about it. Who knows? In Touch will see it here and write an article. 

• Love 4
Just now, Churchhoney said:

Well, Jana's crime was kicking, wasn't it? lol

First daughter -- kicking. Last daughter -- licking. 

Meechelle clearly prefers licking. 

Actually Jessa was the kicker. Her punishment was to receive a jewelry box from Jana. It was Jana's bed she was kicking.

• Love 9

Jana's first 'sin' was committed in utero, as Michelle blamed Jana for kicking her when she was carrying Jana and JD. Poor girl, was never forgiven for that by her 'mother'.

Jessa, yes, did kick Jana's bunk bed incessantly. Jana had to give Jessa her prized jewelry box for it. Poor Jana, yet again.

My opinion is that the Duggar children are natural 'kickers'. They would kick each other in the ass if it meant moving up in the line of parental approval. Perhaps a bigger piece if the inheritance pie one day.

• Love 20
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Actually Jessa was the kicker. Her punishment was to receive a jewelry box from Jana. It was Jana's bed she was kicking.

I was thinking about Jana's alleged kicking of Meechelle in the womb! (where she could tell which of the two babies had done it -- i.e., the rival girl, clearly the worser...) 

But now that you mention it, I guess Jessa's kicking was just serving Jana right for what she did as a fetus!  ha

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

No one here has said anything about the photo or what motivation Jessa may or may not have had in holding the bag in front of her.  What we do find interesting is that, after the picture was posted, someone posted in the comments asking if Jessa was pregnant and Jessa denied it.  Jessa has since deleted all of her comments from the thread, but you can go through and read the and see multiple posters directly addressing Jessa, many of them talking about Jessa not being obligated to answer personal questions, etc.  While Jessa's responses aren't there anymore, it is clear she was participating at some point and, based on what the other posters are saying directly to her, it isn't hard to figure out that she probably denied a pregnancy since there are very few other comments she could have made to generate those responses.

Believe what you want.

I too feel pretty sure I saw a specific denial, but Instagram apparently lets people edit their posts in perpetuity based upon all those InTouch articles telling me about how so and so deleted their responses posthaste; so it’s easy for people to be liars.

However, I also don’t think the responses absent Jessa’s answers indicate much, unfortunately, as people are always speculating that female Duggars are pregnant, with absence of any statements about it from the women in question.

• Love 2

I always thought Lawson was in love with Lawson!  Have you heard him sing???  Boy don't give up your day job!

22 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jana will get married this year probably in the summer.

she is definitely courting .

And you know that how???

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Very nice greeting, Jana. Even with "season of life" in there it comes off sincere and specific to the recipient. 

Now write something to your twin, JD. She could probably use a nice boost. You've had a good year and you even get to have sex now, while Jana had the usual meh you two have been getting for close to three decades. Throw her a bone with a decent birthday message. 

ETA: Of course, maybe you've already done that privately, JD. If so, I applaud you. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21

Jana did write a beautiful birthday tribute to her brother. It read as a loving wife's tribute to her husband if you substitute 'brother' for'husband'. Strange, but that's how I read it. Anyone else feel that way too?

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jana did write a beautiful birthday tribute to her brother. It read as a loving wife's tribute to her husband if you substitute 'brother' for'husband'. Strange, but that's how I read it. Anyone else feel that way too?

I didn’t but I can see how one could spin it that way.  John is by far her closest sibling and the most intimate friendship she’s had in her life so that’s the kind of message you end up with. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, floridamom said:

"God knew what I needed and it was you!"

Slightly creepy, yes.

• Love 15
46 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Too many !!!! for my taste.

I used them a lot myself...when I was thirteen.

Well, I'm pretty sure a 29-year-old super-sheltered Duggar is right around 13 in numerous ways. We've seen that numerous times with this family, and I've seen it in my real life, too. So her exclamation points aren't surprising. Nor does it surprise me that she feels the way she does about JD. How many people does she actually know? Especially guys? They don't have many people to spend their enthusiasm on, really.  

• Love 17
8 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jana will get married this year probably in the summer.

she is definitely courting .

I hope you're right (if Jana wants to get married, that is, and is not being pressured.)  I certainly do think it's significant that she's on Instagram now; I don't care what Jessa says.

• Love 14

I am definitely not a Duggar fan, and I especially don’t share their religious beliefs. But I believe every woman has a right to announce a pregnancy when they are ready, and also have a right to deny it until they are ready. I wouldn’t say Jessa is “lying” if she wasn’t ready to say she is expecting.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Why aren't her sisters there? I'd hate to spend the evening with Bitchelle.

Quick observations: 

1. Mullet is busty. 

2. That is an incredibly fugly skirt she's wearing. 

• Love 21
12 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I am definitely not a Duggar fan, and I especially don’t share their religious beliefs. But I believe every woman has a right to announce a pregnancy when they are ready, and also have a right to deny it until they are ready. I wouldn’t say Jessa is “lying” if she wasn’t ready to say she is expecting.

While I think each woman has a right to wait until she’s ready to announce her pregnancy(except in limited circumstances, like to the people economically supporting her); if you are pregnant, know you’re pregnant, and directly say you are not- that is LYING.

Knowingly stating a falsehood- lying. Does Jessa have a moral responsibility to be truthful to her fans? That’s debatable, but she did lie. 

9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

If she didn't want to answer, she could always have ignored the question and said nothing.

Ding ding.  

12 hours ago, Lunera said:

Why aren't her sisters there? I'd hate to spend the evening with Bitchelle.

Jana looks happy, Michelle looks like she’s faking it. Perhaps Jana wanted one on one time with her Mom. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

If she didn't want to answer, she could always have ignored the question and said nothing.

Exactly! Plus, she has it so easy as a celebrity. Most celebrities don't respond to every single question people ask them online. If she just ignored every comment on the picture, no one would be surprised or care. However, a regular person can't ignore things that easily on social media, although hopefully no one would be so tacky as to ask a regular person that question!

• Love 7