Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On 15/03/2018 at 3:48 AM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

It's so hard to believe Josiah is the same kid who was always dressed up in bright colors and a bow tie. It makes me sad to think why that is. He's like Jinger in reverse. Instead of blossoming, he's wilted.

His sisters were dressing him. At age 16 or whatever!

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

I was thinking about the Duggars today (really need to get a life, I know) and how dreadful it would be if any of their children were intellectually gifted. (Posting this thought in this thread because we can already tell the married ones are not the brightest bulbs.) I cannot imagine how bored you would get in this family and this cult of patriarchy and fear if you had any native intelligence. If you have to live like this, I suppose  it might be better for you if you were too dim and scared to recognize you were being stultified. At least then you might be less miserable. 

• Love 21
23 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

Don't think I have ever described a guy as frumpy, but Joe looks frumpy. Why is he wearing a suit and what is up with his posture?

I would be so claustrophobic in that plane - eek.

And worse you are on the plane with some Duggars.

On 3/20/2018 at 7:54 AM, Giant Misfit said:

If I didn't read this thread and know who these men were, I swear, between the pants and the hairlines, these dudes look like AARP members. 

I was just about to say, they all seem so old. Like the restaurant is full of older people and here they are, smack dab in the middle, no one even 30 years old, yet they blend in perfectly.

• Love 6
On 3/17/2018 at 6:00 PM, Mollie said:

Josiah's birthday is August 28, so that date is probably just a placeholder. With typical Duggar timing, this wedding will take place in late May or early June.

On 3/17/2018 at 5:41 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

Are they really going to wait until the end of August? A Duggar wedding takes 2-3 days to plan, tops.

IMO I think they're waiting till August as to not overshadow the arrival of Jinger and Kendra's "blessings". We can't have them hogging the People Magazine spreads from SiRen. 

• Love 3

All of those receding hairlines!  It’s even more noticeable with Nathan and his non-receding hairline there with them. 

Maybe they should check out Rogane or Hair Club for Men. Jimblob sure as hell isn’t going to help them since he is the reigning “King of Hair” and hairspray and not about to give up his edge.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

All of those receding hairlines!  It’s even more noticeable with Nathan and his non-receding hairline there with them.

It's funny actually because some of the girls have also apparently inherited the same hairline! Jessa has it (it's obvious when she pulls her hair back), and Joy does too, on her left side. It's just easier for them to hide because they can drape their long hair over the thinning/hairless areas.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is it true that hair heredity is mostly on the mother's side?  Or is that just an old-wives tale?

I haven't noticed it on the females, but the unfortunate males definitely look at least middle-aged.  

Very few inherited traits are truly Mendelian. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Old wives' tale.

I've seen women who pull their hair back too tightly get that Duggar-style hairline. Did the girls pull their hair back a lot when they were little? 

That's true; I've seen tight ponytails that have done that.  I don't remember any of their girls on the shows I've seen doing that.  Jin seems to have done it recently, the others seem to wear long straight-ish hair, or the banana curls.  

3 hours ago, graefin said:

It's funny actually because some of the girls have also apparently inherited the same hairline! Jessa has it (it's obvious when she pulls her hair back), and Joy does too, on her left side. It's just easier for them to hide because they can drape their long hair over the thinning/hairless areas.

Jessa really does have it!

• Love 1

Those Duggar guys are unfortunate. I watched one of the recent episodes and noticed the twins are not as cute as I thought, they looked very unkempt and greasy. They all must shave with cheap dollar store razors because they all had tons of razor burn a red bumps in their under chin area. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Hmmm, I wonder if epigenetics affects hairline?

I wouldn’t be suprised if it did. 

45 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Those Duggar guys are unfortunate. I watched one of the recent episodes and noticed the twins are not as cute as I thought, they looked very unkempt and greasy. They all must shave with cheap dollar store razors because they all had tons of razor burn a red bumps in their under chin area. 

Joe’s neck is always an inflamed razor burnt mess. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Hmmm, I wonder if epigenetics affects hairline?

I suppose diet could affect hormone levels, which could effect hairlines.

All the Duggar males need is ample fruits, vegetables, some lean meat, a little calorie control and exercise, flattering haircuts/dress, and to escape the PSYCHOLOGICALLY CRUSHING cult of patriarchy, then they'd look young. Easy! 

• Love 10
On 3/19/2018 at 11:45 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I got an alert that the plane was in action today. Must be nice to fly around on a random Monday to go out to lunch/dinner. 

These people really don't work do they? Random Monday, hopping on a plane for dinner. Meet the "Christian" Kartrashians.

• Love 14
On 3/19/2018 at 11:45 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I got an alert that the plane was in action today. Must be nice to fly around on a random Monday to go out to lunch/dinner. 

Think this through for a minute. This means going out and sitting for hours and hours with Duggars. And the likely equally boring, self-righteous, stupid, dull, smug, idiotic, ignorant, bigoted, have-absolutely-nothing-of-interest-to-say people they call friends. ... 

I'd way rather be working. 

• Love 6
On 3/12/2018 at 9:37 PM, Zella said:

I am from the South, too, but we didn't do the uncle/aunt thing unless you were family. Actually, we don't even do that all that much with family. I always associated it more with the Deep South than the Upper South. It's probably more dependent on family tradition than anything. 

I am from the Deep South (New Orleans) and I call my mother's best friend since they were babies "Aunt".  But, I call my mother's sisters by their first names, never "aunt".  Probably since we are pretty close in age and were raised more like sisters.  Also, even though I am middle aged myself, I still call older people Miss or Mr.

• Love 5

I hope Jana doesn’t read trash magazines, and that those around her don’t make her aware of the constant speculation.  It would embarrass and annoy me. Way to go Boob, look what exploiting your children has done for them. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Yes, because they are the married adults. *eyeroll*

The Duggars have used 10 year olds as chaperones. I don't think the age or marital status of the spy/snitch matters.

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm feeling it as well. They'd have really cute babies.

I think Nate and Jana would make sense. She wants someone that works with his hands and isn't afraid of hardwork. He's a sweetie too. I think they would be a great couple and don't think age is a big factor. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I think Nate and Jana would make sense. She wants someone that works with his hands and isn't afraid of hardwork. He's a sweetie too. I think they would be a great couple and don't think age is a big factor. 

In the real world, it wouldn't necessarily be a huge age difference. (3 years, 7 months with Jana being older).  I don't know Kelly or Gil and the Bates family well enough to know if they be okay with an older lady. 

Then again it would be his second courtship. Like Josiah.

It might be real and it might be really good for both of them.

But this seems to be fantasy speculation. And screw the tabloids! It was bad enough when Jana was linked to any guy who wasn't a brother in the same photo as her and her family. Now she's not even in those pictures, and they're speculating! 

• Love 7

I don’t think that the Bates/Duggar relationship is half as close as they make it out to be. Yes, both sets of parents went on vacay together to celebrate the Bates’ anniversary but I get the vibe that it was more of a “let’s charter Fundy Air for the trip and, since JD can’t be unaccompanied in such a heathen place, we need to go too.  Oh and by the way, Jana’s eggs are aging...let’s talk merger over nada-Ritas.” Type of thing. 

• Love 11

The only guys who would be interested in Jana would be guys who want to use the Duggars as a way to firm up their careers aka famewhoreness aka Derick, Ben, and Jeremy. I still believe Jana has taken a hard long look at her brothers-in-law and how her four married sisters have turned out and decided marriage and parenthood is not for her. I do think if she was one of the sisters who were molested by Smuggar she would have been married off by now.

Edited by bigskygirl
10 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I don’t see Jana and Nathan as a match. If he likes the vivacious Ashley type hard to imagine he would like the simple Jana type. I think she wants a man. Nathan strikes me as a boy. 

I don't believe this rumor at all, but if he got burned by someone lively and interesting, I can see him following that up with (apparently) reserved and boring. I have the feeling that a fundie boy will blame a girl's vivaciousness for a courtship not working out. 

8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I think a lot of people, will realize Saint Jana ain't all that once she starts courting. Not that she doesn't deserve to get out of that house.

Yep. I'm convinced she's one of the worst of the bunch.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I think a lot of people, will realize Saint Jana ain't all that once she starts courting. Not that she doesn't deserve to get out of that house.

In terms of sticking with Gothard principles, yes I agree. She's the one who seems to be the most affiliated with Gothard and IBLP. One of her BFFs in Laura DeMaisie who worked for Gothard in the past. She was a bridesmaid in Michael's wedding (and Priscilla's I think?). The Bateses are heavily ensconced with IBLP and Priscilla married TFDW who basically took over when Gothard stepped down. 

In contrast, with the exception of the Kellers and the Swansons, the Duggar in-law families are fundie or Conservative Christian but not necessarily Gothard-affiliated. The Seewalds were/are Vision Forum. The Dillards and Vuolos didn't seem to be involved with any particular group, they were just conservative Christian. I'm not even sure that the Forsyths or the Caldwells are affiliated with Gothard.  

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure the Forsyths are but not sure about the Caldwells. Also add in the Swansons, who definitely ARE Gothardites. Dwain speaks at the homeschool conferences. 

One small correction with TFDW's job: he's head of ATI (the homeschooling arm), not the umbrella organization, IBLP. Tim Levedusky (sp) is IBLP's president, while Gil Bates sits on its board of directors.  

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, JoanArc said:

It is rather interesting that for all these Fundie guys who've been around her for years, not ONE of them has made a move. I know the general consensus is Jana's super picky and she doesn't want to end up with a loser like Derick or a manchild like Bin, but still. Guys have even gone so far as to publicly deny courting her and doing so in a snarky, "ewww, no way, I'd never!" kind of manner. What do they know that we don't? 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It is rather interesting that for all these Fundie guys who've been around her for years, not ONE of them has made a move. I know the general consensus is Jana's super picky and she doesn't want to end up with a loser like Derick or a manchild like Bin, but still. Guys have even gone so far as to publicly deny courting her and doing so in a snarky, "ewww, no way, I'd never!" kind of manner. What do they know that we don't? 

Well, it was only last year when there was a girl who'd met the Dugs and made a somewhat cryptic yet very clear remark about Jana - the way she said it was that Jana had been anything but nice. Unfortunately she didn't explain what exactly happened.

I'm not sure I'd pay too much attention to those guys though - fundie guys seem very immature and any attachment to a girl carries a kind of "girls, blaaaaaaaaaah" label

To me, Jana just seems too scared and too passive. The family meets an endless stream of fundies and have a quite extensive fundy acquaintance network. If she wants to get married she’s going to have to take some risks and bare a little bit of her soul. Drop some heavy hints. It’s going to be necessary for a fundy or a regular man. I don’t think Jimbob is scheming to keep her around the TTH forever. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Jana is probably the designated one be Michelle and JB's caregivers when they are elderly. Can't let having a man-child husband and a dozen kids get in JB and Michelle's way!

She can be filmed pushing her frail parents around in office chairs like Jim Boob did to his father. 

• Love 4
On 3/26/2018 at 4:20 AM, Sew Sumi said:

One small correction with TFDW's job: he's head of ATI (the homeschooling arm), not the umbrella organization, IBLP. Tim Levedusky (sp) is IBLP's president, while Gil Bates sits on its board of directors.  

Small thing I just noticed . If you switched the first letters in Gil Bates you get Bil Gates (ok there is a l missing ) and I read it wrong and for a moment I was very confused.

• Love 11
On March 26, 2018 at 5:18 AM, Vaysh said:

True, but to be fair Jana seems to be the only Duggar sister with actual real female friends who seem to genuinely know and like her, at least judging by their birthday messages and Instagram posts. 

Does Jana have an Instagram account?