Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

She is only EIGHTEEN. Eighteen. *sigh*

Holy crap. If I didn't know who these two were, I'd put them in their late 20s. It's not like Lauren is unattractive or haggard, but she's definitely a "mature" looking 18. I'd never guess she was the same age as Kendra and Joy. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Mollie said:

In January Lauren said she was "totally shocked" that he asked her for a courtship and that they were still "learning about each other."  Now, only six weeks later, they're engaged.  Lauren says, "It's exciting being engaged.  Definitely I'm so surprised at the idea." 

She sounds like she has no idea what she is doing. 

That's why you go for young and dumb in the Duggar's world. She won't know what hit her later in life either because she will think it's all normal.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Holy crap. If I didn't know who these two were, I'd put them in their late 20s. It's not like Lauren is unattractive or haggard, but she's definitely a "mature" looking 18. I'd never guess she was the same age as Kendra and Joy. 

She's not. She's 18. Kendra is 19. Joy is 20. 

• Love 3
(edited)

"It's going to be neat..." I think we have our thread title!

As for the timing, I suspect that they held the courtship announcement until they were sure that this one was going to "take". Even for a catch as awesome as Josiah, it's gonna be hard to recover from being chewed (and spit out) TWICE.

And there's nothing creepy about them looking like Josh and Jessa 2.0. Right? Nothing.  This bunch needs a deeper gene pool. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 20

It is going to be neat to bring out two families together. It took a lot of work to get our two big families together. *swoon* How romantic! And no mention of love between the both of them.

Title thread: Josiah and Lauren: Meanwhile Back at the Ranch...   Josiah and Lauren: Josh the Second and Lauren   Josh and Lauren: Two Big Families Together

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

In January Lauren said she was "totally shocked" that he asked her for a courtship and that they were still "learning about each other."  Now, only six weeks later, they're engaged.  Lauren says, "It's exciting being engaged.  Definitely I'm so surprised at the idea." 

She sounds like she has no idea what she is doing. 

Kendra looked forward to side hugs after engagement.  Poor Josiah , forever trapped in a place with shirts and pants .

• Love 1
(edited)

This whole courtship/engagement thing seems to have happened pretty fast even for the Duggars. It feels like these two just got together five minutes ago. 

I wonder if they are rushing this along because they want it to be a done deal before something happens to derail it.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12

In the People article he says:  I can definitely say I have found a great friend.  FRIEND???!!!  No mention of love or wanting to spend the rest of his life with her, sigh.

http://people.com/tv/josiah-duggar-engaged-lauren-swanson/

I wonder if they will move to Georgia to be close to her family.  Looks like her dad owns a construction biz and a lawn care one as well.  Maybe Josiah can work for him to support his soon to be family?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

In the People article he says:  I can definitely say I have found a great friend.  FRIEND???!!!  No mention of love or wanting to spend the rest of his life with her, sigh.

http://people.com/tv/josiah-duggar-engaged-lauren-swanson/

I wonder if they will move to Georgia to be close to her family.  Looks like her dad owns a construction biz and a lawn care one as well.  Maybe Josiah can work for him to support his soon to be family?

Yet another fundie lawn care business!  I'm sure Lauren's dad has sons of his own to launch into the family business.  And isn't his wife still procreating?  Si better get his own gigs going pretty quickly; the babies are going to be coming fast!

• Love 7

We have been praying for the Lord to find the right spouse for our children. Does this mean JB thinks he is the Lord now. He seems to have hit a major low with Derelict. Lauren can help a person by saying the right scripture or by praying. Really...Seriously...This is what you say about the person you are about to marry. My head is spinning from all the romance. No talk about how they love each other. Sad state of affairs in Duggar Land.

I'm sure they got engaged at Smuggar's party, as a way to get Smuggar back on tv!!! Even if they don't show him, Jessa will do a talking head about how it was at Smuggar's party, and JB and Michelle will be in it plenty. 

Gross!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EVS said:

Josiah and Lauren: Shock  Horror!

or Shock and Awe

“We are so excited to announce that Josiah and Lauren are officially engaged!” reads the statement. “We have prayed for many years that the Lord would bring the right spouses to each of our children. We have known Lauren and her family for a very long time and have seen how she has grown in her knowledge and understanding of the Lord. She is a wonderful, caring, compassionate young lady, full of zeal for Christ. We are very thankful for her. We pray that their lives together will be full of joy and happiness and that God will use their lives for His service. We are looking forward to another Duggar wedding soon!”

To me this sounds like the Duggars are saying, Josiah has found a girl that has been fully indoctrinated. She will not question or defy what she is told. She will accept Josiah fully even though she doesn't know him or knows if she even loves him. It's the Lort's will they they marry so the TeeVee monies keep filtering in. 

• Love 21
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

or Shock and Awe

“We are so excited to announce that Josiah and Lauren are officially engaged!” reads the statement. “We have prayed for many years that the Lord would bring the right spouses to each of our children. We have known Lauren and her family for a very long time and have seen how she has grown in her knowledge and understanding of the Lord. She is a wonderful, caring, compassionate young lady, full of zeal for Christ. We are very thankful for her. We pray that their lives together will be full of joy and happiness and that God will use their lives for His service. We are looking forward to another Duggar wedding soon!”

To me this sounds like the Duggars are saying, Josiah has found a girl that has been fully indoctrinated. She will not question or defy what she is told. She will accept Josiah fully even though she doesn't know him or knows if she even loves him. It's the Lort's will they they marry so the TeeVee monies keep filtering in. 

Shock and Awe was my first thought, but I went with Shock Horror since Lauren kept saying she was “shocked” at every stage but in reality she shouldn’t have been.  I sure wasn’t!  Once, JB picked her for Josiah, we all knew courtship and marriage would soon follow.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

.  Maybe Josiah can work for him to support his soon to be family?

Oh, that’s funny!  I sincerely doubt it as long as they can put in a TLC and People appearance once in a while and let the checks roll in. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

This whole courtship/engagement thing seems to have happened pretty fast even for the Duggars. It feels like these two just got together five minutes ago. 

I wonder if they are rushing this along because they want it to be a done deal before something happens to derail it.

Or JB wants to make sure there will be another season.  Why bother to make sure your sons can actually support a family, when you can get the sweet, sweet TV money.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I'm sure they got engaged at Smuggar's party, as a way to get Smuggar back on tv!!! Even if they don't show him, Jessa will do a talking head about how it was at Smuggar's party, and JB and Michelle will be in it plenty. 

Gross!

Josiah said that they got engaged in the exact same spot that her parents did, so I'm assuming somewhere in GA, which is where the Swansons are from originally?

• Love 2

I cannot imagine being 18 years old, never spending a second alone with a guy, married to him, and pregnant in less than a year. I just looked up, in Arkansas, with parental permission, a girl can get married at 16-years-old.  Run Hannie, run.  At the rate JB is going, you are going to be married at 16.  

• Love 19
6 hours ago, graefin said:

Sorry to be shallow, but time has really not been kind to Josiah's looks.

I think Josiah is still nice looking but male pattern baldness is doing him NO FAVORS. Some men look very sexy with a shaved head he wouldn’t be one of them. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I cannot imagine being 18 years old, never spending a second alone with a guy, married to him, and pregnant in less than a year. I just looked up, in Arkansas, with parental permission, a girl can get married at 16-years-old.  Run Hannie, run.  At the rate JB is going, you are going to be married at 16.  

No, JB is smart enough to wait until Hannie is 18.  TLC would never go that far even if it is technically legal in Arkansas.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Yet another fundie lawn care business!  I'm sure Lauren's dad has sons of his own to launch into the family business.  And isn't his wife still procreating?  Si better get his own gigs going pretty quickly; the babies are going to be coming fast!

I did a quick search.  Lauren has 4 brothers - all younger than her and 3 of those are 8 or less, so Josiah might have a good 8-10 years working for Dad-in-law.  Then maybe move back to Arkansas and start his own lawn care company.  And yea, Lauren's youngest sister was born in 2015 or 2016, so she and mom might be pregnant together - head*desk*thunk.  I cannot imagine.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lianau said:

TFJD? 

He hasn't been particularly fabulous since they seem to have knocked it out of sight at almost a year of Alert training. Man, when you think about it he got more time than Josh. Priorities people, priorities...

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

He hasn't been particularly fabulous since they seem to have knocked it out of sight at almost a year of Alert training. Man, when you think about it he got more time than Josh. Priorities people, priorities...

This fact makes me so sad.  

• Love 12

Poor Lauren. So a guy you like proposes, which leaves you with 2 choices: Say yes and be a child bride or 2. Say No, have to break up with a guy you like and potentially ruin that guy's prospects in the future. 

My daughter is also 18, and she and her friends are considering Promposals. As it should be,

• Love 11

Josiah is only 21? I feel like his last engagement was 3 or 4 nephews ago. How old was he when he was courting Marjorie? 

Jill had surreal, Jinger had a word I can't remember, Joy doesn't have any words and Lauren has shocked. Jessa, did she have a word? 

I recently saw some scale that has Trump speaking at the 4th grade level. Very curious to see where any of the Duggars would fall on that scale.

• Love 11