Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I’ve seen lots of videos of engagements in restaurants (usually very nice ones or with a special memory for the couple) where even the wait staff might be in on it with the ring hidden in the dessert or on a beautiful tray.

I think an engagement can be romantic anywhere if the husband to be puts enough thought into it. Josh gets a pass from me on this (and ONLY this) since he tried to make it on the lovely waterfront deck. Or, on second thought, was it a TLC produced plan?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

It’s too bad these people don’t believe in signs that aren’t in their favor.  A rained out engagement is Omen 101. 

Unless one wants to get engaged outside in Florida (particularly in the summer).  Very rainy place.

• Love 3

My ex took me to a nice restaurant on our 11th anniversary to say he wanted a divorce! And then got angry when I got very upset and walked out!  So the restaurant proposal was at least something positive. Anna did want it, didn’t she?

• Love 15

Anna looked scared shitless in that restaurant when her parents left the table because she had NEVER been out of the house alone before. A 20 year old girl/woman, imagine that. She was only in 'lust' with Joshey, no one as immature as Anna was at 20 knows what real love is in the least. I believe her parents did know a watered down version of the history of Joshey and that Anna knew nothing, really about it. Knowledge about 'that kind of thing' would have tarnished her pure mind. 

• Love 15
On 2/20/2018 at 7:36 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder how long this "listening" will last?

Wow.  That Josiah is really unfortunate looking.  I would ALMOST expect Hobbit feet on him from this pic.  I am sorry for bagging on your looks 'Siah.  I might be more kind if you had more kindness in your heart for those not like you.

18 hours ago, asuwur said:

Does anyone else think of Adrian from the original "Rocky" movie; an awkward, scared mess when seeing early Anna? 

I agree that things are more relaxed for the male Duggars....I bet they'd be so overjoyed for JD to court, they wouldn't require sidehugs and chaperones at all...

I do now!  

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I would like them to get out of my state.  We don't need that level of crazy.

Josie looks really pretty in this photo, though. And very much like Michelle. I kind of hate to say it, but Michelle really is (well, more specifically WAS, but she still retains a lot of it) prettier than any of her daughters to my eye, in what was a sort of clear and sparkly All-American way. Maybe much of that has to do with the fact that she was actually allowed a life in her youth, and maybe more of it shows up in Josie because she was always the center of attention and given much more one-on-one time than any of her siblings. Also, Michelle's features are more delicate than Boob's, and most of the girls did inherit more of a mixture in their features, whereas Josie's inherent frailty makes her delicacy of features even more apparent. Now that she is starting to grow into her face, I can see that she might grow up to be an extraordinarily pretty girl.

• Love 10
On 2/21/2018 at 11:21 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Well, Johannah is female a just lowly help-meet in training while Josiah is a man future Christian patriarch, so obviously he gets better stuff.

And guys who have the same um, *preferences*, that Josiah seems to have are (stereotyping here, I know) really into their clothes....

Albie, a character on HBO's Big Love, called them proclivities.  I think we are on the same page here?  

Oh yes, the possessor of a penis must be given the best.  Forgive me, but I'm drawing a blank on the name of that precious little girl with the birthday video, who visibly shrank away from Ma Kettle.  Anyway, Ma had to brag that they found her birthday dress in a thrift shop.  Mind you, I'm not very snobbish regarding clothes, but it was very apparent that a girl would not even ask for anything new or brand name.  I think it was Jordyn.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They were less than 15 miles from me! Waaaaay too close. 

They were just over 200 miles from me and even that's waaay too fuckin close!   I don't remember any of us Californians telling them it was ok to be here.....

• Love 4

Little did Anna know that she would be pregnant with Mack in about 7 months from their engagement. (Figuring the usual 3 month engagement, not sure how long theirs was + 4 months it took her to get pregnant, even tho I think they were hoping for a honeymoon baby.)

8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

San Francisco where there are gay and lesbian rights, and the right to a sex change operation. Oh the irony! I wonder if any of the Duggars realize where they were at. Ha!

I believe they knew exactly where they were. Notice that in the shirt picture Si is holding one that says California while the others are holding San Francisco? I think they know the place and the chatter about Si. I'll bet he had three chaperones while they were there.

Upon closer inspection Si's shirt does say San Francisco, but it isn't clear and is not as prominent as the others, so the conspiracy theorist in me stands by my stance that it's deliberate.

Edited by Normades
My eyes are old.
  • Love 3

I bet they just held those sweatshirts up and modeled the hats for the

photos, without really buying them. 

Hmmm....actually, that's a good idea to save money. Airport souvenir stuff is expensive.

(I may have to steal this idea)

Screenshot_20180222-215542.jpg

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ChiCricket said:

Hmmm....actually, that's a good idea to save money. Airport souvenir stuff is expensive.

Buy those shirts in China Town for 1/5 of the price  - just saying

• Love 4

Is that a twin on the right in the bottom picture of the guys? Geez, didn't realize the Josh resemblance before, not that I was looking. Don't know if it's the beard or not but he surely looks much older than 19. (Twins had bday end of Dec.)

38 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

um, is it just me or is Si and mr puma t-shirt really seeming to like their side hugs???

• Love 4

I'm sorry, but what a pathetic engagement video that was. I remember seeing it back then. What the heck was wrong with Anna? She looked like she was having spasms. I have never seen anyone act quite like her in that situation. "It's ok, our parents gave us permission to hold hands"...Josh Duggar.  Sad.

• Love 14

I was at work earlier today and it dawned on me how creepy it will be one day when John David starts dating someone WAY younger than him!

Just think about it for a minute, what are the odds that there are any girls left his age that meet the Duggar "standard"?!??!?!

YUCK

• Love 1
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I'm sorry, but what a pathetic engagement video that was. I remember seeing it back then. What the heck was wrong with Anna? She looked like she was having spasms. I have never seen anyone act quite like her in that situation. "It's ok, our parents gave us permission to hold hands"...Josh Duggar.  Sad.

How true. I know they were young at time, 20 if I recall, but Anna had responses like a slow 10 yr old. Yes he did surprise her but once that passed & she realized what was happening (did she realize?) She should have had her act together.  

I don't think "love" was ever said or mentioned  in the whole segment.  Not even the good ole "I love you & want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"  The only thing he said (paraphrasing) that they were going on to the next step in their lives. He said this after he proposed not as a part of the proposal which would have made better sense.  When he was boasting over the 1/2 carat ring, he said it reminded him of her but didn't elaborate. Maybe he meant her style  (don't think Anna has a style but Fundie Frumpy) like vintage or it was sparkly like her personality  (that would have been better for Kendra.)

I know their courtship was long distance with the families being constantly around  when they were finally together. Which meant they really didn't get to know each other much. They probably didn't even get to go out on a date (with a chaperone) like the other Duggars did. All this shows on the video. Anna looked like a surprised schoolgirl -- that the cute guy in class  was actually asking her, the shy ugly duckling, to the prom.  They could have said "we're engaged" when her parents came back but all Josh was concerned about was that ring "She got a ring" or something similar.  Dad Keller looked like he hit the jackpot, he was marrying off Anna & to a "celebrity" family to boot. (Even tho he said they were a regular family.)

• Love 10

Personally, I think Michelle's having a little "help" in the aging gracefully department. Her cheeks are suspiciously plump and dewy for a woman in her early 50s. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets fillers and Botox done, all in the name of Jesus, of course....

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Personally, I think Michelle's having a little "help" in the aging gracefully department. Her cheeks are suspiciously plump and dewy for a woman in her early 50s. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets fillers and Botox done, all in the name of Jesus, of course....

Her skin does actually look good.  Obviously she stays out of the sun. She has very few crinkles & smile marks.  It would not surprise me at all if a very expensive skin care routine was used by her AND Jim Bob, secretly.  I think the vanity streak runs so deep in both of them, I can see them hiding the good cleansers & moisturizers so the unmarried rabble don't know about it and get into it.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Her skin does actually look good.  Obviously she stays out of the sun. She has very few crinkles & smile marks.  It would not surprise me at all if a very expensive skin care routine was used by her AND Jim Bob, secretly.  I think the vanity streak runs so deep in both of them, I can see them hiding the good cleansers & moisturizers so the unmarried rabble don't know about it and get into it.  

Well you know the countenance is SUPER DOOPER important!  It would be something if La Mer or other expensive face jazz was seen in their bathroom.  

In my fantasy world once the cameras leave they rip off the squirrel hairpiece that resides on Meechelle's noggin, ditch the fundy wear and look like normal people.  Seriously, if they dressed and styled themselves like normal people would ANYONE recognize them?

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 12

Geez, after a less than 2 month courtship and of course, I knew it would happen on a Monday. So, a May wedding, baby announcement in June. Yawn... indeed.

So, Jessa's baby announcement next week. 

josiah-duggar-lauren-swanson.jpg

• Love 12

Swanson revealed in a video message on the Duggar family’s website in January that she was “totally shocked” when the TLC personality asked her to start a courtship. She noted at the time that while they were still “learning about each other,” they were “putting God first and ourselves second.”

That poor girl sounds like she wanted none of this, but that's what God wants so who cares.

Josiah looks like a huge creep and she looks dead in the eyes. I feel bad, I think deep down she wanted one of the twins.

• Love 15

Another rinse and repeat season of life. Meh.

She does look like she got a bigger ring than the others. I don't know how I feel about this since I think Josiah has been forced to find someone for the "brand." Does he actually want to get married or is it  a requirement to stay in Boob's good grace?

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Geez, after a less than 2 month courtship and of course, I knew it would happen on a Monday. So, a May wedding, baby announcement in June. Yawn... indeed.

So, Jessa's baby announcement next week. 

josiah-duggar-lauren-swanson.jpg

He looks so much like Josh. Bless his heart. 

• Love 2