Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

My first reaction is this is creepy

Pity roses...how nice. Nothing says "Thanks for being our modern-day slave" better than a can full of roses.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Jana looks like she's getting ready to go to a stop light and sell flowers. Why not put them in a few vases and spread the beauty?

Because of their "bigger is better" mindset. That's why they value their family more as the number of kids they have pumped out than by the individual personality.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Jana’s face looks a bit different in that picture. I don’t know if it’s age or stress catching up with her, but I didn’t recognize her at first. 

She kind of looks like she’s clenching her teeth and forcing herself to smile, which wouldn’t really be surprising. Of course, it also probably wouldn’t be anything different, so ...

• Love 8

I'd bet every dime I have that Laura came up with the idea and all the boys did was half-heartedly scrawl their names on the card.

The only time I've ever seen a Duggar male do something sweet for their sister was when Jackson won a boatload of tickets at the arcade and used them to buy a prize for Hannie. Other than that? They don't do jack shit. I still get angry at the scene of Jana mopping the floor while the boys lounged around on the couch. 

• Love 21
43 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'd bet every dime I have that Laura came up with the idea and all the boys did was half-heartedly scrawl their names on the card.

The only time I've ever seen a Duggar male do something sweet for their sister was when Jackson won a boatload of tickets at the arcade and used them to buy a prize for Hannie. Other than that? They don't do jack shit. I still get angry at the scene of Jana mopping the floor while the boys lounged around on the couch. 

You're totally right. Laura came up with that idea and I bet the boys were happy to participate but no way they thought that up on their own.  They wouldn't because they don't really UNDERSTAND that Jana is doing anything extra. To them, it's expected and normal.  Laura, or someone, must see how hard Jana works and thought she deserved a thank you. 

• Love 8
On 2/16/2018 at 1:44 PM, Heathen said:

Did you have a medical reason for having that procedure? I'm at a loss why Lauren would have surgery for cosmetic purposes. 

I did it for cosmetic purposes. My dad's a dentist, so smiles are really important to him, hehe. I'm a big wimp when it comes to surgery, but luckily it went easily for me! Plus, I had a suuuuper gummy smile, and now it is normal!

7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, at least it seems to show that somebody kinda sorta understands how much she does for everybody and that they may somewhat appreciate it. ... Look at the thimble-sized bouquets the Duggarlings wives and courtees have tended to get from their fundyMen. So a big bouquet may actually mean something around there. And she does deserve appreciation. 

Really hoping (somewhat doubting) it's this. I'm thinking possibly a storyline for the show, so everyone can see the brothers planning it, and then acting clueless about how to execute it!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Jana’s face looks a bit different in that picture. I don’t know if it’s age or stress catching up with her, but I didn’t recognize her at first. 

I noticed the same thing and thought a first wisdom teeth, but I believe Jill and Jana had their wisdom teeth removed in an episode of 19 Kids. Her cheeks and/or jowls look swollen.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I noticed the same thing and thought a first wisdom teeth, but I believe Jill and Jana had their wisdom teeth removed in an episode of 19 Kids. Her cheeks and/or jowls look swollen.

You never know! I had to get mine out twice, because they thought my upper ones would never come in. I think jana and Jill had all four done, though. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder how long this "listening" will last?

I thought the rule when courting or engaged was no private texts or calls without Boob and J'chelle on it - where are their photos in the convo??? And Si if you are doing this without them knowing - You Rock!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I thought the rule when courting or engaged was no private texts or calls without Boob and J'chelle on it - where are their photos in the convo??? And Si if you are doing this without them knowing - You Rock!

I'm sure Duggarfam has notifications turned on for his account. Who knows how close they're monitoring the actual conversations? Are they sitting three feet away like Jill or allowing more freedom like seems to have been the case for later courtships like Jinger's?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm sure Duggarfam has notifications turned on for his account. Who knows how close they're monitoring the actual conversations? Are they sitting three feet away like Jill or allowing more freedom like seems to have been the case for later courtships like Jinger's?

Perhaps they should let go of following their TTH kids texts and online prescence and just spend their full time following Josh????

• Love 13

Josiah just needs to flip his phone sideways then you'll see Boob and Michelle on either side.

Poor girl, this is the first guy she's allowed interaction with, so she thinks it's love. You don't have to settle for a balding, unemployed 21 year old ya know. 

• Love 19

I have a feeling that the rules are way different for the boys than the girls.  I don't remember seeing JoshUA having phone conversations with JB and Michelle in the room.  In fact, I can remember a few instances where he went outside and had conversations with Anna.  And didn't he drive all the way down to Florida, sans chaperone, to propose to Anna in that horrid cheap chain restaurant.  What a place to propose, Josh.  The least you could've done is waited till the group arrived home and knocked on the door.  But that's me.  

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I have a feeling that the rules are way different for the boys than the girls.  I don't remember seeing JoshUA having phone conversations with JB and Michelle in the room.  In fact, I can remember a few instances where he went outside and had conversations with Anna.  And didn't he drive all the way down to Florida, sans chaperone, to propose to Anna in that horrid cheap chain restaurant.  What a place to propose, Josh.  The least you could've done is waited till the group arrived home and knocked on the door.  But that's me.  

My memory is he was going to do it somewhere outside, but it was raining and the restaurant was plan B.  But you maybe right about the different rules for boys.  Also I remember Josh giving Anna hug after proposing and him thinking it wasn't a big deal that it wasn't a side hug. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I remember that! At the time I thought it was sad because Anna’s parents were supposedly taking her out for a “special birthday dinner” but it was blatantly obvious that they were at a Denny’s. I mean, I get money being an object, but why not just cook her favorite meal at home and use the restaurant money for a small gift? 

I feel bad for Anna in general. She had a taste of the good life — nice restaurants, new clothes, a nice place to live — and then Josh’s penis ruined the whole thing. Now she’s back to thrift stores, a fixer-upper house provided by JB, and date night with Domino’s. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

My memory is he was going to do it somewhere outside, but it was raining and the restaurant was plan B.  But you maybe right about the different rules for boys.  Also I remember Josh giving Anna hug after proposing and him thinking it wasn't a big deal that it wasn't a side hug. 

It was a very awkward side hug. Anna almost recoiled from it. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Mechelle and Boob are to busy to care. They want him married off.....for the "brand."

• Love 4
8 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I remember that! At the time I thought it was sad because Anna’s parents were supposedly taking her out for a “special birthday dinner” but it was blatantly obvious that they were at a Denny’s.

Not a Denny's.  It was a local seafood/fish restaurant called Gator Landing or something like that.  He was going to propose on the deck overlooking the water, but it rained. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Just thinking that they're listening in really gives me the creeps.  Seeing their faces on the screen would make it much worse.  I cant imagine the courting Jeremy put up with this nonsense. Maybe he figured he would just go along knowing he was moving Jinge out of state and away frome these idiots after the wedding. 

I didn't watch video & it may have been mentioned there but I think the restaurant was called Alligator Alley or something similar. Think they were supposed to sit outside but then the rains came moving them inside. My favorite part is the delivery guy walking thru the scene.

Josh made it seem like they were dining at some fancy expensive restaurant. 

Oops, seems @Absolom & I are replying same time. 

• Love 5
On 2/11/2018 at 5:13 PM, DragonFaerie said:

Ok 2 things bug me.  I know, only two, but I'm low on coffee.  1) all that land and no garden area, not even flowers or anything pretty and enjoying - like a gazebo, or pretty pond or anything.  I know it's winter, but you'd still see the garden beds.  That makes me sad.

2) Johannah got a new effing dress for her BIRTHDAY from a freakin' thrift store, but Josiah has a North Face Jacket???  How does that make any sense?????

Well, Johannah is female a just lowly help-meet in training while Josiah is a man future Christian patriarch, so obviously he gets better stuff.

And guys who have the same um, *preferences*, that Josiah seems to have are (stereotyping here, I know) really into their clothes....

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10
On 2/20/2018 at 10:53 AM, jennblevins said:

She kind of looks like she’s clenching her teeth and forcing herself to smile, which wouldn’t really be surprising. Of course, it also probably wouldn’t be anything different, so ...

“You’ve got 3 seconds to take the damn picture before I throw this whole load of creepy pity flowers on the floor. And I won’t be cleaning it up.”

• Love 5

Does anyone else think of Adrian from the original "Rocky" movie; an awkward, scared mess when seeing early Anna? 

I agree that things are more relaxed for the male Duggars....I bet they'd be so overjoyed for JD to court, they wouldn't require sidehugs and chaperones at all...

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Portia said:

Agree, agree.

Also, people are allowed to simply like a particular type or color of flower because that's what they like. My daughter's favorite color has always been yellow, so her husband often gives her yellow roses (even though it would be more "correct" to give her red) because she likes yellow roses

That was my thought too. I grew up watching my father give my mother yellow roses because those are her particular favorite. (Apparently the florist who handled their wedding begged them to choose another color, arguing that yellow roses symbolize infidelity and are the wrong way to start a marriage, but that didn't deter them.)

Now, I don't believe for a second that one person in that whole ginormous family knows what color Jana likes best. Or what sort of flowers. Or whether she likes flowers. But I don't think the gift was per se creepy.

• Love 5