Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

There's a blind item from Crazy Days and Nights that seems to be about Jed. I know it can be fake. 

This not quite old enough to drink who probably wouldn't, even if he could, sometime reality star is about to be connected to the huge scandal going down in his family because he didn't move out soon enough. That will be the end of his dream career for at least the next several years.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

There's a blind item from Crazy Days and Nights that seems to be about Jed. I know it can be fake. 

This not quite old enough to drink who probably wouldn't, even if he could, sometime reality star is about to be connected to the huge scandal going down in his family because he didn't move out soon enough. That will be the end of his dream career for at least the next several years.

That does sound intriguing and close to what we are hearing about with the investigation this week.

• Love 7

I looked at the high-resolution image and zoomed in on the pin It says ‘something’ assembly state agencies committee,  then with the seal of Arkansas in the middle. Maybe a left over from his internship? Or Just a desperate attempt to appear important? You be the judge. 

• Love 4

I'd be interested to know how Jed actually feels. Has he been fed so much self-righteous bullshit, that he's a cocky asshole, or is he walking around shaking in his boots, feeling like an imposter?

Wearing an intern giveaway pin on his lapel leans both ways.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'd be interested to know how Jed actually feels. Has he been fed so much self-righteous bullshit, that he's a cocky asshole, or is he walking around shaking in his boots, feeling like an imposter?

Wearing an intern giveaway pin on his lapel leans both ways.

My guess is that, as you say, he leans both ways....They're so apart from the world and it's portrayed to them as so bad and dangerous, that they can't help but be secretly somewhat intimidated by it -- and that's a major help to JB and M in keeping them isolated and shying away from other influences, of course........But when push comes to shove I expect Jed leans slightly more to the "cocky asshole" side.

Under JB's and M's (and Gothard's) eternal influence this is the primary way they've been shaped and molded. And they know so little about the world beyond their family -- and have constantly been fed an extremely disparaging view of that world,in its entirety -- that they judge an amazing number of people and amazing amount of stuff as being trivial and shoddy and lower than themselves. 

And they do not respect knowledge, education, experience or professionalism at all. Not one of them. So what's to fear from people who flaunt those worthless things since they have not [the correct] Jesus? 

In fact, it seems to me that every one of them who's ever gained a supposed professional position or been in any situation they imagine to be a sophisticated one or ever acted as spokesperson for their family or their beliefs or whatever,,,,has shown more "cocky asshole" than we ever expected. From the raid-the-Bahamas crew all the way to L.A. Jingle. They've all come off as quite impressed with themselves, seems to me. 

And I would guess that Jed became JB's chosen one for this gig because he showed an especially strong tendency to lean in the cocky-asshole direction, really.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20

@Churchhoney I agree, there's that cockiness there in the Duggars. I'm no expert but have looked into IBLP and Gothard's teachings a bit (probably a bit too much for my peace of mind, lol). 

I remember more than once, hearing from someone raised by parents who followed Bill Gothard, that he used to preach strongly that by following all the IBLP rules, they would be all set for success. Their excellence and superiority would be instantly recognized by strangers. People who randomly were seated next to them on airplane flights would be so impressed by their Godliness and fabulousness, that they would offer them good jobs on the spot. Stuff like that. 

So if the young Duggarlings' heads were stuffed with that doctrine as they grew up, it's no surprise that they exude a sense of superiority to the rest of us sad erring sinning dirty heathens. 

Of course, if JB has his way, none of the Duggar sons will ever need to get out into competition in the big bad world to earn money. They will all be supported in various Duggar enterprises. I do think JB's cruising for a bruising by putting Jed out there to run for public office before he's even married. Perhaps an indicator of JB's grandiosity and sense of entitlement. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, awaken said:

One of the boys has his arm around Laura in that photo!  

Is it Jed, the world's oldest 20 year old? Sure looks like him. (Asked before seeing he was tagged in it.)

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 6

Which Duggar is living with Jed! at his new place? We know it’s not his twin but he must have an accountability partner. How else will everyone know how godly he is? And does Jana have to go over there everyday to cook, clean, etc for him? Cos it seems like those boys (former Howlers) never learned how to do anything they considered wimmins work. Or does he really live there all the time?

• Love 4

I'm watching Fixer Upper this morning and wondering if Jana is crushing on Chip Gaines and maybe pushing away potential suitors because she has a fantasy boyfriend.

She clearly watches the show -- a lot. I can very clearly see her imagining herself in that role with a husband who renovates houses -- under her supervision -- while she handles decorations and finishing. Chip Gaines' good-natured infantilism makes him a slightly less bumptuous version of her father and twin.

For someone who has never read any books, or watched any television, or watched any movies, I can see her taking her first opportunity to mentally move into a fantasy world.

Edited by cmr2014
Many, many typos
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I'm watching Fixer Upper this morning and wondering if Jana is crushing on Chip Gaines and maybe pushing away potential suitors because she has a fantasy boyfriend.

She clearly watches the show -- a lot. I can very clearly see her imagining herself in that role with a husband who renovates houses -- under her supervision -- while she handles decorations and finishing. Chip Gaines' good-natured infantilism makes him a slightly less bumptuous version of her father and twin.

For someone who has never read any books, or watched any television, or watched any movies, I can see her taking her first opportunity to mentally move into a fantasy world.

If I were married to Chip Gaines I’d spend my days itching to slap the silly right off of him. I do NOT do “boyish” in grown men. 

My theory about Jana is that she’s smarter than the rest of the crowd put together and sees where this is all likely to be headed. She’s also raised ten kids already and has zero urge to re-up. I admire that she seems to be able to stand up to her parents and her cult and not get pushed into what she doesn’t want to do.

Free Jana!

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

"If elected, I will shut down this public school!"

Actually, it may be the opposite (at least during the campaign). Jed may be putting pictures of himself in a public school setting to try to appeal to those who voted for the incumbent Democrat. "Even though I went to homeschool I can relate to you!"

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Actually, it may be the opposite (at least during the campaign). Jed may be putting pictures of himself in a public school setting to try to appeal to those who voted for the incumbent Democrat. "Even though I went to homeschool I can relate to you!"

Isn't Jed afraid the residual gay satan loving liberal agenda-ness will rub off on him from the building walls?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

But either way, he'll still probably want to push the "balanced" curriculum which puts creationism at at least the same level as the evil "Darwinism", and whitewashes pretty much every facet of history...

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

But either way, he'll still probably want to push the "balanced" curriculum which puts creationism at at least the same level as the evil "Darwinism", and whitewashes pretty much every facet of history...

Emphasis on “white”...

• Love 12
On 11/21/2019 at 10:34 PM, awaken said:

One of the boys has his arm around Laura in that photo!  

But there's a rope to keep the bodily contact at bay.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:35 AM, ginger90 said:

F43CD17F-6E08-4365-8AB7-1A2E3501222A.jpeg

Jana and her friend look about as exciting as two mud puddles.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Why do they always stick Josie in some sleeveless dress with a shirt under it? WHY?? There are so many little girls dresses that already have sleeves! Just buy those. It's the dumbest f'n thing. 

image.png.4c8aaa5c96d293ac1df7d0e310d2eb77.pngimage.png.9f1df8bc422194caf685b274e4bd2b7d.png

Add some leggings and this fits right in line with their "needs". Target has these dresses in a ton of patterns for less than $10. It just doesn't make any sense. 

Edited by Tasya
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

Why do they always stick Josie in some sleeveless dress with a shirt under it? WHY?? There are so many little girls dresses that already have sleeves! Just buy those. It's the dumbest f'n thing. 

image.png.4c8aaa5c96d293ac1df7d0e310d2eb77.pngimage.png.9f1df8bc422194caf685b274e4bd2b7d.png

Add some leggings and this fits right in line with their "needs". Target has these dresses in a ton of patterns for less than $10. It just doesn't make any sense. 

Because if they dressed Josie based on your example, then she will look like any other ordinary active little girl.  And the Duggars cannot have that.  They are "a little different," "modest," "in the world, but not of it", etc.  They must draw attention to themselves to point this out.  How else are us heathens going to know that they are "God's chosen people" if they do not announce it with their clothes?

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Because if they dressed Josie based on your example, then she will look like any other ordinary active little girl.  And the Duggars cannot have that.  They are "a little different," "modest," "in the world, but not of it", etc.  They must draw attention to themselves to point this out.  How else are us heathens going to know that they are "God's chosen people" if they do not announce it with their clothes?

I guess I could go with that reasoning if it wasn't seemingly just Josie. Most of the other girls while layered all to perdition and back, don't do the t-shirts under strapless dress thing. It just looks so stupid. Josie already sticks out because she looks sickly. There's no need to add an extra layer of WTF. 

• Love 9
On 11/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, Tasya said:

I guess I could go with that reasoning if it wasn't seemingly just Josie. Most of the other girls while layered all to perdition and back, don't do the t-shirts under strapless dress thing. It just looks so stupid. Josie already sticks out because she looks sickly. There's no need to add an extra layer of WTF. 

Michaela Bates seems to favor the T-shirt under a sundress look as well. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

That's so.... invasive. Those pictures actually made me feel uncomfortable. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be constantly watched like that. The younger ones probably don't know what an unscrutinized life is like, but surely the older ones must miss privacy. 

Who am I kidding. This was the life they were groomed for. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What is that roof/eave-like structure on top of the Duggar kitchen cabinets in pic #8?

That ski pic, #5, is indicative of the celebrity they must feel like.

Number 8 looks like an actual set.  Which is basically what their house is.

I would love a Truman Show style program to see what really goes on around there all day.

• Love 18