Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I would also not begrudge them helping others. but let's see some pics of them loading the supplies they took. the tools and equipment they took etc .

What we have seen so far they flew 6 people on their own plane, nathan bates went in a helicopter and they started a new twitter sept 1 asking for donations.

they have no FEMA approved status, no pics of them helping anyone, maybe no charitable status.

so this all seems we will see a bunch of bros posing and looking manly (or like douche canoes) while they rake in the money

They seem to just put up staged nonsense self-glorification photos of 'serving others' (but not really doing much) with no real information (credentials? approvals? proof of actual work being done?) so it's that much more offensive to be asking for money.  If they want to fly somewhere to play guitar for kids (or whatever they plan to do) it's fine if they're allowed, but they can fund it themselves.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 15

I would hope World Central Kitchen gets added to their list.  I know they already have food and kitchen setups on the ground in the Bahamas.  

I wonder if it is easier for groups like this (the Duggars) to respond to poorer countries because those governments don't always have the resources to police the lookeyloos.  

Edited by Bewitched
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

What blows my mind is just how quickly the Duggars jumped on this. Like, they had it all ready to go just waiting for God to screw a country over, so they could have a grifitng/soulwinning vacation. Is this the new thing now that SOS is done with them?

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

I would hope World Central Kitchen gets added to their list.  I know they already have food and kitchen setups on the ground in the Bahamas.  

I wonder if it is easier for groups like this (the Duggars) to respond to poorer countries because those governments don't always have the resources to police the lookeyloos.  

yes, i hope so too - many smaller charities go about their business quietly, do their work and do it well

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

What blows my mind is just how quickly the Duggars jumped on this. Like, they had it all ready to go just waiting for God to screw a country over, so they could have a grifitng/soulwinning vacation. Is this the new thing now that SOS is done with them?

TLC?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bewitched said:

The Bahamas are a Commonwealth country so the government is not going to put up with their chicanery.   It will take longer for the Royal Navy to show up, but it is only a matter of time.  This is not a poor country like Haiti where they might get away with it.  The people speak English and are better educated than the Duggars and Bateses.**

**I'm laughing to myself if the Duggars and Bateses are ignorant of this fact.   I bet they are and they can be in for a rude awakening.

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The Bahamas are a Commonwealth country so the government is not going to put up with their chicanery.   It will take longer for the Royal Navy to show up, but it is only a matter of time.  This is not a poor country like Haiti where they might get away with it.  The people speak English and are better educated than the Duggars and Bateses.**

**I'm laughing to myself if the Duggars and Bateses are ignorant of this fact.   I bet they are and they can be in for a rude awakening.

Ooh that's right, the British are coming! Yeah their navy ain't gonna deal with their brand of 'helping'. 

• Love 8

They had to have some kind of clearance to even land, right?  

Austin, John, Nathan and Lawson do have experience in medical missions and previous relief work … although I am not sure at what level.  James and whoever the other Duggers are that were in the picture, have been through ALERT training … so that should come in handy, right?  (Snark)  I know at ALERT, they learned how to make a human chain and get things passed down it quickly like cases of water or cleaning off wood from a blocked road etc. 

Jana can be a welcoming face that residents can get information from …  maybe?  

If anything, Austin, John and Nathan know how to work chainsaws and heavy machinery … maybe that will be of some assistance.  They are not afraid of hard work.  They are also pilots.  

And Lawson can play that guitar and entertain the children.  

It makes me mad that they now have this CORP and are asking for donations.  Didn't they learned anything from the Dullards SOS mess?                                                                                                                 A few of them have some skills that can be needed there right now.   Maybe they will join forces with a big, more organized relief group and can be of service.  

ETA: Just trying to make some sense of it all.  I don't think they would have gone if they didn't know that they could land and be of some help.  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Dressed in sponsored clothing and swipe up to donate. Not to the actual cause but to them so they can go and be in the way there. 

<snip>

The donations may also be used to provide support to the families left behind while the men are away from their regular “jobs”. 😏

I wonder if they set up MedicCorps when it looked like Dorian was going straight towards Florida? They don't have a non-profit exemption, the Twitter was created on 9/1, and who knows how long the IG and website have been up? 

It's just curious that all of a sudden they're operating under a business name when they've shown up at several prior disaster scenes prior to Dorian.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder if they set up MedicCorps when it looked like Dorian was going straight towards Florida? They don't have a non-profit exemption, the Twitter was created on 9/1, and who knows how long the IG and website have been up? 

It's just curious that all of a sudden they're operating under a business name when they've shown up at several prior disaster scenes prior to Dorian.

I don't recall them showing up at previous disaster scenes. 

The entire family showed up after some tornadoes in Alabama, and painted some pots for some inexplicable reason. I believe that they also showed up after the tornado in Joplin, MO and did nothing.

I don't recall them doing anything else, though. I remember commenting after Harvey that they might want to actually DO SOMETHING since they had money and a plane, and didn't work, but they did nothing -- except possibly send "thoughts and prayers."

I don't think that actually doing things for other people really registers on their radar. God sends hurricanes to other places and wreaks havoc on other people because he is a vengeful God who hates non-Gothardites. Going to "help" these people and collecting money for doing so is good because they are good Gothardites and they deserve money and recognition for their service to these bad people that God has smitten.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

They had to have some kind of clearance to even land, right?  

Austin, John, Nathan and Lawson do have experience in medical missions and previous relief work … although I am not sure at what level.  James and whoever the other Duggers are that were in the picture, have been through ALERT training … so that should come in handy, right?  (Snark)  I know at ALERT, they learned how to make a human chain and get things passed down it quickly like cases of water or cleaning off wood from a blocked road etc. 

Jana can be a welcoming face that residents can get information from …  maybe?  

If anything, Austin, John and Nathan know how to work chainsaws and heavy machinery … maybe that will be of some assistance.  They are not afraid of hard work.  They are also pilots.  

And Lawson can play that guitar and entertain the children.  

It makes me mad that they now have this CORP and are asking for donations.  Didn't they learned anything from the Dullards SOS mess?                                                                                                                 A few of them have some skills that can be needed there right now.   Maybe they will join forces with a big, more organized relief group and can be of service.  

ETA: Just trying to make some sense of it all.  I don't think they would have gone if they didn't know that they could land and be of some help.  

I’m not sure their Mitsubishi could have carried much cargo for them to human chain off their plane, it would have been pretty full up with the pilot and the 7 complete burdens. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

They thrive on the glory and attention they get for being good scamatarians. 

It amuses me that it's MedicCorps when the C in Medic already stands for corps. 

Me too. It reminds me of “The La Trattoria”. 

(Obscure movie reference of the day)

• LOL 5

So many names they could have chosen. Alert Corp, Christian Corp, Medics for Jesus, Paw Patrol Air.

They choose a poser name to get them in the door. Maybe instead asking what Jesus would do, they asked Derick.

• LOL 15
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So many names they could have chosen. Alert Corp, Christian Corp, Medics for Jesus, Paw Patrol Air.

They choose a poser name to get them in the door. Maybe instead asking what Jesus would do, they asked Derick.

Duggar DoRight, Save a Sinner, Flying for Jesus Ministry, really there are endless opportunities.  I think the only reason this crew got any sort of media attn is they were the only ones NOT too busy to talk to said media.  Everyone else there was actually busting their hump helping folks.  Out of everyone there THESE are the people they speak to?  Not Red Cross, not actual Medicorp, or anyone with some actual skills provided by an actual school but these yahoos.  

• Love 10

Screenshot_20190906-145214_Instagram.thumb.jpg.6bd9efe8c35bd82f45466729d71666dc.jpg

Screenshot_20190906-155230_Google.thumb.jpg.ec1b46148b1884aff680ac98359d049d.jpg

They've been out doing "rescues" for 2 days and they're already posting testimonies.

I think Jana is there for PR. She's completely useless, probably just sitting around making these graphics and updating their Instagram. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
35 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I think Jana is there for PR. She's completely useless, probably just sitting around making these graphics and updating their Instagram. 

Maybe this is a fundie female version of those travel abroad mail order bride trips, you know, we’re men spend tens of thousands of dollars to visit another country and “mingle” quote with available women in hopes of getting married. 

Either that, or Jana is constantly repeating “stop trying to make Lawson happen, it isn’t going to happen” to any poor bohemian who will listen. 

I like the name Airheads for the charity, either that or the Flying Pharisees. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Did those people ask to have their picture taken?

And, if they did, were they ok with it being put on the Instagram Account of a minor reality TV stah with thousands and thousands of followers?  Someone with controversial religious beliefs?

• Love 18

The devastation here is unthinkable, but it is hopeful to see reuniting and rebuilding already beginning to take place. 🇧🇸 ❤️ #hurricanedorian

The "BS" at the end of the sentence shows at least a little self-awareness...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, skatelady said:

The "BS" at the end of the sentence shows at least a little self-awareness...

What the heck does she mean by that, anyway? 

I've never seen BS mean anything but "bullshit" or "big smile." And I can't imagine what either of those would be doing there (aside from @skatelady 's interpretation!).....

Can someone enlighten me? 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I've never seen BS mean anything but "bullshit" or "big smile." And I can't imagine what either of those would be doing there (aside from @skatelady 's interpretation!).....

I had to Google it, but apparently it's an abbreviation for Bahamas.

• Useful 10
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I had to Google it, but apparently it's an abbreviation for Bahamas.

Thanks! ... .It's a standardized country code to use for mail or on computer listings or something -- because it's simpler and less vulnerable to spelling errors or translation errors than full country names. I get it. 

Can't imagine why Jana stuck it into her post, though. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I looked at the post on my phone and the Bahamian flag shows up; not BS. I'm sure she didn't realize that the flag doesn't show up on all devices.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, realityfan26 said:

I looked at the post on my phone and the Bahamian flag shows up; not BS. I'm sure she didn't realize that the flag doesn't show up on all devices.

Aha! Makes more sense all the time. 

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I was wondering what the commotion was about. I never saw BS, but did see the flag both on my phone and tablet.

Whereas I can't see the flag at all......Maybe it prefers certain zip codes...😀

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I was wondering what the commotion was about. I never saw BS, but did see the flag both on my phone and tablet.

Color me also confused. I saw the flag. Interesting that her post autocorrects to truthful on some devices.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

can anyone find the Mediccorps site today?

last week a google search brought it up and today nothing.

maybe they shut down their fake charity page

it is also no longer shown on the johnson marketing and media page

Edited by crazy8s
more info
  • Love 1