Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

None of them has any speciality relevant to disaster relief save for praying. I bet they’re going down there because they want to exploit people’s grief and fear in the wake of the storm — vulnerable people are easier marks for proselytizing. Frankly, I find it opportunistic and despicable.

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Hey Duggars, I don't think the folks in the Bahamas need your assistance. You know who could use some missionary work? Saudia Arabia.  

Saudia Arabia would love for you guys to come proselytize to their folks. Maybe start in Mecca?

Or how about plain old inner city anywhere USA? Why don’t they help there?

• Love 17

They can't help in an American inner city, they can't help in their hometown, they can't help in the Bahamas, because they have nothing to offer. These fools can't even help themselves, let alone others.

The Bates, Duggars, et al., are like all the other scammers who see the donations and publicity that flood in after a disaster and try to divert as much of it as they can toward themselves.

This really burns me up.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Duggars, stop trying to make @mediccorps happen. I hope Medicorps (without the extra C) gets all your donations. 

You know they’re going to sue the Duggars. They have a decent case I think.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Lawson's had the name for awhile, thinking that he and Nathan were such medical saviours in the Philippines. However, this is the first time they've actually used it to try to solicit $$$.

I noticed two donate buttons. The obnoxious one on top that you can't miss and one at the bottom.

21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Duggars, stop trying to make @mediccorps happen. I hope Medicorps (without the extra C) gets all your donations. 

Haven't looked it up, but if there is a way to email the legitimate Medicorps, we should each send them a message about the phony group trying to cash in on their name.

These people infuriate me.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

You know they’re going to sue the Duggars. They have a decent case I think.

Oooh, I hope so!

2 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Haven't looked it up, but if there is a way to email the legitimate Medicorps, we should each send them a message about the phony group trying to cash in on their name.

These people infuriate me.  

Yes, please. The trickery is really sickening. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Just sent them an email.  Don't know if they will choose to do anything, but at least they have been notified.  Hope others will do the same.

I hope they get hundreds of emails about it. 🙂

• Love 8

mediccorps set up in dec 2018 - John, Nathan and an ER dr from trenton MIch who seems to work in grand rapids hospital or maybe and one in frankfort kentucky.... trenton michigan is not close to either of those

https://health.usnews.com/doctors/esli-gollapalli-804246

m.jpg

• Useful 6

I'm not seeing how this is a bad thing. Is it self-serving in some way? Of course it is. However the vast majority of organizations/people that go to provide relief after disasters do so to not only "assist" but to be seen "assisting". As long as this group provides some assistance and doesn't take from the Bahamian people, then I don't fault them. Maybe because my timelines are regularly full of people "praying for the people of XX" disaster area but never doing anything to help. Be it monetary, spiritual or otherwise. If the Duggar/Bates bunch goes down there and helps even one then it's better than most people will ever do. Our family has survived a flood disaster and one of the things that meant the most to us was just being able to sit down and talk/laugh with others about things that weren't related. It was so overwhelming that just focusing on something else, however briefly, was a relief. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I suspect the Freetown airport will be closed indefinitely, along with the ones on the Abacos--and when they open, small planes full of random people will be last on the list.  So they're most likely at Nassau, wandering around looking for people to help/god-bother.  It would have been a better idea to send money.  But they can't get attention that way.  

• Love 13
On 8/30/2019 at 6:46 PM, Sew Sumi said:

He's probably envisions himself as the next Gothard. After all, that guy started his ministry with the teen centers. He preyed on the parents' fear of their children becoming hippies.I

I wonder if any of the kids at Jed's week(end?) were forced to go? Maybe a little rebellion?

Wonder how he feels about feet?  

• LOL 7
17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Perhaps she took the picture?

I can't wait to see her brand of missions photos, where she's perfectly filtered and made-up among the victims of this storm.  

But of course!  She is Fundie Florence Nightingale!  I wonder what makes these people think they are capable of being any sort of help?  I suppose prayer tracts could sub for toilet paper in a pinch.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

I'm not seeing how this is a bad thing. Is it self-serving in some way? Of course it is. However the vast majority of organizations/people that go to provide relief after disasters do so to not only "assist" but to be seen "assisting". As long as this group provides some assistance and doesn't take from the Bahamian people, then I don't fault them. Maybe because my timelines are regularly full of people "praying for the people of XX" disaster area but never doing anything to help. Be it monetary, spiritual or otherwise. If the Duggar/Bates bunch goes down there and helps even one then it's better than most people will ever do. Our family has survived a flood disaster and one of the things that meant the most to us was just being able to sit down and talk/laugh with others about things that weren't related. It was so overwhelming that just focusing on something else, however briefly, was a relief. 

It's a horrible thing. They have no business being there. They have no real skills and will just be in the way of any relief efforts.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

if they really want to help, there is still a lot of work to be done in Puerto Rico and even in NC.  We are still recovering after Florence and getting ready for Dorian to hit us.  Florence hit us not even a year ago and we are still recovering.  People have short memories on natural disasters. 

Of course, these famewhoring idiots wouldn't go to those places because now the cameras and the public attention are GONE....

They don't run to disasters. They run to spotlights. 

Because that's what you do when you're preternaturally modest and equipped with that killer "servant's heart." 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

I disagree that the vast majority of people/organizations help in order to be “seen” assisting. Most do not care about that.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

But of course!  She is Fundie Florence Nightingale!  I wonder what makes these people think they are capable of being any sort of help?  I suppose prayer tracts could sub for toilet paper in a pinch.

Dressed in sponsored clothing and swipe up to donate. Not to the actual cause but to them so they can go and be in the way there. 

56 minutes ago, lascuba said:

It's a horrible thing. They have no business being there. They have no real skills and will just be in the way of any relief efforts.

I believe the government there had requested no helpers unless affiliated with the major organizations like the Red Cross. 

• Love 15
20 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Perhaps she took the picture?

I can't wait to see her brand of missions photos, where she's perfectly filtered and made-up among the victims of this storm.  

And if any victims are showing Nike levels of skin, she can photoshop Gothard approved clothes on them!

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

this was interesting - not sure the amount of truth

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/counting-on-members-of-the-duggar-family-are-in-the-bahamas-to-help-with-hurricane-dorian-disaster-relief.html/?fbclid=IwAR2hk8PfGLsmBGkOQnP1TmbNoOPZVplQhnRQxa30AzspqV4pLVE1G4n_zz0

this is a different thing than the LLC

from the article "Medic Corps says that their short-term rescue mission in the Bahamas will cost $15,000 to $20,000. People who want to donate to support the relief efforts can do so through the organization’s website. The organization has applied for tax-exempt status but has not yet received it, according to its website." 

I don't see that anywhere on the mediccorps website

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

That's probably not an inaccurate figure given the fuel costs to fly several planes round trip from Arkansas to the Bahamas, however that's precisely the reason why the whole thing is a waste of time in the first place. You might as well just donate directly to a relief organization already operating in the country. 

• Love 23
Just now, madpsych78 said:

Why wasn't Abbie included? She has training as an LPN

I'm assuming it's because pregnant white women cannot go to help the brown people in a foreign country immediately after a natural disaster.  That little white life growing in her uterus is more important than any of the people they may help.  I wish I was joking, but I do believe this is their line of thinking.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, JoanArc said:

The company behind the medicorps web site is the same one that runs the Bates Girl Boutique.

F'n idiot grifters.

So the Duggars/Bates jumped on a plane, sponsored by a company that also sells dresses (?), into a disaster zone where a major hurricane had barely just passed through, managed to find a landing spot, and then assembled for a group photo op before wandering around aimlessly looking to "help" while Lawson played his guitar?  Do I have this right?   

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

So the Duggars/Bates jumped on a plane, sponsored by a company that also sells dresses (?), into a disaster zone where a major hurricane had barely just passed through, managed to find a landing spot, and then assembled for a group photo op before wandering around aimlessly looking to "help" while Lawson played his guitar?  Do I have this right?   

Well, I think you're probably making it sound a little more sensible than it actually is. 😁

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm assuming it's because pregnant white women cannot go to help the brown people in a foreign country immediately after a natural disaster.  That little white life growing in her uterus is more important than any of the people they may help.  I wish I was joking, but I do believe this is their line of thinking.

They do have Zika down there and the CDC recommends against pregnant women travelling to that area, so I have no problem with Abby staying home.  If only the rest of them were pregnant and would've stayed home...

• LOL 12
  • Love 12
40 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

it is just the same company making the 2 websites. not that they are sponsoring or involved in ether selling dresses or grifting donations

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

this was interesting - not sure the amount of truth

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/counting-on-members-of-the-duggar-family-are-in-the-bahamas-to-help-with-hurricane-dorian-disaster-relief.html/?fbclid=IwAR2hk8PfGLsmBGkOQnP1TmbNoOPZVplQhnRQxa30AzspqV4pLVE1G4n_zz0

this is a different thing than the LLC

from the article "Medic Corps says that their short-term rescue mission in the Bahamas will cost $15,000 to $20,000. People who want to donate to support the relief efforts can do so through the organization’s website. The organization has applied for tax-exempt status but has not yet received it, according to its website." 

I don't see that anywhere on the mediccorps website

I don't begrudge them helping others, if that is what they are doing, however, I think they all have more than enough to fund their efforts. They're asking for money when they take numerous trips, flying themselves wherever, whenever, & film a long running reality show that most likely pays pretty well. They plaster pics all over SM of their trips & numerous parties, 1,000+ people weddings, etc. etc., which I think makes it kind of offensive to set up a tax exempt whatever it is & ask for "donations". If it's really the Lord's work they can fund it themselves or through private helpers, & stop looking for attention & glory for their efforts as well.

• Love 18