Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Everyone: Jane doesn't do anything, she's so boring and bland

Jana: Starts posting on instagram and sharing what she does do

Everyone: I HATE everything that Jana does! She sucks!!

😄

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

Everyone: Jane doesn't do anything, she's so boring and bland

Jana: Starts posting on instagram and sharing what she does do

Everyone: I HATE everything that Jana does! She sucks!!

😄

We hate the fakey-fake, bland personality that just appeared out of nothing. She's still hollow as a stock photo to the world. You won't convince me this SM is all her idea.

• Love 22
22 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

A seemingly stained folding chair, at that. And why did this desk become a shrine to teenaged Jim Bob?

Probably for the same reason at least some of his children hung pictures of him and Meeechelle kissing on the walls of their own homes......

....and the same reason most of said children did not immediately pack their belongings and move to another state after he stood within three feet of his kids and their dates courtshipmates and mimed humping their mother on a mini-golf course in front of TeeVee cameras. 

He's somehow managed to mesmerize them all into thinking he's very very special and they're lucky to have him. That he's really a kind of a god (because he's had 19 kids!!!) ....and sort of a sex god, at that.

Edited by Churchhoney
22 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

A seemingly stained folding chair, at that. And why did this desk become a shrine to teenaged Jim Bob?

It's Michelle's desk, in hers and JB's room. And I believe that's marbling on the chair.

• Love 4

What's the point of a fold up desk if you are putting crap on it like a candle and a picture of young Boob himself? You have to move that out of the way every time you want into that closet next to it (it looks like a closet type door)

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

What's the point of a fold up desk if you are putting crap on it like a candle and a picture of young Boob himself? You have to move that out of the way every time you want into that closet next to it (it looks like a closet type door)

I think they probably have a candle and a picture in a frame because the store they bought the decor in sold candles and picture frames. And displayed them sitting around on flat surfaces that kinda looked like they could be desks. 

I think the "have an actual idea that's based on the facts of a situation and has some meaning and relevance" portion of most Duggarling brains saw its lights go out many long years ago. So they just ape what they see.

I mean, all those decor stores sell candles and picture frames galore. And I always wonder who the heck is using so many of those. But it's just people who feel like they have to put stuff on top of their furniture but don't really know -- or care -- what to put there, probably. That would be the Duggarlings. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And I believe that's marbling on the chair.

If that's marbling, it's really bad marbling... the back of the chair looks light gray with some fingerprint marks that you get with that velvety kind of fabric, but no marbling. The seat just looks like someone spilled something on it...

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

If that's marbling, it's really bad marbling... the back of the chair looks light gray with some fingerprint marks that you get with that velvety kind of fabric, but no marbling. The seat just looks like someone spilled something on it...

I think it's faux-leather (maybe) upholstery in a marble pattern. And that the problems with it are that it's too all-gray-with-not-enough-contrast and it's in the wrong scale to look right on a small chair. 

If the marble pattern were smaller and had greater contrast between the lines/splotches/waves of the marbling and the background color, you could tell it was marbleized and it'd look okay. (maybe not great, but okay). But since the pattern's so big compared to the chair seat and so close to the background color, it looks way too much like a the edges of a huge old water stain. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The fold-up desk is essentially non-functional. I used to live in a very small apartment in NYC and came up with a number of clever "space-saving" ideas like this. The problem is that in real life you don't use a desk, neatly clean up everything you were working on, and fold it away. Jana has no ideas except to copy what Joanna Gaines does (actually, she may have TONS of ideas and simply be too fearful to do anything that hasn't been vetted through an approved source like Joanna Gaines).

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It sure looks like a big stain.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it's faux-leather (maybe) upholstery in a marble pattern. And that the problems with it are that it's too all-gray-with-not-enough-contrast and it's in the wrong scale to look right on a small chair. 

If the marble pattern were smaller and had greater contrast between the lines/splotches/waves of the marbling and the background color, you could tell it was marbleized and it'd look okay. (maybe not great, but okay). But since the pattern's so big compared to the chair seat and so close to the background color, it looks way too much like a the edges of a huge old water stain. 

Haha...possibly, but that's a lot of explanation there. I tend to stick to the Occam's razor way of thinking. The simplest answer is generally correct. It looks like a stain. This is the Duggars we are talking about. Therefore, it's probably a stain.

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Haha...possibly, but that's a lot of explanation there. I tend to stick to the Occam's razor way of thinking. The simplest answer is generally correct. It looks like a stain. This is the Duggars we are talking about. Therefore, it's probably a stain.

See, in this case my Occam's razor focused on Jana.

She's cautious as heck, way buttoned up, creator of a quite neat gardenheavily into modesty, fixated on "what would Joanna Gaines do," eager to photoshop skirts onto two strange women in the back of a picture she's in to preserve propriety, and extremely protective of her family's reputation.

And what Occam told me is that there's no way somebody like that would proudly publish pictures of the new desk and chair she created as a gift for her sainted parents if the chair had a giant highly visible Jim-Bob-soda-or-piss stain all over it!

So I guess the Occam's razor test can't help us decide. Too many different possibilities for what it should shave!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

The fold-up desk is essentially non-functional. I used to live in a very small apartment in NYC and came up with a number of clever "space-saving" ideas like this. The problem is that in real life you don't use a desk, neatly clean up everything you were working on, and fold it away. Jana has no ideas except to copy what Joanna Gaines does (actually, she may have TONS of ideas and simply be too fearful to do anything that hasn't been vetted through an approved source like Joanna Gaines).

I agree about the fold up desk.  I lived for a couple years in a studio apartment with fold up desk, dining table that folded up and stored the chairs.  My bed was a fold out couch. Unlike Mary Richards I didn't fold up my bed every morning.  Unless company was coming everything stayed open all the time. 

What I never understood is why were they re-doing their parents bedroom.  The room that always looked a disaster was the boy's bedroom.  Fix that up a little bit.  Or Jana get her own apartment and fix it up for herself.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, beagletime said:

I agree about the fold up desk.  I lived for a couple years in a studio apartment with fold up desk, dining table that folded up and stored the chairs.  My bed was a fold out couch. Unlike Mary Richards I didn't fold up my bed every morning.  Unless company was coming everything stayed open all the time. 

What I never understood is why were they re-doing their parents bedroom.  The room that always looked a disaster was the boy's bedroom.  Fix that up a little bit.  Or Jana get her own apartment and fix it up for herself.

Look the only way to fix the boys' bedroom is to fumigate it, and then gut it.  Even then, JB and Michelle are not going to spring for new beds and bedding for the boys.  That room is always going to be a disaster zone.  

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, beagletime said:

What I never understood is why were they re-doing their parents bedroom. 

Well, I consider this an abusive situation. And in an abusive situation, many people tend to go on unconsciously kissing the asses of their abusers for life, singing their praises, giving them gifts.

That's what the brainwashing-from-babyhood does to many people, in my opinion. It programs them permanently to keep paying homage to the people who went out of their way to damage their individuality, their wills, and their ability to dream and think for themselves. 

You see it in autocratic states (and workplaces, etc.) as well as in families, seems to me. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

See, in this case my Occam's razor focused on Jana.

She's cautious as heck, way buttoned up, creator of a quite neat gardenheavily into modesty, fixated on "what would Joanna Gaines do," eager to photoshop skirts onto two strange women in the back of a picture she's in to preserve propriety, and extremely protective of her family's reputation.

And what Occam told me is that there's no way somebody like that would proudly publish pictures of the new desk and chair she created as a gift for her sainted parents if the chair had a giant highly visible Jim-Bob-soda-or-piss stain all over it!

So I guess the Occam's razor test can't help us decide. Too many different possibilities for what it should shave!

Still looks like a stain to me, logical or not.  The whole project looks like crap, so why not?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Still looks like a stain to me, logical or not.  The whole project looks like crap, so why not?

Totally agree on the project as a whole! 

Also -- I can see why you might want a fold-down desk if you live in a small space....But they live in a giant barn. To install a small writing space would not require blocking a closet door and an electrical outlet. 

However, while I don't think Jana's a good designer or sensible planner, I still maintain that she wouldn't include a possibly-piss-stained chair in one of her "homage to Joanna Gaines" tableaus. 😁

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

However, while I don't think Jana's a good designer or sensible planner, I still maintain that she wouldn't include a possibly-piss-stained chair in one of her "homage to Joanna Gaines" tableaus. 😁

She is a Duggar, and you know that they do things " a little different."

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I've seen lots of folding chairs like that.  They are plush and somewhat cushioned.  And that would be a stain on the cushion--even plain water might make a stain like that (which is why you don't see those chairs much anymore).  There's no sign of a marble pattern on the back cushion of the seat: just fingerprints and such on the plush.

It's a nice little desk, but the shrine (complete with lit candle) to teenage JimBob is a bit gross.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

I've seen lots of folding chairs like that.  They are plush and somewhat cushioned.  And that would be a stain on the cushion--even plain water might make a stain like that (which is why you don't see those chairs much anymore).  There's no sign of a marble pattern on the back cushion of the seat: just fingerprints and such on the plush.

It's a nice little desk, but the shrine (complete with lit candle) to teenage JimBob is a bit gross.

Okay, now that you mention plush, I see that's what it is. Plush. Which makes much more sense as an upholstery fabric Jana'd think to put in her mother's bedroom for her mother's "desk." 

But I still totally disagree about the stain! Because of the nature of Jana. She clearly doesn't fall into the Duggar "dirty and lazy" stererotype. 

With plush -- and especially in that very light color -- you can easily create those marks on the seat just by touching the plush and pushing it in a certain way. You can get those marks on the seat in the same way you get the fingerprint marks on the back (which aren't actually "fingerprints" -- in the sense of "ewww, dirty!" --  they're just places where the plush is facing in a different direction because your fingers pushed the plush fibers that way.)

Similarly, on the seat, the dark places are the edges of where somebody or something pushed the plush fibers to put them at a different angle to the rest of it. They catch the light differently, so they're a different shade. Same thing that happens with anything plush, with faux fur, with velvet. Etc. You don't notice it as much in dark-colored plush, but in very light gray plush like that, it'd be completely obviousl

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Totally agree on the project as a whole! 

Also -- I can see why you might want a fold-down desk if you live in a small space....But they live in a giant barn. To install a small writing space would not require blocking a closet door and an electrical outlet. 

Agreed that is is idiotic to shoehorn a desk are into a tiny space where it doesn't fit when they have that humongous house. As for the stain, I just figured someone's water broke there and they kept it as a memento. These are Duggars, after all.

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Agreed that is is idiotic to shoehorn a desk are into a tiny space where it doesn't fit when they have that humongous house. As for the stain, I just figured someone's water broke there and they kept it as a memento. These are Duggars, after all.

This project is probably part of an episode for the new season showcasing Jana's mad decorating skillz.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Okay, now that you mention plush, I see that's what it is. Plush. Which makes much more sense as an upholstery fabric Jana'd think to put in her mother's bedroom for her mother's "desk." 

But I still totally disagree about the stain! Because of the nature of Jana. She clearly doesn't fall into the Duggar "dirty and lazy" stererotype. 

With plush -- and especially in that very light color -- you can easily create those marks on the seat just by touching the plush and pushing it in a certain way. You can get those marks on the seat in the same way you get the fingerprint marks on the back (which aren't actually "fingerprints" -- in the sense of "ewww, dirty!" --  they're just places where the plush is facing in a different direction because your fingers pushed the plush fibers that way.)

Similarly, on the seat, the dark places are the edges of where somebody or something pushed the plush fibers to put them at a different angle to the rest of it. They catch the light differently, so they're a different shade. Same thing that happens with anything plush, with faux fur, with velvet. Etc. You don't notice it as much in dark-colored plush, but in very light gray plush like that, it'd be completely obviousl

Your theory makes sense in every way, really, but I still have trouble seeing that as anything but a stain. Might it be possible that it's just a chair which has been around here and there for so long that everyone has gotten used to the imperfections, and somehow since Jana's eye was focused so much on the desk/shelves/knickknacks and whatnot she simply had a blind spot where the chair was concerned? I do that all the time - I clean up and stage a particular corner of the house, yard, what have you, take a photo, and only way later realize that some unsavory detail had photobombed my careful composition. When I'm enjoying something which makes my eyes happy, I can overlook way more peripheral stuff than I would like to think.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Your theory makes sense in every way, really, but I still have trouble seeing that as anything but a stain. Might it be possible that it's just a chair which has been around here and there for so long that everyone has gotten used to the imperfections, and somehow since Jana's eye was focused so much on the desk/shelves/knickknacks and whatnot she simply had a blind spot where the chair was concerned? I do that all the time - I clean up and stage a particular corner of the house, yard, what have you, take a photo, and only way later realize that some unsavory detail had photobombed my careful composition. When I'm enjoying something which makes my eyes happy, I can overlook way more peripheral stuff than I would like to think.

Yeah, I get that that sometimes can happen! 

But they got all new stuff for that bedroom. When they published the earlier photos of the do-over, virtually everything in the room was new or "newly built" by the Duggarlings. And this "desk" is part of that redo. They wouldn't change out absolutely everything for new stuff and then drag in one old stained chair to put with all the Joanna Gaines-like pristine white and grey stuff they put in the "new" room.. And to use at a desk for which they also bought several knick-knacks, including their trademark sign-with-words-on-it (in this case, "Choose Joy" ...This chair's also in the same color palette as the redo. That silvery-gray-white-y stuff is all over the new room! 

All the rest of you can continue to think it's a stain, though, and I'll shut up about it now.

I'm just happy that the plush explanation surfaced because now I know what it is! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I get that that sometimes can happen! 

But they got all new stuff for that bedroom. When they published the earlier photos of the do-over, virtually everything in the room was new or "newly built" by the Duggarlings. And this "desk" is part of that redo. They wouldn't change out absolutely everything for new stuff and then drag in one old stained chair to put with all the Joanna Gaines-like pristine white and grey stuff they put in the "new" room.. And to use at a desk for which they also bought several knick-knacks, including their trademark sign-with-words-on-it (in this case, "Choose Joy" ...This chair's also in the same color palette as the redo. That silvery-gray-white-y stuff is all over the new room! 

All the rest of you can continue to think it's a stain, though, and I'll shut up about it now.

I'm just happy that the plush explanation surfaced because now I know what it is! 

Fair enough! We can all be happy 🙂

• Love 4

From the Joe Kendra thread

Jed is director of a leadership summit https://www.discipleshipsummit.org/about/

Summit at Fort Rock - owned by austin's family. speakers include ma duggar, Gil and kelly bates and kendra"s dad??

BitterApple said:

So Jed's the new Golden Boy? He comes across just as unlikable and arrogant as Smuggar. 

Isn't Jed the one that went to some intern thing at the state capitol with Joy as his accountability person?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Isn't Jed the one that went to some intern thing at the state capitol with Joy as his accountability person?

I think so. 

Tragically, Jim Bob's dream of world domination is not dead. It's chugging right along. 

Edited by Churchhoney
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think so. 

Tragically, Jim Bob's dream of world domination is not dead. It's chugging right along. 

wonder what it is about Jed that qualifies him over Jeer.

the next boys -Jason seems to be marketed as a house flipper, James - radio silence since he was doing 3rd grade flash cards with Jill when he was what 12?, Justin, the preacher mechanic training with pa caldwell and then Jackson....

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

wonder what it is about Jed that qualifies him over Jeer.

the next boys -Jason seems to be marketed as a house flipper, James - radio silence since he was doing 3rd grade flash cards with Jill when he was what 12?, Justin, the preacher mechanic training with pa caldwell and then Jackson....

I think Jer was "sinner twin," wasn't he? 

I seem to remember something about longer-term Alert trips and....head shaving, maybe?....for Jer? 

Or maybe Jer kicked Meechelle when he was in the womb. Like Jana. Because of course Meeechelle can tell which unborn child is doing it!  😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think Jer was "sinner twin," wasn't he? 

I seem to remember something about longer-term Alert trips and....head shaving, maybe?....for Jer? 

Or maybe Jer kicked Meechelle when he was in the womb. Like Jana. Because of course Meeechelle can tell which unborn child is doing it!  😁

i never remember which one is the sinner twin

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Indeed, Her is the sinner twin. I don't recall him doing extra turns at ALERT, though. The only one who stayed longer was Josiah (3 stints back to back).

Jer is the cuter of Jer/Jed.  I agree with whomever said Jed looks like a smug asshole, a la Smuggar.  Maybe being the sinner twin means there's hope for him?

Why did Josiah have to do extra Jesus Fake Army camps?  No wonder he looks so glum.

• Love 5

So, the summit happened last month? They must not of had good attendance if we haven’t heard about it by now, either that or they said the wild way out there stuff that gets them in trouble so they kept it a secret.

Based on the radio interview I listen to with him, he’s definitely trying to make a move or politics, and will definitely go nowhere. No intelligence or charisma. Josh had more going for him then Jer does.  Not one of the pleasant to look at howler monkeys either.  Hopefully Derwood’s run for office will give Jim Bob something to enjoy. 

The summit has an Instagram, the more eagle eyed among us need to go through it and give us the juicy details.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

So, the summit happened last month? They must not of had good attendance if we haven’t heard about it by now, either that or they said the wild way out there stuff that gets them in trouble so they kept it a secret.

Based on the radio interview I listen to with him, he’s definitely trying to make a move or politics, and will definitely go nowhere. No intelligence or charisma. Josh had more going for him then Jer does.  Not one of the pleasant to look at howler monkeys either.  Hopefully Derwood’s run for office will give Jim Bob something to enjoy. 

The summit has an Instagram, the more eagle eyed among us need to go through it and give us the juicy details.

I'm sure they're keeping this stuff under wraps.

The conservative evangelicals who want to take over the country and then in the world know they'll trigger pushback if people find out about their crusade. So most of the politically oriented stuff happens on the quiet and always has, and that's especially true with a lot of the stuff that recruits young people. These programs that train up young people into activism in the cause, like HSLDA's long-running and very large get-out-the-vote efforts manned by teenagers, mostly operate under the radar. 

And this is a Gothard-inspired operation, clearly. So there's a double reason to keep it under wraps because the Gothard scandals would trigger criticism and opposition as well. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The conservative evangelicals who want to take over the country and then in the world know they'll trigger pushback if people find out about their crusade. So most of the stuff happens on the quiet and always has. These programs that train up young people into activism in the cause, like HSLDA's long-running and very large get-out-the-vote efforts manned by teenagers, mostly operate under the radar.

And this is a Gothard-inspired operation, clearly. So there's a double reason to keep it under wraps because the Gothard scandals would be a problem as well. 

given the speakers listed and the need for male and female team leaders - probably trace and nathan bates, jason and james duggar. but who for the females.  no duggar or bates girls - caldwell or swanson? Jill r certainly would have posted if her girls were there

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 1

It can't be all that large. I doubt they need four group leaders. Not to mention, James just turned 18. That's probably more the age of the older campers. 

How much money can he be making? He has to pay Fort Rock for the use of its campsite. The campers need to be fed.  I'm sure everyone is volunteering, but there have to be other expenses going out before Jed can line his pockets.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I’m reminded of The Family -  The shadowy open secret group that is ostensibly religious, but actually just a political power system. Honestly it’s a type of thing I can see Jeremy getting involved with. Something which appears religious but with a little bit of probing is evil. I’m just glad Jim Bob, especially Jer  are not quite crafty enough to make it happen in their neck of the woods. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’m reminded of The Family -  The shadowy open secret group that is ostensibly religious, but actually just a political power system. Honestly it’s a type of thing I can see Jeremy getting involved with. Something which appears religious but with a little bit of probing is evil. I’m just glad Jim Bob, especially Jer  are not quite crafty enough to make it happen in their neck of the woods. 

Exactly. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Didn't someone post a picture of a sparsely attended event with a bunch of bored looking boys sitting on folding chairs?  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

Didn't someone post a picture of a sparsely attended event with a bunch of bored looking boys sitting on folding chairs?  

It is disciple.summit on insta.  Sorry I don’t know how to link. There was also a manhood event at Fort rock a couple of weeks ago that looked depressing Lee horrible as well but I think that was a separate thing from this affair. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It can't be all that large. I doubt they need four group leaders. Not to mention, James just turned 18. That's probably more the age of the older campers. 

How much money can he be making? He has to pay Fort Rock for the use of its campsite. The campers need to be fed.  I'm sure everyone is volunteering, but there have to be other expenses going out before Jed can line his pockets.

I would guess that the possibility of building his reputation and some kind of movement that would move him and their ideas forward may be just as important to them as money, if not more so, at this point........

Power is more important than run-of-the-mill earning and grifting. Because if you can get enough power for you and your co-believers, you'll have everything you want, in this world and the next. I really believe this is what's circulating in the heads of JB, Caldwell and the others at this point -- and what they've fed into the mind of the new standard bearer, Jed. 

JB was willing to pay for power before, so I'd bet he's willing to pay for it now. .....He was deluded then, of course, and we can only hope he's just as deluded today. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

there are photos on the site - the large group thing looked like maybe 25 people. but is was listed for ages 15+ so the younger looking to court crowd

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I would guess that the possibility of building his reputation and some kind of movement that would move him and their ideas forward may be just as important to them as money, if not more so, at this point........

Power is more important than run-of-the-mill earning and grifting. Because if you can get enough power for you and your co-believers, you'll have everything you want, in this world and the next. I really believe that this is what's circulating in JB, Caldwell and the others at this point -- and what they've fed into the mind of the new standard bearer, Jed. 

JB was willing to pay for power before, so I'd bet he's willing to pay for it now. 

The thought of a Duggar led ILLUMINATI makes me giggle.   

• LOL 16
  • Love 1