Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On 8/14/2019 at 10:33 PM, Lunera said:

Oh God, Jana has become one of those annoying "influencers" that post super staged pictures with stupid captions. 

I can totally picture Josh in the bathroom staring at the pics breaking a sweat.  Piggy Josh 🤣.

On 8/15/2019 at 11:10 AM, momofsquid said:

What weird composition! Holding a box of grapes in front of a ferris wheel

She should have been holding a glass of wine. It was a grape festival  after all....

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Ya ever wonder if Jana is not married for a reason?  Like maybe she is a bitch? Or a tightass? 

Photoshopping skirts on some background girls?  That tells me a lot about how Jana thinks.  I kinda assumed Jana was over this Duggar crap and was playing along until she found a nice guy and got a ticket out. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Ya ever wonder if Jana is not married for a reason?  Like maybe she is a bitch? Or a tightass? 

Photoshopping skirts on some background girls?  That tells me a lot about how Jana thinks.  I kinda assumed Jana was over this Duggar crap and was playing along until she found a nice guy and got a ticket out. 

I wonder if Jana does the photoshopping. Her IG photos are not selfies. Someone takes them and someone does a generally decent job editing them. The exception being the recent photoshop fail. (Not only adding those clumsy "skirts" to two women in the background, but *not* removing the woman several feet behind Jana who was shooting the finger. 🤣)

I wonder if the photographer also does the photo editing. And if so, who it is. 

The skirts, BTW, were probably done if not by Jana herself, with her approval or at her request. That's how the Duggars roll, and she's all Duggar.

• Love 8

I think Jana does all her own work with editing. Jana seems to have some minor talent or aptitude for style so she is the most likely one to do them.  She is the only female home except for the younger girls.  Duggar males don't have that skill. 

Maybe Jim Bob made her edit the pictures?  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

It may well be. When various Fundie guys have denied involvement with her, it's always been in an "Ewwww, no way, not me!" tone. So who knows, we may be attributing all these great qualities to Jana that she doesn't really possess.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It may well be. When various Fundie guys have denied involvement with her, it's always been in an "Ewwww, no way, not me!" tone. So who knows, we may be attributing all these great qualities to Jana that she doesn't really possess.  

I think that's definitely one of the possibilities. 

But it also seems to be true that most of the guys who yowl stuff like that are fundie guys who achieved a pretty significant age (in their world) without pairing up with any fundie women  (and there are a lot available) or, in fact, with any women, period. Maybe they're just super-picky, or rotten to be around or secretly gay or not actually interested in a fundie wife even if their parents want that...or whatever. 

Plus, most of the guys who've been spoken of in these pairings have been slightly younger than Jana. And unless you're Bin that seems to be a total deal-breaker in this world. I think most of the guys would feel thwarted and insulted at the suggestion that they should marry anybody who's a couple (or more) years older than they are, even if she was the nicest person on Earth.

In addition, one of the loudest sneerers and disavowers has since been arrested for child molestation -- so obviously an older woman isn't his speed. (Or any woman committed to, you know, pre-marital chastity and not in the available-for-rape category.)

And another of the quoted Yikes! Not her-ers was Tim Tebow. And he's constantly dated -- dated, mind you -- fashion models and beauty queens. (and is apparently now engaged to a, wait for it, former Miss Universe...)

Not only didn't he "court" but he seems to exclusively date women who wear strapless mini-dresses to shop at Whole Foods.

(And unlike DerBinJer, he doesn't need to latch onto the Duggar train to advance himself. He's got far more fame than they do, and I expect he was mainly just annoyed at the Jana suggestion because he considers the whole clan -- and their cult, perhaps -- beneath him and would never want them hanging onto his coattails.....)

(Plus -- is there any evidence that Jana and Tim Tebow ever exchanged two words with each other? Didn't the couple story start because JB and M were at some event at which they fleetingly met Tim's mother? ... If I'm remembering that right -- though I may not be -- any opinion he may have implied about Jana (if he even actually implied one) is less than meaningless...)

The thing is, there are many unmarried young-but-aging women in these families. But the media and the public just keep creating stories about Jana as a potential partner for various guys because Jana's the one that most people and most media writers actually know about, from tv.  So when those media- and overheated-fan-created -- totally mythical -- "relationships" turn out not to be real, the guys get "interviewed" or their social media gets scrutinized. And when they say "no, not courting her," everybody looks at Jana and says, "Wow, what's wrong with her?" 

An equally apt story might be, "Why have guys obviously avoided romantic entanglement with the beautiful Botkin sisters (who are way older than Jana)? Maybe they're really nasty bitches!"

But that never gets bandied about because only a few people know who they are. So no guys are ever named by media and fans as possible suitors -- so you don't get any reactions from guys that we can then parse to figure out what the hell is wrong with the Botkins.  Even though they're in the exact same position as Jana. 

I think the "what's really up with Jana" question can't be answered.

Partly because there are so many alternative explanations for the reactions of the guys who've been named as possibilities for her husband. But mostly because she seems to be one of the Duggars who protects her privacy and has no interest in doing stuff that might accidentally reveal to the public what she really thinks and feels and what she's really like. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 8/15/2019 at 12:00 PM, BitterApple said:

Holy crap, you're right! I enlarged the picture and the skirts looked like they were superimposed on the girls' bodies. Judging by their footwear, I'm guessing they were really wearing ungodly shorts.

The brown skirt looks like someone took brown banana leaves and stitched them together.  I don't think it resembles a real skirt.  Fail.

• LOL 12
10 hours ago, Marigold said:

I think Jana does all her own work with editing. Jana seems to have some minor talent or aptitude for style so she is the most likely one to do them.  She is the only female home except for the younger girls.  Duggar males don't have that skill. 

Maybe Jim Bob made her edit the pictures?  

Am I remembering correctly...didn’t Jessa and Ben have Josh make their wedding invitations because he was the family “graphic designer”?  Could he be the family photoshopper?

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, KeyLime said:

Am I remembering correctly...didn’t Jessa and Ben have Josh make their wedding invitations because he was the family “graphic designer”?  Could he be the family photoshopper?

“Yes Jessa, I looked at their two bare asses, but I didn’t like it!”

• LOL 11
On 8/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, KeyLime said:

You are totally correct.  Good pick up!  Figures Josh knows his way around a computer. 

Ew, gross. I feel sick.  Make Josh go away.  🤮☠️  That perv is photoshopping skirts on some young girls in shorts.  I am nauseous.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Marigold said:

You are totally correct.  Good pick up!  Figures Josh knows his way around a computer. 

Ew, gross. I feel sick.  Make Josh go away.  🤮☠️  That perv is photoshopping skirts on some young girls in shorts.  I am nauseous.

Aaa, well, maybe he wasn't. Anybody could have created those "skirts" with various little-skill-required programs.

And Jana needs another helper for her photos too. She can't take them herself. So Laura or somebody must be doing that. And that wouldn't be Josh. More likely Laura or whoever else is Jana's photographer also edits the photos. And Laura's presumably a professional designer by training. So it'd be up her alley completely. 

I seriously doubt Jana would want Josh doing any of it, and she's got plenty of other options. Nobody around there is fully employed as far as I can tell. 

Josh probably doesn't even have a decent computer in his car-sales shed. And he has a "job." I'm sure the selling-a-couple-used-cars-per-month-on-the-side-of-the-road emporium keeps him and three or four other "working" Duggars quite busy, by Duggar standards. 

• Love 7

The Tim Tebow thing came from someone on RadarOnline scraping content from FreeJinger. It was in a thread about making up a wild rumor about the Duggars and a poster with the username (I kid you not) grandmadugger posted the courtship rumor. 

Yeah...

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The Tim Tebow thing came from someone on RadarOnline scraping content from FreeJinger. It was in a thread about making up a wild rumor about the Duggars and a poster with the username (I kid you not) grandmadugger posted the courtship rumor. 

Yeah...

Oh, thanks for the recap. I vaguely remember this now. 

@grandmadugger strikes. And, wow, talk about your "scraping." Geez. 

• Love 1
On 8/20/2019 at 9:52 AM, Churchhoney said:

Aaa, well, maybe he wasn't. Anybody could have created those "skirts" with various little-skill-required programs.

And Jana needs another helper for her photos too. She can't take them herself. So Laura or somebody must be doing that. And that wouldn't be Josh. More likely Laura or whoever else is Jana's photographer also edits the photos. And Laura's presumably a professional designer by training. So it'd be up her alley completely. 

I seriously doubt Jana would want Josh doing any of it, and she's got plenty of other options. Nobody around there is fully employed as far as I can tell. 

Josh probably doesn't even have a decent computer in his car-sales shed. And he has a "job." I'm sure the selling-a-couple-used-cars-per-month-on-the-side-of-the-road emporium keeps him and three or four other "working" Duggars quite busy, by Duggar standards. 

You are right. I totally forgot about Laura.  I never remember that she is like another Duggar kidult. 

Jana and Laura are doing the pics, the photoshop and running the Insta account. 

Changing topics...I doubt Jana likes Josh very much.  She might have "forgiven" him but that doesn't mean she likes him.  I think Jana has a solid relationship with Anna.  josh?  I bet Jana smiles and says "hey, Josh, how's it going?" and then quietly moves away.  

Changing topics again,  Social media assumes Jana is a doll and a loyal Cinderella. We really don't know that. Jana keeps her guard up so it really is total guessing on our part.  The other girls have opened up more over the years so we do have a sense of who they are. Jana? I honestly couldn't describe her if you paid me. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Today's sermon brought to you by Jana. zzzzzzzzz

Restoring a school. 

Irony is lost on them. 

I don't begrudge Jana or any of them looking for meaning in things according to their own lights, because their own lights are all they've got. '

But it really is kind of gobbledygook all the time. And their analogies never work. 

The schoolhouse you people "restore" isn't going to "become new." It's gonna become a same-old same-old faux Joanna Barnes soulless retail-y-looking barnlike object. Because that's what the stuff always looks like. 

Of course, unlike all the guys at least Jana doesn't plan to spend her life preaching in public. So that's a good thing. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Today's sermon brought to you by Jana. zzzzzzzzz

Who exactly are they paying to do all the work there that they'll ultimately take all the credit for? Because none of them possess any sort of knowledge to restore anything. 

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Restoring a school. 

Of course, unlike all the guys at least Jana doesn't plan to spend her life preaching in public. So that's a good thing. 

Actually, with posts like these, Jana IS preaching in public (and reaching a pretty huge audience at that). 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

Actually, with posts like these, Jana IS preaching in public (and reaching a pretty huge audience at that). 

Yeah, you're right. I was just thinking that, well, at least it was -- and probably will be -- less than 45 minutes long every time!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190822-223812_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.889be86173c485d908f556c2151ed10f.jpg

She's so weird. 

They were raised to be. 

And I guess nobody had enough genes forcing them in any other direction. 

So they're pretty much all the little clay creations JB and M intended to mold them into. Just with varying degrees of being happy about it, dulled down and inured to it, or upset about it but without enough of whatever it takes to actually do anything different. 

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay. I'm jealous. A long time dream of mine was to turn an old school house or small church into a home.

One of my relations did that with a little church and it's a great house. (although it took them forever to do over....I wouldn't have the patience...)

No shiplap or framed signs with first-grade vocabulary words on them, though. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Tons of shiplap. That will be so outdated in a couple of years.

What do you expect from the woman that stalks Joanna Gaines' mother?  If it's good enough for the Magnolia Mafia, it's good enough for Jana!  

• LOL 9
11 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Yeahhh... it’s still kind of odd that the hymnals are stil there....

And they look like relatively new hymnals, too. Ditto for the folding chairs. And they left the piano....

If the Duggars weren't all still with us, I'd think the congregation got raptured. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 20
12 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Church=deductions

Then why call it a schoolhouse, Jana? Anyone with half a brain can tell it was last used as a church.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10

Is that some kind of shrine? I prefer to think she ritualistically burns things in that candle while prying to Satan about her idiot parents.

A seemingly stained folding chair, at that.

And a desk leg blocking two outlets? Great Value home fire kit!

These people are so, so self involved. Jesus Jana, just GO.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Why isn’t it centered?

Probably either because of the outlet the left support is almost blocking and because they needed enough clearance along the wall to open the door of what looks like a closet on the left. That's probably also why the whole thing folds down, otherwise the door would only open the 6 inches before it hit the desk. 

Edited by McManda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7