Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Aren't those cutesy signs over yet?  The Duggars always seem to latch onto things after they have peaked.  

Personally, I don't need a sign to tell me to eat in the kitchen, or remind me of the definition of family.  I wonder what the next trend is going to be?  I feel that succulents are nearing the end of their 15 minutes... 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

@awaken: I like succulents too. I have a few growing in pots.  But recently I needed a couple of framed prints for my bathroom and I passed over the ones of succulents.  I just felt like they would scream 2019 in a few years. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Do the Duggars realize that the Tontitown Grape Festival is because the citizens made WINE out of the grapes? 

I thought that too as soon as I saw grape festival. But don't these people believe that the first miracle performed by Jesus was to turn water into unfermented grape juice or some such nonsense?  I totally agree about those tacky signs. Hoping now that the Gaines are non longer filming their show these signs will disappear along with barn doors.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I thought that too as soon as I saw grape festival. But don't these people believe that the first miracle performed by Jesus was to turn water into unfermented grape juice or some such nonsense?  I totally agree about those tacky signs. Hoping now that the Gaines are non longer filming their show these signs will disappear along with barn doors.

Sadly, the Gaines are getting an entire cable network.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

@awaken: I like succulents too. I have a few growing in pots.  But recently I needed a couple of framed prints for my bathroom and I passed over the ones of succulents.  I just felt like they would scream 2019 in a few years. 

Don't forget you can decorate your bathroom with a photo of your parents like Jill did in the past.

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Zella said:

Holy shit, Jed looks about 30 in that picture!

Okay, who is Jed?   I thought I had an idea who everyone was, but I don't keep up with them outside of the show and this forum.  I have managed to miss Jed.   Thanks in advance for the info.

Is Jed, Jedidiah?  in that case, I guess I know.    Nebbermind.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Aren't those cutesy signs over yet?  The Duggars always seem to latch onto things after they have peaked.  

Oh God, that means Michelle will be getting Asian symbols tattooed on herself any day now!

17 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I want to punch them both. I'll see you in the prayer closet.

After hearing his political views, you’re not the only one.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I like the signs in French. And I have a “Flower Market” sign on my deck next to, you know, flowers. 

Jed is a twin. Jer is quite cute at the moment and not balding. I think Jed is cute because I like tall men and he seems taller than all of them. The sign for Michelle makes me sad because he’s still sheltered enough to think that he was cool buying that for his mom. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 3

Some 30 plus years ago I bought my mom a small framed poem about family, done in calligraphy.

I'm laughing my ass of now, because thinking back, she hung it in the bathroom.

Oops. ETA. I am relating this to the topic of signs as art and placement of said art. I agree that the Duggar homes look like the aisles in Hobby Lobby.

Edited by GeeGolly
Want to follow suggestions of mods.
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

IMO, Jana's SM is trying to make herself look like she is the type of person who has fun; which is a step up from most of the Duggars but also looks really strange to us, because we're not used to it.  Also, she's clearly not a tremendously skilled actress (lol).

• Love 14

Hmm. So, who's taking those photos? Obviously they aren't selfies, and they're certainly above average as to composition, lighting, and editing. 

ETA: Whoever it is, Jill needs that kind of skill for her SM clothes-shilling snaps. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 16

What weird composition! Holding a box of grapes in front of a ferris wheel does not compute for me. I guess she's standing in that position and smiling because she's supposed to be playing a game, but it's no wonder she lost if she played while clutching her grapes. Looks pretty but makes no sense.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Random, but did someone actually Photoshop skirts onto those two girls in the background? They don't look natural...

Ha! You’re right. Maybe they were in short shorts and Jana didn’t want to be responsible for making any man that might look at her pics sin.

• LOL 12
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Holy crap, you're right! I enlarged the picture and the skirts looked like they were superimposed on the girls' bodies. Judging by their footwear, I'm guessing they were really wearing ungodly shorts.

I figured the same...
Advertising fail. All I noticed was the bad Photoshop. Lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Holy crap, you're right! I enlarged the picture and the skirts looked like they were superimposed on the girls' bodies. Judging by their footwear, I'm guessing they were really wearing ungodly shorts.

I never would have noticed, but it sure does look like it. Just like trying to watch "The Birdcage" on network TV. LOL 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Random, but did someone actually Photoshop skirts onto those two girls in the background? They don't look natural...

Bahahaha they totally did! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I never would have noticed, but it sure does look like it. Just like trying to watch "The Birdcage" on network TV. LOL 

I love that movie. 

On topic:  Those are three of the weirdest pictures ever. They seem pointless. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Turquoise said:

The Maxwells did that for a photo of them with some friends. One of the friends was in jeans and they made it look like a skirt. Here's the photo (girl farthest to right). 

image.thumb.png.b64f8b5d4b4d06977446e925f27a8b25.png

It doesn't surprise me that the Maxwells did this, especially since these are their friends. (Maxwell friends must be Godly). But it surprises me the more wordly Duggars did this, especially to young ladies they don't know.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It reminds me of the bras photoshopped onto the actresses on a network TV showing of Showgirls. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't know what's going on inside her head, but I really hate her SM posts -- possibly even more than I hate Jill's. Jill is clueless and incompetent, but I don't even know what this is. Jeremy and Jinger's SM feed is over-curated, but Jana's is more like someone who is hoping to make a living selling pictures of herself as stock photos.

And to me it looks like somebody who's hoping to make a living from the stock-photo market but is actually mega-uncomfortable doing it. 

Actually, Jill's cluelessness and incompetence seem to me almost the least pitiful (on some days, anyway). She's just snapping whatever's there. (Or having Izzy snap it, which is actually fine with me. Why not? He needs some fun, and it's just a snapshot, in the end). Her posting probably seldom costs her much time or effort. Easy peasy. Meanwhile, Jer tries too hard (but Jingle much less so, to me -- and I think that's because she isn't trying to achieve much by doing it, and he so is) And Jana's always trying way too hard.

That makes me sad for them. Because they obviously want something from what I think should just be fun -- writing messages, taking pictures, even going out to restaurants and fairs. Are they actually enjoying any of those things -- i.e., their actual social life? -- or are they constantly thinking about what to do and how to depict it to get some kind of  social-media result? 

All the curating, and in Jana's case the posing like someone she never was and probably doesn't even want to be, seems like turning what ought to be the relaxed part of your life into anxious activity. And I doubt Jana's even doing it because she chose to. I expect she was just told that now it's the family mission, so get on it. 

Plus, it doesn't seem to me that either Jer or Jana has any chance of being really successful at the influencer game anyway So all the anxious posing is gonna be for naught. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Cripes. They're totally photoshopped. Both the "skirts" have the same ridiculous scalloped "hemlines." 

Good lord, these people are nuts. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 6

Good catch on the photoshopped "skirts" in the background. Now that I look at the photo on my computer monitor it's so apparent. So my earlier comment that this photo is above the Duggar average is now tempered by that bit of bad editing. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I went to a Christian school with a Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox. They didn't like Daisy Duke's legs showing. God forbid we see legs, but we can see their obvious pregnant bellies(belly buttons and all) in tight shirts. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 8/15/2019 at 12:23 AM, awaken said:

It’s really strange. They’re all so fake and staged. They truly do look like stock photos. 

"Fake and staged" is Jana's middle name, even more so than the rest of her family.

Going back to the "bland" discussion, the reason so many people thought that was because that's the image she very intentionally put out there for years. From the beginning, the family would always comment on how talkative she is when there are no cameras, and I always believed that. I think she hates/d the cameras, and the only way she could exert some control over their presence in her life was to just not give the public anything. It's how the whole "poor CinderJana" stuff took off--all we saw was her working for her family while not saying much of anything or exhibiting any kind of personality. And then the Josh scandals hit and the family was at risk of losing the easy money, so she started acting like--well, I don't know if "herself," but definitely like a person and not a smiling automaton for the cameras. And maybe that's just a coincidence and it's just that she's older and more comfortable in her skin. But now she's "evolved" into putting her image out there herself and creating a narrative. Her trajectory has been: give them nothing>>>act like the HBIC of this house that I am because I can no longer get away with not pulling my weight in the TLC family business>>>hey I can make many by just posting cute pictures of myself on istagram without having to answer stupid producer questions!"

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Maxwells did that for a photo of them with some friends. One of the friends was in jeans and they made it look like a skirt. Here's the photo (girl farthest to right). 

image.thumb.png.b64f8b5d4b4d06977446e925f27a8b25.png

It doesn't surprise me that the Maxwells did this, especially since these are their friends. (Maxwell friends must be Godly). But it surprises me the more wordly Duggars did this, especially to young ladies they don't know.

How pathetic. Its one thing if the person in the picture said to cover up or change something. I would be insulted. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This was his comment:

4D0817C2-A4F0-48F5-8852-B64F9FD8A2AD.jpeg

So he left an idiotic and deeply false comment.

Not to mention a comment designed to boost Gothardism, which the Bateses now spend a fair amount of energy pretending they don't do. (but of course they do do it, because they make money from it -- )

Yeah. That's Lawson Bates. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

This was his comment:

4D0817C2-A4F0-48F5-8852-B64F9FD8A2AD.jpeg

Lawson must be feeling down over something.  I hate that he continues to stoke the leghumpers imaginations in order to make himself feel better.  The rote "Jana and I are jus good friends " will show up on his social media in a few days once he is done basking in the attention.   I find this pattern to be extremely shitty to Jana.  

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

So he left an idiotic and deeply false comment.

Not to mention a comment designed to boost Gothardism, which the Bateses now spend a fair amount of energy pretending they don't do. (but of course they do do it, because they make money from it -- )

Yeah. That's Lawson Bates. 

AND leavin off his Gs! 🤣

• LOL 8

Wow I just looked it up and Lawson Bates is 27, just 2 1/2 years younger than Jana. He seems SO much more immature than her, I really thought there was a bigger gap. I almost wonder if there's always been some sort of "understanding" between the Bates and Duggars for Lawson and Jana but they waited to give him some time to be single and "sow his wild oats". That's the same gap between Ben and Jessa so I could see it happening. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 8/15/2019 at 1:00 PM, BitterApple said:

I think they drew them on with MS Paint. The girl on the left has a burgundy-ish tank, and it looks like they colored black over it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2