Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190803-110513_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.a97ea011262faef5d6dbaa0c942aea75.jpg

She looks cute here. It is sort of strange she hasn't posted any picture with Jinger or Felicity since she's obviously there visiting them.

I would wear this dress right now. The shoes as well (I’m not a hat person, only for warmth). 

• Love 6

Well that's very business minded. Plan to bring your freebies on your trip to take pictures for shilling.

Unlike Jill who stops at the nearest driveway or curb and has her 3 year old take a squinty eyed picture of her in wrinkled clothing.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 18
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That dress looks really good on Jana. Much more flattering than the other one she was shilling.

Code JANA15 nets you an extra 15 months of sigledom and dress modeling, if you’re interested.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

That first picture looks nothing like her to me. I can see her in the closer photo, but it takes looking back and forth between the two of them for me to see that they are both the same person. I don't know if it's the hair color, or the angle of her head which makes her teeth look much more squared off in the first photo, or what, but I just don't see Jana in it at all. , an

I do like the dress, though, and the pictures are quite nice.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

That first picture looks nothing like her to me. I can see her in the closer photo, but it takes looking back and forth between the two of them for me to see that they are both the same person. I don't know if it's the hair color, or the angle of her head which makes her teeth look much more squared off in the first photo, or what, but I just don't see Jana in it at all. , an

I do like the dress, though, and the pictures are quite nice.

I thought it was just me as well. I've noticed for quite some time now that she can look pretty darn different from picture to picture. Again, i don't know if it's my eyes, or the light, angle, makeup, or if she has super powers. 

D4C1C733-2060-4221-B1D3-D10D9AC8E120.thumb.JPG.44edbba1f59e2930a2ad27c208d4cd21.JPG

In the top left picture, I thought she used the aging app. She looks 40 in that pic. Still very beautiful, I'm not saying she looks bad and I don't like critiquing people's appearances, but is it just me or has she aged a good bit these past couple of years?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190803-110513_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.a97ea011262faef5d6dbaa0c942aea75.jpg

She looks cute here. It is sort of strange she hasn't posted any picture with Jinger or Felicity since she's obviously there visiting them.

Is it normal for dresses to look like there’s another dress underneath?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Is it normal for dresses to look like there’s another dress underneath?

She's probably wearing a slip underneath.  Yuck!  Sweaty polyester underneath a dress defeats the coolness of a loose dress.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

She's probably wearing a slip underneath.  Yuck!  Sweaty polyester underneath a dress defeats the coolness of a loose dress.

I agree, though it looks like a dark-colored one, which is just not a good idea with a dress that is lighter than the slip. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I would wear this dress right now. The shoes as well (I’m not a hat person, only for warmth). 

That dress really does look good on her. Unlike When Jill models clothes and they’re all wrinkly and I’ll fitting.

• Love 5

I wish Jeremy would say FU to MEchelle and Boob and just hook Jana up with one of his soccer buddies while she is visiting. Then have Jana never to return to the TT house. Watching those heads explode would be priceless...

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
53 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I wish Jeremy would say FU to MEchelle and Boob and just hook Jana up with one of his soccer buddies while she is visiting. Then have Jana never to return to the TT house. Watching those heads explode would be priceless...

Jeremy has made it clear that women are to be subservient to men. He attends a seminary that won't admit women, won't let them on the faculty because they are not good enough to preach to men.  He signed that manifesto which outlined the 'Biblical' role that women must fill.  There is no way he hooks Jana up with a non-believer, let alone does so without her father's approval.  She is chattel in his eyes.  Even if he did, I think he'd try to find her a guy whose thoughts on the subject coincided with his own.

I don't think Jeremy has a lot of love or respect for JB and MeChelle, but I think he shares their beliefs about a woman's role in the world.

• Love 17
22 hours ago, Lunera said:

I read somewhere that  Ben, Jessa & family are out visiting the Vuolos & Jana went along as the sister helper.  I think it mentioned Laura was there as well. Did we talk about it?

Pardon my post if it was already discussed that the Seewalds are in CA for a visit. Hard to keep track since the trip is being talked about on different threads. I do remember the picture Jana took of Spurge but not sure if it said they were in CA at the time. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Lunera said:

In the second pic, it looks like she's about to throw that hat into the air, ala Mary Tyler Moore. Oops, we all know she's not gonna make it after all......

Why do all those hideous fundy dresses have that high waist? To segue into inevitable pregnancy? That stripey one has the worst, ill-fitting hip action going on ....maybe its jodhpur-like for carousel horse rides?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Jeremy has made it clear that women are to be subservient to men. He attends a seminary that won't admit women, won't let them on the faculty because they are not good enough to preach to men.  He signed that manifesto which outlined the 'Biblical' role that women must fill.  There is no way he hooks Jana up with a non-believer, let alone does so without her father's approval.  She is chattel in his eyes.  Even if he did, I think he'd try to find her a guy whose thoughts on the subject coincided with his own.

I don't think Jeremy has a lot of love or respect for JB and MeChelle, but I think he shares their beliefs about a woman's role in the world.

Oh, I know this, it was just wishful thinking on my part in imaginary land..lol Maybe I should've added that I wish he would go back to his "sinful" ways and do this..lol

• Love 4

Jana needs to lighten up with the eyebrow pencil and the hair color.  She is very pretty as a blonde, the darker hair ages her, in my opinion.  The eyebrows are wayyyyy too harsh.  She looks like she take makeup tips from Mariah Brown.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 8/3/2019 at 10:18 PM, Spencer Hastings said:

Jana is like a changeling. Her appearance changes based on how the light hits her, her hair color, how much teeth she shows, what she’s wearing, and the angle of the wind. It’s quite impressive. 

Sounds like she'd make a good secret agent, lol.  Blending into the crowd and never looking the same way twice!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 8/3/2019 at 7:18 AM, floridamom said:

Man, Jana wears the dowdiest, dreariest colors on earth. She's not dressing so well these days, sad to say. The personality she has shown us on TV matches this. The woman has no life to her.

MeChelle must have inherited the polka dot dress as seen in the above picture hence why Jana is left with the drab wear.

• Love 2
On 8/4/2019 at 10:20 AM, drafan said:

In the second pic, it looks like she's about to throw that hat into the air, ala Mary Tyler Moore. Oops, we all know she's not gonna make it after all......

Why do all those hideous fundy dresses have that high waist? To segue into inevitable pregnancy? That stripey one has the worst, ill-fitting hip action going on ....maybe its jodhpur-like for carousel horse rides?

Curves are the devils playground

17 hours ago, Lunera said:

Not one other sister posted anything about National Sisters Day.

8 pictures 

I feel for Johanna wearing Josh's face.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Those sub-12 year olds are so over sharing a room with a 30 year old.

Given the extent of abuse being brought to light in the Duggar's circle, they should adopt rules like the modern Catholic Church.  I have volunteered as a chaperone for youth events and I had to undergo diocesan mandatory training on abuse.  On an overnight trip, I am not allowed to sleep in the same room as the children--this goes for both males and females.  On one trip, the adults had their own separate shower.  My mom just got back from a church trip where she almost had to sleep in the same room as the other male chaperones whom she barely knew.  And this is all done in the name of keeping the kids safe.  

Jana should not be sharing a room and bathroom with her younger sisters.  

• Love 9

I'm almost 100% sure that Jana is still in that room to protect those girls from any potential shenanigans. Besides Jana, there are a bunch of boys in the frisky stage and then throw in J'Tyler. After the Josh thing, she likely feels like she can't leave those girls. There's Jana then  six boys/men  (Jed, Jer, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson) older than all of the girls and then J'Tyler who is a couple of years younger than Hannie. In her mind all of those males may be potential abusers. 

On 8/5/2019 at 7:13 PM, Lunera said:

8 pictures 

Well, the other ones pictured have husbands and children.  So sisters take a back seat to selfies and poultry and chicken shilling. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Well, the other ones pictured have husbands and children.  So sisters take a back seat to selfies and poultry and chicken shilling. 

Plus....Did everybody here but me also know that it was National Sisters Day? ....

Thinking that, what with the children and all, the others may not even know such a day exists.

And that most people other than Jana don't? Or at least a lot of people. I sure didn't. (National Brothers Day, I now know, is sometime in May, if you're wondering.) 

• Love 3
On 8/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, Lunera said:

8 pictures 

Is that Jill between Jana and Jessa? She looks weird in that pic. The only thing that confirmed her identity for me is the forehead wrinkles. Not a good thing for someone in their 20s...

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Given the extent of abuse being brought to light in the Duggar's circle, they should adopt rules like the modern Catholic Church.  I have volunteered as a chaperone for youth events and I had to undergo diocesan mandatory training on abuse.  On an overnight trip, I am not allowed to sleep in the same room as the children--this goes for both males and females.  On one trip, the adults had their own separate shower.  My mom just got back from a church trip where she almost had to sleep in the same room as the other male chaperones whom she barely knew.  And this is all done in the name of keeping the kids safe.  

With all due respect I wouldn't hold the Catholic Church as an exemplar of keeping kids safe - even in 2019.

Also, why shouldn't Jana be sharing a bathroom with her younger siblings?

• Love 20
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

With all due respect I wouldn't hold the Catholic Church as an exemplar of keeping kids safe - even in 2019.

Also, why shouldn't Jana be sharing a bathroom with her younger siblings?

Yes I agree with you. I would like Jana to have her own bedroom and bathroom for her own comfort and privacy, because she’s a 30 years old woman, but her sharing one with her little sisters doesn't make her little sisters less safe from abuse. 

After what Josh did, I 100% think Jana is there with the girls safety in mind. I think she trusts JD 100% (being her twin and all, and a teenager too when Josh was being a predator) but the other boys not so much. Not saying she believes one of them would hurt the girls, but she knows how her parents handled it and wouldn’t want history to repeat itself.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I just wish Jana had the power to decide for herself without worrying about consequences for the younger girls.  And if she thought there were no threats and she wanted her own space she could have it

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

In no way am I trying to demean your faith itself, but the Catholic Church is about the last place I would look for suggestions on how to keep children safe.

• Love 14
On 8/7/2019 at 12:01 AM, jcbrown said:

Is that Jill between Jana and Jessa? She looks weird in that pic. The only thing that confirmed her identity for me is the forehead wrinkles. Not a good thing for someone in their 20s...

It looks weird because of the grain.  Either Jessa doesn't have a steady phone-camera hand, or someone took a picture-of-a-picture of a printed paper photograph and uploaded that.

• Useful 2
On 8/6/2019 at 11:01 PM, jcbrown said:

That first pic is from a few years ago, isn't it? Jana and Jessa look better than they do now, Jinger looks worse, and Jill looks almost unrecognizable. I had to look at the teeth and gums to confirm it was Jill. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Portia said:

That first pic is from a few years ago, isn't it? Jana and Jessa look better than they do now, Jinger looks worse, and Jill looks almost unrecognizable. I had to look at the teeth and gums to confirm it was Jill. 

I think the photo is generally unflattering to all of them in the way that most selfies are.  Nobody looks that good from 6 inches away.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I knew I had seen this picture before. This was posted on the Duggar Instagram on September 2018. It was taken in Oklahoma when she was helping plan JDs wedding. 

With two left legs?

• LOL 8

I don't think Jana is boring or bland. She's the only one at home who has a creative outlet. Whether you like her decorating or not, at least she's doing something. She has a garden that is also kept neat and decorated; she has an outside area for relaxing. To me, this means she reading and/or watching videos to learn how to do these things. The rest of the adult Duggars seemingly do nothing all day. Even the younger Duggars don't seem to have any interests beyond what JimBob and Michelle deem important. Jana has worked within that system to find ways to grow. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 20