Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Honestly if I were Jana, I'd be spending a lot of time with Amy and her mom (and also with grandma) right about now. Amy is always dating and can possibly introduce Jana to normal Christian men. Even if she can't or Jana is unsure about going behind her parents' back like that, I think that Amy and her mom are more normal in their religious/societal views, so that they won't be giving Jana the constant -- poor you, you're 24 and unmarried look that I suspect she is likely getting from Jessa and maybe even from Jill. Amy is about 25 and happily playing the field, and Amy's mom married later on; they both seem to get that there is more to life than marrying as young as possible and having as many babies as possible. And I feel like JB and Michelle may not be able to say no to Jana wanting to hang with her cousin and aunt -- after all they are family and are local, so it's not like she's asking to go visit a long lost friend in Hawaii.

• Love 2

Honestly if I were Jana, I'd be spending a lot of time with Amy and her mom (and also with grandma) right about now. Amy is always dating and can possibly introduce Jana to normal Christian men. Even if she can't or Jana is unsure about going behind her parents' back like that, I think that Amy and her mom are more normal in their religious/societal views, so that they won't be giving Jana the constant -- poor you, you're 24 and unmarried look that I suspect she is likely getting from Jessa and maybe even from Jill. Amy is about 25 and happily playing the field, and Amy's mom married later on; they both seem to get that there is more to life than marrying as young as possible and having as many babies as possible. And I feel like JB and Michelle may not be able to say no to Jana wanting to hang with her cousin and aunt -- after all they are family and are local, so it's not like she's asking to go visit a long lost friend in Hawaii.

Really, cereality. Jana doesn't have time to go flouncing off with Amy and the fun bunch. She's got responsibilities. My God. Jill married, Jessa soon gone. All those siblings. Niece and nephews. Those kids aren't going to raise themselves. I'm sure Bitchell and Smugganna would agree: she can't be spared.

/sarc off

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 1

Jana is stunning!

There have to be dudes pounding on JB's door looking to get with her.

Jana has a gentleness about her, and it shows in her eyes.

I'm sure that she would be a very loving and nurturing wife and mother - everything that a potential suitor would want.

It just seems that Jana has to take a back seat to her younger sisters, especially Jessa, because she dares to express her emotions and "not keep sweet". i.e. her favorite jewelry piece that she had to give to Jessa, when it was Jessa being the brat.

JB will have to loosen his grip at some point, I just hope that Jana does find happiness.

• Love 2

Hmm the Boob Jr family was spotted in Indiana and yesterday in Villa Park, IL at a Walmart. That Walmart is near Gothard cult headquarters. I hope they didn't drop Jana off there? Other speculation is that TFDW was having a gender reveal party for his newest blessing. 

Has anyone ever wondered why these people always have parties? Who the heck has that much time on their hands?

Hmm the Boob Jr family was spotted in Indiana and yesterday in Villa Park, IL at a Walmart. That Walmart is near Gothard cult headquarters. I hope they didn't drop Jana off there? Other speculation is that TFDW was having a gender reveal party for his newest blessing. 

Has anyone ever wondered why these people always have parties? Who the heck has that much time on their hands?

When you don't have a job like normal people and "earn" income by giving bullshit speeches at churches and getting handouts from parishioners...you probably have more time to party.

If Jana wants to make a run for it, you can put my house down as a safe house on the Trail to Freedom.

• Love 4

Jana seem so shy, I have a hard time picturing her being willing (or even able) to deal with and participate in the circus surrounding filmed Duggar courtships and engagements ala Jill and Jessa. I can't picture her posing for and posting numerous selfies with a guy, gushing on the show about her romance, running around on things like corny filmed scavenger hunts, being comfortable with Skype calls and chaperoned dates being filmed, and the list goes on. My hope is that she has someone special in her life (if she wants that) and that it is clear to her family that she is unwilling/unable to have it be filmed, and Boob is willing/forced to go along with that.

• Love 1

Me too @Fuzzysox I live in Chicago and I can rescue Jana too. Although my apartment might shock her because it is filled with LGBT stuff (lesbian here) and gasp books, dvds and cds with explicit material.

I feel so sorry for her and Joy Anna and Hannie. They seem to be the ones who could adapt to the outside world the fastest out of the girls.

• Love 8

As hard as it might be for Jana to continue to live at home, and being the oldest unmarried daughter, I'm thinking that even if she stays home and doesn't marry until 30 or so (I doubt very much that Jim Bob and Michelle would want her home forever, they probably view an unmarried daugher as a failure )...by the next 4-5 years her life at home will become easier overall. The little girls won't be so little anymore, Josie, Jordyn and Jennifer will be 9, 10 and 12 years old, old enough to help with laundry, cooking and cleaning. Some of the older boys will likely be married and out of the house as well. And if she does marry at 30, it's also likely she won't have a dozen children, either.  Hopefully she meets a man who lives far away and she can move with him and have her own life away from her parents. 

I always liked Jinger because she actually showed some real emotion besides happiness and "being blessed" all the time. She rolled her eyes, would give people looks like "what the heck?!" and was more outspoken. However, I do agree that she and Jessa dumped the big workload on Jill and Jana, which isn't fair.

Now she's not that way anymore. We'll see what happens...

• Love 2

Hate to say it, but looking back on old episodes, I don't think Jinger's eye rolls and side-eyes are in rebellion. I think she's actually smug smirking at how weird and lame everyone else is to her Special Family. She just expresses her smugness a little differently, but she shares the thoughts that the Duggars are Special Snowflakes.

• Love 3

I think Jana is with Anna so she doesn't have to be around all the wedding crap. She either is jealous/sad about the whole thing, or has no interest because they just had a wedding two freaking months ago. Otherwise wouldn't you be excited for your sister to get married and want to help out? Seems weird to me if they are all supposed to be best friends that you would want to skip out on your "best friends" wedding planning.

I caught some sort of TLC Duggar rewind or whatever they were calling it, at 1 this morning. It was the Niagara Falls trip. I didn't watch all of it, but Jinger was giving awesome side eye to her family. She's so over them, it looked like she was debating going over the falls in a barrel to get away. 

• Love 1

What's there to plan though? Jessa is using the same decorations, the guest list will be the same, the food probably 95% the same, and honestly, Jana didn't do a bang up job on the alterations she made to those bridesmaid dresses the first time around. This is the longest vacation Jana's had in her life from her full-time job. Even if I wasn't upset, I'd be playing the I'm so bummed out card for as long as I could, just to get a break. She hasn't been raising siblings or doing everyone with 20 other people and actually got to possibly enjoy some of the places she's been without 17 younger siblings and her moron parents for the last 2 months. 

• Love 4

If that is the case, I wouldn't blame Jana. Jessa is a smug brat who probably wouldn't appreciate her help anyways, so why should Jana bust her ass to help with the wedding?

I agree she did a horrible job with the bridesmaid's dresses. Anna seems to sew pretty well, they probably should have had her do the modifications.

• Love 1

What's there to plan though? Jessa is using the same decorations, the guest list will be the same, the food probably 95% the same, and honestly, Jana didn't do a bang up job on the alterations she made to those bridesmaid dresses the first time around. This is the longest vacation Jana's had in her life from her full-time job. Even if I wasn't upset, I'd be playing the I'm so bummed out card for as long as I could, just to get a break. She hasn't been raising siblings or doing everyone with 20 other people and actually got to possibly enjoy some of the places she's been without 17 younger siblings and her moron parents for the last 2 months. 

Since I'm expecting both weddings to be thoroughly filmed as well as the receptions, I'm slightly fascinated by watching first one and then a second wedding with all the same stuff. I'm not actually disapproving. I've just never seen it before. 

I knew a girl (back in the 80's) who shared a wedding dress with her sister (they wore the same size). They got married within a year of each other and decided to buy one really nice dress they both loved and then changed up the look. One girl had a traditional veil and a train and the other girl removed the train and had a simple veil. And of course everything else was different. I didn't attend either wedding, but saw pictures and they totally pulled it off.

ETA, fixed typo.

Edited by LazyToaster
  • Love 1

I honestly feel that for Jana to not have married by now, it has to be JBoob's and JChelle's doing. She is pretty, she's "sweet" and shy and doesn't talk much (that we see), and everyone knows she can take care of kids. Why wouldn't a nice fundy boy or his family have pushed courtship? Especially in a celebrity family like the Duggars. I'm not buying it. There has to be intervention in there somewhere.

I don't think JD is going to stay fundy and if he does, it will only be in appearances. Maybe he and Jana are going to make a run for it. One can hope.

I live in Maryland. I'll be Jana's safehouse if she's still with Smugz.

• Love 7

People who don't work normal jobs, send their kids to school, be involved in anything except their home churches, don't go to movies, sporting events, concerts, watch tv, read books, etc., have lots of time to "fellowship."

• Love 4

My theory:  Jana is in love with TLC crew member.  She refutes any potential suitors suggested by her father saying she is not attracted to them or finds a reason to not court.   She cannot imagine herself with another man and will keep her secret intense love of a crew member a secret that she will take to the grave.  She would rather remain single than lose the fantasy of marrying this man.

• Love 8

My theory:  Jana is in love with TLC crew member.  She refutes any potential suitors suggested by her father saying she is not attracted to them or finds a reason to not court.   She cannot imagine herself with another man and will keep her secret intense love of a crew member a secret that she will take to the grave.  She would rather remain single than lose the fantasy of marrying this man.

They have hushed, hurried conversations in the rare moments they can steal away from the rest of the bunch. He promises to save her from this life, let her go to college and become the free woman she's meant to be.  But there's a complication...Jana must bring Joy Anna, so their escape plan is just a little more complicated and thus, it will take more time to plan.

It's like a soap opera! Days of Our Fundie Life!

• Love 9

I bet it's Frank Sun.  He's just adorable.  And he was the one who went with them on their mission trip to Asia - he's had time to get to know her without the Howlers climbing the walls around them...

• Love 4

I think the Hartono boy is adorable as well and the younger kids clearly adore him and his sister Jennifer. 

At this point I have no doubt Boob is holding up Jana's prospects because he knows J'Chelle will lose it if one more nanny flies the coop. It makes no sense that she can't find a decent guy. She's gorgeous, in good physical shape, kind, giving and great with kids. What man wouldn't want her? 

• Love 5

This has been my theory forever. My guess: Frank Sun. He's adorable. 

I bet it's Frank Sun.  He's just adorable.

Great minds ... :)

Edited by Literata
  • Love 1

Is Frank Sun unacceptable to JB because he's not Fundi or because he's Asian?  At least he has a job, unlike Bin...  I fear that Jana feels a "calling" to stick it out for her younger siblings and not abandon them to what she knows to be basically uncaring sisters or a whacked-out mother, much like the religious life (a calling to be a nun).  If Josie is assigned to her --  I mean, her buddy -- that's gonna be a lifetime proposition right there.  Or maybe she is just loathe to leave Joyless Anna holding the bag.  She seems very fond of her.  Jana is a saint?

• Love 4

I wonder if Jim Bob is holding out for a senator's son, or someone like that, to ask for Jana's hand. After all, his buddy Gil Bates had one of his daughter's marry a guy like that, and the way they parade around and campaign every couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he's looking for. At least one of his daughters has to marry a guy who's either got political connections or is rich/famous in some other way.

Here's something to consider: a lot of fundamentalists don't want attention, because they feel that calling attention to themselves is 1) not modest 2) not part of their mission and 3) potentially dangerous because they often already feel that they are separate from society and at least benignly misunderstood, if not outright condemned for some of their beliefs and practices. Some are not even evangelical - they believe that if God wants you to be save HE will bring YOU to THEM. It's not their responsibility to go out and find you.

So the Duggars get all of this attention and sure enough, we have spotlights on Doug Phillips from Vision Forum, and Michael Farris at Patrick Henry College and Bill Gothard himself. I half suspect there are some who feel that if the Duggars could have just been " less encouraging" perhaps some of this could have been "handled internally" ( or not at all.)

Bottom line - there may not be a Senator's son waiting for Jana. There may only be more Ben Seewalds.

• Love 1

Bottom line - there may not be a Senator's son waiting for Jana. There may only be more Ben Seewalds.

Sadly, I think you're right. Not too many grown men are going to want to live under their father-in-law's thumb. We've already seen a huge disparity between Boob's treatment of Derick and his treatment of Bin. Gil Bates seems a lot more relaxed and willing to let his married children be independent. 

I think Jana should go the route of Anna's sister Rebecca and marry someone who's Conservative Christian, but not Gothard. She'll have a better chance of finding a man capable of supporting her, yet still be able to share her faith.

• Love 1

I'd like to thank this board in part for the dream I had last night about being involved with Jana and John David escaping the Duggar compound and driving north. It involved fugitive searches, hiding from Jim Bob, selling the car we were in and buying a new, unidentifiable one, and me contacting people on these forums who have mentioned where they live for safe asylum. If anyone's wondering, they made it north. Thanks to anyone here who was involved. (I think I'll blame the nachos I had for dinner for this one...)

• Love 11

I live north of them. Jana can come to my home. It would be quite an adjustment though: I only have 2 kids and she wouldn't have to keep track of my menstrual cycles. The trade off would be freedom to come and go as she pleased. She could even have her own adult room.

• Love 7

I feel so bad for Jana. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for her growing up. Having your spirit blanket-trained out of you, forced to give your only prized possession to your bully, dragged to weight watchers as a fit teen, forced into slave labor raising a dozen children for your lazy-ass mom.

I wonder what she really thinks of all this. I have to imagine she's questioned this or had some crisis of faith at some point. She's probably too afraid to even let herself have these thoughts for fear she'll wind up at some pervert's journey to the heart program.

She's so pretty; I love her straight hair. Maybe she finally started wearing it how she wants after learning the truth about Gothard the perv. Free Jana! You deserve so so much better girl!

• Love 10

I feel so bad for Jana. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for her growing up.

Agreed. And I think a lot has happened regarding Jana that we'll never know. I vaguely remember something on the TWoP boards about a Gothard program she was sent to, and she made a comment about praying that she would love her family, and about having trouble with a family member ... but maybe she was just referring to the issues she and Jessa had as kids.

I still hope beyond hope that maybe, just maybe, she's involved with someone who's not crazy, and that she'll have a chance to have a more-normal existence. And not that I think 24 is old, by any means -- I was married at 24, and I knew nothing -- I can't help thinking there's a secret reason she hasn't courted yet, at least not publicly. 

Sorry, I am still shipping the fact that Jana is on Frank Sun's Tumblr. 

If only there could be something happening there... 

I am, too. I think that them getting together would be great for Jana. He seems like a nice person and she would get to live more of a normal life.

Does anyone know why Jana went to Journey to the Heart all those times? 

Edited by heckyeahheartland