Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I’ll cut Jana a little slack. As the oldest girl with a twin and older brother, maybe she participated a bit in the home repair projects growing up. Maybe she showed an interest in home decorating/repairs and that became their “thing”, something that he didn’t have as much in common with the other kids. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Stacey1014 said:

I’ll cut Jana a little slack. As the oldest girl with a twin and older brother, maybe she participated a bit in the home repair projects growing up. Maybe she showed an interest in home decorating/repairs and that became their “thing”, something that he didn’t have as much in common with the other kids. 

The other kids don't seem to have true outside hobbies or interests. They seem to have their interests and hobbies foisted on them rather than have them grow organically. JD seems to like being a pilot so all the other boys have to be pilots. Etc.

I did see someone call Jana The Great Value Joanna Gaines but at least her interest in decorating and renos seems genuine even if they aren't exactly all that interesting.

• Love 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, floridamom said:

I would like to know from Jana how Jim Bob specifically pushes her out of her comfort zone? Does he require her to actually leave the TTH and go out in the world to Walmart for a gallon of milk with an accountability partner? I think maybe that terrifies Jana? That woman of 29 needs a lot of help if you ask me. 

Instagram account?  She did just create one in the past year where before only the marrieds had one.  Then because she got a lot of followers in a short period of time, she is now doing sponsored posts.  Jana may not like having to take pictures of herself in free clothes and then posting the pictures on a medium for profit.  While her profile is more carefully constructed than Jill's, Jessa's or Siren's, she may detest having to create these posts.  We also don't know where the money ends up once the checks are cut.  Is this Jana's money that she can save for her future, or is it going straight to JB?

Edited by Ohiopirate02
type changed the whole meaning of my sentence
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, floridamom said:

I would like to know from Jana how Jim Bob specifically pushes her out of her comfort zone? Does he require her to actually leave the TTH and go out in the world to Walmart for a gallon of milk with an accountability partner? I think maybe that terrifies Jana? That woman of 29 needs a lot of help if you ask me. 

It’s possible to be pushed backwards out of your comfort zone instead of forwards, I suppose. Maybe Jana was uncomfortable worshipping Josh. Maybe she thought she didn’t need to be supervised taking a shower. Maybe she wanted a pet rat instead of a dog? Maybe being shadowed by the accountability partner finally made her uncomfortable!

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Instagram account?  She did just create one in the past year where before only the marrieds had one.  Then because she got a lot of followers in a short period of time, she is not doing sponsored posts.  Jana may not like having to take pictures of herself in free clothes and then posting the pictures on a medium for profit.  While her profile is more carefully constructed than Jill's, Jessa's or Siren's, she may detest having to create these posts.  We also don't know where the money ends up once the checks are cut.  Is this Jana's money that she can save for her future, or is it going straight to JB?

Jana has shilled for Poultry and Chicken (winky) and another company whose real name escapes me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jana has shilled for Poultry and Chicken (winky) and another company whose real name escapes me. 

I realize I had a typo that changed the whole meaning of that sentence--now doing sponsored posts intead of not doing sponsored posts.  I still do find it odd that Jana had zero social media presence for years and then, bam she's on Instagram.  She barely posts anything and gains almost half a million followers in 6 months.  And she almost immediately starts the sponsored posts.  I do wonder if JB is pushing her on social media for extra income.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

JHC, look at the belly on Jim Bob. I guess the middle-aged spread finally caught up to him. 

He's been playing "now you see it, now you don't" with the middle age spread for a number of years now. Sometimes he looks as though he's really losing weight, then suddenly it's back again. Or maybe his Spanx give out and he needs to spring for some new ones occasionally....

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

"He's my daddy and I'm his little girl."  ! 

I get the feeling that this is how Jana wants to remain, and it may be that JB actually wishes she’d move along and get married. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Sure, Jana. Boob pushes you out of your comfort zone yet you're not allowed to go to college or trade school or hold a job or leave the freaking State without an accountability partner. These kids have no clue.

When I read that my mind immediately went to her stint as a doula while Jill was doing her fake midwifery training. Jana was so clearly not into it at all and I think JB pushed her into it so she could be Jill's accountability partner. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

When I read that my mind immediately went to her stint as a doula while Jill was doing her fake midwifery training. Jana was so clearly not into it at all and I think JB pushed her into it so she could be Jill's accountability partner. 

She flat out said she didn't like it on the show during a talking head.  Yet, they never explained why she was doing it with her.  WE all kn ow why, right?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

She flat out said she didn't like it on the show during a talking head.  Yet, they never explained why she was doing it with her.  WE all kn ow why, right?

Because daddy said so?

• Love 2

Michael Bates said the same thing on instagram (about being Daddy's little girl).  I find it creepy.  You can be a grown woman and love your Dad.  Who wants to be Daddy's little girl forever?  Yuck.  

• Love 12
11 hours ago, lascuba said:

"Jill wants to be a midwife so I have to do some sort of midwifery thing."

Much like the other boys getting their pilot licenses because JD likes being a pilot. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Michael Bates said the same thing on instagram (about being Daddy's little girl).  I find it creepy.  You can be a grown woman and love your Dad.  Who wants to be Daddy's little girl forever?  Yuck.  

That makes me feel even worse for Michael, because if you watch the show, she is clearly not either of her parent's favorite. 

• Love 1
On 6/17/2019 at 5:41 AM, floridamom said:

When she was 7,  he gave her a real live baby to raise. Then he made her grow up on tv.

• Love 10
On 6/17/2019 at 4:46 AM, truebluesmoky said:

JB is a giver & humble...right we’ve all seen that giving humble guy on tv haven’t we? Couldn’t have prayed for a better dad..actually you really could have and she what’s to marry someone like him one day? Oh Jana please get better standards than JB. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I remember her saying she wasn't interested in midwifery but I missed her saying she disliked being a doula. Wow.

That's one of the many things that annoy me about them--they don't even have the courage of their convictions to be honest about why they do the things they do. They're so proud of doing things "a little differently" or whatever, but they can't even admit that JB required that Jill have a chaperone during her "midwifery" "training" and Jana was the one volunteered into that position by taking doula training so she'd have a seemingly legitimate reason to be around. And it's so stupid to keep that secret because a)we already KNOW why and b)it's not like it's that much weirder than their whole courtship model. 

• Love 9
On 6/17/2019 at 5:46 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Or maybe his Spanx give out and he needs to spring for some new ones occasionally....

All day long I laughed at this. I was at a stoplight and the phrase "his spanks gave out" kept running thru my mind. I laughed so hard I though I was going to choke.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, BetyBee said:

In anyone not a fundy I don’t find it creepy. It’s like when Moms say “not matter how old you get you’ll always be my baby”. Of all of the weird ass shit these people do that doesn’t bother me. Neither does “Mommy/Daddy”- I’m 33 and as far from fundy as you can get and my mother is still “Mommy” or “maternal unit” when I’m being snarky. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

In anyone not a fundy I don’t find it creepy. It’s like when Moms say “not matter how old you get you’ll always be my baby”. Of all of the weird ass shit these people do that doesn’t bother me. Neither does “Mommy/Daddy”- I’m 33 and as far from fundy as you can get and my mother is still “Mommy” or “maternal unit” when I’m being snarky. 

So agree with this! My dad was my guy until the day he died. And I had been married over 20 years at that point! I didn’t call myself daddy’s girl, or hope to be supported, but we just got each other. And I know women who are bffs forever with their mothers. My cousins forever said mommy and daddy. The difference is we aren’t living at home with absolutely no future anywhere else but what Jim Bob rules. Can you just imagine when he dies and the girls still don’t have a headship?!! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Can you just imagine when he dies and the girls still don’t have a headship?!! 

I've always wondered if tomorrow, something tragic happens to Boob and Hairball (with horrible shoes) what would all the kids do? All of them, young and old?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I've always wondered if tomorrow, something tragic happens to Boob and Hairball (with horrible shoes) what would all the kids do? All of them, young and old?

Post about it, Jill first.

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

So agree with this! My dad was my guy until the day he died. And I had been married over 20 years at that point! I didn’t call myself daddy’s girl, or hope to be supported, but we just got each other. And I know women who are bffs forever with their mothers. My cousins forever said mommy and daddy. The difference is we aren’t living at home with absolutely no future anywhere else but what Jim Bob rules. Can you just imagine when he dies and the girls still don’t have a headship?!! 

Other than Jana, Jim Bob is marrying the girls off at a faster clip than the boys. I think it's more like "Can you just imagine when he dies, and Jana is still running the TTH and the boys are still sitting around waiting to be told what to do?" 

• Love 5

Unless the Duggars are close personal friends with Chip and Joanna (and I don't think they are) it's kinda sad and a little creepy the way they idolize the Gaines. The Duggars are like Fixer Upper groupies.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Unless the Duggars are close personal friends with Chip and Joanna (and I don't think they are) it's kinda sad and a little creepy the way they idolize the Gaines. The Duggars are like Fixer Upper groupies.

They really aren't allowed a whole lot of choices, are they?  Their family and like-minded friends.  It's pitiable.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Chip and Joanna aren't stupid; love 'em or hate 'em, they've built an empire on a carefully-crafted image and they have nothing at all to gain by allowing the Duggars to grab onto their coattails. For all the times the Duggars have visited Magnolia Farms, have they ever actually met Chip and Joanna or been photographed with them? Judging by the name tag Joanna's mother is wearing in the photo with Jana, she seems to be some sort of official hostess/greeter at Magnolia. She probably makes polite conversation and poses for pictures with everyone who visits (and they get busloads of visitors every day). She may not have even realized who Jana was. 

Being totally devoid of a sense of irony, the Duggars probably can't see that they're idolizing and chasing after the Gainses in exactly the same way that Jill Rodrigues idolizes and chases after them (and with just about as much success).

Fundy classism. There isn't an ism they don't love is there?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, wilsie said:

They really aren't allowed a whole lot of choices, are they?  Their family and like-minded friends.  It's pitiable.

I agree about the Duggar's limited choices but how like minded are the Gaines really?

Joanna is a pants wearing college educated businesswoman who works outside the home and gives her husband orders. She wore a defrauding strapless gown for her own wedding (yes it's very sad that I know this) and aligned her business with Target which is the modern day Sodom/Gomorrah to anti-LGBT christians   Yes the Gaines self identify as evangelical christians but they seem worlds away from the Duggar's brand of gothard fundyism. I don't get it.

Back to the thread topic, yes Jana's hair color is nice.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I agree about the Duggar's limited choices but how like minded are the Gaines really?

Joanna is a pants wearing college educated businesswoman who works outside the home and gives her husband orders. She wore a defrauding strapless gown for her own wedding (yes it's very sad that I know this) and aligned her business with Target which is the modern day Sodom/Gomorrah to anti-LGBT christians   Yes the Gaines self identify as evangelical christians but they seem worlds away from the Duggar's brand of gothard fundyism. I don't get it.

Back to the thread topic, yes Jana's hair color is nice.

I think it's that fine line of following their own beliefs but allowing others to follow their own. The Gaines may believe as the Duggars do and are as biased as the Duggars, but not to the point they won't serve the LGBTQ community or go and picket Planned Parenthood, etc. I'm not defending the Gaines - just giving my opinion of what I see.

Or...  the Gaines are selling their souls.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

In the flowers picture that's a filter making the flowers look fake. So they probably aren't silk/dried. 

Maybe, but they also pretty much look like varieties which ARE often used for dried flowers, so they may be a work in progress if not already dried. I can see Jana getting into that sort of craft. I do actually think it's quite a pretty picture in any case.

• Love 2