Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Wasn't she just in vegas in the fall - I remember pics from 4 or so months ago. I guess we see why she's in no hurry to be tied down - to a poorer daddy.

Also: Drunk Laura/Jana Vegas wedding. Anything to save the show, right Jim Bob?

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5

How did she score admission to the Las Vegas Market?  It isn't open to the general public.  And she sure as heck is not a professional decorator. 

Mina from Good Bones was there- she had Instagram posts about it.  Obviously, the Scott brothers, but they are locals.  The local news never mentioned that any  HGTV stars were in town, but they don't focus on every event because there are just too many.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

How did she score admission to the Las Vegas Market? 

You have to show proof of trade, so she probably has some sort of license to do Daddy's property flipping or perhaps that's why JB went with her, so she could gain access.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

You have to show proof of trade, so she probably has some sort of license to do Daddy's property flipping or perhaps that's why JB went with her, so she could gain access.

Business license printed off the family inkjet printer. Before they ran a spellcheck. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

what was Laura's employer business after embassy media?

i forgot, some faux house  decorating thing i think

or maybe they got in on Jason's Build Master Construction LLC or Josiah"s Milagro Leather shop LLC or just her own Arbor Acres LLC

Edited by crazy8s
added the LLCs
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The local news never mentioned that any  HGTV stars were in town, but they don't focus on every event because there are just too many.  

I think Tamara Day from Bargain Mansions was there, she was flying from Las Vegas last night. But she didn't post anything on her Instagram about it like Jana did and she's an actual realtor/renovator. 

• Love 1

I found this picture on Reddit. Jana is 30 freaking years old, she does not need JBoob to cling to her like she’s a two year old who’ll run off in the blink of an eye.

And I wonder how Mullet feels about JBoob seeing flyers for sex worker on the street. Even if you don’t take one, they. are. everywhere. Or does he just not tell her? 

C711D350-8B7F-4857-B87B-FCA270AB1349.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I found this picture on Reddit. Jana is 30 freaking years old, she does not need JBoob to cling to her like she’s a two year old who’ll run off in the blink of an eye.

She’s got money stashed in tax shelters and a head full of embsrsssing secrets.  Jim Bob needs to hold on like grim death! 

But seriously, this whole thing gives me a ‘weekend in Vegas with my mistress’ feel.  Creepy. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

And I wonder how Mullet feels about JBoob seeing flyers for sex worker on the street. Even if you don’t take one, they. are. everywhere. Or does he just not tell her? 

What a creep. That's not Bitchelle, he doesn't need to cling to her like that. How sad Jana is 30 and Laura 34 and they're still not allowed to travel alone.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

Putting aside the creepy Jim Bob stuff (like be in your own photo, dude, this one's just for girls!), Jana looks like she just came from the gym or has been sick on the couch for three days. Everyone else looks professional-ish and pulled together and she's in a dumpy brown sweater? C'mon, part of going to these things is looking the part!

• Love 13

She might look totally frumpy, but she's wearing pants! In public. And not under a dress or skirt like she usually does.

(And if she's not, forgive me. It totally looks like it in the picture.)

Edited by beckie
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, beckie said:

She might look totally frumpy, but she's wearing pants! In public. And not under a dress or skirt like she usually does.

Nah, there's a black skirt over the leggings.

• Love 12

JB isn't ever going to let Jana get married. His body language is very controlling in that picture. I think he's made her an extension of Michelle, she has raised his children, run his house, and made his life more pleasant. It's not sexual, just possessive and creepy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I think Jana will get married if she finds someone to marry. JB was possessive of all his daughters before the other older ones married.

JB has also stated he wants/expects all of his children to marry. 

I always no one gets married unless they want to including Jana. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1

Remember back when Jana said she wanted to marry a working man, dirt under fingernails type?  Maybe that's why she hangs at Lowe's or Home Depot with chaperone close at hand.  Or goes to these kinds of things with Daddy - to prescreen potential suitors.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, beckie said:

She's got a skirt on. It's just not easy to see because she's sideways to the camera and the skirt and pants are both black. 

7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Do you think Jana at least got her own hotel room on the trip?

No! .... Besides having no accountability partner in there, JB's too cheap.....But at least she's just sharing the room with one other person, and one in her own age bracket, not a mob of preteens. 

JB might have his own room. But it's probably adjoining the other one. And they leave the door open...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think Jana will get married if she finds someone to marry. JB was possessive of all his daughters before the other older ones married.

JB has also stated he wants/expects all of his children to marry. 

I always no one gets married unless they want to including Jana. 

I agree that Jana's most likely not run into anybody yet that she wants to marry. (...and given what the candidates have almost certainly been like, I can see why...)

At the same time, though, I'm highly skeptical of any implication that Jim Bob always (ever?) states the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

I'm sure he enjoys having an adult woman he can pretty much control completely (and a competent one, no less)  -- and that both he and Meeechelle are secretly very very happy that they retain one fully-grown slave who does all their work and may fulfill that function forever ....

Yeah, God wants them all to marry....but Jim Bob and Meeechelle probably not so much! Although they may very well not admit to themselves that they see it this way. I don't think either honesty or emotional intelligence is a strength of either of those two evil clowns. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, Nysha said:

It's not sexual

976C0A2E-9760-4098-8C1C-C91F72FA67AC.gif

Remember back when Jana said she wanted to marry a working man, dirt under fingernails type?

She’s over 30, honestly the best you could hope for now is one of these reformed rapist types. In her world, there’s really no good ones left. I suppose Jim bucket could hook her up with some naïve Ben type 18-year-old.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

In her world, there’s really no good ones left.

She really needs to be introduced to the Arndt boys.  There's quite a selection and they are pretty handy.  She just needs to be OK with taking a tasteful but critica role in the next pre-launch edit of "Vine Valley" as well as a mother-in-law who exposes her knees.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I agree that Jana's most likely not run into anybody yet that she wants to marry. (...and given what the candidates have almost certainly been like, I can see why...)

At the same time, though, I'm highly skeptical of any implication that Jim Bob always (ever?) states the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

I'm sure he enjoys having an adult woman he can pretty much control completely (and a competent one, no less)  -- and that both he and Meeechelle are secretly very very happy that they retain one fully-grown slave who does all their work and may fulfill that function forever ....

Yeah, God wants them all to marry....but Jim Bob and Meeechelle probably not so much! Although they may very well not admit to themselves that they see it this way. I don't think either honesty or emotional intelligence is a strength of either of those two evil clowns. 

No, I don't get this sense at all, although it is popular internet rumor. I think JB expects all of his children including Jana to marry. Michelle might appreciate having a daughter to do all the work. JB doesn't care about that since it's not his work. The other girls are old enough to take over Jana's duties. 

Even if it was partly true, the ratings for Jana's wedding would be great and JB won't be able to resist that. 

13 hours ago, JoanArc said:

She’s over 30, honestly the best you could hope for now is one of these reformed rapist types. In her world, there’s really no good ones left. I suppose Jim bucket could hook her up with some naïve Ben type 18-year-old.

By "over" 30, she's a few weeks over 30. 

It's also an internet rumor that the only guys left are sex pests.  There may be fundie guys out there we've never heard of. Also some men/male fundies may be putting off marriage for financial security reasons. The Duggar boys marry young, because their father is rich and they're famous "celebrities" with a tv show. Anna married at 20 and still married a sex pest. 

Keep in mind, JB was willing to look outside their fundie world for sons-in-law (not daughters-in-law).

11 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

She really needs to be introduced to the Arndt boys.  There's quite a selection and they are pretty handy.  She just needs to be OK with taking a tasteful but critica role in the next pre-launch edit of "Vine Valley" as well as a mother-in-law who exposes her knees.

The Ardnts are fundie, but marrying an Ardnt would be still marrying out of the Duggar world. The Ardnts started out fundie Catholic and left the Catholics to become a unique blend of Catholic/Baptist theology. If I remember they haven't belonged to any formal church since they left the Catholics. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Nysha said:

Don't all the Arndt sons still live at home and work for their father?

Makes you really wonder -- and also not want to know -- what kind of weird psychological shit has gone on in the household to accomplish that. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

the ratings for Jana's wedding would be great and JB won't be able to resist that. 

And that's one reason I think he's keeping her single. She's his ace in the hole. When the day comes that TLC is finally ready to pull the plug on the show, he'll be able to milk another season by dangling a Jana courtship/wedding in front of them. He'd probably be able to stretch it out for a couple of extra seasons because the fans would just love to see Jana as a new wife and mother.  I've always thought that when the day comes that Jim Bob decides that it's in his best interests for Jana to get married, an eligible suitor will magically appear on the scene and Jana will fall in "love" on cue and obediently walk down the aisle.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

And that's one reason I think he's keeping her single. She's his ace in the hole. When the day comes that TLC is finally ready to pull the plug on the show, he'll be able to milk another season by dangling a Jana courtship/wedding in front of them. He'd probably be able to stretch it out for a couple of extra seasons because the fans would just love to see Jana as a new wife and mother.  I've always thought that when the day comes that Jim Bob decides that it's in his best interests for Jana to get married, an eligible suitor will magically appear on the scene and Jana will fall in "love" on cue and obediently walk down the aisle.

I suppose that's possible. But IMO if TLC gets to the point of pulling the plug it will be because viewer numbers and ratings have dropped, the numbers say that the show isn't a good ROI, and there are shows on TLC at that time with better ratings and ROI. In which case, I doubt TLC will care what the hardcore Duggar fans want to see, because there won't be enough of them to matter to TLC.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

This scenario assumes there is some sort of pool of decent fundie age appropriate men available for Jana to choose from, but they’ve all gotten married by now. No telegenic wedding involves a born again groom who became a junkie at sixteen. And fair or not, Jana also gets less and less telegenic as time goes on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Oh dear, I had a look at their picture. Mixing those genes with Duggar genes isn’t going to produce a very handsome brood.

46 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

And fair or not, Jana also gets less and less telegenic as time goes on. 

Take note Jessa!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I looked up the Arndts and was a bit overwhelmed with how obsessed they were with their hyphenated name gambit. To the point I had to tally how many times they repeated certain names. 🤣🤣🤣

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dariafan said:

If Jana got married ; who would run the house ? 

Jennifer and a bottle of adderall? Siri?  Now that the television show doesn’t really focus on the big house I don’t think they really give a damn about particularly running it well, just staying out of Lolli and Popsi’s hair, and in their good graces.

5 hours ago, kokapetl said:

And ArndtPhotography.com is ... “sluttish”

I do agree that the mother seems like a painted up whore! We were all assuming that it wouldn’t be a punishment marriage for leaving the family.  I think it would be.  I’m agreeing with all the other posters too, seeing a naïve 30-year-old woman get married doesn’t have the same draw as the other girls.

• Love 5

Gee I much rather watch 30 year old/30 something get married than a teenager. Also the audience knows Jana, as opposed to the future daughters-in-law who will be random fundie girls. 

The Ardnts aren't the right kind of fundie. 

If JB and Michelle were shaming Jana for being an older single woman, I'd be annoyed. There's nothing wrong with being older and single. If fundies think most/all women should be married younger, they're wrong about that just like they're wrong about a lot of things. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Can we name five unique things about her? 

I'm not sure I could name five unique things about me or anyone else. My point was people have watched Jana on television since she was 17?. She was about 18 when the show started and younger when the first specials aired.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5

My theory has always been that Jana wants to marry eventually. I don’t think she wants to be hanging around the TTH changing Jim Bob’s diapers in 30 years. But I also don’t think she wanted to become an almost-teen bride and start popping out a baby every two years like her siblings were doing. I don’t think she wants to have 10+ kids and struggle to raise them on a shoestring like she watched her parents do before TLC came knocking, and I think she believes enough in the Gothard/IBLP “rules” that she wouldn’t use any type of birth control. So her only choice was really to wait to marry until she was old enough that she could count on only having a reasonable number of kids.

Plus, things at the TTH are finally getting to a point where Jana has some time to herself. There are no more babies, toddlers, or preschoolers in permanent residence and when the married kids come over Hannie and Jenny are old enough to amuse their offspring. She can do some traveling (and it isn’t even always with Jim Bob along!) and work on her hobbies. She has her own social media accounts so I assume she’s being allowed some internet freedom. Honestly, this is probably the best she’s ever had it there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Whatever Jana wants, she's likely feeling conflicted. If she wants to remain single, it goes against everything she's been told growing up. If she wants to be married, she's probably feeling old because of everything she's been told growing up. Either scenario keeps her in a home dependent on a man.

• Love 5

Personally I find her fascinating in that she IS bucking the patriarchy by being one of the most visible fundie daughters and still being unmarried. Jana is attractive and on the surface meets every single fundie checkbox. So why is she unmarried? I could see if she was one of the more unfortunate looking women out there in the fundie world, but she's not. There have got to be TONS of fundie men who would/would've loved to trap marry Jana. If nothing else, for the connection to the Duggars. 

• Love 15