Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I've often wondered if that's the problem with JD. Something about him gives me the impression he wants a wife who's totally out of his league. 

I could see that. After all, he is the New Golden Boy of the Duggars, and admittedly seems one of the only fundies who has any way to support a family. He probably expects someone who looks like Jana (not saying he has any inappropriate thoughts about her!). He has always been paired with her, and may not want to go from a beauty to someone who "might, eh, be cute..."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DoctorWhovian said:

Ha. As soon as I read someone say 'she looks familiar' I immediately thought of him. 

My mind actually went to Donny and Marie Osmond, back in the day, with those teeth that took a good tenextra years to finally grow into. And they did eventually do that.

T be honest, I'm still sort of waiting for Haley Joel Osment to straighten up, fly right, and grow into his face in general, as it seems that there are the makings of a fairly telegenic face in there once he is all done maturing. Maybe something vaguely Gene Hackman-ish...

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

T be honest, I'm still sort of waiting for Haley Joel Osment to straighten up, fly right, and grow into his face in general, as it seems that there are the makings of a fairly telegenic face in there once he is all done maturing. 

He was the cutest little boy ever, especially in a favorite movie of mine, Secondhand Lions. But he has grown up into a very odd looking adult.  I'm glad you think he's still maturing.

• Love 2
On 3/9/2017 at 9:16 PM, kalamac said:

It is so weird to me that no matter what their parents look like, so many of the current crop of fundie girls all look similar enough to be interchangeable.

It reminds me of Toddlers & Tiaras where the girls mostly look alike since they all have identical (or pretty similar) grooming routines. 

I think most people get more interesting as they experience life and age.  These people are young and have limited life experience.

Jessa had a longer courtship experience (10-11 months). Maybe Kendra's parents will slow it down a little. (If nothing else to get their 15 minutes of fame).

Joe is young and nice-looking enough, but the photo TLC did of the kidadults wasn't a great photo for him. In the photo was Jana through Joy including Ben, Jeremy, Derrick, and Austin. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

He was the cutest little boy ever, especially in a favorite movie of mine, Secondhand Lions. But he has grown up into a very odd looking adult.  I'm glad you think he's still maturing.

He as kind of narrow and close-set eyes, and unfortunately I think they only look really right in a narrow slender face, which he hasn't got, at present anyway. I don't think Kendra looks like him in the eye area at all, but she has a very similar mouth -- and to a lesser extent, nose, looks like. 

The problem is, neither courtship they have going now is a particularly inspiring one. Jessa was exciting because it was the first girl, and she was so beautiful. Jill's was because it came out of nowhere, was so intense the whole time, and they seemed really in love. Both of them had the "hot guy swoops in and saves the beautiful maiden" element to them, especially derick's, since he went to college. We wouldn't wait to see Jessa and Jill excel as homemakers, which they had been brought up to be. 

But then the fairytale was over right after the wedding for both of them, essentially. They were both horrible homemakers, because all Jill can do is cook bad meals, and all Jessa knows is laundry. By the time they had babies, both Derick and Ben seemed checked out and reacted in weird ways. Plus...Joshgate. 

Jinger's courtship held some allure just because Jeremy seemed worldly and challenged JB, plus he was attractive. 

However, their current offerings are snoozefests at best, and child bride situations at worst. Joy and Austin clearly can't carry the show alone. I do sense actual friendship between them, but the friendship of 13-year-olds at camp who think, "you know, you are the only boy/girl I've really ever met before, and we're having a good time. Let's try sneaking behind the bushes tonight when our counsellors are by the campfire." They're the ones who make the counsellors exhale with relief when their parents come to pick them up, but then they eventually go onto normal high school lives and think back to their camp friend with nostalgic fondness and giggles. That's how I see them...NOT people about to get married. Not in any way, shape, or form. 

However, despite their immaturity, I do worry about them less than I do Kendra, from the tiny clip of her I've seen. She seems quiet, serious, and extremely young for her age. She also strikes me as the type who would brood. I think joe will be a fantastic boyfriend, and will be sensitive to her needs, but this girl needs to date for a LONG time and get very comfy with side hugs before her wedding night. At least with joy, things seem to roll off her back, and I think she would laugh it off if marriage was awkward in the beginning. Kendra seems like a more sensitive girl who could be traumatized by sexual experiences if they happen too soon. That's why the thought of watching her courtship seems uncomfortable to me, and I hope it is long. I know I've only seen a clip, but remember how rampant Jeremy speculation was after the courtship announcement? He turned up to be exactly who I thought he was based on a short clip too...a famewhore with a controlling vibe who is a little more worldly and very attracted to Jinger!

• Love 5

This lather, rinse, repeat cycle of courtships has all the excitement of finding out your second cousin is seeing someone new.  After the small discussion of the new boyfriend/girlfriend, the conversation moves to what's for lunch.  Duggars need to find something else to do.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Eh, I disagree that Jessa's courtship with a teenager was the most exciting and that she was "so beautiful." I find her dull and insipid.

Bolded applies to all Duggs, but it's a matter of degree.

• Love 7

From Lily's & Ellie's blog:

"Jana also explains how it feels to be single while her other siblings are getting married and moving out. "Waiting is not always easy," she tells Crown of Beauty. "Especially in those times when all the married siblings are getting together and you can’t go along because you're not part of 'that' group. But waiting doesn’t mean sitting and literally waiting. No, we need to be busy with where God has us...being content and joyfully serving Jesus there." Jana finds encouragement on difficult days by reaching out to encourage other people."

• Love 5

When Jessa got married she dropped best friend Jinger like a hot potato. IIRC Jinger was a miserable mess until Jessa saw fit to set her up w/Jer. Marrieds can't risk stirring up feelings in singles that cannot be righteously fulfilled.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 14
On 3/10/2017 at 3:36 PM, Kokapetl said:

Her face is confusing. She reminds me of someone but I can't recall who it is

kendra-caldwell-and-joseph-duggar.png

Strap a guitar on her, stick some cowgirl boots on her feet, shorten the inevitable denim skirt into a mini, and you have any one of a million "country" teenage girls who tried out for American Idol over the years and got cut.

Or she's just a combo of JoyAnna and Marcia Brady.

Is that an attempted mustache on that Jkid?

Edited by drafan
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

From Lily's & Ellie's blog:

"Jana also explains how it feels to be single while her other siblings are getting married and moving out. "Waiting is not always easy," she tells Crown of Beauty. "Especially in those times when all the married siblings are getting together and you can’t go along because you're not part of 'that' group. But waiting doesn’t mean sitting and literally waiting. No, we need to be busy with where God has us...being content and joyfully serving Jesus there." Jana finds encouragement on difficult days by reaching out to encourage other people."

Even within your own family, you cannot go out with a group of married people if you're single! AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.  

They're insane. 

• Love 14

I wonder if Smuganna are included in the group of married siblings who "get together." Do they just take Anna, but she's allowed sicne she's married? 

And are Joe and Kendra now allowed to go out with them now that they're courting, or do they have to wait for at least engagement (because, well, you know, Josiah)?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Well, what about that girls retreat they had in season 1 with Anna and jessa, who were married, and Jana, jinger, and Joy who weren't? Are they only allowed to go out together when it's convenient for a TLC plot line?

• Love 4

Janarella can't go along on the four times a week "date" night because she doesn't have a man?  And she is stuck babysitting the various rugrats?  WTH?  How messed up is this?

She can't even go to the local burger joint alone and have some dinner and a session of Candy Crush.  This is just beyond sad.  And the leghumpers think this OK.  Wow.  

I just don't know what to say.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Well, what about that girls retreat they had in season 1 with Anna and jessa, who were married, and Jana, jinger, and Joy who weren't? Are they only allowed to go out together when it's convenient for a TLC plot line?

I think that's because it was an all girls' trip as opposed to a couples' retreat. Janarella would have had to sit that one out. At this point, so would Joy and Joe since they still have to remain pure for their wedding nights. But couples' date nights? I'm sure all couples can go (unless it's a movie and those unmarried couples get frisky in the dark), but Jana stays home. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

But I'm sure Jill and Jessa had no problem asking Jana to baby-sit while they were off having fun with their loser husbands. God, I hate this family.

Bingo!  She's apparently good enough to be a babysitter but not good enough to take out to eat.  Damn, I hope she snags herself a multi-millionaire who has a penthouse apartment in NYC and who has one cardinal rule:  no incoming family visits.

• Love 24
8 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Bingo!  She's apparently good enough to be a babysitter but not good enough to take out to eat.  Damn, I hope she snags herself a multi-millionaire who has a penthouse apartment in NYC and who has one cardinal rule:  no incoming family visits.

I hope she bolts with both middle fingers waving in the air.  And I hope she is driving a bright red Ferrari when she makes her move.  I also hope she is wearing a low cut halter dress with 4 inch hooker heels when she escapes.

• Love 16

The sad thing about that blog post is that Jana admits it upsets her that she hasn't found anyone. I think we've always tried to put a good spin on Jana by speculating that she had no interest in marriage or was delaying it to avoid having a dozen children, but apparently that's not the case. 

I'm convinced Boob is holding Jana back. I find it hard to believe homely Jill and dumpy Joy managed to "find" husbands yet no decent guys have shown interest in beautiful, sweet, hard-working Jana. 

• Love 15

Was it Jana who said she did not want a guy who had a job and wanted to work along side him or something close to that. To be honest about it, I do not blame her if she is more picky about the men who are available because after looking at JB, Josh, Derick, Ben, Jeremy and her older brothers, I would avoid marriage for a long time. I am not saying all men are bad, but in the case of the Duggars, they all should come with a buyer beware sign.

24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The sad thing about that blog post is that Jana admits it upsets her that she hasn't found anyone. I think we've always tried to put a good spin on Jana by speculating that she had no interest in marriage or was delaying it to avoid having a dozen children, but apparently that's not the case. 

I'm convinced Boob is holding Jana back. I find it hard to believe homely Jill and dumpy Joy managed to "find" husbands yet no decent guys have shown interest in beautiful, sweet, hard-working Jana. 

She has said she wants a man who works with his hands and works from home. None of the SILs meet both those requirements. Maybe she has said no to a few suitors. I'm thinking with each new BIL she comes up with a few more things she doesn't want.

Posted at the same time as @bigskygirl

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4

I guess it also tells us something -- that we already knew, of course -- about the sibs' relationships when we realize that once they're coupled up, they apparently don't want to have their supposedly oh-so-close siblings along when they go out to eat burgers or something.

If they actually felt close to Jana, Jinger, etc., and enjoyed their company, they'd be eager to have them join the crowd for group evenings. Because they'd miss them now that they (the marrieds) are away from the TTH more and they;d think that fun times would be more fun with them along. 

Not that everybody has to have close relationships with their sibs. Plenty of people don't, and that's fine. But the Duggs have made much about their extreme family closeness -- "It's All About Relationships!" as the subtitle runs for the book that Jessa "authored," for example. 

EMLTA: And, of course, there's the added hypocrisy (Surprise!) of Gothard and the Gothard-loving parents, who argue that one reason Gothard Kids don't need friends is because they have their wonderful family closeness and sibling relationships, so who needs more? .... When in fact what they do is deprive the kids of outside friends and simultaneously poison the intra-family relationships in all sorts of subtle ways so that every damn kid is actually quite isolated mentally and emotionally -- while also being physically surrounded by snitches at all times. "The easier to control and manipulate you, my dear." Infuriating. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Exactly!  Something about Jana's situation is definitely fishy.  I can't help but wonder if Derick and Jeremy married their first choice. 

• Love 5

I bet when it came down to just Joy and Jana in the house, heck, maybe even while Jinger was still at home but had her eyes filled with Stars of Jeremy, Boobchelle realized Joy wasn't up to the task of running the household. As a result, they went ahead and let her court Austin. Because we know that Boob could have put a stop to their "getting to know you" phase at any time he pleased. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Exactly!  Something about Jana's situation is definitely fishy.  I can't help but wonder if Derick and Jeremy married their first choice. 

Jeremy- I think so. He and Jinger have a natural connection between them. Had they been more "mainstream" I wouldn't be surprised that they were Boyfriend/Girlfriend during their interactions. 

Derrick- I don't know. He seems a little flighty for Jana, but who knows. 

JB and Michelle know how vaulable Jana is and they wouldn't willingly let her go. Now if she's met someone and put her foot down to be allowed to court, JB would allow it because he needs to keep the show going and cannot ruffle too many feathers. Also if he wants Jana and JD to be caretakers to he and Michelle in their own age he's got to throw them a bone (hence JD not living at home). 

IMO Jana wouldn't mind being married, having a companion, the status as an adult, never mind her sexual needs- BUT she takes the care of the house/lost girls seriously and doesn't want to end up with a man child like Ben so it's the lesser of two evils. Let's see how she feels in a year when all the older girls have been gone a while and she's stuck in the girls dorm with her pre-pubscent sisters. 

• Love 3

Well, Johannah has probably had the puberty talk (with gift basket) from Mechelle. In one pic from Jinger's wedding, from the side I thought she was Joy! Girlfriend has grown herself quite a rack in a very short amount of time! :o

But that said, Jana is still 27 to Hannie's 11. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I bet when it came down to just Joy and Jana in the house, heck, maybe even while Jinger was still at home but had her eyes filled with Stars of Jeremy, Boobchelle realized Joy wasn't up to the task of running the household. As a result, they went ahead and let her court Austin. Because we know that Boob could have put a stop to their "getting to know you" phase at any time he pleased. 

Joy is lazy and not smart. There's no way she could take over anything. Remember that episode where she was supposed to be watching her new buddy team, and after about a minute she acted bored and disgusted? Kids were all over the place and she did nothing but maybe threaten to get Jana?

Joy is courting simply because 1)she's been told to and she either is incapable of making her own decisions, or incompetent in making them, 2) she caught on really quickly that courting frees these girls of all other responsibility, 3) she likes the attention. Too bad she's too brainless to connect that she's pretty much guaranteed to have her own baby that she can't pass off to anyone in about a year. 

• Love 4

Maybe   Joy was  bored  and disgusted  because  she was a child  herself  and had no interest  in watching  her mother's  children ?  Although  you may be correct  and she is lazy , I do not  know the girl  so I could  not say.

• Love 13

The Jana blurb is part of an interview with Jana, Jessa, Jinger, and Joy (if the picture is correct). There's 2 pics, one of the 4 of them and one of just Jana and Jinger. The group pic is unfortunate for Jessa and the Jana and Jinger pic is the worst pic of Jinger I've ever seen. A woman I went to junior high and high school with seems to be a huge Duggar fan and is aways linking to the Duggar Family blog on Facebook and had it plastered on her page the second the blog blurb was posted. She was an evil hateful bitch 25 years ago, but has apparently become pretty religious. She reminds me of the Duggars at times. Posting requests on FB for dress shoes for her 2 sons to wear to their piano recitals, they don't have them, but they can afford private Christian school, season passes Cedar Point amusement park for their family of 4 and yearly vacations to Florida to Disney/Universal Studio. If you can afford piano lessons, private school, and $1000s of a year for roller coasters, buy your kids some damn shoes!

• Love 14

Honestly the Crown of Glory interviewer seems far more obsessed with marriage and landing a man than Jana. Maybe that's the purpose of that website = obsess about finding a fundie husband. Im so annoyed at them tormenting Jana that I don't want to look at anything else on the site.

• Love 3
On 3/11/2017 at 4:44 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Jana doesn't have an expiration date, nor is she to be pitied or tormented because she isn't married yet. Maybe she'll get married tomorrow, maybe she never will, but she is worth more than a ring.

Free Jana.

If she wants to get married or not, it is my every hope that she moves far enough away from the TTH so she can do what SHE would like for as long as she'd like to do so. I also hope she is not compelled by any future husband to have any kind of dealings with her family if she does not want them.

Again, they're assholes and she should be able to not see them again if she doesn't want to.

• Love 2

Jana definitely said she wanted a guy who worked with his hands, and she wanted to be a part of that.

I personally didn't like to be in groups of family/friends who were married and had kids, and I didn't.  Different interests, and they thought I was snotty when I just had nothing in common.  I had nothing to contribute but a pasted on smile.

I don't care if she never gets married.  She may not care either.  But I wish her a good life doing what she likes to do, and doing it with her choice of people.

• Love 7

I don't think it's up to Jana whether she can hang with them or not. I also don't think it also up to her siblings entirely. The rule/convention of only the marrieds going out sounds exactly like JB and Michelle.  For JB, it's way of controlling people. He wants all 19 kids to marry, he has said so multiple times. So he creates incentives like group date night for the marrieds. It's one reward for doing as he wants. Like most parties, it looks more fun from the outside.  Since you're not really grown up until you're married (in this family, not in the real world) it helps define what grown -up is and adds a distinction that they need since their lives don't change much after getting married.   

Michelle probably likes the date nights, because they fit her high school/middle school mentality.  "Well these people or we all have something special in common, so they/we should sit together. It's not that we don't like you, but  you aren't like us. You understand." (I've had plenty of people saying things like this to me so it seems likely.)

I think her siblings don't care since they don't seem to have much of bond anyway. Last season (when Jinger was courting) they started building the mythology of the tight sibling bonds, because that's normal and it's the kind of thing their fans want to believe and expect.  

Anyway I think Jana may just like the idea of being married more than courting any guy she's met. I think JB talked about Derrick to see who was interested and Jill asked first.  I think she will be married in two-three years.  If she could leave her family and do something else, I will be cheering for her. I agree people should have value whether they're married or single. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

Anyway I think Jana may just like the idea of being married more than courting any guy she's met. I think JB talked about Derrick to see who was interested and Jill asked first.  

I'll bet that Jana thanks her lucky stars every morning of her life she's not married to any of the dolts her sisters are married to.

• Love 22

I also think Jana can't go out with the marrieds because her brother-in-laws might get Nike thoughts about her. This family is all about sex and a single woman out with married men is just asking for trouble.

• Love 10

I really think--based on no real evidence but there it is--that Jana has been in at least one courtship that went south. 

On 3/12/2017 at 0:50 PM, BitterApple said:

I really think--based on no real evidence but there it is--that Jana has been in at least one courtship that went south. Maybe the guy wasn't willing to go along with the dog and pony show (any grown man with real adult responsibilities who wants to continue "working with his hand" is not going to sign up for that), or maybe he and Jana started courting without going through the JB mandated steps and JB's ego couldn't allow that. (Remember that episode with all the older girls going on about what they're looking for in a guy, and Jill talked about how if guys go about it the right way they'd be interesting in courting him? It looked to me that Jill kept glancing at Jana as she was talking, and it made me wonder if Jana had a potential guy who didn't aske JB's permission before approaching Jana.)

I'm not sure I believe that JB and Michelle are holding Jana back from getting married because they need her around the house. I think it's more a matter of the type of guys that they approve of haven't interested Jana at all.

On 3/12/2017 at 1:13 PM, Churchhoney said:

I guess it also tells us something -- that we already knew, of course -- about the sibs' relationships when we realize that once they're coupled up, they apparently don't want to have their supposedly oh-so-close siblings along when they go out to eat burgers or something.

If they actually felt close to Jana, Jinger, etc., and enjoyed their company, they'd be eager to have them join the crowd for group evenings. Because they'd miss them now that they (the marrieds) are away from the TTH more and they;d think that fun times would be more fun with them along. 

Yes, and it also speaks to how big a deal marriage is to them that they think it has to change who they spend time with. Marriage is a big deal, of course, but for people who don't spend their whole lives waiting only for that as their entrance into adulthood, it doesn't really change their friendships that much. But with the Duggars, being married is their defining characteristic, something so life changing that they're unmarried siblings could not possibly understand, so if married couples are hanging out together--with their only topic of conversation being about married life--it stand to reason that single people just wouldn't belong in that environment. 

• Love 6

Can't wait to hear all the excuses they use for Jana being absent from any gatherings.

Last season Jana wasn't 'able' to make the trip somewhere because she had to stay home and run the household. Awww shucks.

I really hope Jana ends up with someone spectacular who JB can't refuse even though this fiancé does not jump through hoops and takes the bride away. If she ends up Tabitha style.. no can't think like that.

• Love 5