Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It appears the Duggar men aren't locked into their first courtship like the women are (and use the term "men/women" loosely, doesn't sound right saying boys/girls).  

It's a fiction that the women can't end a courtship in the fundie world.  There are quite a few examples out there of women deciding it wasn't working.  Reith/Bates for instance.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Okay gang! A Joseph and Kendra courting naming thread title will be started in a few days. Once we get a list of thread naming nominations, a poll will be started and the winning name title will be announced. Put your thinking caps on and start thinking of names. Thanks to all of you from your mod crew for being patient, understanding and considerate.

How about Another arranged marriage: Joe and Kendra!?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh dear, Mama Caldwell is only 37. Can you imagine being a grandma at 38 or 39 (depending on her birthday)? Yikes! He's two years older.

IMG_5953.thumb.JPG.2e60f410502b3d024f573aa5412c2792.JPG

Mama June was a grandmother at 32, so Mama Caldwell will be in good company!

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh dear, Mama Caldwell is only 37. Can you imagine being a grandma at 38 or 39 (depending on her birthday)? Yikes! He's two years older.

IMG_5953.thumb.JPG.2e60f410502b3d024f573aa5412c2792.JPG

What?!

joseph and Kendra: she's the best!

When I saw so many replies on this thread today, I knew someone was in a courtship – I was hoping it was Jana! Yawn is all I have to say. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, kalamac said:

"Excited for side hugs" seems like such a sad thing to hear from someone in their first relationship.

I think that's the perfect thread title. Joe & Kendra: Excited for Side Hugs...

• Love 9

Just think! Mama Caldwell and daughter Kendra could actually both be pregnant at the same time. Both in their Sweet Season Of Life!  Come to think of it, Mama Caldwell is putting her hands cutely over her abdomen, and just maybe her hands are making that cute little heart there.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Aaaaand the Seewalds are both home midday to make a video...

At least Henry looks cuter in this picture than the other one.  Now Ben on the other hand.....looks like he just fell out of bed or is he trying out a new hipster look with the funky hair?  I don't think JB would approve of the top of his shirt being unbuttoned, even with a t-shirt underneath.  It's kind of grossing me out.

Regarding Joe & Kendra, someone said it last week before their  courtship started but can any of the Duggars find a mate that isn't somehow related to the ministry?   I'm not knocking the ministry.  It just seems weird that all of the spouses have a connection.  

• Love 2
(edited)

It's just gross to think of a mother and daughter being pregnant at the same time, unless mom is maybe 45. Christina Caldwell has a toddler now, so she's not done....

18 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

At least Henry looks cuter in this picture than the other one.  Now Ben on the other hand.....looks like he just fell out of bed or is he trying out a new hipster look with the funky hair?  I don't think JB would approve of the top of his shirt being unbuttoned, even with a t-shirt underneath.  It's kind of grossing me out.

Regarding Joe & Kendra, someone said it last week before their  courtship started but can any of the Duggars find a mate that isn't somehow related to the ministry?   I'm not knocking the ministry.  It just seems weird that all of the spouses have a connection.  

Kendra and Anna get a pass because their fathers are in ministry (pastor and prison ministry). Otherwise, I doubt they get a second look, even if a boy likes a girl. I don't think they're allowing anything close to even conservative SBC into their cult. With girls, it seems like their daddys have to have the right kind of jobs to even get a go-see.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's just gross to think of a mother and daughter being pregnant at the same time, unless mom is maybe 45. Christina Caldwell has a toddler now, so she's not done....

Lots of women these days have their first baby at 38 or 39!

I giggled at Kendra's response of looking forward to side hugs, didn't think that was something I would ever hear. She seems quite sweet but very young. Hopefully a long courtship. I wonder if Boob will make Joe flip 5 houses before he marries like Austin's dad.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Lots of women these days have their first baby at 38 or 39!

I giggled at Kendra's response of looking forward to side hugs, didn't think that was something I would ever hear. She seems quite sweet but very young. Hopefully a long courtship. I wonder if Boob will make Joe flip 5 houses before he marries like Austin's dad.

I had a pregnancy due on my 40th birthday. Lost it at 12 weeks, but that's my point. There could be many creepy crib pictures in our future. She has an IG, but it's private. I wonder if she and Austin will go public after they're married. Being so close to the compound, I would guess they have to, but Jinger has surprised us (Jeremy is on FB).

• Love 2
(edited)

So Kendra's parents are young in their late 30s and she's 18.  

Guinn (Ben's mom) was about 37 when Ben began courting Jessa, but no children for Mrs. and Mr. Seewald since Ben married.

On the other hand, Michelle had Josie after Anna had her first child. 

I feel bad looking at young these kids are.  Sad!

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

I think Guinn had an "issue" with reproduction after the last was born. He's about 8 now. No fundie will admit that she had her tubes tied, but I've seen a couple instances. The most striking when Lora Lynn Fanning named her last kid Finn (fin) = end. 

• Love 2

I don't normally comment on people affected by delayed mental development, but does this sound like a woman who is ready for marriage? 

Kendra: "I am looking forward to the side-hugs and to phone calls and texting and also being able to do ministry and stuff together and out in public and everybody knowing that we're courting."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4294834/Joseph-Duggar-starts-courting-Kendra-Caldwell.html

• Love 13
14 hours ago, kalamac said:

"Excited for side hugs" seems like such a sad thing to hear from someone in their first relationship.

I am on the "Excited for side hugs" bandwagon for their thread title.

9 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I don't normally comment on people affected by delayed mental development, but does this sound like a woman who is ready for marriage? 

Kendra: "I am looking forward to the side-hugs and to phone calls and texting and also being able to do ministry and stuff together and out in public and everybody knowing that we're courting."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4294834/Joseph-Duggar-starts-courting-Kendra-Caldwell.html

Good heavens, that's a REAL QUOTE??? I thought Mollie had made it up. Truth stranger than fiction. . .

• Love 13
39 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Sweet fancy Moses, she sounds like she's 12 (no offense to 12 year olds). Certainly not ready for what comes after marriage.

• Love 12

uh, the clip of Joe and Kendra was pretty bad. 

Few things

1. She is not intelligent at all

2. Not exposed to much and has limited scope of experiences, even for an 18 year old 

3. She was really nervous on camera, even Joe seemed awkward

4.  Seems like the interviewer asked her "what are you looking forward to?" and she responded with that dumb answer of "side hugs!!"  

I always had some hope for Joe Duggar.  This is it for him????  Wow. :(

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I always had some hope for Joe Duggar.  This is it for him????  Wow. :(

I don't think any of the Duggar boys would know how to deal with a woman who has some spirit and ambition beyond popping out as many kids as possible. Kendra's exactly what I would expect for any of them.

• Love 16

Kendra's parents look very photogenic compared to the Duggars. This could be interesting since the father is an actual minister compared to the wannabe Duggars. I just wonder how Jessa and Jill really feel about a new younger nonDuggar girl getting their share of the screen time. 

• Love 5

She who must not be named said on FB that they were dating for awhile, just waiting for Kendra to turn 18 until they announced it.

2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Sweet fancy Moses, she sounds like she's 12 ...

That was exactly what I said to myself when I watched that video. I felt like I was listening to a sixth grader. She seems too young to even be dating, much less "courting."  

The thought that she will probably be engaged and married and pregnant within a year is so depressing.  She should be baby sitting someone else's kid for pocket money at that "season of Iife," not popping out her own.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

Also tells you how much they know about each other at this point -- as they've launched what, for these people (unless they're as smart as Marjorie) is a luge ride straight to matrimony. She's still "looking forward to" phone calls and texting. 

• Love 6
(edited)

She makes Joy look better in comparison :(

Joe is bland, but he set the bar really low. Sorry, if that's mean, but this girl is unattractive (editing to add, this is in my opinion only. I am using no other measure for her attractiveness), timid and possibly stupid (we'll give her some time for that one). She seems like a really nice kid, but that doesn't make a show. Marjorie/Josiah would have been so much better. Now TLC has three dud couples, and 2 to draw some interest. Jill, Joy and Joe could be the final nails in the coffin if they are expected to have equal segments. I think TLC will need to focus on Jinger and Jessa and little updates for the other 3 couples.

Boob, you have to let your kids out of the house to find interesting actors-to-play-spouse.

This is all said from a pure entertainment perspective, but I doubt the Duggs make their decisions based on anything else.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 4

This is still the Lonely Js club, but until a new topic is created talk about Kendra is ok. Off topic would be any history of her family and her dad's activities as a pastor.  This new courtship is not an invitation or excuse to start a discussion about politics via their community engagement.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

this girl is unattractive, timid and possibly stupid (we'll give her some time for that one).

Far be it from me to defend anything Duggar-related, but I don't think she's unattractive; she has a chubby face, but not unpleasant.  As far as her talking in the video, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she was nervous that what she was saying would be broadcast to the entire country.  It could be that she talks normally in day-to-day life and simply got a case of stage-fright.  If that is indeed her real personality, well, I guess she and Joe will outdo Joy & her beau for most boring Duggar couple.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

She makes Joy look better in comparison :(

Joe is bland, but he set the bar really low. Sorry, if that's mean, but this girl is unattractive, timid and possibly stupid (we'll give her some time for that one). She seems like a really nice kid, but that doesn't make a show. Marjorie/Josiah would have been so much better.

Boob better hire Marge back on a one-year contract because Joe and Kendra come off as two mouth breathers who need to be fed their lines as they profess their deep, undying love for one another. Marge could bring some badly needed life to the show, promote her side businesses and bail out at the appointed time after God "laid it on her heart" to go down a different path. It would be a win/win for both sides.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

Far be it from me to defend anything Duggar-related, but I don't think she's unattractive; she has a chubby face, but not unpleasant.  As far as her talking in the video, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she was nervous that what she was saying would be broadcast to the entire country.  It could be that she talks normally in day-to-day life and simply got a case of stage-fright.  If that is indeed her real personality, well, I guess she and Joe will outdo Joy & her beau for most boring Duggar couple.

Pretty sure Joe and other posters share your position on her appearance. I should have said, I find her unattractive.

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

She who must not be named said on FB that they were dating for awhile, just waiting for Kendra to turn 18 until they announced it.

Has she been reading my posts or FJ? That's been the conjecture since Jinger's wedding.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Guinn had an "issue" with reproduction after the last was born. He's about 8 now. No fundie will admit that she had her tubes tied, but I've seen a couple instances. The most striking when Lora Lynn Fanning named her last kid Finn (fin) = end. 

But then Lora Lynn Fanning works (teacher) and wears pants and tank tops.  In other words, LLF is a Heathen.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mollie said:

The bolded above really stuck out to me, then I saw the comments from others here that it's been a covert relationship for a while. Very interesting.

But hey, who am I to say anything. They are just a normal family that just happens to be on TV, right?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Far be it from me to defend anything Duggar-related, but I don't think she's unattractive; she has a chubby face ...

I'm thinking it's baby fat. Because she's still a baby!

Perhaps the next brother to wed will marry an actual adult. But I wouldn't count on it. Few fully grown women would be foolish enough to involve themselves with the Duggars.

Jim Blob better snag Nurie Rodrigues for one of the twins before she wises up. Or maybe Angry Olivia .... she's like five, right? That's almost old enough to court. 

• Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Perhaps the next brother to wed will marry an actual adult. But I wouldn't count on it. Few fully grown women would be foolish enough to involve themselves with the Duggars.

In fact, the last 17-year-old they tried wasn't foolish enough. 

In that case, though, I think her parents were probably pretty agnostic about cementing a huge relationship with the Duggars. Whereas, in this case, I expect her dad, at least, is probably very very eager to increase his family's relationship to their family. (Sort of like Austin's parents, who had Joy on their advertising website ready to drop the instant the announcement was public.). ..... Methinks that Boob's now decided to go after parents who are hot to become Duggar adjacent and hooking up with those parents to go after their appropriate-aged naive pushover or desperate children. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Has she been reading my posts or FJ? That's been the conjecture since Jinger's wedding.

Probably gets all her info from there.

31 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Methinks that Boob's now decided to go after parents who are hot to become Duggar adjacent and hooking up with those parents to go after their appropriate-aged naive pushover or desperate children. 

Jim Bob is shrewd and has assessed his situation post Josh. 

His new plan is to marry the Kidults off to famewhores. 

• Love 2

Kendra's parents look like they are 20 something.  Kendra looks very much like a southern girl.  She's cute, but her face is very round.  She has a nice body, but I bet she'll get a bunch of grief for her round face (people will say she looks fat), and become anorexic or something. 

If they have been "courting" for a while - I'm guessing Joe wants to get some pretty bad and engagement/wedding is not far off. Does he have any skill/job/career JB has forced him into?

Wasn't Joe closest to Jinger and Joy?  I bet he wants to get the hell our of tater town.

• Love 3

Went back to have another look at her because of all the 'cute' posts, so she must be one of those people that look 'cute' to everyone else and I just can't see it.  I think Joe is cute and he even showed some personality when he went for the boat at the auction. Right now she sounds exactly like a kid who wants to show off her Duggar, 'cause other girls didn't believe her, so she made that weird statement.  She is 18 and has signed up for the publicity so she's gonna get the good and the bad.

If she is entertaining, funny or a little odd in some way she could be a real positive for the show and I don't care Duggs marry Quasimodo if it's fun to watch.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Don't want to be mean, but I don't see it either. She reminds me of Ann Veal from "Arrested Development."

seems like a sweet girl, though. 

I'm holding out for a hero! I want her to be a bridezilla we can all get behind.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, louannems said:

Just think! Mama Caldwell and daughter Kendra could actually both be pregnant at the same time. Both in their Sweet Season Of Life!  Come to think of it, Mama Caldwell is putting her hands cutely over her abdomen, and just maybe her hands are making that cute little heart there.

Boy, that would send Michelle right over the edge! Being pregnant at the same time as one of her daughters/daughters-in-law would have been the crowning achievement of her lifetime.

• Love 5
On 3/8/2017 at 4:39 PM, GeeGolly said:

Okay, let's try this again ...

I wonder if JB will let any of the Lonely Js get an independent job, get a degree and/or move out on their own?

I saw this and I laughed and laughed.  A J having their own life.  That is just too funny.

• Love 5

I just learned of the courtship. Disaster. This reeks of total desperation. They will do anything to keep the gravy train going.

Congrats on the sex, Joe. She seems like a good buddy for Joy. They can have sleepovers, trade stickers, and stay up late seeing who gets more airtime.

Jessa and Jill just be pissed. They're last year's floor models.  No one cares about them anymore, you can only fit so many plot lines into a 22 minute show.

• Love 15