Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Does anyone know why Jana went to Journey to the Heart all those times?

Apparently a bunch of the Duggar and Bates girls went, according to some stuff I found on other boards, so Jana wasn't being punished, apparently ... but she did go more than once.

She's on his freaking TUMBLR!  Boob and J'Chelle would come unglued. 

• Love 1

I'd like to thank this board in part for the dream I had last night about being involved with Jana and John David escaping the Duggar compound and driving north. It involved fugitive searches, hiding from Jim Bob, selling the car we were in and buying a new, unidentifiable one, and me contacting people on these forums who have mentioned where they live for safe asylum. If anyone's wondering, they made it north. Thanks to anyone here who was involved. (I think I'll blame the nachos I had for dinner for this one...)

I'm not much older than Jana, I live in ft lauderdale, but I'm from Texas (Houston... Nowhere near big sandy) and I plan to move back when I'm done with nursing school... Jana is more than welcome to live with me, I have no kids (unless you count my really spoiled dog).

Apparently a bunch of the Duggar and Bates girls went, according to some stuff I found on other boards, so Jana wasn't being punished, apparently ... but she did go more than once.

She's on his freaking TUMBLR!  Boob and J'Chelle would come unglued. 

She was a team leader so it was more of an honor than penance or reprogramming.

• Love 2

Not gonna lie, I thought you guys were crazy with the Jana/Frank Sun talk, but holy crap that really is her on his tumblr. I double checked a picture from the Asia trip and she had those flowers and everything! Shipping them now, kthx.

• Love 3

Yeah, I'll be over here imagining their non-televised exactly what Jana wants wedding, followed by 2.5 kids, pants, and life in wherever Frank Sun lives. If this doesn't happen,I may feel actual disappointment...

• Love 5

Maybe (and I'm totally reaching here) it's a relationship on the down-low, or still something really subtle based on mutual attraction. Jana likely feels that her authority head wouldn't approve of the religious and "racial" differences. So, they're keeping it quiet until the littles are a bit older before BAM - they're gone! 

N.B. My brother's awesome wife is Asian. Both my parents and hers have had issues with the kids marrying outside their "race" (we're all the same human race, that's why I put it in quotes) and we live in a very large, diverse city to which we all immigrated. I'm sure it happens in NW Arkansas.

• Love 1

Is Frank Sun even working for the show anymore? I don't think I've seen him in any of the recent behind-the-scenes photos/clips of the film crew. Is there any other reasons for why people are speculating over a possible attraction/failed courtship between him and Jana other than the one outdated photo on his blog from two years ago?

If Jana& Frank Sun married & had kids, wouldn't the children have Asian features? I thought Kate Gosselin explained this that Asians carry the dominant genes. How would Jim Boob & Michelle deal with that?

Superguard9-toofunny. What was I thinking getting anything from Kate. I think Kate said it was something Jon's grandmother/mother told her when they were planning to marry or have kids to scare Kate away. Too bad it didn't scare her away, far away.

Superguard9-toofunny. What was I thinking getting anything from Kate. I think Kate said it was something Jon's grandmother/mother told her when they were planning to marry or have kids to scare Kate away. Too bad it didn't scare her away, far away.

I remember the TH when Kate shared that information and yes it was Jon's mother or grandmother who told Kate the Asian gene was dominant and not to expect any children to not look Asian.  Kate went on to say how much she loved the Asian look speaking of her love for Jon (at that time!)    

Edited by jodo

If Jana& Frank Sun married & had kids, wouldn't the children have Asian features? I thought Kate Gosselin explained this that Asians carry the dominant genes. How would Jim Boob & Michelle deal with that?

It's weird. My brother's wife is Asian and I have one nephew that looks completely white and one that is more ethnic looking. I went to school with a couple of girls who were mixed black/white and one sister looked 100% black while the other was blonde and looked like a white girl with a slight tan. Genetics are a total crapshoot.

• Love 3

We knew this one couple, a few years ago, the wife was blonde with blue eyes, and the husband had dark hair and eyes, but his features really didn't strike me as anything but Caucasian. They had a son who looked totally Asian, though, and I'd always sort of assumed he was adopted until I found out that the husband was actually half Japanese.

It's weird. My brother's wife is Asian and I have one nephew that looks completely white and one that is more ethnic looking. I went to school with a couple of girls who were mixed black/white and one sister looked 100% black while the other was blonde and looked like a white girl with a slight tan. Genetics are a total crapshoot.

so true. I'm half African American and half Mexican but i favor the Mexican side and people are shocked when i tell them I'm half black. My husband is Mexican and my son looks Caucasian. Weird.

A friend of mine married a Korean guy, and the only way you could guess their daughter is at all Asian is her eyes. Otherwise she's blonde and has freckles with very pale skin. Pretty girl, for sure, but certainly doesn't scream 1/2 Korean.

Jinger always seems very put off by Jill. I might be reading too much into it, but maybe Jill's "Ms. Perfect" act was something that annoyed Jinger. I'm hoping that with Jill off the compound and married that Jinger is enjoying a little more freedom from her older sister. She's probably gotten more on her plate in terms of chores, but she isn't having to listen to someone wax poetic about their lives in the Duggar-land family.

No, I don't think you're reading too much into it, I've noticed the same thing. It seems like it was always Jessa with Jinger and Jana was stuck with Jill by default. Jill and Jessa didn't become besties until they started their junior high level courtships. I also think Joy Anna isn't a huge fan of Jill as well. 

Jinger seems smart in a sense that she's one J'Slave who sort of flies under the radar. She knows to keep her mouth shut to avoid being banished to Journey retreats but she also knows the family mantra is complete BS and she isn't going to make a fool of herself like Jill does with her sanctimonious TH's.

• Love 4

I liked seeing Jinger taking pictures in the previous episode. I wonder if she doesn't get married in the next couple of years, whether or not she'd be allowed to pursue a career in photography..even if she took pics at fundie weddings, or baby pics, she could definitely make a living if she was given the chance to do so. I do hope someday she gets that chance, and also when she does marry, that she'll find a guy who will move her into the city of her dreams and away from her controlling parents. 

• Love 3

Jinger can make good money taking pictures if she could only be free to live her life instead of being a slave.

I agree, she seems to have a knack for it. Jessa likes to do styling and makeup. She and Jinger could have had a nice little business together doing photo shoots for engagements, proms, senior pictures, weddings, new baby pictures etc. 

• Love 1

I agree, she seems to have a knack for it. Jessa likes to do styling and makeup. She and Jinger could have had a nice little business together doing photo shoots for engagements, proms, senior pictures, weddings, new baby pictures etc. 

Strike senior pics and proms. They don't go to normal school and graduate on normal schedules, and proms = nike clothes and dancing!

I think it's kind of sad that Jana and John David don't seem that close. They're twins, right? I may be seeing things wrong but they are never shown together. I just thought as twins they would be closer. In some of the older episodes, Jesssa seemed quite close to one of the boys. I think it was Joseph, I'm not sure. But Jana and John David, not really.

Edited by flyingdi

I think it's kind of sad that Jana and John David don't seem that close. They're twins, right? I may be seeing things wrong but they are never shown together. I just thought as twins they would be closer. In some of the older episodes, Jesssa seemed quite close to one of the boys. I think it was Joseph, I'm not sure. But Jana and John David, not really.

I agree. I recently watched the episode where they went on the mission trip to Indonesia and the two of them barely had anything to say to each other. I also remembered being seriously pissed off that Jana was packing John David's suitcase. God forbid any Duggar male take responsibility for his own belongings. I guess this way JD could blame Jana if he ran out of underwear...

To me, Jana doesn't really seem close to anybody. I had always thought she was close with Jill, but now I think that was only a friendship of necessity because they were shut out of Jessa and Jinger's clique. 

• Love 3

Is there any other reasons for why people are speculating over a possible attraction/failed courtship between him and Jana other than the one outdated photo on his blog from two years ago?

Nope. Just rampant speculation because I like her, think he's cute, and would 'ship that pairing like there's no tomorrow. 

• Love 1

Something was mentioned earlier somewhere that these kids of families and their wacky religious beliefs and compulsive thoughts about sex, require opposite sex siblings to "part ways" around puberty if they were too close during childhood. Yeah, I know, what perverts they are...that would explain why Jana and John David don't hang out with each other. They did when they were little.

• Love 6

We have two sets of twins in our extended family, they are about 10 and 11. I don't notice any special closeness in either set. I'm not around them all the time, but it seems like they interact with their twin just the same as with their other sibling (each set has one older sibling).

I think the Duggars do believe that boys should hang with boys and girls with girls. I think it's ok for them to all play together when they're little, but after a certain age, they steer them over to their brothers or sisters. No idea if JD and Jana were ever close, but I think Joy and Josiah were close and I feel like I recall JB saying something about how it was a shame that they couldn't hang out. I can see Joy and Josiah having stuff in common because they both seem smart and sarcastic; but Joy was steered over to her older sisters and I'm not sure who Josiah hangs out with -- probably Joseph.

It seems like Joy Anna and Jana have gotten closer. In their THs, I get the impression that there is some relationship there as they sometimes play off of each other. It's possible that they may both be thinking they'll be stuck for a while on the compound -- misery loves company.

Something was mentioned earlier somewhere that these kids of families and their wacky religious beliefs and compulsive thoughts about sex, require opposite sex siblings to "part ways" around puberty if they were too close during childhood. Yeah, I know, what perverts they are...that would explain why Jana and John David don't hang out with each other. They did when they were little.

Is this part of their Gothard thing, or did Michelle get a hold of a copy of "Flowers in the Attic" back when she was a heathen? WTF? Yes.  These people are perverts and think about sex way more than the average bear.

• Love 4

I have a friend who grew up in rural Nowhere, where every kid was isolated, partly by geography and usually by a degree of fanatacism as well.  Apparently it's really not uncommon for that particular stereotype to perpetuate itself once puberty hits and you have literally no one else around but siblings and maybe cousins.  Still, rather than coming to the conclusion of "we should warehouse our kids based on sex so no one ever has privacy, ever," you would think the mental leap taken would be "If this is something we need to worry about, maybe our lifestyle is really fucking screwed up." 

• Love 8

That article worries me. I hope Jim bob doesn't feel compelled to find her a spouse just to prove the internet wrong. Before we knew about any courtships, Jezebel posted an article about the whole Duggar family being a cult given that it's very isolated and so many of the adult children were having trouble leaving. and after that JB found Ben as if to prove, "Sure our kids will move out in time". And now they're stuck together. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Jana.

I really want to take Jana under my wing and show her the world. Chicago is such a great place and I can tell she would love the museums and beauty of the city. I would break her into the real world very slowly and then we could go and get her younger siblings i.e. Josiah, Joy Anna and then the rest. Also, I think she would thrive in a college setting and she deserves an education.

• Love 4

After watching Jana being interviewed on tonight's show, I really think she's not in a hurry to settle down and get married. It might be hard on her with Jill leaving, but it probably won't make much of a difference when Jessa goes since she doesn't appear to work that hard around the house. Also, the younger ones are growing up and need less care. It seems that Jim Bob is actually more desperate to marry off John David, but he, too doesn't seem all that interested in marrying right now. Maybe the both of them will wait until the show is off the air, even if it's a good 5-6 years from now.

• Love 1

All the siblings tend to give each other these knowing glances like when JD saying there is no girl and he is in no rush, and then he looks at his brother (don't remember who he is). It seemed like there were a bunch between Jana and Joy. You just wonder what sibling secrets they are all hiding.

Edited by TobyBelle

Dear Jana and Joy, you can escape together and come live with me any time you want. I won't make you sew or take care of a brood of children. You can get jobs, go to real school, and buy your own brand new shoes with your own money. You can wear pants if you want to. You can talk to nice young men without transferring ownership of any mental or physical body parts from your parents to the men. 

You can even bring Jennie, Grandma, and maybe Hannie with you, but you'll have to double up on bedrooms.

• Love 3

I've always thought Jana was just a gorgeous girl. Really beautiful, I expected she would marry right after Josh. I couldn't believe it was Jill! She looks so sad sometimes, I hope she's ok?

• Love 6

I'm betting that if enough money gets waved in Jinger's face, she'll write the tell all and pose for Playboy. She looks like she is looking for an escape route. Someone has to break free, right?

Oh, I give anything to see the real story of the Duggars to be made public somehow.  Surely TMZ or one of the National Enquirer-type tabloids must be trying by waving a lot of $$ - in front of someone.  It's not easy of course, the way the Duggar kids are hermetically-sealed, but there must be townspeople who know things, remember JB & Michelle in high school etc.  PS - I noticed Dim Bulb now has a gate at the end of his driveway.  One of those "you'll be admitted if and when we clear you" deals.

• Love 2

Those may or may not be track pants.  My wife had a skirt with that exact pattern on it, with the white stripes down the sides - she saw the pic and pointed out that it could easily be a skirt that got folded over in such a way to resemble pants.  If you look closely that does appear to be the case.

I blew it up and it definitely looks like track pants to me.  You can tell because she has her leg crossed and a skirt wouldn't hang like that.  Plus she has matching sneakers - the kind you never see the girls wear- real athletic sneakers.  Go Jinger!  Be free!

• Love 7