Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I remember when I was quite young Diet Pepsi tasted almost the same as regular.  Then they outlawed cyclamate, and it's never tasted as good.  Guess what, they use cyclamate in Europe.

I remember cyclamates, too.  Fresca and Tab were popular diet drinks in my teenage years, as were several Shasta flavors.

I'm surprised it's still around, in Europe.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

I remember cyclamates, too.  Fresca and Tab were popular diet drinks in my teenage years, as were several Shasta flavors.

I'm surprised it's still around, in Europe.  

I think they've found the dangers were exaggerated at the time of the banning, and there is at least a small movement trying to bring it back.

• Useful 1
40 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I know a woman who visits relatives in Southern Italy every year and she loads her suitcase with peanut butter -- multiple jars of peanut butter. They love it. 

But why? We have peanut butter in Europe also 

If we have it in Croatia, Italy most certainly has it too 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
45 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

But why? We have peanut butter in Europe also 

If we have it in Croatia, Italy most certainly has it too 

I have a friend who is originally from India and used to go back for several weeks a year to visit.  She used to take an entire suitcase full of Kraft Dinner, tuna fish and peanut butter with her because her 3 year old wouldn't eat Indian food.  My friend wore the same size as her sister who lived there and she would mostly borrow clothes from her to wear because her suitcase was too full of food for the toddler.  The kid outgrew it, BTW, and loves Indian food now.

If they were willing to bring their Hogan's Heroes DVD's, you'd think they could've put a few packs of cheez-its or Pringles in their suitcase if the Duggars really needed their American junk food.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

If they were willing to bring their Hogan's Heroes DVD's, you'd think they could've put a few packs of cheez-its or Pringles in their suitcase if the Duggars really needed their American junk food.

Yeah, Jed! was sure excited about those Hogan's Heroes DVDs.  I guess they are catching up on all the TV shows they missed growing up.

Speaking of Pringles, I remember FF took several cans of pringles with him when he went to propose to Anna.  When his luggage was overweight, he took out other things, but not the Pringles.  I know they have Pringles in Florida, so that struck me as bizarre.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
23 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Speaking of Pringles, I remember FF took several cans of pringles with him when he went to propose to Anna.  When his luggage was overweight, he took out other things, but not the Pringles.  I know they have Pringles in Florida, so that struck me as bizarre.

That's what growing up food insecure will do to a person.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 13
26 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Yeah, Jed! was sure excited about those Hogan's Heroes DVDs.  I guess they are catching up on all the TV shows they missed growing up.

They should have taken I,Claudius. It would have added some color and dimension to the monuments and landmarks they're looking at.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That's what growing up food insecure will do to a person.  

True and of all of them, he probably remembers the lack of food the most.  I think that was also behind his weight gain.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

Probably had something else in them besides Pringles.

• LOL 8

Did they bring a DVD player, too? Because as far as I know most hotels don't have them, and if they do, the foreign ones wouldn't be compatible. 

I suppose it's possible they have one on their computer or something although I haven't seen a computer with one in ages.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, beckie said:

I suppose it's possible they have one on their computer or something although I haven't seen a computer with one in ages.

Yep.  When I bought my last laptop, I couldn't find one in my brand and price range that had a DVD slot. Jed may have brought an older laptop that has a DVD slot.  Still seems weird, though, to bring DVDs of old TV shows on vacation.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 9

It's been about 9-10 years ago that I couldn't find a laptop that played DVDs from an internal drive. (I was so pissed off at the time when I realized the laptop I'd bought didn't have one! I hadn't realized they were being fazed out until then but quickly realized they just weren't being sold anymore.) But it's pretty easy to get an external one to hook up to your computer. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Probably had something else in them besides Pringles.

More like, he put something else in them besides Pringles. 🤢A “buy used and save the difference” fleshlight. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I'm trying to imagine visiting a city with stunning architecture, amazing food and fascinating art...only to eat Big Macs and spend the evenings in a hotel room watching reruns of a tv show from the 1960's.  But I know the Duggars do things different.

The woman who brought the DVD set is pregnant and has a one-year old baby with her. She and hubby aren't going out at night. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I'm trying to imagine visiting a city with stunning architecture, amazing food and fascinating art...only to eat Big Macs and spend the evenings in a hotel room watching reruns of a tv show from the 1960's.  But I know the Duggars do things different.

It bugs me that many of the Duggar trips are once-in-a-lifetime dream vacations for many people, yet they schlup around not able or willing to appreciate where they are and what they're seeing.  It's completely wasted on them.

Willful ignorance is not uncommon with these people and their friends. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, wilsie said:

Willful ignorance is not uncommon with these people and their friends. 

Agree.  they are probably "scared" of the outsiders.  They have learned they are to be feared, if that is the word.  And no rhyme or reason as to why go anywhere anyway.  The are Duggars dontcha know, and do things different.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Agree.  they are probably "scared" of the outsiders.  They have learned they are to be feared, if that is the word.  And no rhyme or reason as to why go anywhere anyway.  The are Duggars dontcha know, and do things different.

Just the fact that they insisted on renting cars for the trip instead of taking trains says it all to me. 

They could have just brought iPads and watched streaming shows and movies (many for free) and saved themselves a lot of extra weight in their luggage. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

They have been doing lots of sight seeing and visiting significant sites. They have also ate at places other than McDs. Since their educations are lacking they may not have the appreciation that someone who does have a better idea of world history or geography.  Elijah really seems to be enjoying the trip but he seems to have been exposed to a lot more than the Ds. I am curious how he got into the Duggar family.  

I am still wondering why Jason is not with them. Of they boys, he was the most outspoken and critical of Josh with James agreeing with him. James has also been commenting on some of Jinger's IG pics the last few days.  So if the trip is to distract from Jinger's book, I am not sure it is working. Also the guy who is with them (I forget his name) what is his connection to them that he would go on such a big trip? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
43 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

They have been doing lots of sight seeing and visiting significant sites. They have also ate at places other than McDs. Since their educations are lacking they may not have the appreciation that someone who does have a better idea of world history or geography.  Elijah really seems to be enjoying the trip but he seems to have been exposed to a lot more than the Ds. I am curious how he got into the Duggar family.  

They have been to a lot more historic sites than the European tourists who come to NYC with empty suitcases to shop cheaply. 

Though I did once witness a French mother and daughter go to the front of the line for the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island boat and push their way on -- in front of those of us waiting on a two-hour line.

Americans all bad, Europeans all good -- to people who live where they never see or meet any.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

They have been to a lot more historic sites than the European tourists who come to NYC with empty suitcases to shop cheaply. 

Though I did once witness a French mother and daughter go to the front of the line for the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island boat and push their way on -- in front of those of us waiting on a two-hour line.

Americans all bad, Europeans all good -- to people who live where they never see or meet any.

What?? No one has said that here. And I can’t speak for anyone else, but I lived in San Francisco/Berkeley/Oakland for over 15 years and met A LOT of Europeans. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 10

I think this is the best place to put this. I was on Reddit reading Duggarsnark and I just read the funniest bullshit. This guy claimed that his wife and daughter were on a plane going from Miami to Israel and the whole Duggar family including Blob and Clown Car were on the plane.

• Mind Blown 2
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If so, I have to wonder what constitutes the “whole Duggar family”.

True, because the thought of all of them makes me wonder what the country has done to deserve such vermin to arrive en mass. Last time they were there was on TLC’s dime and a very sick Josie needed a doctor to fly with her home. 

If the rumors of the FF messing up are true, maybe Anna and her 7 were free to go. JK

• Like 6
1 minute ago, ChristmasCandy said:

I just had a stupid thought. What was the first thing that Blob said if he really is in Israel was it Sha Hola Em ?

Definitely an hola, that buffoon will never learn.

I’m curious as to why notoriously cheap JB, who just acquired 8 perpetual dependents, and is bleeding money in legal fees, is opening his wallet for international travel. It will once again be wasted on them. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Definitely an hola, that buffoon will never learn.

I’m curious as to why notoriously cheap JB, who just acquired 8 perpetual dependents, and is bleeding money in legal fees, is opening his wallet for international travel. It will once again be wasted on them. 

There has to be a backer for this.  Is JB some sort of honcho in some Christian organization and managed to scam them for a trip to Israel for all of them including hangers on?  I don't see JB caring if his kids ever see Israel, although weren't they there back when the show was on?  JB only cares about himself and Meechelle, I just don't think he'd lay out the cash for anyone else' trip.

• Like 10

I'm amusing myself with thinking of their reactions to the Pompeii brothel...and the penises carved on the roads leading there.

Grifters that they are, I'm guessing this trip is partially sponsored somehow...fundies love to fund raise for their "missions," and there's seemingly no end to the amount of people willing to throw their money in that direction. But I think the Duggars are paying for most of this trip, and it's not all from JB. My impression has always been that the entire family is a lot more well off that many people think they are.

• Like 8

This Duggar kids either live at home or recently moved out, so I'm guessing they have extra money kicking around. Some of it might be left over from the payouts they all got. 

IMO, no way, no how would JB pay for a trip like this, not directly anyway.

• Like 7

In the first video the room they showed was very bare bones. When they exited the building the lobby remined me of the lobbies of old office buildings on the side streets in Manhattan. There were rows of metal boxes in the wall that I thought were mailboxes. 

i think they may have been staying in a building owned by some Christian organization that has cheap accommodations  for Christian travelers. The Jed, Katie, baby group got a room. The others could have been in bunk beds or dorms.

• Useful 6

JB may have dumped many of his adult children to marriage but they now have been replaced by 8 additional people, Anna and the M7. His budget is most likely the same as it was. Michelle can't catch a break from the never- ending children around her. It must be so tiring for her to have to constantly "be on" and pretend to love being surrounded by children, whom she still hasn't been given a heart for. this, I believe, is her purgatory.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Maybe Jim Bob is savvier about money than he looks. He said he had a cell phone tower and real estate. The show was on for a long time. He's cheap. That's all i have. 

Agree.  There is so much we don't know about these people even though we think we know a lot because of the show and social media etc.  I still don't like them - that's not the point.  They probably curate things to show themselves in what they think is in the best light according to them.  Not to us.  But, we don't have a complete picture of much of anything.  Not justifying their hideous beliefs and behaviors we do know.

• Like 11
On 2/23/2023 at 10:30 AM, lascuba said:

Grifters that they are, I'm guessing this trip is partially sponsored somehow...fundies love to fund raise for their "missions," and there's seemingly no end to the amount of people willing to throw their money in that direction.

I wonder if they could be part of a group to demonstrate support for Israel at a time that many Israelis are in the streets, protesting.

• Like 1