Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

In September, episode 15-4 of Cook's Country on PBS featured Tater Tot Hotdish. It was explained as having been developed during the Great Depression as a way of stretching the food budget. Hosts Julia and Bridget loved it.

https://www.wskg.org/episodes/2022-09-17/cooks-country-tater-tot-hotdish-ep-1504

An improved version without the cream of mushroom soup and with parmesan incorporated with the cream sauce.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

In September, episode 15-4 of Cook's Country on PBS featured Tater Tot Hotdish. It was explained as having been developed during the Great Depression as a way of stretching the food budget. Hosts Julia and Bridget loved it.

https://www.wskg.org/episodes/2022-09-17/cooks-country-tater-tot-hotdish-ep-1504

Dehumidifier, the link you shared was from WSKG-TV. Are you from Binghamton? That's my hometown (well, actually, Johnson City is) and I used to work at WSKG about 30 years ago! 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Y'all have one job, and you can't even do that right. 

Exactly.  They are smug and self righteous and shove their perverse version of Christianity down everyone's throat but they can't even seem to live the life they claim is the One Best Way in a way that makes their choice look positive or even happy.  It's just one big sad mess.

• Like 12
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Yes, but still with the much maligned tater tots.

I still avoid Tater Tots.  I slipped on one in the school cafeteria and had two shoulder surgeries.  Besides being of less than optimal nutrition, they are slippery as heck.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 11
  • Hugs 7
1 hour ago, SMama said:

They now have broccoli cheddar tots and they are not bad. Has anyone tried them? I doubt the J crew has heard of them.

I've tried them...they are decent, but, I have to admit that I do like tater tots, and have to keep myself from buying them, because I'd probably eat the bag in two sittings. Sometimes I splurge on a bag when Mr Jyn is away. I've also made zucchini tots from scratch for the Grand-Jynlets, and they go over well.

• Like 10

I crave them every few years and then go another few years without eating them. I'd personally rather eat hashbrowns than tater tots. 

Tater Tots GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I've never had tater tot casserole and can't say I'm tempted to try it, but I can readily believe that it is tasty when made by people who aren't Duggars. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm tot neutral. I don't mind them, but I don't seek them out. 

That sums up how I feel about them.  A few weeks ago I had a skillet at Perkins that had "smashed" tots.  It was very good.  It was smashed into small crispy bits of potato that were really tasty.

• Like 7

They are so spectacularly wasteful and disrespectful of the environment (I'm in Northern CA where we were on Spare the Air days for most of the holiday week so I may be more sensitized to this than some). Plus, they breed like freaking rabbits so how big do these productions need to be? Get lives, morons.

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
46 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

James did a video on behind the scenes of Jed and Katey's gender reveal.  I am glad they got the car out of the pond that night. It was an odd reveal.  Guess he is trying to make Duggars gone wild happen.  

ANOTHER one with that douchey hair? 🤡🤡🤡

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

James is a real creeper. His videos only make me dislike him more. 

It’s a shame, because I always thought he was one of the cuter and more unusual looking when they were younger. Now he’s just melded into the group of annoying looking J-boys. 

• Like 8
On 12/30/2022 at 7:17 AM, Dehumidifier said:

What luck! The LI PBS station WLIW (21 in the NYC area) is showing this very episode at 3:30PM today, per the guide. In addition to the tater tot hotdish, it features corn strippers, buckeye candies and Wisconsin butter burgers. Check your local PBS station!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Totally said:

Does anyone know who the other guys in the video are

James' usual pals in his asinine adventures. Orange hoodie, Noah Robinson, Dark hair and jacket, Evan Peters. Gray hat and hoodie, Elijah Kaneshiro.

• Useful 3
On 12/29/2022 at 10:08 PM, Zella said:

I agree! I sometimes have mixed feelings when we tear into the women about their housekeeping because their spouses can and should pitch in and share responsibility for the filth and chaos we've seen. I firmly believe everyone should know basic cooking and cleaning and laundry stuff. That's just basic adulting skills.

But at the same time, they're the ones harping on and on about these divisions of labor and preening over how superior they are for their beliefs, so it's also a matter of holding them accountable to their own weird rules. Y'all have one job, and you can't even do that right. 

Yes. These are people that constantly lament about gender roles and women’s work- but NONE of the women seem to excel at the tasks they are supposed to be able to do! (Except for Jana, who seems pretty handy at decor and gardening) And given there are so many of them, and it’s a HOLIDAY, the effort just looks so poor. Of course not everyone is going to be the most excellent cook or housekeeper or decorator, but between all of them (again besides Jana) can they put something together?

Also the men in the Lonely J’s can cook too. Or go to the store and bring in put away the groceries so someone could cook it. Work was often divided by gender among my elders but the older men did DO things until they were physically incapable. What did any of the men at home do to help prepare for the holiday? Shop? Scrub the floor? Garbage duty?

• Like 18
37 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Referring to "garbage duty" reminds me of Anna smugly bragging that was FF's domain, famously adding, "At least I HAVE a husband." 

That aged like milk. 

And I think she was lying, or at least greatly exaggerating. I simply cannot believe that lazy slob regularly took out the garbage. This is the guy who made her carry the luggage on their wedding night and who routinely strutted ahead of her in public, leaving her struggling to herd all the kids by herself. 

I could see Josh taking out the garbage once in a blue moon and then expecting her to lavish him with praise and thanks (and pouting like a child if she didn’t), but not as a regular chore.

• Like 16

Now come on y'all, he greets the kids individually when he comes from work! That's some real stellar, sustained parenting, per Anna. He doesn't have time for chores after all that. 

• LOL 11
5 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

The guy spray-painting the car was downwind, so he must have been inhaling the paint spray. 

Seems like a lot of trouble for nothing.  I never will figure out the allure of these gender reveals.   

It gave James a chance to show off his mastery of heavy machinery. 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Why they made that dining room so narrow has always bugged me.  Add a foot or two to make access to the table easy and please, please keep the bathroom door closed.  Why that was stuck there was another mystery.

What a joyless crew.

• Like 13
7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Why they made that dining room so narrow has always bugged me.  Add a foot or two to make access to the table easy and please, please keep the bathroom door closed.  Why that was stuck there was another mystery.

What a joyless crew.

Could it be because it was a pre fab home? Maybe they couldn’t customize it to meet their needs. I agree with you, close that bathroom door, rubes.

• Like 8
On 12/30/2022 at 4:23 PM, SMama said:

They now have broccoli cheddar tots and they are not bad. Has anyone tried them? I doubt the J crew has heard of them.

My local grocery store had a freebie for Dr. Praeger's veggie dinosaurs. Basically, a broccoli cheddar tot. They were pretty good. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
26 minutes ago, SMama said:

Could it be because it was a pre fab home? Maybe they couldn’t customize it to meet their needs. I agree with you, close that bathroom door, rubes.

It was a customizable steel frame home they made from multiple kits so it was fully the Duggar design which means Jim Bob set it up to be a long skinny room.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Little Fernie - her hair! I wonder how long before Jessa insists she has wavy/curly hair like her siblings? I think Henry and Ivy were around 2 before the curls were forced.

I must go back to school and learn how to read because I read this little Fennie getting her fur permmed. But then I remembered that my kids gave the dog a makeover and dyed the white cat purple with Grape Kool-Aid and I understood.

• LOL 7
20 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

Even with the smaller crowd they're using disposable dinnerware. Their stryofoam will be in that landfill forever. 

What is it with these people and styrofoam? I refuse to use styrofoam products, they disintegrate if you try to cut anything on your plate, it's wasteful, and it's tacky. I don't think it's cheaper than paper plates. What is the attraction?

If it wasn't for his hateful beliefs, learned helplessness, and arrogance, I would feel bad for Ben. Derick is a lawyer, Jeremy will have a good for nothing PhD in divinity, but he will grift his way into a cushy job, and maintain the LA lifestyle.

What does Ben have? He is a pastor of a church without a congregation. He and his wife sank thousands remodeling a house they do not own. Even if the deed is on their name eventually he is stuck. A baby every two years a la Anna Smuggar. What a terrible existence for someone who was so bright eyed and bushy tailed when he began courting the "hot Duggar daughter." What a waste of a college degree. No ambition there, just resentment towards Jessa.

Austin will never be interested in pursuing a college education and that's fine.  I don't think everyone is college material, and if there is no interest a degree is worthless. But Austin hustles, builds houses, goes on hunting trips, is a small aircraft pilot, and ski dives. Of the sons in law Ben is the only one who has no sense of direction, no friends, no hobbies, nothing to show for after selling his soul to the devil JB. Papa Seewald must be so proud of his first born son.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 8
  • Sad 8
16 minutes ago, SMama said:

What is it with these people and styrofoam? I refuse to use styrofoam products, they disintegrate if you try to cut anything on your plate, it's wasteful, and it's tacky. I don't think it's cheaper than paper plates. What is the attraction?

I have only used a styrofoam plate maybe once in the last 10  years. We were on vacation and went to the local grocery/liquor store (this was in the real boonies) and bought a coffee cake for breakfast the next morning as we were leaving super early. That is all they had and they were cheap at a $1. I brought them home but hated to use them for anything but maybe a snack. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Meow Mix said:

I hate their habit of putting a kid n a high chair off by themselves nowhere near anyone else.  Ben practically has his back turned to her.  And why is Josie wearing a brace?

In the video, Ben does turn Fern's way so she's not totally ignored. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1