Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Does anyone know if this is true: Another website posted that the Jana/Tim Tebow dating is a go...anyone heard of "OK Magazine"? They seem to have the story. Thanks guys.

It's your typical celebrity tabloid. They run stories about people being pregnant, divorcing, dating, etc. without any proof other than "an anonymous source close to the family." Take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure you'll hear an official word from the Duggars if that was the case. (Then again, who knows, could be true, just unlikely until there is actual evidence)

• Love 2

I saw the picture and though that Jana looked fine. I thought that the sweater was cute, and it fit her -- unlike the clothes that so many of them wear. Don't even get me started on the layers of rags that some of her sisters choose to wear.

Including the light blue button down preppy shirt Jill used to live in. Hopefully she won't fit into it after Baby Dilly arrives. But she could repurpose it by wearing it open with a shirt underneath. Don't get me started on those floor sweeping jean skirts.......

If these Tebow rumors are true, then I hope it works out well for Jana.  I would hate to see the treatment she would probably get from members of her family if she went through a public courtship with someone relatively well-known and have her reputation "tarnished" for having a failed courtship.

• Love 1

The skirts drive me crazy. Denim is a heavy fabric, and long skirts made out of old jeans are heavy and hang oddly. It is really easy to make skirts, and if they want to wear long skirts, they could sew them quickly and easily out of nice fabric.

Also, their clothes just don't fit, and the skirts are a perfect example. They aren't fitted properly at the waist, and the fabric bunches oddly at the crotch. As a result, the shirts they wear look awful. A good example of this is the Thanksgiving photo of Jill with Derick's family. I know she's pregnant, but this is how all of the girls look. Even if the clothes were nice, they don't fit properly, and hang awkwardly, and they just look rumpled and un-kept.

I've said this before, but there are plenty of people who dress modestly and look good. I used to live in NYC and was green with envy over the beautiful merino wool skirts that the Hasidic women wore (not their lifestyle, just the skirts). I do genealogy research and spend a lot of time at Mormon Temples. The people that I meet there are always dressed modestly in clean clothes that fit them properly. Look at a picture of Mitt Romney's family -- you could hardly call them anything but modest in their fashion choices, but the whole family looks clean and attractive.

Given her options, though, I think Jana dresses pretty well. There was a scene where Jessa was dressing for a date with Ben. She chose a dress which looked fine, and then pulled on a hideous long, ill-fitting mustard colored cardigan sweater. At least Jana doesn't wear the layers and layers of ill-fitting clothing that her sisters find fashionable.

• Love 5

^^^^This. I've spent so much of my life around women of fundamentalist sects, and most of them dress BEAUTIFULLY. They are incredibly modest, yes, and many do often shop at thrift stores or make their own clothes, but that often gives them an advantage over the rest of us because their clothes are tailored to fit, timeless and of higher quality.

The Duggars just don't know quality when they see it. They would spend $100 to save $50 but could just as easily spend $50 and while not save anything immediately, not need to spend another $50 again.

• Love 5

^^^^This. I've spent so much of my life around women of fundamentalist sects, and most of them dress BEAUTIFULLY. They are incredibly modest, yes, and many do often shop at thrift stores or make their own clothes, but that often gives them an advantage over the rest of us because their clothes are tailored to fit, timeless and of higher quality.

The Duggars just don't know quality when they see it. They would spend $100 to save $50 but could just as easily spend $50 and while not save anything immediately, not need to spend another $50 again.

Very true. The Duggars don't look poorly put-together because they don't spend much on their clothes, but because they don't know what quality or good taste truly is.

• Love 1

The thing with Jana she wouldn't be cut off. She has the show that she can profit from unlike other fundies who leave and have nothing. And imagine if J'chelle shunned one of their kids, all hell would break lose. I hope Jana can live the life she wants but when you been brainwashed and abused your whole entire life that's hard.

• Love 2

This reminds me of a line my Dad used to say all the time - "Only the rich and the stupid buy junk..." Dad taught us that smart people bought the best they could afford, so they would not need to go out and buy more of the same a short time later. My parents did not buy often, but they made sure to buy quality so they would get their money's worth.

• Love 2

This reminds me of a line my Dad used to say all the time - "Only the rich and the stupid buy junk..." Dad taught us that smart people bought the best they could afford, so they would not need to go out and buy more of the same a short time later. My parents did not buy often, but they made sure to buy quality so they would get their money's worth.

You really saw this on the two shopping trips that Anna made to the consignment store - one a few years ago, and one recently with her sister. They ended up buying about 100 outfits (total was $170) and and at least some of the outfits were only a dollar.

First, they state that's like buying "only three dresses." Really? Is every dress an Easter dress quality dress in your home? Not any that you bought today that I could see....

Second, I have a three year old and I KNOW some of those dresses and they are junk. Not worth a dollar when for three dollars you could get one three racks down that is a really GREAT dress she will wear twenty times and go through wash after wash. But you can't "save" as much if you are buying three dollar dresses that last a year when you could buy the dollar dress that disintegrates after you wear it twice.

• Love 5

Seems like rumors are heating up about Jana and Tim Tebow. If is true, I am soooooo happy for her!  Saw this on E! Online.

http://www.eonline.com/news/603753/is-tim-tebow-dating-a-duggar-daughter-get-the-scoop

Good for her if true, because it means she will be completely free of her father. But, the odds of it being true are unlikely and just based on internet rumors. I'll believe it when there's photographic evidence.

• Love 3

If the Tebow thing is actually getting off the ground, it seems that this would be totally an arranged marriage. I mean, with Jill & Derrick and Jessa & Ben at least there was some semblance of the guys seeking the girls out (even if it was largely Bob's machinations in the background leading up to it). But Derrick & Ben are just normal fundie boys, not household names.

I really don't get their approach to marriage...does being the head of the household confer some sort of infallibility when it comes to recognizing God's choice for your daughter?

As has been mentioned before, as sheltered as the Duggar girls are from contact with the male of the species, it's practically a given that they will fancy themselves in love with the first guy that they actually get to have any sort of interaction with. But the speed at which these courtships (well, Jill's, anyway) and engagements lead to marriage doesn't give them the chance to fully get to know each other.

I know arranged marriages can actually have a decent chance of success, but they have never traditionally been part of the Christian ideal of God leading one to the right person for them.

• Love 1

Hmmmm....it's certainly not American. But the arranged marriages that I know (I personally know two couples, and have contact with a few others) are from Christians in Syria/Palestine, which have rites that actually go back much further than anything in European traditions and another couple who are Russian Orthodox, which, again, is another very old form of Christianity and not one terribly familiar to most Anericans. They don't celebrate Christmas on the same day, for instance.

Edited by GEML

Again, sorry to dissent but, along with liking long hair (and just because it's long doesn't mean the ends are "damaged"), I'm not one to worry particularly about what I wear...  If I'm decently covered and its relatively clean, I'm good to go.  Other things are more important and (unlike Jessa), I don't spend my life obsessing over my reflection in the mirror.  I happen to think American women spend way too much time, energy, and money on their appearance and being "stylish," so I can't fault them for this.  Maybe I'm a "lost" Duggar, LOL...

• Love 3
Hmmmm....it's certainly not American. But the arranged marriages that I know (I personally know two couples, and have contact with a few others) are from Christians in Syria/Palestine, which have rites that actually go back much further than anything in European traditions and another couple who are Russian Orthodox, which, again, is another very old form of Christianity and not one terribly familiar to most Anericans. They don't celebrate Christmas on the same day, for instance.

Yes, good point, GEML...I was actually going to add that it was more of an American viewpoint, and that arranged marriages were most probably at least as common as any other kind in the not-even-so-distant past, but somehow omitted it. Thanks.

However, in the USA, in this day and age (and probably in the experience of pretty much anyone still alive), the ideal for the Christian of marriageable age and inclination seems to be prayer and being in the right place at the right time for God's plan to work out.

I suppose a point could be made that God could still be behind the steps leading to an arranged marriage, but it seems far les likely when the couple in question don't get to meet, realize there's an attraction, and have a relationship naturally evolve.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix

I think with a traditional arranged marriage there's greater transparency on the part of the arrangers and rather different expectations for the couple. Those I've been familiar with went into it knowing it was a kind of business deal between families, a strategic alliance. Romantic love wasn't necessarily an expectation. The individuals hope they will get along, come to love one another and there's an emphasis on each of their roles in the agreement.

What the Duggars do is attempt to marry (hehe) this traditional arrangement with modern ideas of mating for love. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 5

Why is it right for the girls to marry someone with a real education and experience but they can't get real educations or experience?

I think the Janbow rumors are to stop poplin from talking about Jana being a stay at home daughter

I think the Janbow rumors are to stop poplin from talking about Jana being a stay at home daughter

I had the same thought but why hasn't there been any denial for camp Tebow!?      I guess they are letting the stories run for the publicity for Mama Tebow and to keep Tim's name in the press.

The Tebow thing is interesting on many fronts

1) I hope it's sincere, because Jana deserves a good guy.  Now, is Daddy arranging this because of the whole LGBT fiasco, and is hoping for some decent press?  Possibly.  If it's at the expense of his daughter, I'll personally volunteer to give him a vasectomy with a butter knife.

2) It would get Jana out of the Fundie world.  Yeah, Tebow is Conservative Christian.  But not Gothard Kool Aid Fundie.  Plus, to fit in with the NFL lifestyle, Jana has to scale back and dress regular modest, not Fundie modest.  She will be representing her husband, NOT her crack ball family. 

3) Jill and Jessa would be completely, utterly humbled.  Yeah, they punched the married card and V card before the eldest sister, but even basic NFL money beats out Wal-mart money and...well, whatever the hell Ben does money. 

4) Jim Bob will have to fork out a fortune for that wedding and reception.  This is a nationally known football player, no flip flops and root beer floats here.

5) Jim Bob will have very little control.  You think Tebow doesn't have agents and PR people who help call the shots?  Jim Bob and Joshiekins will be outnumbered, out-finagled, and out classed.  Jana will be untouchable to the Duggar agenda

• Love 10

1) I hope it's sincere, because Jana deserves a good guy. Now, is Daddy arranging this because of the whole LGBT fiasco, and is hoping for some decent press? Possibly. If it's at the expense of his daughter, I'll personally volunteer to give him a vasectomy with a butter knife.

2) It would get Jana out of the Fundie world. Yeah, Tebow is Conservative Christian. But not Gothard Kool Aid Fundie. Plus, to fit in with the NFL lifestyle, Jana has to scale back and dress regular modest, not Fundie modest. She will be representing her husband, NOT her crack ball family.

3) Jill and Jessa would be completely, utterly humbled. Yeah, they punched the married card and V card before the eldest sister, but even basic NFL money beats out Wal-mart money and...well, whatever the hell Ben does money.

4) Jim Bob will have to fork out a fortune for that wedding and reception. This is a nationally known football player, no flip flops and root beer floats here.

5) Jim Bob will have very little control. You think Tebow doesn't have agents and PR people who help call the shots? Jim Bob and Joshiekins will be outnumbered, out-finagled, and out classed. Jana will be untouchable to the Duggar agenda

All of these are reasons why I think the Duggar Tebow thing is a lie. Jana is too much of an asset to just hand off to a man who Jim Boob can't control. I'm perfectly prepared to resign myself to the prayer closet if this does happen, though.

(Happily, I might add. Jana and Jessa are my two favorite Duggar girls, I'd love to see Jana happy.)

• Love 1

Which football position do the Duggar woman represent best: Wide receiver or Tight end?

See what happens when you peek out of the prayer closet?  You post things that put you right back in.  LOL

• Love 5

I had the same thought but why hasn't there been any denial for camp Tebow!?      I guess they are letting the stories run for the publicity for Mama Tebow and to keep Tim's name in the press.

I don't read anything into a lack of denial from the Tebows. Assuming this isn't true, it would still come across and horribly offensive for them to put out a 'No way - they aren't courting/dating' message. 

• Love 1

The prayer closet has Wi-Fi, Jellybeans insisted on it.

Did the Duggars give you the secret password to get on-line?

I hope Jana can escape with Tebow or whoever but then that leaves Jinger & Joy to be the Buddy Team leaders. Maybe Jana can figure a way for them all to escape. In the real world, Jana & Jinger could share an apartment with Joy joining them when she finishes Home Foolin or turns 18.

If The JanBow rumors are true and they end up getting married I hope she is a good baby catcher cause T sure can't pass worth a darn.

JanBow? Yeah, their names don't lend themselves as readily to that game as Dill or Benessa. What could you really do with them? Jim? Jam? Tiana?

JanBow? Yeah, their names don't lend themselves as readily to that game as Dill or Benessa. What could you really do with them? Jim? Jam? Tiana?

Tbagger? Yes I know im going to hell for that one.

For Christ's sake man! Get in that prayer closet. NOW. No WiFi unless MECHELLe says so.

• Love 1

I think if there is any shred of truth to the Jana/Tebow thing, they are in the "getting to know you" phase with some Skyping and some texting of Bible verses.

I don't know that it would ever lead to anything. Despite the fact that Jane literally "wrote the book" on relationships, her only role models in this are Jill and Jessa (and, of course, her parents). I think she would be expecting daily texts and Skype calls, and would probably be disappointed that TT has a job and has to go to work, and doesn't have time to text all day. I think Jana is a lot more mature than her sisters but, again, she has a very limited frame of reference.

I would LOVE to see her court TT if only so that she could blow off her chores with "Sorry, I'm courting." And when Josh and Anna call to have her come and help with the kids ('cause they're so on top of raking care of three that they need a fourth), she could just say, "sorry, I'm courting." And when Jill asks her to just drop by and clean up the house and make Derick something to eat because she has a newborn, she could say, "I'd love to help, but I'm courting."

• Love 7

I'm feeling bad for Jana.  I don't think the rumors are true, and I bet they embarrass her.  When it all comes to nothing, the rags are going to say that TT rejected her.  If anything, maybe the publicity is attracting a nice conservative Christian who hasn't heard about the Duggars.  I'm rooting for Jana.

• Love 2

I'm feeling bad for Jana.  I don't think the rumors are true, and I bet they embarrass her.  When it all comes to nothing, the rags are going to say that TT rejected her.  If anything, maybe the publicity is attracting a nice conservative Christian who hasn't heard about the Duggars.  I'm rooting for Jana.

I agree. I don't think the rumors are true either. If you Google "Tim Tebow college girlfriend" he seems to favor hot-to-trot blondes that you'd find in any L.A. nightclub. Granted, the girls you date are often different than the girl you marry, but if he goes for the sexy trophy wife type that really isn't Jana.

• Love 1

ENews had a little bit on the rumors, didn't say much, Teboob said you meet someone and the next thing you know they (media) say your having 4 babies.

It's a Duggar girl.  Four babies is a modest estimate :-p

• Love 1

Jana seems too prim and proper for me to believe she would go with a guy with a personality.  I doubt such a guy would have her.  She surely suffers from the same lack of conversational and interactive skills as her sisters.  She says the least of the show, and may have swallowed the whole Gothard garbage hook, line, and sinker.  She's spent enough time at that stupid camp they have.  She like to "counsel" other girls.  I think they all need somebody equally unworldly.

• Love 2

1) I hope it's sincere, because Jana deserves a good guy.  Now, is Daddy arranging this because of the whole LGBT fiasco, and is hoping for some decent press?  Possibly.  If it's at the expense of his daughter, I'll personally volunteer to give him a vasectomy with a butter knife.

2) It would get Jana out of the Fundie world.  Yeah, Tebow is Conservative Christian.  But not Gothard Kool Aid Fundie.  Plus, to fit in with the NFL lifestyle, Jana has to scale back and dress regular modest, not Fundie modest.  She will be representing her husband, NOT her crack ball family. 

3) Jill and Jessa would be completely, utterly humbled.  Yeah, they punched the married card and V card before the eldest sister, but even basic NFL money beats out Wal-mart money and...well, whatever the hell Ben does money. 

4) Jim Bob will have to fork out a fortune for that wedding and reception.  This is a nationally known football player, no flip flops and root beer floats here.

5) Jim Bob will have very little control.  You think Tebow doesn't have agents and PR people who help call the shots?  Jim Bob and Joshiekins will be outnumbered, out-finagled, and out classed.  Jana will be untouchable to the Duggar agenda

All of this is why I want it to be true. Especially the bit with the butter knife. Yes. That.

A split end?

A fullback bursting thru the gap?

the end zone celebration will now include T'janabowing with hand sex, longing sighs, and deep thoughtful looks.  first one to dance & spike the baby gets 15 yardsticks in the prayer closet.

I don't follow sports so I don't know anything much about Tim Tebow, other than that he is a religious Christian football player. Having said that, someone posted here that Tim isn't they type of Christian guy that would go along with Jana's parents' idea of courting....and all those silly rules of not being alone at all, no affection, chaperones, etc. Is that they kind of guy he is? Would Jim Bob bend those rules for a prize like him for Jana? I, personally would like to see Jana get someone really great, but for HER, not publicity or for her parents. I also would like to see Jinger surprise everyone with that cute good looking guy, Skylar, remember him from the bunk bed and painting project he helped Josh with and I would like to see maybe Jana and Tim, if they are suited...and the big payoff for me, personally, would be to see Michelle without ALL of her older chief cooks, bottlewashers, housekeepers and nannies. Watch them hire out paid help asap; friends like Mrs. Query, etc.

Agreed that the Duggars do need some distracting GOOD press to distance themselves from the gay thing. He knows quite well that everyone would like to see Jana get her own life and it would be ratings gold.

They should also be aware that Jana will be 25 next month. It isn't so easy to find a 26+ year old virgin man who hasn't been married and doesn't already have 5 kids. Their belief system dictates early marriages; so it's likely that the selection is quite slim. By that age, the better candidates have already been snatched up. Michelle needs to change gears and think of her daughter first and "encourage" JB to find her a good husband and soon.

• Love 3

Since I think Jim-Bob and Michelle's plan is for Jana to take care of the kids until they are grown and then take care of her then-elderly parents, I would cheer any chance of her getting out and leading her own life.  Tim Tebow seems like a nice guy, even though I don't agree with his ideas, and that would certainly get her out of the Gothard circle.

However, when I read the original blind item, it described the daughter as "barely legal", and Jana being 24 she would seem a bit older than that. 

• Love 2

They should also be aware that Jana will be 25 next month. It isn't so easy to find a 26+ year old virgin man who hasn't been married and doesn't already have 5 kids.

On the subject of finding an age-appropriate and faith-appropriate mate for the getting-up-there-in-years Jana, I just had a horrifying thought. What if Boob arranged for her to marry a nice, Gothardiate widower who already had a handful of small kids? Not that it isn't a noble thing to be a stepparent . . . but to me it would be beyond tragic if she were freed from the TTH only to be plunged into another situation where she was raising a houseful of someone else's kids.

• Love 3

On the subject of finding an age-appropriate and faith-appropriate mate for the getting-up-there-in-years Jana, I just had a horrifying thought. What if Boob arranged for her to marry a nice, Gothardiate widower who already had a handful of small kids? Not that it isn't a noble thing to be a stepparent . . . but to me it would be beyond tragic if she were freed from the TTH only to be plunged into another situation where she was raising a houseful of someone else's kids.

Least she wouldn't lose her figure. And besides, those kids would be past the 2 year old stage, they can raise themselves!

Yeah right giving his virginal daughter his prized procession to a man whose been married and gave his heart away. I think that would be good for Jana but a bug no no for JB

Unless he's more concerned about her keeping pure. My mother wished for me to marry a widow with kids, so we'd never have to be intimate. (Yes, I'm being serious).