Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Talking with any of this bunch would be a painfully short conversation with me.  They are all "Jesus" this or the "Lord" that, and blessings and thanks and so good and blah blah.  No political opinion that varies from the topic of abortion, no current events, no history, no nothing.  Not even, Hey, my OBGYN is a butcher!  

• Love 2

The tension between Jana and Jessa is too intense. I cringed at every interaction between the two in Jessa's VSE. I really hope Jana is close with Jinger and/or Joy-Anna (I think maybe Joy is closer to her, but that could just be because they now share THs together).

I think Jana gets a kick out of Joyless Anna's brutal honesty at times; sometimes the latter just flat-out tells it like it is, and you can see the former holding back a guffaw.

• Love 2

I do think Jana and Joy like each other.  Joy and Jinger seemed closer when they were younger - mostly because they were constantly shooting eyerolls at each other when JimBob opened his stupid mouth.  But then it seemed like Jinger moved on to mostly hanging out with Jessa; makes sense given the fairly significant age difference.  I've heard that Joy mostly still would prefer to hang out with Josiah, but they don't show it on-camera.  No idea if that's true, but it doesn't entirely surprise me if it is.

I read a post from someone, somewhere recently, which hits a nail of the head about Jana.....she DOES dress like a thirteen year old girl! Spot on. She is a 24 year old woman and needs to reflect that in her clothing. She is NO kid. Most of them do dress awfully. Joy Anna needs to get some clothes that actually FIT HER body type. Grow up, Jana, and maybe your parents will notice that you aren't a little girl any more and need to be respected for your age. Also, start acting like a woman and not a jr high school girl.

• Love 1

I can't remember exactly where I read this, but there was a rumor out there that the Tebow parents were visiting the Duggars and people wondered if Tim was interested in courting Jana. I have no idea what religion the Tebows are (does Tim even play football anymore?) except that they are Christians and he was homeschooled along with his 4 or 5 siblings. People speculate Jim Bob would not allow Jana to marry an athlete, but I really have to wonder about that. 

The Tebows are Baptist - Southern Baptist, I think, same as Derrick. Baptist in an of itself doesn't actually mean anything, as I know Baptists who actively support gay rights and those who won't ordain women and everything in between.

I don't think the athleticism would be a problem. But the Duggars are little celebrities compared to Tim Tebow. JB might have an issue with that, and to be honest, as Jana has never been the most outgoing or camera seeking of the Duggar children, I'm not sure how comfortable she would be in a truly national spotlight.

Wouldn't that be something -- Jana and Tim Tebow? I'm not sure if JB would be comfortable with it, since Tebow is an actual celebrity and won't be dancing to JB's tune since he surely does not need a house or a job from JB. I believe he's a free agent right now; he's only 27 so I imagine he has some playing years left, so if he gets picked up by a team in say Minnesota or Fl. (I don't follow football closely -- randomly saying that), that would mean Jana would be gone. I think Jana would be fine with that -- gets her away from her family and allows her to have her own life with her husband.

While I don't think JB would be jumping at the idea of such a courtship, if Tim somehow has an eye on Jana -- I don't think JB will affirmatively say no either. After all it settles his oldest daughter to have a millionaire's lifestyle but with a man who is outspoken about faith. It gives him something to brag about in fundie circles. Instead of people whispering -- why isn't his oldest daughter married yet -- he gets to say "bc I was waiting for the right man, and I don't see you landing a millionaire son in law like I did." It helps his competition with the Bates -- Alyssa married a senator's son. And moreover it helps JB get his grown kids settled -- after he retires it's quite likely starts up a business or foundation of his own as many pro athletes do since they have the money and need to do something; well there's another source of possible employment for his sons or sons in law.

As for Jana -- are NFL wives really that much in the spotlight? I mean some of them want to be -- they're always with "their man," they're using their last name to launch clothing lines, appear on talk shows etc. But with some -- I don't even know if they have a wife. Some players deliberately keep their wife and family out of the spotlight -- probably to protect them from criticism for every little thing but also to protect them from stalkers out there. The QB of the Ravens if from my area (2-3 hrs from Baltimore); while he has a condo/townhome in Baltimore where I'm sure his wife spends time during the season, they've made their real home in his hometown in my area -- that's where she usually is, raising the kids and doing normal things like soccer practice. I could see Jana doing something similar.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 2

For a variety of reasons, Tebow can't stay OUT of the media. Given how outspoken he's been about his own abstinence choice, for instance, any woman he marries will be much more visible than the average NFL player, even one of the stars.

• Love 1

As for Jana -- are NFL wives really that much in the spotlight? I mean some of them want to be -- they're always with "their man," they're using their last name to launch clothing lines, appear on talk shows etc. But with some -- I don't even know if they have a wife. Some players deliberately keep their wife and family out of the spotlight -- probably to protect them from criticism for every little thing but also to protect them from stalkers out there. The QB of the Ravens if from my area (2-3 hrs from Baltimore); while he has a condo/townhome in Baltimore where I'm sure his wife spends time during the season, they've made their real home in his hometown in my area -- that's where she usually is, raising the kids and doing normal things like soccer practice. I could see Jana doing something similar.

My cousin's best friend played for the Phoenix Cardinals.  His friend's wife was never accepted by the other wives and they treated her like garbage - because she worked.  These women were socialite wannabes who did little other than go to charitable events with their furs and get photographed for newspapers.  I wouldn't wish this life on Jana.  They'd eat her alive and she wouldn't even know it.

For a variety of reasons, Tebow can't stay OUT of the media. Given how outspoken he's been about his own abstinence choice, for instance, any woman he marries will be much more visible than the average NFL player, even one of the stars.

The big question is whether or not he would actually play in the NFL.  He has't played in a few years and seems to be doing well for himself on ESPN and Good Morning America.  

• Love 1

My husband is a big football person, so we have a lot of sports shows on. I don't think Tebow has much of a future as a Quarterback. If he's willing to be a wide receiver, maybe. But as long as people enjoy him as a Broadcaster, I don't see him returning.

• Love 3

I can't remember exactly where I read this, but there was a rumor out there that the Tebow parents were visiting the Duggars and people wondered if Tim was interested in courting Jana. I have no idea what religion the Tebows are (does Tim even play football anymore?) except that they are Christians and he was homeschooled along with his 4 or 5 siblings. People speculate Jim Bob would not allow Jana to marry an athlete, but I really have to wonder about that. 

Jim Bob and Michelle went to hear Pam Tebow (Tim's mom) speak.  There's a picture of them together on the Duggars FaceBook page.

After reading about  Tim and what his values are and what he's been up to lately, it sounds like he's perfect for Jana. He says he can't wait to be a dad but I'm sure that doesn't mean he wants 19 kids himself, he already has an independant career and I don't see anything that would stand in the way of Jim Bob's approval. I think Tim would even be fine appearing on their television show. 

My husband is a big football person, so we have a lot of sports shows on. I don't think Tebow has much of a future as a Quarterback. If he's willing to be a wide receiver, maybe. But as long as people enjoy him as a Broadcaster, I don't see him returning.

If he's a regular on ESPN's NFL's analysis shows as well as GMA, he will be based in NYC or somewhere between there and Bristol, CT (ESPN's headquarters). Can Jana live in the big city, or even the burbs? She seems happy being an invisible fish in her small pond of Tonitown, or even NWA (still on an entirely different scale as even the suburbs of NYC).

Edited by Sew Sumi

Maybe he's the one for Jinger and she can get her city life at last....

I just think that their styles of living are enormously different. The Tebows are educated and cultured people, and the Duggars seem to actually be proud of the fact that they aren't. Yes, they share a lot of religious beliefs, but is honestly don't think that alone is enough to build a marriage on, or else Christians wouldn't have divorce rates equal or even higher to those of less religiously minded people.

• Love 4

Are Jana and her twin close?  I know JB and Michelle weren't crazy about how close Jackson and Hannie were.  God knows you can't trust siblings not to engage in incest.  I would like to think that he's just as quiet and shy as she is, and understands her like no one else.

Unless Tebow goes up to Canada, he's done as a QB. He hasn't played in two years and there's several big name quarterbacks coming out in this year's draft. He seems like a nice enough kid though, if Jana could land a guy like him it certainly wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  

I'm curious as to how she truly felt when she got cut out of all the footage of last week's epi. Even if the producers were going for a "parents try to handle crazy kids on a road trip" theme, it's still really messed up that they deliberately filmed around her.

Eh. Jana never seems like she's really looking for publicity.  She's pretty subdued sometimes, as if she's deliberately dialing it down and not giving the producers much to work with. Sometimes I think a few of the older Dugger kids do this, especially Jana and JD. It's as if they are trying to be boring.  She may have been just fine not being included in the broadcast.

I am just guessing here but I would think if she is there, and filming is happening, she gets paid.  An actor who shows up for work, but who's part is edited out, still gets paid.  She is a legal adult so I bet she and all her adult siblings are directly paid by TLC.  I haven't the faintest idea what happens to that money, but all those adults should be getting paid individually for their work. ( and now Derrick and Ben too )

Isn't Josh sometimes listed as producer? I bet the whole "traveling on our own" plot was his idea. Political lobbyist that he is... he's the one with a family guy image to up hold.

I continue to speculate that Jana has deliberately chosen to stay home and raise her siblings. She knows her parents are not  capable of doing this well anymore.  She got the majority of her mothers attention when she was little ( both the good and the bad)  and she knows her mom can't relate to her children like that now. Michele is so very checked out from her kids, I'm sure Jana is acutely aware of this. I think Jana loves her siblings and wants what's best for them so she is choosing to stay home and raise them for a while.  And maybe she's a little tiered of diapers and doesn't want her own babies yet. I think visiting  Anna and Josh is  a break for her, only three kids instead of the usual 6 kids an 6 teenagers she has to manage at home.  Maybe she just didn't feel like being filmed.  I hope she eventually leaves the family and finds her own happiness, but I don't think that she is staying against her will.

Edited by Honeycocoa
  • Love 1

Are Jana and her twin close?  I know JB and Michelle weren't crazy about how close Jackson and Hannie were.  God knows you can't trust siblings not to engage in incest.  I would like to think that he's just as quiet and shy as she is, and understands her like no one else.

They never mention it, but they don't really seem to be.  They went on that mission trip together, but John was basically ordered to go as her chaperone. 

I still get depressed thinking about how sad it would end up being when Hannie and Jackson would have to be separated.  They're about that age now, aren't they?  I still don't get the reasoning there.  Afraid they won't develop appropriate jender conformity?  Do they actually fear incestuous feelings developing?  I just don't get it.

• Love 1

Regarding Jana and whether she is yearning to be married or content staying at home.  I really don't know.  I think Jana has a true love for children, one that I certainly don't see in Jessa and Jinger.  I have seen a very emotional and sad Jana.  It makes me think of a scene in Little Women.  Beth tells Jo that she had no desire to leave her home and parents and make her own way, but it's difficult now that her sisters have done that, and she feels left behind.  So it could be that even though Jana herself is ambivalent about marriage, she knows that that is the only true course for a female in her religion, and she's in limbo while her younger sisters are following that course - and seem extremely happy.  She's being left behind.

• Love 1

I wonder just how much of a mob does Jana have to cook Thanksgiving dinner for this year? It could easily be 30-40 people, since Meeechelle is inconsiderate and thoughtless as to how much work she delegates to her daughters on a routine basis....Any guesses? You know mama won't be seen near either of those kitchens on Thanksgiving or any other day for that matter; except for attempting to scramble herself an egg in a Styrofoam bowl with a plastic fork.

I think there must be a "sweet spot" in large families where everyone's old enough to care for themselves (or there are enough older ones to care for the littler ones) but not old enough to leave yet, and that's what's been televised.  Even J&M admit that it was tough going in the beginning, before the buddy system, and now its going to be tough going again as the bulk of the work falls on fewer shoulders (it doesn't seem the littler ones will ever step up to the plate, for some reason).  I believe Jana has a vocation as a single - this is recognized in religious circles - but it's gonna be pretty lonely for her when those closest to her In age left living at home are Jackson and Hannie.

Or she may yet surprise us all and run off with the camera man...

• Love 1

I wonder just how much of a mob does Jana have to cook Thanksgiving dinner for this year? It could easily be 30-40 people, since Meeechelle is inconsiderate and thoughtless as to how much work she delegates to her daughters on a routine basis....Any guesses? You know mama won't be seen near either of those kitchens on Thanksgiving or any other day for that matter; except for attempting to scramble herself an egg in a Styrofoam bowl with a plastic fork.

It shouldn't be too bad, lol. After all, how hard is it to open ten gallon-sized cans of Aldi green beans and throw them into a pot to cook? Add in the instant mashed potatoes and Stove Top stuffing and dinner probably doesn't take more than forty minutes to throw together:)

• Love 2

The news reported that most Americans have turned to prepared foods for Thanksgiving. Order from Boston Market or open some cans. Since the bulk of food prep still falls on women, I am all for it.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 1

I'm actually having surgery tomorrow which sounds odd, but it's when all of my family will be here to help, and thus nothing falls too hard on any one person. I think it's lovely when we have meals cooked completely from scratch, but it's more important to enjoy being together.

• Love 5

I'm actually having surgery tomorrow which sounds odd, but it's when all of my family will be here to help, and thus nothing falls too hard on any one person. I think it's lovely when we have meals cooked completely from scratch, but it's more important to enjoy being together.

Hoping all goes well with your surgery.

Edited by amitville
  • Love 6

The Duggar family posted a picture of Jana & JD on their instagram today....JD looks about 15 years older than Jana!  He has visible wrinkles around his eyes and the unfortunate thinning hair/growing widow's peak forehead.  What happens to the Duggar men at age 18 to age them so badly?  Jana looked pretty, as always.

There's a new "Public Figure" Facebook page claiming to be Jana's "official" page. It has that same pic of her and JD, a bible quote, and a pic of her with Josie so far. I haven't seen that pic with Josie anywhere else, so this may be the real deal. I'm only skeptical since neither Jill nor Jessa got social media accounts in their maiden names and only got them after they were engaged, or in Jessa's case, courting for almost a year.

Can we hope this means that she might be getting sprung from the TTH sometime in the near future???

eta: GEML: Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :)

Edited by Sew Sumi

The Duggar family posted a picture of Jana & JD on their instagram today....JD looks about 15 years older than Jana! He has visible wrinkles around his eyes and the unfortunate thinning hair/growing widow's peak forehead. What happens to the Duggar men at age 18 to age them so badly? Jana looked pretty, as always.

I agree, it does seem like something happens to the Duggar guys as they get older. I know they have no control of their receding hairlines but they seem to let the rest of themselves go too. (I read somewhere the male hair pattern has something to do with the genes of the maternal grandfather. This makes sense for them since Boob has a good head of helmet hair for his age.) JD is sporting that beer belly, probably from the drive thru donut place. All the kids & Boob seem to have the white pasty washed out look probably due to lack of vitamins and/or healthier foods. We know the girls have to watch their weight (Gothard rules?) You would never guess that JD & Jana are twins. I think she looks younger than she is & JD looks likes he's in his 30's.

GEML- hope things go well with your surgery.

• Love 1

There's a new "Public Figure" Facebook page claiming to be Jana's "official" page. It has that same pic of her and JD, a bible quote, and a pic of her with Josie so far. I haven't seen that pic with Josie anywhere else, so this may be the real deal. I'm only skeptical since neither Jill nor Jessa got social media accounts in their maiden names and only got them after they were engaged, or in Jessa's case, courting for almost a year.

Can we hope this means that she might be getting sprung from the TTH sometime in the near future???

eta: GEML: Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :)

She commented on Jessa's FB that she now has a FB account so it could be the real deal.

Wishing u a speedy recovery GEML.

Interesting timing. We all start talking about how neglected Jana is, and then she gets a Facebook page. It's not actually an independent life, but it's a start I guess.

I would think she'll be a tad less controversial than her sisters.   JD does look older, but wow they have the same nose. and she and Josie have the same eyes. They don't look all that related to me in  group pictures  but in pairs I can see the similarities.

Hope your surgery goes well GEML, we'll miss you!

Edited by Honeycocoa

She commented on Jessa's FB that she now has a FB account so it could be the real deal.

Wishing u a speedy recovery GEML.

Interesting. Usually, Duggarfam, Jill, and Jessa pimp each other's stuff, not the other way around. But if Quick on the Banhammer Jessa (she got me, and I don't remember posting anything!) didn't delete it, it must be legit.

• Love 3

Interesting. Usually, Duggarfam, Jill, and Jessa pimp each other's stuff, not the other way around. But if Quick on the Banhammer Jessa (she got me, and I don't remember posting anything!) didn't delete it, it must be legit.

Lol, I had to go and look to see if it's still there. 

Wishfull thinking but I wonder if we will see a last name change in the near future.

Edited by abseedee

Could someone please send me the link for Jana's Facebook page? I can't seem to find it on my own for some reason.  Also a recent post on the Duggar Family Facebook page says JD is not and has never been in a courtship.

I was just on Jana's FB page and I find the picture and post of her and Josie really weird. The way that it's worded makes it sound like Josie is her daughter, not her sister (which I guess for all intents and purposes, she is). Even though I know she just opened the page I find it sad she only has pictures of her with other people's children and Bible quotes, no pictures of friends, boyfriends, girls night outs etc; you know, normal stuff. 

GEML, sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery!!!

I, too, immediately found it strangely worded about Jana pictured with Josie as "my little smiley face"...I would expect that from the child's mother, as in reality, Josie ISN'T HER little smiley face....she is her sister. Shows just what's wrong with that family's system.

BTW, best of luck to you, GEML on your surgery. I'm sure you'll be back posting soon and feeling well.....

Wishing you a speedy recovery GEML!

Who writes this crap or more importantly who reads all the stuff we write then sends it into Radar Online? Take is as you would any sleezy rag with a huge grain of salt.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/11/jana-duggar-tim-tebow-19-kids-counting/

Who let's play when's the wedding! LOL And of course Jana will be pregnant within a month then it's baby gender reveal party time. Man we are going to be b.u.s.y.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1

That's not Josie in the profile pic; if anything, it looks like Marcus...  More evidence that she was on the recent trip to Chicago?

You're correct, it's Marcus. The post I was referring to shows a picture of Jana holding Josie with the caption "my little smiley face."

One thing that strikes me about Jana's FB and what I remember about Jill's and Jessa's, is that they post but seldom directly answer others' posts. All the posters (well most of them LOL) are all "Jana u r so pretty n ur family is so godly <3<3<3" and she hasn't yet said "thanks for your kind comments". I know her page has just been up a few days but I'd think she'd be so happy to finally be on social media that she'd be all over it.