Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Episode 5

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Wuthering Heights was written well before the Poldark novels, though I don’t disagree that there are indeed some parallels in the sense that it was as sad story of an unrequited love that ended badly for Cathy and Heathcliff, and we see thus far that Elizabeth doesn’t really have what she wants, either. One generation of Wuthering Heights was more than enough heartbreak.

The original series filmed in the 70s ended where it did because more books had yet not been written.  How far they will continue to film it will depend on interest of the fans or the willingness of the creative.

By the way, I enjoyed your bullet point synopses. Really nicely done!

Oh I think it's just a logistics thing that prevents film/TV adaptations from doing big time jumps. Replacing actors is never easy but at the same time, putting them in tons of old makeup isn't ideal either. And if they were to do the time jump, Ross would have to be around 50 and Demelza 40, which is just hard to buy with the current actors. lol I mean lord knows they're trying with Outlander but it's not really very convincing. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rebecca dewinter said:

and if they were to do the time jump, Ross would have to be around 50 and Demelza 40, which is just hard to buy with the current actors. lol I mean lord knows they're trying with Outlander but it's not really very convincing. 

worse than that - by the time the final book comes around, Ross is 60 and Demelza 50 - it would be very hard to pull that off with 30-something Turner and 20-something Tomlinson, who are more the age their children are supposed to be by that time!

48 minutes ago, Llywela said:

worse than that - by the time the final book comes around, Ross is 60 and Demelza 50 - it would be very hard to pull that off with 30-something Turner and 20-something Tomlinson, who are more the age their children are supposed to be by that time!

The Crown is recasting all the major roles so possibly that's how they could get around it here too, but I don't think that would be great for viewership in this situation. Let's face it, half the buzz surrounding this show revolves around lusting over Aidan Turner. 

• Love 2
On 7/10/2017 at 4:05 PM, Glade said:

The newcomer Armitage really cleaned up well for the funeral--Demelza was right (and sweet) to be so generous with her hugs at the landing!  This was a great episode, however the 'next time on Poldark' previews are really killing my joy--last week's made me fear for Drake's life, and now they've done it again! 

It's amazing what a fresh set of clothes will do.  Like others, I want Armitage to stay and be a potential husband for Morwenna.

On 7/10/2017 at 6:53 PM, Pogojoco said:

I love an episode with a folksy Demelza and a fancy lady Demelza. I thought she was fantastic on that beach. Happy and sad. Generally an excellent Demelza episode. (I love her in general, though.) 

The only thing I didn't like was Demelza telling Drake to find new purpose in his life and then saying 10 seconds later "Oh by the way, Ross is off on a daring rescue in France with a bunch of brave men to save their doctor friend."

I feel like she could've given the "find new purpose" speech to Drake and then Drake either overhear Ross and Demelza talking or have Prudie tell him. It just made Demelza look kind of dumb. 

I think Demelza still looks at Drake as boy, so it may not have occurred to her that he would run off to war.

• Love 2