Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

Season 6 Talk

Recommended Posts

It would so wrong for them to tell MJ that she is in denial.  Deep down she knows.  She isn't ready to give up on her Dad just yet.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

30 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

It would so wrong for them to tell MJ that she is in denial.  Deep down she knows.  She isn't ready to give up on her Dad just yet.

I agree.  Unfortunately, her father was probably sent to rehab in 20 days rather than the average 50, not because of his remarkable recovery, but, because there was little more that they could do for him medically in a hospital setting.  She'll accept it in her own time. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

MJ is such a slovenly person.

Not only is her condo lazy dirty but she was going to stir Reza's drink with her curling iron and then switched to a dirty straw from an old drink on top of her table. 

I would never eat anything from or at her home, so disrespectful.

Omg, I was like wtf is she doing with the curling iron?! 

Mike and MJ need to shut up. I cannot believe how judgmental they are about Asa.  I kind of get MJ, she is so jealous, so every thing she says is imo clearly coming from jealously. Mike on 5he other hand surprised me. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Omg, I was like wtf is she doing with the curling iron?! 

Mike and MJ need to shut up. I cannot believe how judgmental they are about Asa. 

I agree, they do need to shut up but at the same time, Asa brought it on herself at the last reunion. She called them out on not being upfront/honest about their lives on the show and honestly, Asa has kept her real private life hidden the whole time. Asa can't hold the Reality show mirror up to them when she refuses to use it on herself. LOL

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I agree, they do need to shut up but at the same time, Asa brought it on herself at the last reunion. She called them out on not being upfront/honest about their lives on the show and honestly, Asa has kept her real private life hidden the whole time. Asa can't hold the Reality show mirror up to them when she refuses to use it on herself. LOL

She did? I don't remember the reunion to well, but I thought it was mj who was going on  and on an about Asa not sharing her real life. 

Tbh, I'm OK with knowing much much less about MJ, just saying. :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I agree, they do need to shut up but at the same time, Asa brought it on herself at the last reunion. She called them out on not being upfront/honest about their lives on the show and honestly, Asa has kept her real private life hidden the whole time. Asa can't hold the Reality show mirror up to them when she refuses to use it on herself. LOL

Asa is still in the same place.  Makes it hard to believe she really has much of a relationship with Jermaine.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/briennewalsh/2017/07/23/asa-from-shahs-of-sunset-discusses-motherhood-and-poor-treatment-from-cast-during-her-pregnancy/4/#1fbbdc921e8a

Not that the rest of the cast are real gems, but I don't find it all that intrusive on a reality show to ask about the father of her child.  Maybe some basics such as what does the guy do for a living.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not so much on the hate train when it comes to MJ this episode.  I give her a total pass on her messy apartment right now because she has more important (and bigger fish to fry).  Why can't Tommy clean the damned apartment?  His arms and legs broken?  Why can't they hire a cleaning lady?  They can afford it.  I sympathize with MJ because what happened to her dad also happened to my grandmother (although my grandma's situation was a little more extreme).  My grandmother was fine and getting ready to be discharged from the hospital.  We were over the moon.  The next day we went to visit and she was in a coma.  It was like WTF? times a million.  We wound up having to pull the plug.

I'm not hating on Asa so much either right now.  All this grilling about getting married/not getting married.  Asa's in a committed relationship so I don't see what the huge problem is.  Just because people get married and have kids doesn't mean people don't get divorced after the fact.  If Asa and her SO are happy that's all that matters.

I know many people feel Asa's shady and not transparent while she expects others to keep it real but at this point I don't think half of this cast even likes each other anymore.  GG hasn't spoken to Reza/Adam in a year.  MJ and Asa haven't spoken in several months.  Asa hasn't communicated to any of the "friends" until she's 5 months pregnant so are they all really friends anymore?  I sure as hell wouldn't wait 5+ months to tell my very best friends that I'm expecting.  Nope.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

She did? I don't remember the reunion to well, but I thought it was mj who was going on  and on an about Asa not sharing her real life. 

Tbh, I'm OK with knowing much much less about MJ, just saying. :) 

Yes, she went at MJ and Mike about not being honest/real on the show about their lives, yet she holds back the most. 

21 minutes ago, beesknees said:

I'm not so much on the hate train when it comes to MJ this episode.  I give her a total pass on her messy apartment right now because she has more important (and bigger fish to fry).  Why can't Tommy clean the damned apartment?  His arms and legs broken?  Why can't they hire a cleaning lady?  They can afford it.  I sympathize with MJ because what happened to her dad also happened to my grandmother (although my grandma's situation was a little more extreme).  My grandmother was fine and getting ready to be discharged from the hospital.  We were over the moon.  The next day we went to visit and she was in a coma.  It was like WTF? times a million.  We wound up having to pull the plug.

I'm not hating on Asa so much either right now.  All this grilling about getting married/not getting married.  Asa's in a committed relationship so I don't see what the huge problem is.  Just because people get married and have kids doesn't mean people don't get divorced after the fact.  If Asa and her SO are happy that's all that matters.

I know many people feel Asa's shady and not transparent while she expects others to keep it real but at this point I don't think half of this cast even likes each other anymore.  GG hasn't spoken to Reza/Adam in a year.  MJ and Asa haven't spoken in several months.  Asa hasn't communicated to any of the "friends" until she's 5 months pregnant so are they all really friends anymore?  I sure as hell wouldn't wait 5+ months to tell my very best friends that I'm expecting.  Nope.

I think the real reason the apartment is in such bad shape is because they are remodeling it (on top of her fathers illness), so they haven't unpacked.

I suspect MJ's/Mike's questions were based on how their community (Persian) looks at having a child out of wedlock, not how society in general looks at it. 

I agree, these cast members no longer like/care about each other. Asa, made sure to keep her pregnancy a secret until the cameras were rolling, then she gets upset that the others question her motive in doing so! LOL

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I get the whole Persian/cultural baby out of wedlock thing but Mike cheated on Jessica (and wasn't that when they were married?).  Reza cheated on Adam at his bachelor party (oral sex or some nonsense?).  The guys are hypocritical whores.  Asa may not be married but she seems like she's being faithful to her SO.

8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, she went at MJ and Mike about not being honest/real on the show about their lives, yet she holds back the most. 

I think the real reason the apartment is in such bad shape is because they are remodeling it (on top of her fathers illness), so they haven't unpacked.

I suspect MJ's/Mike's questions were based on how their community (Persian) looks at having a child out of wedlock, not how society in general looks at it. 

I agree, these cast members no longer like/care about each other. Asa, made sure to keep her pregnancy a secret until the cameras were rolling, then she gets upset that the others question her motive in doing so! LOL

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Asa ' s nearly 50 if she wants a baby she cannot wait and maybe  she doesn't want to live with Jermaine.

And these jackass especially would go to the waystation. The decent animal sanctuaries wouldn't have them .

.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Is it true that they actually don't live together, I thought the rumor the first season was that it was their duplex and they just pretended to not live together for the show.

I am sorry GG is a fucking hot mess but Adam and Reza talking about her "assault" on him is FUCKING LUDICROUS!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, beesknees said:

I get the whole Persian/cultural baby out of wedlock thing but Mike cheated on Jessica (and wasn't that when they were married?).  Reza cheated on Adam at his bachelor party (oral sex or some nonsense?).  The guys are hypocritical whores.  Asa may not be married but she seems like she's being faithful to her SO.

That still holds true today for many cultures, not just Persians. That said, they were talking about how their culture/community looks at things, guys can sleep with whomever but women can not. Hell, some families within the Persian/Middles Eastern communities within this country (let alone in other countries) still kill any woman that "dishonors" their families, be it dressing too "western", wanting an education, wanting to marry the man of their choice or a woman, having an affair, having sex outside of an approved marriage, not "obeying" their father/husband and/or getting pregnant out of wedlock. As much as we have advanced in society in this country, there are still some that cling to their old barbaric ways.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I agree.  Unfortunately, her father was probably sent to rehab in 20 days rather than the average 50, not because of his remarkable recovery, but, because there was little more that they could do for him medically in a hospital setting.  She'll accept it in her own time. 

Even then they will only continue rehab as long as the patient shows progress. If they  plateau and don't progress they cut it off. Happened with my mother and my dad.

46 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

Asa ' s nearly 50 if she wants a baby she cannot wait and maybe  she doesn't want to live with Jermaine.

And these jackass especially would go to the waystation. The decent animal sanctuaries wouldn't have them .

.

She's 41.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I find it interesting that we've seen flashbacks of GG tearing ass after Reza with no context of how completely odious Reza was suggesting to everyone that GG was faking her rheumatoid arthritis or faking the severity and his terrible fake apology letters to everyone. He is hateful. I'm one who hates when things get physical. GG absolutely owed Adam an apology. However, I wish her apology to Reza had been about her regret at getting physical, but still excoriated Reza for everything he did last season.

Asa isn't candid, but Asa is in her 40s. Her ass didn't get or stay pregnant by accident. I can't imagine that she and Jermaine didn't have discussions about what they would do after the baby was born. I wish the rest of these fuckwits would have the correct argument with Asa. Instead of pretending to be outraged that she is having a baby with a guy she doesn't live with or isn't married to, they could give a variation of the truth--it's hard to have a friendship with a person who isn't mutually candid with you about their life.

3 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

MJ is such a slovenly person.

Not only is her condo lazy dirty but she was going to stir Reza's drink with her curling iron and then switched to a dirty straw from an old drink on top of her table. 

I would never eat anything from or at her home, so disrespectful.

I was pretty sure she was going to stir that drink with the curling iron too. I don't even understand her condo situation. They need to put in countertops and sinks. Are they using the shower for all of their water? Even still, I can't figure out why that place looks the way it does.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Is it true that they actually don't live together, I thought the rumor the first season was that it was their duplex and they just pretended to not live together for the show.

I am sorry GG is a fucking hot mess but Adam and Reza talking about her "assault" on him is FUCKING LUDICROUS!

GG was and is a mess but Reza provoked her wrath. That fucking hypocrite rode her hard last season. The night GG went off on Reza and Adam, Reza sent "mea culpa" letters to everybody that he wrote but signed them from GG.

I hate that fucker Reza. More than any of them. I will have schadenfreude when Karma bites him in the ass.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

I was happy to see that GG seems much calmer this season and is trying to do positive things to curb her rage/anger issues.  Hope I'm not veering off-topic but did GG ever reveal WHY she is so angry?  She was (or still is) in therapy so what's the deal on all of the knives, etc.?, lunging at people, always talking about kicking someone's ass.  Does GG's anger stem from her RA or what?  I never did quite figure that out.  The parents seem supportive, the family seems nice.  I know GG and the sister (Leyla?) have problems but ...

Ouf.  And When GG was apologizing to Adam at the restaurant he was being quite the little bitch.  What the hell was that all about?  I was so disappointed that Adam was being so nasty.  I sorta wanted to pull a butter knife off the table at that point and hit him upside the neck with it.  Dog bite indeed.  (I kid, I kid ...)

Edited by beesknees
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

The night GG went off on Reza and Adam, Reza sent "mea culpa" letters to everybody that he wrote but signed them from GG.

Oh I know she was provoked but also she didn't go off on Adam she literally ran into him when she was chasing after Reza,  I am still shocked there were scratches because it was so quick and so clearly an accident. I wouldn't be surprised if Shervin or was it Mike who actually grabbed her so she didn't punch Reza had more injuries than Adam.

Also, I like that she saved the texts to illustrate that she did apologize at the time. It's not her fault he had her blocked which again seems crazy extreme given the situation and what Reza did. Adam didnt make up the he was attacked by a dog because he was embarrassed by GG he did it because if he told anyone that an angry woman ran into him when she was chasing after his husband the natural follow up would be "why was she upset" and he would have to explain that his husband is a socipathic asshole.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

The text apology from GG to Adam annoyed me because it was a "I'm really sorry that happened to you" apology and not a "I'm sorry for what I did" apology.  One takes responsibility for your actions and one doesn't.   

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, beesknees said:

Hope I'm not veering off-topic but did GG ever reveal WHY she is so angry?

Aside from the Reza thing I think she is an alcoholic/addict and when you are with friends you can't do drugs and that makes an addict crazy.  They just want to go home and do drugs.

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

. Adam didnt make up the he was attacked by a dog because he was embarrassed by GG

He said attacked by a mad dog.  I thought he implied SHE was the mad dog.

Reza is a misogynist!  I have a feeling that the Shahs are a tad bit racist and wouldn't welcome a black man in the group or they just want him on the show for the Jackson name.  I am with Asa, who cares about marriage these days?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

 Hell, some families within the Persian/Middles Eastern communities within this country (let alone in other countries) still kill any woman that "dishonors" their families, be it dressing too "western", wanting an education, wanting to marry the man of their choice or a woman, having an affair, having sex outside of an approved marriage, not "obeying" their father/husband and/or getting pregnant out of wedlock. As much as we have advanced in society in this country, there are still some that cling to their old barbaric ways.

Uh, as a Persian-American woman, say what now? I didn't get this memo. Here in America we're killing our own women that "dishonor" our families? That's news to me and all of my relatives, near and distant, and pretty much any and every Persian person I've met, and I've met quite a lot, whose families immigrated here so their children, including and especially their daughters, could get the best education and opportunities. I'm not understanding where you're gathering this information from.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Mike with the  laquered black and gold furniture and the pink rug.  Reza's place makes me dizzy with all he has going on in there. These Persians and their level of taste cracks me up. 

Then there's MJ's shithole.....

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, beesknees said:

I was happy to see that GG seems much calmer this season and is trying to do positive things to curb her rage/anger issues.  Hope I'm not veering off-topic but did GG ever reveal WHY she is so angry?  She was (or still is) in therapy so what's the deal on all of the knives, etc.?, lunging at people, always talking about kicking someone's ass.  Does GG's anger stem from her RA or what?  I never did quite figure that out.  The parents seem supportive, the family seems nice.  I know GG and the sister (Leyla?) have problems but ...

Ouf.  And When GG was apologizing to Adam at the restaurant he was being quite the little bitch.  What the hell was that all about?  I was so disappointed that Adam was being so nasty.  I sorta wanted to pull a butter knife off the table at that point and hit him upside the neck with it.  Dog bite indeed.  (I kid, I kid ...)

In general, GG just seems to have anger issues. She seems to have been in therapy since her teens. Some people are just wired differently. I don't think there was necessarily a triggering event. I also think her family's diminished expectations and her rheumatoid arthritis don't help.

Reza's awful whisper campaign last season that GG's rheumatoid arthritis wasn't a severe as she was making it out to be has never been fully discussed by this group. I'm still unclear what Reza's forged apology letters were supposed to accomplish. Every fucking season he feels like he has to sabotage someone he's allegedly close to. Season 2 he went after MJ. Season 3 he went after Mike and Lily. In season 4, he proposed to Adam and then talked shit about Adam to everyone and cheated on him. Season 5 it was GG. When is he going to train a critical eye on himself? For the life of me, I cannot figure out why these people don't distance themselves from him. 

Seriously, Mike had to disinvite Reza from participating on the LA Pride Persian gay float because Reza was so hateful.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
9 hours ago, beesknees said:

I know many people feel Asa's shady and not transparent while she expects others to keep it real but at this point I don't think half of this cast even likes each other anymore.  GG hasn't spoken to Reza/Adam in a year.  MJ and Asa haven't spoken in several months.  Asa hasn't communicated to any of the "friends" until she's 5 months pregnant so are they all really friends anymore?  I sure as hell wouldn't wait 5+ months to tell my very best friends that I'm expecting.  Nope.

I agree 100%, and I am so jealous that you beat me to this comment.  They are fine grilling her because they are NOT friends, they are just paid to be on a reality show with her. She's often commenting on their behavior,  why shouldn't she have to sit in the hot seat when it's her turn. I totally get their question.  Why doesn't your babydaddy want to live with you, or vice versa?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why these people don't distance themselves from him. 

Me, either! My dislike for him reached an all time high when he and Gigi were fighting at the last reunion and Reza yelled, If you don't like it, get off MY show! Get off MY show! Andy just sat there and didn't correct him, either. I don't care if Reza is the one that pitched the show to BRAVO or is one of the many producers, it's not his show! Entitled, narcisstic asshole. He really does think he's all that. I'm getting a weird vibe from Adam this season, too. Can't put my finger on it yet, time will tell as the season progresses. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Uh, as a Persian-American woman, say what now? I didn't get this memo. Here in America we're killing our own women that "dishonor" our families? That's news to me and all of my relatives, near and distant, and pretty much any and every Persian person I've met, and I've met quite a lot, whose families immigrated here so their children, including and especially their daughters, could get the best education and opportunities. I'm not understanding where you're gathering this information from.  

I didn't say all Persian's but there have been news reports of "honor" killing in this country a number of time, just google them. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, beesknees said:

And When GG was apologizing to Adam at the restaurant he was being quite the little bitch.  What the hell was that all about?  I was so disappointed that Adam was being so nasty.  I sorta wanted to pull a butter knife off the table at that point and hit him upside the neck with it.  Dog bite indeed.  (I kid, I kid ...)

I used to wonder why Adam tolerated Reeza but last season, I think, I realized it's b/c Adam's just like him.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Every fucking season he feels like he has to sabotage someone he's allegedly close to. Season 2 he went after MJ. Season 3 he went after Mike and Lily. In season 4, he proposed to Adam and then talked shit about Adam to everyone and cheated on him. Season 5 it was GG. When is he going to train a critical eye on himself? For the life of me, I cannot figure out why these people don't distance themselves from him.

It seems like it might be Shervin's turn this season. I wonder why he has never turned on Asa.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I didn't say all Persian's but there have been news reports of "honor" killing in this country a number of time, just google them. 

I did. I could barely find anything. One article for example (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/03/heres-what-the-research-says-about-american-honor-killings.html) said there "may" be an average of 23-27 a year, but there is very little evidence. This is hardly an epidemic or even a big enough number to say that this is a something that is nothing more than extremely rare, especially considering how many Persians live in the US. 

"...in the U.S. there’s effectively no evidence that honor killings are common at all, according to one of the only (if not the only) studies attempting to estimate how prevalent that crime is. It’s a study that, despite having never been formally published anywhere, is cited fairly frequently, and its origin story is telling."

and, 

"Because so little is known about honor killings in the U.S., Curtis and his team — a group of researchers from John Jay, as well as one from the University of Oxford — had to resort to generating a proxy estimate of their frequency. Basically, they combined statistics about the prevalence of honor killings in the U.K., Germany, and Holland with crime and demographic stats from the U.S. Out popped what Curtis acknowledged is a very rough estimate: 23 to 27 honor killings per year.

There are a number of important assumptions embedded in that estimate, though. For one thing, the paper assumes, as the authors note, “that the rate of honor killing in the US is comparable (or perhaps even higher) to rates found in other industrialized Western countries.” But if, as many scholars think, Muslims face more challenges to full assimilation and integration in the EU than in the U.S., that assumption might be wrong. On the other hand, if Curtis and his team misjudged other variables, as he pointed out, it may be that they underestimated the prevalence of the crime.

""“Expressed as a rate, honor killing occurs approximately 0.008 offenses per 100,000 persons… compared with 4.7 for homicide, 27 for rape/sexual assault, and 113 for robbery in the United States.” That is very low. (Some outlets falsely reported that the DoJ itself had come up with the 23 to 27 figure, lending the estimate a sense of rigorousness that doesn’t quite match up with Curtis’s assessment of his team’s process as “not very scientific,” or with the fact that the paper was never peer-reviewed or published anywhere.)"

and, 

"What all this suggests is that the Trump administration has no significant basis to think honor killings are a significant problem in the U.S. Of course, the genuine desire for better data is just one reason to highlight a certain category of crime. Another reason is to convince people that that crime is more common than it really is — if people hear about honor killings over and over, they will naturally come to the conclusion that they are a serious problem. Since Trump’s cabinet is well-stocked with adherents of a rather fringe “counter-jihad” movement whose members are worried the U.S. is just one or two steps away from the widespread implementation of Sharia law, it makes sense that Trump and his aides would make a concerted effort to sound alarm bells about honor killings, regardless of how rare they really are."

I also think you're lumping Persians in with other Middle Eastern groups. Regardless of popular belief, we are NOT all the same. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

It seems like it might be Shervin's turn this season. I wonder why he has never turned on Asa.

Reza did participate with the group clowning on Asa the first season, but it wasn't nearly as nasty as everything he's done since then.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I did. I could barely find anything. One article for example (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/03/heres-what-the-research-says-about-american-honor-killings.html) said there "may" be an average of 23-27 a year, but there is very little evidence. This is hardly an epidemic or even a big enough number to say that this is a something that is nothing more than extremely rare, especially considering how many Persians live in the US. 

"...in the U.S. there’s effectively no evidence that honor killings are common at all, according to one of the only (if not the only) studies attempting to estimate how prevalent that crime is. It’s a study that, despite having never been formally published anywhere, is cited fairly frequently, and its origin story is telling."

and, 

"Because so little is known about honor killings in the U.S., Curtis and his team — a group of researchers from John Jay, as well as one from the University of Oxford — had to resort to generating a proxy estimate of their frequency. Basically, they combined statistics about the prevalence of honor killings in the U.K., Germany, and Holland with crime and demographic stats from the U.S. Out popped what Curtis acknowledged is a very rough estimate: 23 to 27 honor killings per year.

There are a number of important assumptions embedded in that estimate, though. For one thing, the paper assumes, as the authors note, “that the rate of honor killing in the US is comparable (or perhaps even higher) to rates found in other industrialized Western countries.” But if, as many scholars think, Muslims face more challenges to full assimilation and integration in the EU than in the U.S., that assumption might be wrong. On the other hand, if Curtis and his team misjudged other variables, as he pointed out, it may be that they underestimated the prevalence of the crime.

""“Expressed as a rate, honor killing occurs approximately 0.008 offenses per 100,000 persons… compared with 4.7 for homicide, 27 for rape/sexual assault, and 113 for robbery in the United States.” That is very low. (Some outlets falsely reported that the DoJ itself had come up with the 23 to 27 figure, lending the estimate a sense of rigorousness that doesn’t quite match up with Curtis’s assessment of his team’s process as “not very scientific,” or with the fact that the paper was never peer-reviewed or published anywhere.)"

and, 

"What all this suggests is that the Trump administration has no significant basis to think honor killings are a significant problem in the U.S. Of course, the genuine desire for better data is just one reason to highlight a certain category of crime. Another reason is to convince people that that crime is more common than it really is — if people hear about honor killings over and over, they will naturally come to the conclusion that they are a serious problem. Since Trump’s cabinet is well-stocked with adherents of a rather fringe “counter-jihad” movement whose members are worried the U.S. is just one or two steps away from the widespread implementation of Sharia law, it makes sense that Trump and his aides would make a concerted effort to sound alarm bells about honor killings, regardless of how rare they really are."

I also think you're lumping Persians in with other Middle Eastern groups. Regardless of popular belief, we are NOT all the same. 

I did not say or imply there was an "epidemic" of anything! Please do not do this, I simply replied why MJ/Mike reacted to Asa's pregnancy to an AA like they did (outside of them just being assholes that is). And, in no way did I say or imply that all people, be they Persians or MR, are the same or think/behave the same. That said, Honor killings still happen in this country and they have been reported on by the national media, just 1 example..... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/10/honor-killing-in-us-justice-department-mulls-guidelines-as-grim-toll-rises.html

Again, my initial post was about why Mike/MJ made comments about their "community" having problems with Asa's pregnancy out of wedlock with an AA man. Mike even said that he understood the problem because he married a "white woman".

30 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Reza did participate with the group clowning on Asa the first season, but it wasn't nearly as nasty as everything he's done since then.

Because Asa has always been more popular than he ever was and he knows she would call him out about playing these games.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

  10 HOURS AGO, WIREWRAP SAID:

Quote

 Hell, some families within the Persian/Middles Eastern communities within this country (let alone in other countries) still kill any woman that "dishonors" their families, be it dressing too "western", wanting an education, wanting to marry the man of their choice or a woman, having an affair, having sex outside of an approved marriage, not "obeying" their father/husband and/or getting pregnant out of wedlock. As much as we have advanced in society in this country, there are still some that cling to their old barbaric ways.

Quote

Uh, as a Persian-American woman, say what now? I didn't get this memo. Here in America we're killing our own women that "dishonor" our families? That's news to me and all of my relatives, near and distant, and pretty much any and every Persian person I've met, and I've met quite a lot, whose families immigrated here so their children, including and especially their daughters, could get the best education and opportunities. I'm not understanding where you're gathering this information from.  

Wirewrap is assuming that Persians are the same as other Muslims.  Common mistake that I, too, as a Persian American, have been dealing with all of my life.  And no, just to clear it up, once and for all, we do not own camels either.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, ghertigirl said:

  10 HOURS AGO, WIREWRAP SAID:

Wirewrap is assuming that Persians are the same as other Muslims.  Common mistake that I, too, as a Persian American, have been dealing with all of my life.  And no, just to clear it up, once and for all, we do not own camels either.

If I have made a mistake about your culture, I apologize and I was not trying to generalize about or lump all people from the Middle East either. I was speaking about the mind set (extreme example)  of a few from that part of the world, not all of them, just a few. Nonetheless, even Mike said that him marrying a "white woman" was not accepted by all in their Persian community in LA. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I did not say or imply there was an "epidemic" of anything! Please do not do this, I simply replied why MJ/Mike reacted to Asa's pregnancy to an AA like they did (outside of them just being assholes that is). And, in no way did I say or imply that all people, be they Persians or MR, are the same or think/behave the same. That said, Honor killings still happen in this country and they have been reported on by the national media, just 1 example..... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/10/honor-killing-in-us-justice-department-mulls-guidelines-as-grim-toll-rises.html

Again, my initial post was about why Mike/MJ made comments about their "community" having problems with Asa's pregnancy out of wedlock with an AA man. Mike even said that he understood the problem because he married a "white woman".

Because Asa has always been more popular than he ever was and he knows she would call him out about playing these games.

You're linking Fox News as a source. You might as well link Breitbart too, they have an article about honor killings being an epidemic in the US ;)

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie · Reason: spelling/accidental repetition
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/22/2017 at 2:24 AM, Giselle said:

Golden Penis. 

They once explained it it's a term of endearment for baby boys. IIRC I  think Mike's mom still used it with him before Jessica and they ribbed him for it.

tenor.gif

 What the entire hell?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, MVFrostsMyPie said:

You're liking Fox News as a source. You might as well link Breitbart too, they have an article about the epidemic of honor killings being an epidemic in the US ;)

I do not want to get into an argument about this but here is this article, https://www.quora.com/Are-there-honor-killings-in-Iran , which has nothing to do with any political party in this country. I apologize if you for upsetting you, I was not saying that all Persians/Middle Easterners practice this or believe in it. I used it as an extreme example of how Asa's pregnancy could be viewed by those in her community. Even Mike said that his marriage to a "white woman" was not accepted by everyone.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

There are about 5,000 honor killings in the entire world per year. If we assume all of these are done by muslims, a community of over a billion, it hardly makes for an international epidemic let alone an American one.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I do not want to get into an argument about this but here is this article, https://www.quora.com/Are-there-honor-killings-in-Iran , which has nothing to do with any political party in this country. I apologize if you for upsetting you, I was not saying that all Persians/Middle Easterners practice this or believe in it. I used it as an extreme example of how Asa's pregnancy could be viewed by those in her community. Even Mike said that his marriage to a "white woman" was not accepted by everyone.

Well, Quora is not an article, it's like a more "sophisticated" version of Yahoo answers. Also, there is only one response to that answer. Also, that guy mentions just "traditional Sunni tribes in Khuzestan". Also, that's asking about Iran itself, not America. I can assure you Iran's population is not a majority of tribal groups. But anyway, just one more word of advice, I wouldn't consider Mikey-poo, a guy with his own personal questionable morals, (or any of these trashy folks on Shahs) to be the voice and representative of all, or even the majority of Persians and/or Persian-Americans about what is acceptable and common in our culture. You know what's looked down upon? These grown-ass trashy folks being on this reality show, flaunting their baggage and trying to speak for all Persians. Also Mikey-poo is Jewish, so should we also start making assumptions about Jewish people too about what is acceptable or not acceptable? We can try to find extreme examples of anything to try to prove unfounded points. That's about all I have to say on this matter at this point.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I CANNOT get over the horrible outfits MJ was wearing this ep. Why, why, why does she have to display those huge saggy boobs practically falling out of everything she wears? Does she still sell real estate? I'm sure she must have some nice looking clothes. She's starting to look like a comic book character. Mike, Reza or her neandrathal boyfriend should tell her how silly she looks. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Well, Quora is not an article, it's like a more "sophisticated" version of Yahoo answers. Also, there is only one response to that answer. Also, that guy mentions just "traditional Sunni tribes in Khuzestan". Also, that's asking about Iran itself, not America. I can assure you Iran's population is not a majority of tribal groups. But anyway, just one more word of advice, I wouldn't consider Mikey-poo, a guy with his own personal questionable morals, (or any of these trashy folks on Shahs) to be the voice and representative of all, or even the majority of Persians and/or Persian-Americans about what is acceptable and common in our culture. You know what's looked down upon? These grown-ass trashy folks being on this reality show, flaunting their baggage and trying to speak for all Persians. Also Mikey-poo is Jewish, so should we also start making assumptions about Jewish people too about what is acceptable or not acceptable? We can try to find extreme examples of anything to try to prove unfounded points. That's about all I have to say on this matter at this point.

Again, It was never my intention to upset anyone nor was I trying to generalize about any country/religion, I am truly sorry if any of my post came across in that manner. 

All religions have their more strict/extreme fractions, as do most cultures and that was what I was so poorly trying to point out, be they Muslim, Jewish, R Catholic, Baptists, well any religion, or American, Spanish, Italian, German, English, Polish, any country. There are people in all religions that do not approve of marrying outside of that religion, or people that disapprove of marrying outside their culture (country), sad but true. Again, I apologize that I so poorly worded my post that they insulted you or anyone else. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The Shahs   do not in any way behave like any Persian person I've ever known. This group  are a bunch of drunken, spoiled children

Edited by Willowsmom
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

34 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

The Shahs   do not in any way behave like any Persian person I've ever known. This group  are a bunch of drunken, spoiled children

They don't behave the way most people do regardless of their religion/nationality/culture. LOL

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

This group  are a bunch of drunken, spoiled children

If by children you mean middle-aged.

I had to laugh when Reza said, last week I think it was, that they'd all gotten to the age when they had to choose their paths in life.  No, honey, that was twenty years ago.  You must've been too drunk to notice that particular ship setting sail.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, imjagain said:

Mike and MJ need to shut up. I cannot believe how judgmental they are about Asa.  I kind of get MJ, she is so jealous, so every thing she says is imo clearly coming from jealously. Mike on the other hand surprised me. 

They also need to remember that they were all shaking their heads vigorously in support when GG admitted that Asa was smart to never feature her relationship on the show. Many other Bravolebrities have either never shown their relationship or minimally shown it. Cameran Eubanks from Southern Charm never shows her husband. Kim Zolciak's Big Poppa never showed up on camera. Stassi Schroeder's boyfriend never wanted to have anything to do with the show. I'm in awe of how Jules from Ladies of London managed to show her husband maybe once or twice despite filming at the family estate every season and running the family estate being her storyline. It's clear during Erika Jayne's second season, that her husband wanted nothing to do with the show. He was on once.

Part of the problem is that this group had so little going on in their lives that who they were dating was the most interesting thing about them. In season 1, we have 2 real estate agents who have been friends since childhood (Reza and MJ), their real estate developer friend (Sammy), their other friend who is a commercial real estate agent (Mike), Mike's ex-girlfriend's lazy entitled little sister (GG), and the artistic kook (Asa). Asa and GG are the outliers. Two-thirds of the cast were very real estate focused. If GG or Asa had been an interior designer or event planner, this show probably would have turned into a Persian Million Dollar Listing. They drop Sammy and pick up Lily in the second season and make the show even more unbalanced. It's like if you took the cast of Million Dollar Listing and paired them with the cast of Real Housewives of Orange County (the ones who aren't real estate agents).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The way Mike and MJ think is very...bizarre.

Getting oral from random women in clubs, cheating on spouses, showing up everywhere already under the influence, "robbing" banks, and getting assholes waxed and bleached on tv is fine, but a 40+ year old woman deciding to have a baby all of a sudden goes way too against the grain?

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I hate Reza with the fire of 1000 burning suns. I admit he may have felt terrible seeing MJ's father so frail and incapacitated at the rehab facility, but I also believe he was hamming up the histrionics for the cameras. Meanwhile, the emotion on MJ's face was so genuine that I feel cameras really should not have been there to film. Compare that to the petty drama this show is notorious for and it's easy to see the juxtaposition.

I don't for a second believe the Shahs did not know about Asa's pregnancy. I was rolling my eyes when GG told Asa she looked like she'd lost weight while she was floating in the pool. My mind flashed to a conversation these two might have had over the phone discussing filming of this very scene the night before, and wouldn't it be funny if GG acted oblivious to Asa's very apparent weight gain? I believe much of the drama we see is staged.

That being said, I can believe GG hasn't seen Reza in about a year. He's a vile piece of garbage and while she's no saint, the only thing motivating these two to be in a room together is their paycheck from Bravo.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Can we just leave all these unlikeable people off the screen and look at their gorgeous food for an hour!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm getting a weird vibe from Adam this season, too. Can't put my finger on it yet, time will tell as the season progresses. 

Just as water seeks its own level, Adam has met his match in Reza. By now Adam must have seen Reza's true colors and surely knows what an asshole he is, which leads me to believe Adam is just as much of an asshole, only the stealthy variety. I don't really see any other explanation as to why an ostensibly sane person would date let alone marry a creep like Reza.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to shallowly post on this shallow show.  Asa looked better than she EVER has on this show in this episode's talking heads.  MJ's dress to Mike's house the next morning was whatever a hot mess becomes when it shrinks in the dryer.  GG's hair color is the worst, and Shervin's girlfriend looks like a RealDoll.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size