Type keyword(s) to search

Seasons 1-7 Discussion

I LOVE that Gramercy house so much, and I love Gage so much, that I'm sad they're going to sell. I can kind of understand Jeff's argument: this is his job and who he is. But couldn't they just wait until they have enough money to be able to keep Gramercy AND buy a second property to flip at the same time?

I'm really bored with Andrew.    I like the woman they brought on to cover for Jenni.   

I wonder if Gramercy selling is for drama.    Even though it's probably a very expensive home to live in, I think it must be nice to have a larger home where the business can be in one part and there is some private space that is just for Jeff and Gage.   

Jeff was on WWHL just before the season started and they are together and he said they still want a child, so even if they sell the house, it sounds like they are ok.

Jeanie was making me crazy. I felt really bad for Andrew having to drive while she was screaming and hitting him and I don't understand how Jeff can juts laugh at her tirades. No wonder Andrew almost drove into traffic. Maybe he did it on purpose just to shut everyone the hell up.

I really liked that Jeff (kind of) listened to Gage and is (sort of) not selling Gramercy. Jeff asking Gage what he really wanted cracked me up though because Jeff is acting like he just didn't know that Gage didn't want to move, as if all that discussion about it last season didn't happen. 

Does Jeanie realize that people are watching these episodes? Why in the world would she want people to see her acting as she does? I'm finding this show increasingly unpleasant to watch. Jenny throws around "HR" like it's a verb and an adjective and clearly understands very little about human resources and basic employment law. Andrew is a fool and his screaming little girl acts are obnoxious and phony. Jeff is a jackass. Zoila gets bitchier and bitchier. Gage and Vanina and Megan (is that the temp manager's name?) just seem to be treading water, sometimes amused, sometimes disbelieving.

The bathroom humor has reached new lows. These guys talk like adolescent boys who just learned the facts of life and think it's cool to talk about at the most inappropriate times. Jeff just tees of on any bodily function and does his talking head bit like a smug 17 year old who thinks his "humor" is risque when, in fact, it's merely juvenile.

Jeanie did push my buttons.  I had to ff her several times.  She's just too obnoxious. And of course, she's the one with the rich, successful husband who's lucky enough to shop for mansions.  Not fair!  

I did like Jeff and I'm not sure where he's getting his patience.  Funny, it was difficult to imagine Jeff in Nashville.  

I still like Jeff, despite his potty humor, but have decided that I can't stand Zoila, Andrew and Gage. I figured out that Gage appears to be lying regardless of what he says.  It's a constant, cat who ate the canary look on his face.  Clean house and start fresh Jeff and Jenny.  Build a new cast of characters.  

Something I can't understand, and Megan's talking head segments are what bring this to mind: if you're in front of the camera, why would you purposely curse when you know you're going to be bleeped? Surely you can control yourself. (I can't decide which I hate most: excessive cursing or excessive bleeping; I'd prefer minimal cursing and no bleeping.)

Jenni's so-called HR position is a sham as is she as the head of it. She clearly doesn't understand much about hostile work environments, inappropriate behavior, etc. When she writes up someone, what does that mean? Jeff, Zoila, and Andrew would have been fired long ago. Vanina's constant smiling and giggling while fielding questions and comments about her augmentation makes her look incredibly stupid, not that the coverage of her augmentation hadn't already shown her in a bad light. She comes off as shallow, undignified, and immature.

I think you pretty much have to be shallow, immature and undignified to work with Jeff.

And here I am, not only watching this crap, but commenting on it!     embarrassed-smiley-face.gif

Edited by mojito
Jenni tries to restore order in the office. Elsewhere, Jeff tries to calm celebrity client George Eads and his wife when an escalating budget rattles them, and Jeff organizes a mandatory team-building retreat in New Mexico.
Season 7 closes with Jeff's team arriving at a remote facility in New Mexico to address their issues. There, they undergo therapy sessions and team-building exercises, yet friction mounts, resulting in a confrontation.

Poor Andrew. I do think Gage talks down to him and definitely Jeff does not set a good example. It seems he gets worse each year. I'd rather focus on the designing so I mY be done with this show.

• Love 2

Jeff takes nothing seriously. From the minute they went on the retreat he had all his "tricks" prepared. The mouse in cabinet, the masks, etc. He is a clown, and I love him. Bu the only way he'll act differently round his "staff" is if it adversely affects his bottom line.

Oh yeah, in case you missed the arc from two seasons ago (I think?), he has an anxiety issue and some social issues related to trauma in early life. He had a whole fake life story concocted that the group figured out because some details weren't adding up. So then Jeff fired him and rehired him after Andy came clean. Gage was on the record as thinking that was a terrible idea, and I think he's held onto that feeling ever since.