Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: To Implant or not to Implant...that is the Question

Rodrigo Alves returns after undergoing three nasal surgeries in less than a year; Terry helps a Texas chef with jarring pain from her breast implants; a dominatrix undergoes an unconventional procedure for butt projection.

At what point are they going to finally refer Rodrigo to a psychiatrist or therapist of some sort?  They did refer someone a couple of season's back who wanted to look like a sex doll.

I'm glad they were able to help Sarah.  Arm numbness and pain are bad for anyone, but for a person lifting and moving things all day it must be torture.    Elena was much improved, but I did feel bad that they sort of turned her into one of their sideshow clients (like Rodrigo) with the focus on the dominatrix work.  

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, terrymct said:

At what point are they going to finally refer Rodrigo to a psychiatrist or therapist of some sort?

I'm glad they left him a blubbering mess in the chair. What a fool. And those Iranian docs can't be the #1 docs in the world if they did three surgeries in a year on him and left his nose like that. Where in the hell is he getting the money to do 44 plastic surgeries? He will be damn lucky is Paul can salvage his nose.

There is no way Chad is 34. Or Sarah is 33. But I'm glad her boobs turned out so nicely without the need for implants. The before looked horrible.

Butt implants. I can't even imagine having to sit on implants. Thankfully I'm a Fat Bottom Girl.

• Love 4

I thought Sarah looked old enough to be Chad's mother.  Although in the restaurant scenes a full face-on did make her look a little younger.  But he still looked 12 and definitely not old enough to order alcohol (which it looks like he didn't).

And, I'd bet my next paycheck that Rodrigo will not be able to look at himself in the mirror for the next 12 months without "fixing" his nose!

• Love 4

I was trying to figure out Sarah and Chad, as well. Shocked at their ages.  Sarah just has tough skin that never ages well.  That skin tends to get deep wrinkles (like Gordon Ramsey), and coupled with a fiancé with a baby face and no facial hair......well..I doubt it's fun for him to get carded at 34.  I really like them.  She is a sweet spirit and he's so supportive of her.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Sarah is on the Botched Facebook page saying that she really was 33 years old when this was filmed. She said that Chad just looked younger than his age and that made her look older than she is. 

She also said that Chad left her a month after she got the surgery because he didn't like her size (I guess of her breasts? She didn't really elaborate) and he got married soon after. 

She also said that she was crying about all the Facebook comments saying that she looks like she in her 40s.

Edited by Suzy123
  • Love 4

that rodrigo guy is starting to look less than human. how do any of these people afford all these surgeries. the thought of a nose falling off is horrific. 

i hope that rodrigo guy is going to listen the doctors.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

Sarah is on the Botched Facebook page saying that she really was 33 years old when this was filmed. She said that Chad just looked younger than his age and that made her look older than she is. 

She also said that Chad left her a month after she got the surgery because he didn't like her size (I guess of her breasts? She didn't really elaborate) and he got married soon after. 

She also said that she was crying about all the Facebook comments saying that she looks like she in her 40s.

Wow. He had problems beyond her breasts. I was pretty grossed out by Terry calling him into the operating room to ask what he should do to SARAH'S breasts. I hope that was just some ill-advised "joke" shot for TV, because it makes Terry look really unprofessional. Again.

I kept trying to figure out what was aging her prematurely. I think it was maybe a combination of sun-damaged skin, hair that is too light/the wrong shade for her skin and way too light/nearly invisible eyebrows. So many women think blonde is great, but the wrong shade--or blonde at all--is just not what they need to have on their heads. I've made the mistake of having the wrong shade. There are celebrities who shouldn't be blonde--Julia Roberts is one. It just doesn't suit some people.

Back OT, Rodrigo is beyond help. Is his head enormous or was I seeing things? His friend is on her way to looking like him. Her face looked like a puffer fish, too.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I missed the first 10 minutes so I was pondering the strange relationship between Sarah and Chad. I kept wondering why she was flashing her boobs in front of her son.

i was thinking the same thing! 

unfortunate because she looks ten years older than her age and he looks ten years younger. i wondered after seeing her stretched out belly button if she had lost a huge amount of weight and that is why she does not have the firm skin someone her age should have. good for her if she did, i wonder why they wouldn't have mentioned it though.

16 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

now i feel bad. she's better off without that jerk though. 

14 hours ago, lor said:

that rodrigo guy is starting to look less than human. how do any of these people afford all these surgeries. the thought of a nose falling off is horrific. 

i hope that rodrigo guy is going to listen the doctors.

that friend of his he went to see at the restaurant, is looking like the the female version of himself. they look plastic, like (bad) wax figures, robotic. this is an illness. a mental illness. someone call a damn psychiatrist!

• Love 3
On 7/10/2017 at 1:10 PM, Galloway Cave said:

I'm glad they left him a blubbering mess in the chair. What a fool. And those Iranian docs can't be the #1 docs in the world if they did three surgeries in a year on him and left his nose like that. 

Probably 3 different doctors, each less reputable than the last. Paul told him to stop but he knew better and kept going. Those who want to, will.

That guy might be 34 - I once worked with a 45 year old guy who looked 30. I've never seen a 33 year old with crows feet like that before, though. Sun damage? I'm sorry if the audience reaction has made her self conscious, but the good news is that she actually has the kind of face that might not dramatically change for the next 20 yrs and that's more than a lot of perky chicks can count on. And she's better off without him. 

I seem to recall Terry bringing somebody's mom and somebody's husband in for their opinions before, and each time it was because the pt put the decision in his hands and he was conflicted because he thought she had her heart set on a certain outcome even though she claimed to be fine with whatever he chose.

• Love 2

I looked up Rodrigo on Twitter (@RodrigoUHNWs), and after his episode he posted nonstop about being on the show. He posted article after article about it. I guess he loves the attention. According to a UK Sun article, he went to Dubai recently for his 10th nose surgery. He won't be happy until his nose actually falls off. 

• Love 1

Wow... some people really need pyschiatric care and not more attention from a show. His nose is so small, I am surprised that he has not passed out from lack of oxygen. 

• Love 3

I am almost as baffled by Elena's career choice as I am by Rodrigo's melting candle face.  So Elena was an EMT after her stint in the military.  I assume she had to take a lot of classes and spent a lot of time training for the field.  Her botched butt made it difficult to sit in an amblance, so....The only available alternative was to become a dominatrix?? What? I can think of a dozen other jobs that don't require long hours of sitting.  Or strapping your body into pleather costumes.  Maybe the money is too good or she had an affinity for that line of work, but the way it was presented on the show made it sound like she had no other options but to work on the fringes of the sex industry.

As for Rodrigo, he won't ever be satisfied.  He will end up permanently disfigured or dead because he can't stop mutilating his body.  At this point any "doctor" who operates on him is only looking for a paycheck.  No real doctor would ever touch him again.

I feel bad that Sarah's relationship didn't work out, but if her ex was more interested in her bob size, then she's well rid of him.  She definitely looked closer to 45 than 35 though.  She should ask Terry and Paul for a good dermatologist and get a facial regimen going stat.    I thought it was funny that in the reveal scene in the restaurant, he ordered a wine for her and a Diet Coke for himself...I guess he forgot his fake ID back at the frat house that day.

• Love 3
On 7/25/2017 at 11:39 AM, vavavoom said:

I looked up Rodrigo on Twitter (@RodrigoUHNWs), and after his episode he posted nonstop about being on the show. He posted article after article about it. I guess he loves the attention. According to a UK Sun article, he went to Dubai recently for his 10th nose surgery. He won't be happy until his nose actually falls off. 

Those noses look awful. Really awful. I think he'd be quite happy with his nose falling off because what he craves more than anything is attention. He'll show up again on Botched, an article in the Sun and the Daily Fail about how his obsessive quest for physical perfection caused him to permanently ruin his face.

• Love 2

Purely for the sake of research, I found out that Rodrigo's new doctor (surgery a week ago) is an ear, nose and throat doctor. So, not a board-certified plastic surgeon. His Instagram account is an amateurish joke. Rodrigo is going to look like Michael Jackson, with tape holding his nose together.

Also, he has a trust fund, so that answers how he has money to have all these surgeries. He also claims to be very much into women (romantically). Dude is deluding himself on several levels.

The 2010s are going to be remembered as the decade of overfilled-faced, vapidly staring, conspicuous-consumpting, "famous"-for-no-reason airheads.

• Love 3

Geez, Rodrigo is going to need a breathing stoma. How sad he is. He is his own worst energy. 

Yeah, no way is Sarah 33, I might believe 43.  She has skin like Meri Brown on sister wives. I think not putting implants in was the way to go. It looked good.  I wonder why she got them in the first place?  She has a nice size chest that suits her.  Chad? I demand to see some ID. Maybe he is a a Ralph Macchio kinds where he could play a teenager when he's 30. Or they made up their ages to silence critics that might raise an eyebrow at the real age difference. Oh, He left her?  He picked out the boob size.  I think there is more to the story.  

Edited by Kiss my mutt
iPad autocorrect Changed stoma to stigma.
4 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Geez, Rodrigo is going to need a breathing stoma. How sad he is. He is his own worst energy. 

Yeah, no way is Sarah 33, I might believe 43.  She has skin like Meri Brown on sister wives. I think not putting implants in was the way to go. It looked good.  I wonder why she got them in the first place?  She has a nice size chest that suits her.  Chad? I demand to see some ID. Maybe he is a a Ralph Macchio kinds where he could play a teenager when he's 30. Or they made up their ages to silence critics that might raise an eyebrow at the real age difference. Oh, He left her?  He picked out the boob size.  I think there is more to the story.  

If I recall correctly she never wanted implants. She went in for a lift and the "surgeon" decided to give her implants instead.

• Love 1

I could be mistaken, but I think that is the procedure for most lifts--skin removal to "lift" and implants to add volume. I have a friend who had a lift and that's what the procedure was with hers. She was already quite busty before, but went to a surgeon a friend had gone to out of state (no research--sigh). She had capsular contracture after the surgery. It seems like that happens in about a third of cases. I'd like to know the actual stats.

• Love 1