Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: The Return: Part 9

2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Here is Bill Hastings' blog. I LOVE that it looks like an old Geocities page!

Anyone know who the guy was who rammed his head into the wall of that empty house?

I think it was Johnny Horne. Weird that we're seeing Audrey's brother, father AND uncle before we see her...

(not getting into the possible demon seed)

I was trying to figure out if that was his mother.

• Love 2

Perhaps the death of Johnny brings Audrey home? 

I feel like things are beginning to connect. Like now William Hastings and the librarian have a point to the story.  

Truly hoping rash girl is a throw away scene......

Awwww.  Mrs. Briggs. She was a nice lady.  Good to see her.

What is up with Jerry's foot? Is it going to be The Foot since The Arm is now a weird tree? 

Halfway through! 

• Love 2

A Sylvia Horne was listed in the credits. I missed the beginning, but could that have been the woman in the house if the rammed-wall guy was Johnny?

Loved seeing Charlotte Stewart! She will always be Miss Beadle to me. 

IIRC Sylvia Horne had red hair. I thought it was the mom.

Forgot to throw a shout out for the scene, where Gordon apologizes in advance for Albert.  Nice throwback. 

I'm afraid rash girl won't be a throwaway scene.  All because of the mention of the penguin.

I’ve got a joke for you: a couple of penguins are walking across an iceberg and the first one says to the second, “You look like you’re wearing a tuxedo.” And the second one says, “Maybe I am.” 

Dale Cooper

Yeah. Cooper told a penguin joke during original recipe TP.

Mind blown.  I never once recognized Mrs. Briggs as Mrs. Beadle.  EVER!  Until now.

• Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

I think it was Johnny Horne. Weird that we're seeing Audrey's brother, father AND uncle before we see her...

Thanks, @Pete Martell!

Going to rewatch the episode in a few minutes because that was a lot to take in. It was hard listening to Bill Hastings telling his story what with all the blubbering. 

I didn't quite get the text that Cooper sent to Diane. She read it and barely registered a reaction. Soooooo...has she had interactions with him besides seeing him in prison? How else would he get her cell number (since none existed 25 years ago)? 

I felt like Mike during Cooper's waiting room scene. I just kept yelling at the TV, "WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" 

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Yes, Jan D'Arcy was the original Sylvia Horne, and was in this episode. I could definitely tell by her voice even though we didn't get a good look at her face. The actor's name listed as Johnny Horne was not either of the two actors who played him originally (according to my memory and IMDB) but I'm not sure if we're supposed to get that he died in that scene. Although, head ramming into a wall...knocking down a scenic photograph...blood on the wall...sound familiar?.........

Edited by Wamboyil
  • Love 1

Ike the Spike appeared to have been taken down a lot calmer than I would expect for him.

I was sure that for the end credits we were going to cut back to Dougie and Janey-E still sitting in those chairs waiting to be sent home because the cop forgot all about them after logging the cup.

Coop staring at the flag (call to duty) and then the shoes (a reminder of Diane or Audrey?), before settling on the electrical socket means Coop's muddled brain is inching closer to remembering but will it happen before DirtyCoop's assassins come him and Janey-E? 

Aside from the smoke not disturbing the dead, Diane, there are flammable chemicals in a morgue that you may want to pay heed to before lighting up. 

Albert smiling at the ME's quick, smart answer to his throwaway snarky question was great. 

• Love 2
(edited)

The Dougie stuff felt a bit padded for me, although I did enjoy the Detectives Fusco, who seemed to be something out of an old '40s B-movie. I thought the scene of Dougie getting emotional staring at the flag was beautifully acted by Kyle Maclachlan, again proving he would have been a silent film star. That whole scene was really beautifully staged, and of course it was another fakeout, but the inversion of the original scenes tells me this must be near the end of the line. The whole Vegas universe is weird but I notice that the outside is what now seems weird while what was strange before (his workplace and his marriage) is becoming more normal. In some ways Janey-E, Sonny Jim and his boss are the wife, child and father he never had or no longer has.

Sad to say Cooper being moved by the power of the flag made me feel more patriotic than I am by most things at present time...

There were so many little character moments and quirky (naturally quirky, not the contrived quirkiness that makes me think of Lana Milford again...) that I really appreciated. I like the Tammy/Albert/Gordon/Diane quad a lot - just effortlessly weird and effortlessly cool all at once. They are pretty much exactly what they would be without good and pure and very straight Dale there to help them along - there's something slightly broken about them. The scene where Tammy/Gordon/Diane were standing around outside, awkward, until Gordon took a smoke from Diane ("bad" Diane winning out in influence over "good" Tammy) was just perfect - a tableau of weirdness and a reminder that we're all perpetually 13 sometimes. And so many good one-liners from Albert (God I miss Miguel Ferrer). I loved his meeting his own kind with the lady coroner and clearly being impressed by her getting his humor. And that sad little scene on the airplane where he and Diane were asleep and then you got the sense Albert wanted to talk with her, probably like the old days, but was too tired and wary, so instead just said "I know - 'Fuck you, Albert.'" I didn't want to see Diane in person, I preferred her as a concept, but Laura Dern's proving me wrong so far. 

I keep hoping they will do more with Jennifer Jason Leigh as it feels like a waste of her talents. I did a double take when I saw people say the other guy was Tim Roth. I clearly haven't seen him in a long time. 

Lucy's sly manipulation of Andy reminded me a lot more of their old Twin Peaks vibe. Kimmy Robertson played that scene just right. 

I also loved that Hawk wouldn't help that shitbag Chad with the door. 

Bobby was always one of my favorite characters, so of course I was thrilled to get more of him again and him actually being helpful to the investigation, and more about him becoming the man his father knew he'd be (I'm hoping this won't be a feint to a reveal that he's still into drugs - I won't be surprised if that's what this is though). I've always loved what Dana Ashbrook does with the role but what I didn't know he'd be doing is still playing so much of the old Bobby even as he's matured. It does my heart good to still see Bobby making the odd faces, Bobby trying to look cool and together while deep down he is extremely dorky, and to still see the boyishness and purity in his face in vulnerable moments. Bobby and Laura are the two characters who are most special to me of any in Twin Peaks so I was very pleased with what they did with Bobby tonight. 

There were a few bits here and there that didn't do much for me but overall I felt like this was probably the most Twin Peaks-ish of all 9 episodes so far. It reminded me a lot of season 1, actually. A certain hardness mixed with kindness mixed with goofiness.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Albert smiling at the ME's quick, smart answer to his throwaway snarky question was great. 

That was a great scene. We've only ever seen her out of step with the people she works with when she throws out those one-liners, and Albert is always out of step with the people he works with, so it was like an appreciation society they were both a bit hesitant about but enjoyed. Miguel Ferrer and Jane Adams played that absolutely perfectly.

• Love 3

That was one of my favorite moments in an outstanding episode (perhaps the best one yet?) overall.

Albert meets his soulmate!  Loved it (and i used to be an Albert/Truman shipper even!)

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, dwmckim said:

That was one of my favorite moments in an outstanding episode (perhaps the best one yet?) overall.

Albert meets his soulmate!  Loved it (and i used to be an Albert/Truman shipper even!)

I never really had much thought about Albert and relationships before I saw other fan opinions (I know a number of fans think he's gay), although looking back Albert and Harry had a lot of chemistry. I wasn't sure how to take this scene - romantic or just admiration - but I loved the meeting of the minds. It also worked as a sort of meta-commentary on what happens when the ever-wisecracking coroner or cop who is always the outlier finds someone else like them.

• Love 2

So... back to a conventional narrative this week.

I think I may need to re-watch as there were lots of little details that kind of flew past me. I somehow missed the cops bagging StuporCooper's coffee cup. I also couldn't read the text that Diane got on her phone - did anyone catch exactly what it said? Could it be she's not who she's presenting herself to be? Or did Evil DoppelCooper somehow track down her number to harass her? Also totally did not pick up on the guy who rammed into the wall as Audrey's brother. Also, holy hell! that was TIM ROTH? Did not recognize him at all. I am slooow on he uptake this week.

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

All the talk of the Major this episode made me sad. I definitely got something in my eye, too, Bobby.

Me too! I felt all misty hearing Bobby talk about his Dad. I really miss Major Briggs. Plus it was nice seeing his Mom again. Bobby totally irritated me as a character on version 1.0, but so far I'm liking him as an adult. I'm hoping he's genuinely a straight-arrow and not involved in drug running.

I'm guessing that asshole cop Chad is going to play a part in the story further along somehow, since they keep featuring him, and I don't get the sense it's for background quirkyness. Loved that Hawk wouldn't help him with the door.

2 hours ago, dosodog said:

What is up with Jerry's foot? Is it going to be The Foot since The Arm is now a weird tree? 

Halfway through! 

The little voice coming from Jerry's foot sounded suspiciously like the voice of The Arm (or, as I prefer to call it, chatty wad of chewing gum stuck to a tree). I was hoping it would sprout up from the ground, because it always makes me laugh, but alas, no appearance this week. I wonder if Jerry had been frozen in place the whole time since we last saw him making the panicky phone call to Ben?

• Love 3
(edited)

In case anyone else is wondering, the two musical acts at the Road House were Hudson Mohawke and Au Revoir Simone (performing "A Violent Yet Flammable World").

It's interesting but not necessarily surprising to me that Lynch seems to be a big fan of dream pop. In my fantasy, The Fauns will be at the Road House in a latter episode, but I know that won't happen.

I liked this episode but not as much as the surrealist batshit of the previous one. Can't wait to see what's next, though!

Edited by Aerobicidal
  • Love 1
(edited)

Still loving the show, but right now here to kvetch about a trivial, totally subjective thing:  

What the hell is up with Chrysta Bell's body movements?  

Someone on Twitter described it perfectly:  

Agent Preston moves like an alien disguised as a human, but learned how humans move only by watching tapes of runway models.

Even the scene a few eps back, when she was alone comparing Coop fingerprints on her monitor, same movement and affect.  Just...oddly distracting.

/kvetch over

Edited by Penman61
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

Still loving the show, but right now here to kvetch about a trivial, totally subjective thing:  

Even the scene a few eps back, when she was alone comparing Coop fingerprints on her monitor, same movement and affect.  Just...oddly distracting.

/kvetch over

OMG someone has put into words precisely what has bothered me about her character from the get-go! Hilarious!

Apparently Chrysta Bell is some sort of chanteuse/musician whom David Lynch has taken under his wing, and as a result he decided to cast her in this. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or not. At any rate, the above description nails it. I'm not sure if it's just her appearance or the combination of that and wooden acting. It really is like she's an alien wearing a human suit. I've been wondering the whole time what someone else with skill could have done with this role.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cheezwiz said:

OMG someone has put into words precisely what has bothered me about her character from the get-go! Hilarious!

Apparently Chrysta Bell is some sort of chanteuse/musician whom David Lynch has taken under his wing, and as a result he decided to cast her in this. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or not. At any rate, the above description nails it. I'm not sure if it's just her appearance or the combination of that and wooden acting. It really is like she's an alien wearing a human suit. I've been wondering the whole time what someone else with skill could have done with this role.

There isn't much of a role, although that could change in the back half, but she generally seems like the straight man of the group to me, since Cooper isn't around for that job now. I don't think she's much of an actress but I think her oddness sort of works - her weirdness and awkwardness in that smoking scene with Gordon and Diane stood out to me in a way someone playing the scene more naturally may not have. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Pete Martell said:

There isn't much of a role, although that could change in the back half, but she generally seems like the straight man of the group to me, since Cooper isn't around for that job now. I don't think she's much of an actress but I think her oddness sort of works - her weirdness and awkwardness in that smoking scene with Gordon and Diane stood out to me in a way someone playing the scene more naturally may not have. 

Yeah, that's why I can't decide if her being cast is a mistake or not. Awkward, yet at the same time, not very compelling. I keep forgetting she's a character. However, it is fun watching Diane curse at her.

• Love 2

It's been said before with the revival, but I felt it even more with this episode, in the power that having so many older actors (who can actually move their faces) brings to material, especially when it comes to longtime cast members like Dana Ashbrook or Kyle Maclachlan, who look different than they did in the first run, but also look the same, in moments and glimpses. They bridge then and now and you can remember who they were then to where they are now. It spits in the eye of the idea that we only need young, hot bodies and young (and, these days, also frozen) faces. This episode had so many moments with those faces, with some who've changed in very sad ways (like Cooper), some in good ways (Bobby) some who haven't changed at all (Andy and Lucy), and you get so much just with one look, or a smile, or a cut of the eyes. As much as I do wish we saw more of the original cast, I think episodes like this one did a good job of showcasing their strength in the narrative and playing on our emotions while moving the story forward. I'd like to say this could also lead to more actors who don't fit the typical age range or the typical butchered plastic surgery route getting bigger roles, but we know that won't happen.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheezwiz said:

Yeah, that's why I can't decide if her being cast is a mistake or not. Awkward, yet at the same time, not very compelling. I keep forgetting she's a character. However, it is fun watching Diane curse at her.

Many interviews over the years have talked about Lynch's casting process.  Instead of having actors do a traditional audition or reading, he sits down and talks with them and if he "sees something there", he'll cast them.  Not actually getting more of a practical idea of their acting ability can at times then lead to some odd results once they actually end up filming and we see the end results.

5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Here is Bill Hastings' blog. I LOVE that it looks like an old Geocities page!

I was so excited about this page and thought it would provide hours of intriguing reading but really there isn't much behind that first page - want to see the older articles and read his thoughts/experiences?  Bzzt - sorry, thanks for playing.  Instead it's primarily just a promotion for the upcoming soundtracks,

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the red shoes on the passing woman at the LVPD were an Audrey nod. That was interesting.

So good to see Charlotte Stewart again. I had no idea she would have an important bit.

Are they suggesting Diane is in league with the Bad Dale? I didn't get what went down with the text.

Also nice: The music is back with a vengeance, and that's got to be deliberate.

We're on our third Johnny Horne, though he is barely seen. And yes, Jan D'Arcy was there as Sylvia, albeit just offscreen.

I do think Jerry has stepped on the Arm in the woods. i.e., "I am not your foot."

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Are they suggesting Diane is in league with the Bad Dale? I didn't get what went down with the text.

I saw one fan speculation that he may have been taunting her about that night, or maybe trying to reel her in, and she chose to keep quiet because she doesn't trust any of them and the one moment she could have told Gordon, Tammy was there. I hope it's that and not them working together, although with the hold that bad Bob seems to have over some people (and generally other than Ray anyone who seems to turn against him pays with their lives), if he got her into his web early on she may not feel she can break away.

48 minutes ago, dwmckim said:

I was so excited about this page and thought it would provide hours of intriguing reading but really there isn't much behind that first page - want to see the older articles and read his thoughts/experiences?  Bzzt - sorry, thanks for playing.  Instead it's primarily just a promotion for the upcoming soundtracks,

I was definitely hoping for journal entries. I think the old design made me hope they'd be as heavily detailed as those old web series used to be - endless pages of daily stories sprinkled with some grainy video or audio. I sure miss those days. 

The guestbook was good though (and a few bits were genuinely creepy).

http://thesearchforthezone.com/guestbook/

• Love 2

I don't really think Diane is working with him. But I have no idea what that was about.

I was expecting Hastings to BOB out in the cell with Tammy. I'm pretty sure he's left the doppleganger which means he could've jumped hosts. I thought his (hilarious) whine about the Bahamas was BOB reeling her in. But I guess not!

I'm still unclear on the dynamics re: the farm, Ray and his family(?) and the Hutchenses. Ray would not have gone to them knowing they are loyal to the doppleganger. If that was "the farm".

Interesting also to see confirmation that Duncan Todd (Patrick Fischler from Muholland Drive) in Vegas apparently does work for the Bad Dale.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dwmckim said:

The reading links and Heinlein links seem to be real - alas as I'm at work I will have to wait until tonight to really look at them and see if they are interesting or not.

I loved that Bobby was able to help with the investigation by actually remembering things his dad had told him.  Sniff.  Shallow - he has aged extremely well.  I was never into him in the original series but he's a silver fox now.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

Her sexual walk is exaggerated and they don't have to dress female fbi agents that way, but the general effect is something I would expect in a lynch movie. She moves like a stylized femme fatale lounge singer. I think she moves like she is moving at a different frame speed than the rest of the frame, if that makes sense. Just slightly off.( Maybe she is a messenger from one of the lodges.) I just read Mark Frost's novel and she is central to that, you would even think she'd have more to say about the mystery and may have a bigger part once they hit twin peaks. I liked the bit when she is comparing the fingerprints and it seems like she was drawn to  cooper/the  work and when Gordon is sneaking a cigarette with Diane I though the look of awkward embarassment was priceless, so there is hope for her.

I hadn't realized I was that attached to Jerry, but I find myself really worried about him. Gosh, Ben, send someone to look for him. Also Jerry looks like someone who would cut off his leg to escape a trap. Lynch did film Dune after all. More of an animal than an actual human being....

Diane was looking nervously to her phone on the plane, too, so she must have been expecting something from him. Working for evil Cooper would give anyone PTSD, but perhaps she's like Laura, not evil but abused and somehow held under his power.

The black lodge pit rot looks horrible. and WTF, Johnny.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

Lucy's sly manipulation of Andy reminded me a lot more of their old Twin Peaks vibe. Kimmy Robertson played that scene just right. 

Is that what you got from it? I saw it as a sweet moment where, after they argued, each was willing out of love to give the other what they wanted.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Starchild said:

Is that what you got from it? I saw it as a sweet moment where, after they argued, each was willing out of love to give the other what they wanted.

I took it as Lucy needing to know that Andy would sacrifice what he wanted for her and this being more important than the chair color. When she knew he would she ordered the one he wanted. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

I took it as Lucy needing to know that Andy would sacrifice what he wanted for her and this being more important than the chair color. When she knew he would she ordered the one he wanted. 

That is exactly what I saw!

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Affogato said:

That is exactly what I saw!

I probably made her sound terrible in that quick comment, but I do think she loves Andy, I just think a natural part of their relationship tends to be her feeling she's just a bit superior. Not to the extremes of season 2, but smaller moments like the chair, I could see as normal. Of course it may have just been a moment of sacrifice on her part and I'm misreading. Either way I thought it was a nice little scene. I saw some recaps saying it was the breaking point for them in terms of the way Andy and Lucy are used, and no more of this, and so on, but for me it's pretty much how they should be used. Just fun filler stuff, sweet, but also a little off-center.

• Love 4
On 7/9/2017 at 9:37 PM, dosodog said:

IIRC Sylvia Horne had red hair.

Yes, Sylvia Horne did have red hair - a quarter century ago.  :)

On 7/10/2017 at 0:30 AM, Penman61 said:

/kvetch over

Chrysta Bell's walk keeps reminding me of the femme robots in Mars Attacks!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, uoflfan said:

I am bummed we'll have no more David Duchovny in drag either.  I'll take David playing an FBI agent any way I can get him.  The man is fine.

Agreed he's quite fine. But I doubt that IMDB list is accurate given the super secrecy surrounding these episodes. On a personal note, I'm hoping that the cast list was just something of a tease -- and the Michael Ontkean will at least make a surprise return to die on camera and go to the White Lodge with Cooper at the end since I don't foresee Cooper having any happy endings -- at least in our dimension. 

9 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

One of the most refreshing things about this series is the abundance of older actors.

YES, a thousand times over. There is still beauty to be found in those who aren't young anymore. And in this show, that beauty is on display in nearly every frame. 

5 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I probably made her sound terrible in that quick comment, but I do think she loves Andy, I just think a natural part of their relationship tends to be her feeling she's just a bit superior. Not to the extremes of season 2, but smaller moments like the chair, I could see as normal. Of course it may have just been a moment of sacrifice on her part and I'm misreading. Either way I thought it was a nice little scene. I saw some recaps saying it was the breaking point for them in terms of the way Andy and Lucy are used, and no more of this, and so on, but for me it's pretty much how they should be used. Just fun filler stuff, sweet, but also a little off-center.

I read the entire thing as a manipulation on Andy's part. He dug in his heels just long enough to let Lucy know his preference and then capitulated completely - which caused Lucy to give him exactly what he wanted. When you couple that with his expensive watch... I'm suddenly concerned for Andy.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jalyn said:

I read the entire thing as a manipulation on Andy's part. He dug in his heels just long enough to let Lucy know his preference and then capitulated completely - which caused Lucy to give him exactly what he wanted. When you couple that with his expensive watch... I'm suddenly concerned for Andy.

It is clearly a complex relationship and it is too bad Jacoby is out of the business, there is a good book in it.

3 hours ago, Jalyn said:

Really?  My take was pretty much as exact an opposite as opposites can be:  :)

1. Lucy states her preference (beige).
  2. Andy states his preference (red).
  3. Lucy reiterates forcefully (for Lucy) her preference.
  4. Andy stands - struggles a bit with a decision - then goes to Lucy and says the beige is fine with him.  Andy then sits down, happy that he has made Lucy happy.
  5. Lucy, obviously happy that Andy yielded to make her happy, looks at the beige for another second or two... then changes the order to red and places the order.  Lucy then sits back doubly pleased with herself, thinking of how surprised Andy will be when his preference shows up unexpectedly.

I didn't see manipulation here; I saw two people, each willing to subordinate their own desires to make the other happy, and in doing so deriving happiness for themselves.  Which might go a long way towards explaining how they've stayed married for 25-ish years.  :)

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Really?  My take was pretty much as exact an opposite as opposites can be:  :)

1. Lucy states her preference (beige).
  2. Andy states his preference (red).
  3. Lucy reiterates forcefully (for Lucy) her preference.
  4. Andy stands - struggles a bit with a decision - then goes to Lucy and says the beige is fine with him.  Andy then sits down, happy that he has made Lucy happy.
  5. Lucy, obviously happy that Andy yielded to make her happy, looks at the beige for another second or two... then changes the order to red and places the order.  Lucy then sits back doubly pleased with herself, thinking of how surprised Andy will be when his preference shows up unexpectedly.

I didn't see manipulation here; I saw two people, each willing to subordinate their own desires to make the other happy, and in doing so deriving happiness for themselves.  Which might go a long way towards explaining how they've stayed married for 25-ish years.  :)

Let me rephrase and clarify, actually. What we saw was absolutely as you state and the most likely way it played out. However, there was something about it that made me wonder if it was possible that Andy walked over the second time perfectly understanding how Lucy would react if he capitulated. I'm not sure what it was, he certainly looks, when Lucy can't see him, kind of hang dog and like he's giving up. Maybe it's that awful baby voice he went into when he told her she could get the beige chair. All I know is that scene made me remember the watch that he couldn't afford. 

Anyway, then I saw posts indicating Lucy had manipulated Andy and I thought "Wait, I read that as the other way around" when I really meant "If there was any manipulation at all, I thought it was the other direction"

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Jalyn said:

All I know is that scene made me remember the watch that he couldn't afford. 

Likely taken from a dead body during the last 25 years....Have they shown the "Welcome To Twin Peaks" highway sign? What is the current population? 

On 7/10/2017 at 0:30 AM, Penman61 said:

/kvetch over

When she kept fidgeting during the smoking scene, it reminded me of Lil from Fire Walk With Me, although I wasn't sure what message she could have been conveying.

• Love 1

Re Chrysta Bell's acting choices (or how she's directed, or both):  I want to say that it's entirely possible that there is a purpose for it that we don't yet know, and maybe a reveal is coming (she's an alien; she's possessed; she really is a supermodel).  I should be more charitable--since this is Lynch, and since Bell is apparently an acting newcomer--that there is an artistic explanation for what looks now like an odd (and not cool odd) choice.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Penman61 said:

Re Chrysta Bell's acting choices (or how she's directed, or both):  I want to say that it's entirely possible that there is a purpose for it that we don't yet know, and maybe a reveal is coming (she's an alien; she's possessed; she really is a supermodel).  I should be more charitable--since this is Lynch, and since Bell is apparently an acting newcomer--that there is an artistic explanation for what looks now like an odd (and not cool odd) choice.

Whatever it is, I can't wait to find out; in the meantime, I'll just be content with watching the hell out of her walk.  ;>

2 hours ago, Penman61 said:

I guess we could learn she is something twisted (hell, maybe she is the "Linda" of "Richard and Linda" and that's why she had an odd reaction to the photos of Dale), but I think it may just be that Lynch is playing up an awkward, unnatural style for her, especially since she is the straight man of the group. I thought her awkward posing and posturing in the scene with Gordon and Diane smoking made it all the better. It was like a space alien who idolized Felix Unger and wasn't sure how else to react. 

• Love 2