Type keyword(s) to search

Hair Goddess - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I watched the first episode.  If I want to continue to watch I'm going to have to do it on mute and activate the closed captioning because if I have to listen to that voice I might have to puncture my ear drums with knitting needles.

• Love 14
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, Koalagirl said:

I watched the first episode.  If I want to continue to watch I'm going to have to do it on mute and activate the closed captioning because if I have to listen to that voice I might have to puncture my ear drums with knitting needles.

OMG the voice! the temptation to make fun of it is too great, don't want to cause I actually like this munchkin

• Love 2

I thought I would hate the show but she really does have a good heart and seems sincere, although I did read a few reviews on her salon where she got slammed by dissatisfied customers but I'm taking that with a grain of salt as you can't please everyone all the time.

• Love 3

Can't believe this show is on TLC.  I really liked it.  Victoria is the black sheep and drags that boy with her on her mis-adventures.  The only thing I don't understand is why an Italian girl would get hair extensions?  We do have the best hair.

Liked how they showed women with hair issues being helped.

• Love 2

Looks like TLCis scraping the bottom of the barrell. Saw this comment on their facebook page. That chick apparently is a total fraud. 

IMG_6023.PNG

IMG_6022.PNG

• Love 1

Not doubting this could be, but how do we know this Gianna is legit either?

I thought it was weird when Christina said she's been 'happily married for 3 yrs' yet her husband is SO busy, he's 'too busy to be on camera'. I thought maybe he's hiding from someone lol.

• Love 1

I initially watched this show because I am from Long Island and knew they had to be from the tri-state area.  I didn't expect to like it, but I expected to be amused by it.  I actually wound up liking Christina a lot!  She seems to be a very smart woman, despite the accent, and she seems very very sweet and (I can't believe I am saying this one) quite sincere.  I hope this stays on- and I hope they get rid of Anthony.  He's totally acting for the camera.  

It came to my mind after they showed the end results on the woman who had cancer, does anyone else think (at least most) of the extensions look fake and are too long? All the same ugly hair style too. They must cost a fortune.

I haven't seen that one; kind of giving up on this show. It seems very fake (what else is new), but yes, I did notice that all the hair styles she does are the same thing no matter if it's flattering, appropriate or not, & it's usually fake looking & not very attractive for whatever fortune she's charging them.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I haven't seen that one; kind of giving up on this show. It seems very fake (what else is new), but yes, I did notice that all the hair styles she does are the same thing no matter if it's flattering, appropriate or not, & it's usually fake looking & not very attractive for whatever fortune she's charging them.

Perhaps we'll see some variety in the hairstyles as the episodes continue?

I like the show, Christina and her family appear to be a likeable bunch. I'm curious about her husband. Where is he? I recall her saying he works a lot but we've seen the whole famdamily except for him. He might be a gorgeous Italian stud they're hiding.

On 7/14/2017 at 0:24 PM, gonecrackers said:

Well, Its not like Jersey is the birthplace of style and elegance! 

I keep seeing Joan Cusack in "Working Girl" saying ...." Five thousand Dollaahhs? But its not even Leathaah!

• Love 1

Hey, wait a minute, I was born there. Lived there until college in one of the more rural counties. We had more cows than people. Oh, nevermind (although there was a girl in my high school that didn't look all that remarkable until I saw her picture in a Seventeen magazine professional hair and makeup really do make a difference).

4 hours ago, Nancypants said:

I keep seeing Joan Cusack in "Working Girl" saying ...." Five thousand Dollaahhs? But its not even Leathaah!

This show isn't Jersey; it's Staten Island & her new salon is in NYC. 

On 7/15/2017 at 1:19 AM, chickenella said:

Perhaps we'll see some variety in the hairstyles as the episodes continue?

Identical twins getting (supposedly) very different hair styles this week, so, we will see!

I was really hoping I'd never see those twins (from. VH1's 2015 trainwreck show "Twinning") again. 

I didn't intentionally watch this show. I was busy folding laundry after I Am Jazz and was too lazy to go dig the remote out from under my sleeping dog. If that's not a declaration of how "meh" I am about this vapid nightmare, I don't know what is. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Haven't seen it yet but was hoping to see better this week; apparently not. I wonder how she's so 'all that' she gets a reality show. They all speak the same way with various degree of Staten Island accent. It's annoying & frankly, seems very scripted, but what else is new.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1

It really bothers me that she seems to think that her sister, who has no interest in hair, needs to quit her job to make Christina's business a success. It also really pissed me off that her mother seemed to agree with Christina's take on the world. Sorry, but get over yourself. You want it to be a success, that's great. Your sister is under no obligation to drop everything and do what you want. Jenn isn't your servant.

Having had some of that in my own family, I suspect Jenn has gotten an earful about how she's the one being unreasonable.

On 7/21/2017 at 11:08 PM, MegD said:

It really bothers me that she seems to think that her sister, who has no interest in hair, needs to quit her job to make Christina's business a success. It also really pissed me off that her mother seemed to agree with Christina's take on the world. Sorry, but get over yourself. You want it to be a success, that's great. Your sister is under no obligation to drop everything and do what you want. Jenn isn't your servant.

Having had some of that in my own family, I suspect Jenn has gotten an earful about how she's the one being unreasonable.

YES!! How friggin dare she demand her sister come over to her side and just leave her life and her desires behind? And you can see where she gets that grating voice from. mom.

just watched the latest crapisode. i was hoping the "psychic"s hair would look just a tad different from every other head they do since she wanted fullness more than extensions. no. i didn't see much of difference. if she had styled, blow dried and used products herself at home she could have saved a fortune. (anyone know what these things cost anyway?) and ,needless to say, same old style that looks like something  i did with a curling iron in high school. 

no one's watching? not surprised!

nope......they can not make the extensions look one iota different from every....single....person who comes in. they are too long and stringy. and styled like a little girl's hair  with the spirally curls. yuk...i was hoping they would show fuller, much shorter pieces. like all the hollywood actresses have in their hair. which are MUCH more realistic looking. these extension are shit.

i did love yonce(?). and i thought she looked quite feminine and beautiful naturally from the start.  those extension did not make her look any more so or any prettier. she would have been better off having her natural hair done by a competent stylist elsewhere. 

Just stumbled across this show today on TLC Go after watching everything on my DVR. Was prepared to hate her/it (was only interested in the business salon owner aspect) but I'll be damned if these Dollar General Kardashians didn't win me over! I didn't hate anyone. I think my heart grew 3 sizes by the end of the series.

Granted, I wanted to drive a nail through my eardrums at first - and I'm from/live in New York City! - but after a while it was kind of soothing lol.

I'm actually disappointed there won't be a second season but she seems to be doing well still with the salon. And she just had B/G twins.  

• Love 1