Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk Season 13: Your Favorite Contestant

• Start Topic

Just now, cooksdelight said:

Cory is the only one I like. He's the only one who's shown he can cook and be likable.

I'm at that point too.  I wonder if he was coached by producers to be more aggressive last episode.  It seemed out of character.

(edited)
2 hours ago, spiderpig said:

I'm at that point too.  I wonder if he was coached by producers to be more aggressive last episode.  It seemed out of character.

Maybe. I wonder if he was going for that kind of chatty cross-talk kind of thing you see on The Kitchen but it fell flat?

As for favorite, I'm not emotionally attached to any of these guys yet. However, in terms of food authority and who could be a credible, polished persona on FN, I'd choose Cory. In terms of pure entertainment value, I'd choose Jason if he could dial it back about 6 notches. 

If the producers are thinking long term (stop laughing) they should continue to play up Cory's  resume so people really understand how long he's been in the business and how much he knows. I could see him winning and going on to be one of the FN chefs with actual weight to them (there aren't enough). 

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 1

Is anyone besides me having a problem with the favorites poll on the FN site?  I've gone there multiple times since I heard it was up and running and all I ever see is white space where the pictures of the contestants should be.

As far as I'm concerned, that's as it should be. Cory might be the only one worthy of even sitting on a panel of judges at GGG or Kids's BBQ. He's good looking enough and can get his shit together presenting to crowds at the event in Colorado and the NYC Food Fest; I mean, that's what all of these challenges are doing, really: setting them up to do demos at food festivals and eventually judge FN dreck competition shows. 

Sadly, one of the buffoons will likely be fan favorite, and we'll be subjected to "honey" or booming laughter that overcompensates for other shortcomings for a long time. FN hasn't hired one of those types since Mauro; the women this year are/were all fodder since a woman won last year. I think Eddie won the year before. Hence, it's a white guy's turn. And FN doesn't like quiet food authorities like Cory, as worthy as he might be of the title. Lord help us all. 

Count me in as another person for Cory.  I thought at least some people would be for Jason but I should know already that on this board great minds think alike.  I hope Cory wins.  I thought he was getting the winner's edit until the episode before this one where they made him act a little out of character, so I hope that doesn't mean he's not the winner.  At times I think Jason's getting the winner's edit.  I guess they just want to keep us guessing.

I was one of the first to speak out against Jason, maybe week 2? I was already tired of the schtick. But as I noted, other slots are filled right now. It's time for a loud white guy to win. Ugh. 

14 likes (16 now).  At least one is probably from Matthew.  

I went ahead and clicked on it anyway and watched about 30 seconds of the 7+ minutes (a bit near the beginning, and again about 3 minutes in).  He just kept talking about what food he had to eat on his trip or, I guess, in the airport.  Heck, my mother does that, too, every time she goes on a trip - or she used to.  She's finally realized, I guess, that how many mussels she had is just not that interesting to anybody else.

I'm glad you enjoyed your bagel with lox and cream cheese, Matthew - but keep it to yourself, ok?  Or, you know, your 16 or so fans.  I suppose you'll go home and add some gratuitous poblano chiles and nacho cheese sauce "for that southwestern flavor."  

(edited)
On 7/21/2017 at 9:46 AM, cooksdelight said:

This hurts me to look at it.

Ugh. Live from JFK? Was he at the airport? #toolazytogoogleit #idontreallyneedtheanswer

Edited by ivygirl