Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: A Boy or Girl For Jill?

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Jackson appears to be very immature for 13.  Justin who is 1 yr older seems more in line with wanting to be with his older brothers, yet Jackson seems to be lumped in with the little kids!  I can't even picture my teen boys wanting to participate in a gender  reveal game.

Its been mentioned by other people in the thread it doesn't really look like his older brothers want anything to do with Jackson. From the episodes I've seen I agree they don't really do anything with him and seem more annoyed by him. That leaves only the Lost Girls to hang out with. It is really odd he was the last boy born so it wasn't like with Joy being born after so many boys and more boys following her. Maybe Jackson got away with a lot more because he was born on the show or got a lot of attention because always seemed to be "on". I don't know.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1

Jackson is annoying to me and always has been. I don't think it's very Christian of them nor is it loving of his older brothers to seemingly shun him. Isn't that going against one's siblings being your best friend? I also would think Jackson is too old to hang out with opposite sex siblings. Wasn't that the rule for the older group? This family keeps on contradicting itself to me.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Jackson appears to be very immature for 13.  Justin who is 1 yr older seems more in line with wanting to be with his older brothers, yet Jackson seems to be lumped in with the little kids!  I can't even picture my teen boys wanting to participate in a gender  reveal game.

But for Jackson it's the ATTENTION !! and the SCREEN TIME !! and the HAT !! And all the photo-bombing opportunities. Poor kid. Constantly competing with Josie for attention. He will have the biggest adjustment when the TLC cameras stop rolling.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jackson is annoying to me and always has been. I don't think it's very Christian of them nor is it loving of his older brothers to seemingly shun him. Isn't that going against one's siblings being your best friend? I also would think Jackson is too old to hang out with opposite sex siblings. Wasn't that the rule for the older group? This family keeps on contradicting itself to me.

He's always been annoying to me too. But it is still weird that none of his brothers want anything to do with him. Not one of them? Your right usually they are all about separating the boys from the girls when they get to a certain age. Why not this time? JB and Michelle no longer care?

7 minutes ago, drafan said:

But for Jackson it's the ATTENTION !! and the SCREEN TIME !! and the HAT !! And all the photo-bombing opportunities. Poor kid. Constantly competing with Josie for attention. He will have the biggest adjustment when the TLC cameras stop rolling.

It really is. That's the only way Jackson gets any kind of attention. He learned early on that was how he got attention. He did something, the cameras were rolling and everyone laughed. He even got attention from JB. Now that he's older that's still the only way to get attention but no one cares.  He doesn't have a brother to hang out with or that he's friends with and JB only cared because of the show.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, drafan said:

Jackson and Josie remind me of former child stars desperately clinging to the cutesy shtick that brought them fame, not realizing they outgrew their appeal a long time ago. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Jackson and Josie remind me of former child stars desperately clinging to the cutesy shtick that brought them fame, not realizing they outgrew their appeal a long time ago. 

Can't you just see Josie in a remake of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"(somewhere down the line) ? I wonder which of the daughters (or even Michelle, for that matter) should play the Joan Crawford part...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Can't you just see Josie in a remake of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"(somewhere down the line) ? I wonder which of the daughters (or even Michelle, for that matter) should play the Joan Crawford part...

Jessa would be great in a Joan Crawford-type role.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Michelle will end up playing Norma Desmond in "Sunset Boulevard", mourning the lost days when all of America applauded her: "I'm STILL big, it's the reality TV shows that have gotten small!"

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Jordyn, obviously, as the overshadowed older sister. 

• Love 3
On 7/6/2017 at 8:21 AM, Jeeves said:

EDITED to add this: I shoulda done a better Google job. I found that quoted sentence ^^ in a book called You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity, by Francis Chan and Lisa Chan. It's definitely about the burning need to proselytize and save souls for Christ. It portrays the world as a battlefield where people are dying and Christians must eternally fight the good fight. My Google search didn't let me read more than a few pages so I didn't get to read all eight reasons, but the first few painted the picture. 

So, no surprise that Joy and Austin's honeymoon includes going with that group to Israel. To do whatever it is they think they're doing in the name of Jesus.

If you're really interested, you can download the book for free here: https://www.youandmeforever.org/download

According to the website, all proceeds from the sale of the book are being used to fund a medical center/village to help women engaged in prostitution find Christ and a way out of prostitution. There is a video about the project on that website that explains it far better. I was actually almost moved to donate. 

• Love 1

The Duggar boys have a pecking order strictly based on birth order. It's one of the effects that dormitory living has on children. Jackson is an uncool, lame little baby to the howlers. I think that's half his problem.

• Love 2

Justin isn't that much older, but he was assimilated into Duggars Man Borg even before the age Jackson is now. He was shown a year ago absorbing the mechanic trade from Pastor Caldwell.s

(edited)
On 7/12/2017 at 2:14 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Justin isn't that much older, but he was assimilated into Duggars Man Borg even before the age Jackson is now. He was shown a year ago absorbing the mechanic trade from Pastor Caldwell.s

Might also be personality type as well. Justin may be more of an easy going, go with the flow kind of person, so he excels within the group of "Howler Boys". If Jackson is an attention seeking type, you'll only suceed in a group by being 1. The top dog (which he's not as the baby) or 2. Very charismatic and entertaining (which I doubt he is)- thus the older boys shun him and he gets attention for acting like a baby. I'm sure Johannah probably rolls her eyes at him too but because he's older and a boy not much she can do. 

Edited by Scarlett45
I know the difference between Jackson and Justin.
On 7/9/2017 at 8:20 AM, sATL said:

I'm a little surprised that no-one could predict that her baby would be 9+ pounds and that precautions should be taken given delivery #1 was via c-sect after a long labor.  A little common sense should have crept in too.  I just don't get why getting a full-fledged licensed, experienced and medically trained OB-GYN advice is a sin in their little world. There's not a teaching in their home-school Bible classes, about seeking wisdom from others ??

Jill apparently had no prenatal care, because most doctors would advise against having a home birth after baby number one had been a c-section after a long labor. I know that when my mom was pregnant with my sister, she immediately scheduled a c-section delivery, because she knew that since she was in labor for a whole day and eventually had to have an emergency c-section when I was born, it would be incredibly risky to attempt a VBAC. And that was in the 1980s, where there was no Dr. Google to consult about those types of things.

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 12:45 AM, lexington11 said:

Jill apparently had no prenatal care, because most doctors would advise against having a home birth after baby number one had been a c-section after a long labor. I know that when my mom was pregnant with my sister, she immediately scheduled a c-section delivery, because she knew that since she was in labor for a whole day and eventually had to have an emergency c-section when I was born, it would be incredibly risky to attempt a VBAC. And that was in the 1980s, where there was no Dr. Google to consult about those types of things.

I had read somewhere that Anna maybe got some flack from Michelle about Josh getting caught having an affair and this would be considered partly Anna's fault. If a woman is taking care of their wifely duties, then husband won't stray...

So would it not be Michelle's Fault that two out of three daughter's have had to have C Sections? I wonder what she says to daughters behind the scenes? God will help them have birth at home even if baby is breech? Or is this ALL dumbass Jill and Dicksmack Derrick? Did Joy have Jill as her incompetent birth attendant? 

Blows my mind, really, the dullness between the ears, and the minimal amount of neurons firing on a minute to minute basis is some duggar brains. Maybe it's something in the well water when they were small? 

• Love 2