Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E03: Den of Temptation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

Kevin is interesting but couldn't they pick an older person that KNEW the game?   And wouldn't be nice if they had more than one hamster that was over 40?

i just want Alex to win just by her attitude towards Cody. 

Jessica is turning in to the queen bee mean girl.  

I thought in his pre interviews he said he was a fan and had watched before. Then he gets in the house and he doesn't know anything. Did I make this up? Was he a recruit or a fan? Is he acting that he doesn't know anything about BB?

• Love 2

I too was trying to figure out the curse numbers.  Second in the room?  Second to go into the house? Second on the show intro? Second photo on the wall?  It's a mystery.

i felt for Megan.  She clearly misunderstood what Jessica said word wise , but not the intention.  But she was already having problems with the other houseguests that it would have been smarter to keep quiet, at least until she either had to leave or could gather more evidence. No one corrected her because she was already on the outs so much and no one wanted to redirect the target onto them.  

Jessica is a bitch. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

How are they supposed to sleep on those beds?  No one seemed particularly bothered.  Can they sleep in the comfy beds while the owner is awake or is that not allowed?  

They apparently received some padding to go over the spikes - but it's still going to be uncomfortable as hell.  And by definition HNs cannot sleep anywhere except in the HN Room.  This was actually the inception of the "no-nap" rule - to prevent HNs from catching a few Zs on the LR couch or the BY lounge chairs.

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I love Kevin but a lot of what he said and they tell us doesn't add up. For instance, I don't believe he's a stay at home dad. 

Right - and John Gotti's sole job was "waste management".  ;>

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Nashville said:

They apparently received some padding to go over the spikes - but it's still going to be uncomfortable as hell.

It looked like they had a pad, a sheet and a sleeping bag but that's still ridiculous.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

So here's my thing. I do believe Megan misheard, and while I personally like the people who are fans, and know who  past houseguests are, it's not a requirement, so I can't put Megan not knowing who Pao Pao was on her.  But I DO put Jessica not fessing up to the fact that she refers to Alex as Pao Pao on her. Because that could have cleared everything up. And it clearly wasn't a one-off, so it wasn't just Jessica not realizing she said that. And it clearly wasn't a compliment on Jessica's part, and while I am in no way calling her a racist, it's not a good look.  No, Jessica knew what she was doing, and let Megan hang. I'm a bit disappointed in Alex not listening more to Megan, but it is week one, Megan was Public enemy #1 and Alex was not ready to commit. 

As for the rest of it? Meh, of course Paul was going to get three weeks safety. And Cody is so creepy.

started out liking megan but she got caught playing one side against the other,her gameplay was based on her "interrogation skills" and it backfired

18 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Neanderthal-foreheaded Cody talking about how Jessica is wrapping herself in freedom made me want to puke. I have a gut feeling that if said woman in said garment were overweight or part of the "outcasts", he'd be sneeringly disgusted at how disrespectful it is. I hate that dead-eyed POS.

Mark's giving Josh a whopping serving of humility and perspective was wicked poignant. I kinda like that giant teddy bear. Except that he seems unilaterally smitten with freakishly-augmented-lip girl.

Pao Pao = panda? This is what you get when someone's a recruit and doesn't know their BB history. (Jury's still out on whether Hootie McBooberson equating one Asian-American woman with another is still a bit racist.)

Who wants to bet that as Paul announced his choice of orange, Alison Grodner was behind the HN wall, slipping the green disc into that spike?

Thought I'd dislike Kevin from his first ep weirdness, but I'm diggin' the guy a lot. The Temptations? Mojos? BWAH!! So far I'm pro-Mark, Christmas, and Kevin. If Ramses can contain his twee-ness and Dom her religiosity, I might also be on board with those two.

the wife calls her "Chesty McPlasticson"

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Pao Pao = panda? This is what you get when someone's a recruit and doesn't know their BB history. (Jury's still out on whether Hootie McBooberson equating one Asian-American woman with another is still a bit racist.)

Not this man's jury.- the verdict is in, and say goodbye to the world of private showers.  Jessica didn't even use a unique-to-Alex nickname or reference, which would have been more appropriate even if derogatory.  Instead, Jessica's statement implicitly inferred that in JessicaWorld, Asian women are interchangeable enough that calling one by another's name is ok because... why?  

Because they all look alike?  

Because they're all the same?  

NUH-uh.  No bueno.

• Love 15

Of you look very carefully when the HNs sat on the spiked beds, you could see the spikes give a little.  I think they're made of very stiff foam--still quite uncomfortable, but not impossible, especially with the sleeping pads.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Of you look very carefully when the HNs sat on the spiked beds, you could see the spikes give a little.  I think they're made of very stiff foam--still quite uncomfortable, but not impossible, especially with the sleeping pads.

I was trying to figure out if a thin person could slip between the spikes and sleep that way, but then you have absolutely no support and it would probably be more uncomfortable than sleeping on the damned things. 

The HN room seems to get worse and worse but I think this is officially the first HN bed that would make me throw in the towel.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I was trying to figure out if a thin person could slip between the spikes and sleep that way, but then you have absolutely no support and it would probably be more uncomfortable than sleeping on the damned things. 

The HN room seems to get worse and worse but I think this is officially the first HN bed that would make me throw in the towel.

Not gameplay-related in any way, but spoilered because it comes from feed content:

Spoiler

The HGs took turns trying to lay between the spikes and not on them.  Raven was the only one skinny enough to pull it off.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Accd to reports, she had a panic attack and was sent to the hospital (I presume during the "hours"  the HGs thought she was in the DR) she suffers from PTSD that is a result of sexual assault while in the military...the altercations with the various house guests fired up her PTSD.... the producers and Megan felt it was best she exit the show...I believe people.com has an article.

Thanks for the pretty sad but needed update.

• Love 7

I can't warm to Alex, just because of how quickly and how extremely she turned on Megan. It just made no sense to me. I felt so bad for Megan; I'm glad she's out of the house.

At this point, I don't know who I can pull for. I guess it's the usual lesser-of-the-evils, so I want Cody and Jessica out ASAP. The way they took credit for Megan leaving was absolutely disgusting.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I too was trying to figure out the curse numbers.  Second in the room?  Second to go into the house? Second on the show intro? Second photo on the wall?  It's a mystery.

Who was the second in the den?  They made sure to show everyone so I think it's a clue.

Come on!  I know the die hards are out there who take notes.  

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Who was the second in the den?  They made sure to show everyone so I think it's a clue.

Come on!  I know the die hards are out there who take notes.  

Yes, but the order in which the HGs entered the DoT in reality isn't necessarily the order in which they were shown in the broadcast.  Production juggles this kind of stuff around all the time.

Edited by Nashville
Den of Temptation, not Temptation Den
  • Love 2
Just now, Nashville said:

Yes, but the order in which the HGs entered the TD in reality isn't necessarily the order in which they were shown in the broadcast.  Production juggles this kind of stuff around all the time.

I had thought about that.  I would love anyone to answer who was 2nd in the den as we saw on tv.

DoT entry order:

1. Jessica
  2. Kevin
  3. Josh
  4. Christmas
  5. Raven
  6. Matt
  7. Dominique 
  8. Mark
  9. Elena 
  10. Cody 
  11. Alex 
  12. FD - er.. excuse me, Jillian
  13. Paul 
  14. Jason
  15. Ramses

On a purely personal note - I could watch Christmas go up those HoH stairs ALL.  DAMN.  DAY.

• Love 2

I know this isn't a huge revelation, but I was hit really hard by Josh's response to the Have Not Room.  He probably said five or six times, "How am I going to be able to sleep on these spikes?" not once considering any of the others.  That said, I would invite Josh to live in my house and take over my guest room if he could get Cody to self-evict sometime in the next 24 hours. 

I wonder if TPTP also dislike Cody?  I don't think that they showed him enter the HOH room the other night. 

• Love 3

Jessica just doesn't seem to be the most enlightened person in the world.

Meh, I have no excuses for her. To me this is like when Aaryn from BB15 was doing her stereotypical "ching chang chong" voice on camera but off-telecast. It looked purely racist but it turns out she was quoting some lines from a female comedian's stand up bit about some ladies at the Korean-owned nail salon she goes to. Out of context what Aaryn was saying made no sense. However, in the bit it's funny and doesn't feel racist (IMO) because the comedienne is a POC herself and she actually admires the salon ladies. There was no way someone who looks and acts like Aaryn was going to make quoting from that bit work even if anyone had understood the context. Similarly, Jessica feeling free to call the house's only Asian woman by another Asian woman's name seems to me more like inflicting her privilege than a lack of enlightenment.

the producers and Megan felt it was best she exit the show...

Wonder why she denied having self-evicted? Whatever, not trying to blame the victim, it just now seems odd to me that she ever thought being locked in the BB house with virtually no privacy would be good experience for her. If nothing else the houseguests need to be strong enough to withstand regular attacks on their emotional boundaries.

I wonder if TPTP also dislike Cody?

At the very least they seem to realize he comes across kind of robotic. If they wanted to they could probably hide that in the editing.

• Love 4

F'ing Paul.

50 percent of what went down with Megan lies with her and the other 50 with Paul. He could have cleared the whole thing up but because he's a piece of s#$t he let all that happen. As for Megan I hope she paid closer attention to details when she was interogating ISIS or El Quida Bad intel can be disasterous in war time.

Speaking of Paul the blatant likely producer manipulation is already reached sicking levels. Not for one moment do I not believe there was a  slot behind the spikes that could be opened and the right medallion shoved in to make everything peaches and cream for "your boy". And did he actually win that vote or was Allison Grodner setting the whole thing up to ensure that he remain in the house for three weeks. Show me the proof, show me the vote tallies and I will admit I was wrong....until then I don't believe it for a minute.

In what world is Alex not considered one of the babes? She was so sexy the way she is limber enough to  do that trick with her legs when she was working out with Cody. I'm dissapointed in  her though that she could have saved herself. As super fan she should have promised the world....people always reneg in the end any way...just ask Kaysar after he let go of that key.

Why sugar coat it....with personal emergency BS...Megan quit plain and simple.

Kevin is super creepy but did love the Cowboy being all  "Like Hello" as to whether Cody was going to get laid. And what...no love from the musclebound boys for Dominique and Christmas?

Can't put a finger on it but there is something off putting about Raven.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm pretty sure Paul knows all of the steps they've set up for him as his deal for returning to the house... and that there were two green discs in those spikes all along for example. I never believe these votes either. Like early on last year when people would so conveniently win "votes" or comps that we didn't really know all the details/results when they were in trouble. Everything looks likes producer shenanigans to me so far... not a good way to start out. I bet even Paul himself is like "Sheezus throw Your Boy a bone and make these things look a little more subtle huh??"

1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

Can't put a finger on it but there is something off putting about Raven.

There's something off there, or maybe it's just the showmance that made me turn on her... I first liked her but feel like I won't in a few weeks for some reason.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/2/2017 at 3:07 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

(Jury's still out on whether Hootie McBooberson equating one Asian-American woman with another is still a bit racist.)

Yeah, no, jury shouldn't be out on this one at all, it's hella racist. As someone mentioned above, context matters in these cases - despite the fact that there are surface similarities between Alex and Pao Pao, you're talking about a group of people marginalized by saying they 'all look the same.' In situations like that, the burden of appropriateness is a bit different than mockingly calling one perky blonde girl by another's name, or calling Elena 'Nicole' because she shlumps around with the messy bun and oversized glasses...

Imagine them (consistently, and multiple people) calling Christian, African-American woman Dominique 'DaVonne' - that wouldn't fly, and this shouldn't either. 

I had an uncle - Irish-American - who called his Filipino SIL 'Hop Sing' from the day they met, despite being called out on it multiple times. He was an old racist bastard who wasn't going to change, and he went to his deathbed doing it... thought it was hilarious. Spoiler: it wasn't.

Are the house guests allowed to sleep on the floor in the have not room? That seems like the best option in that room

That was my thought, too - especially since they have the mats/pads, the floor seems like it would be much more comfy! It must be forbidden...

Edited by leslieo54
So many more things to quote!
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

It looked like they had a pad, a sheet and a sleeping bag but that's still ridiculous.

13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

It's almost like the people who designed the have not room this year thought it would look cool to put spikes on the bed, but didn't actually test it.  I get that it's supposed to be inconvenient or uncomfortable, but that is just plain stupid.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, so far I've pinned down the houseguest to whom I'd most like to feed a shit sandwich. Guess Cody fits the 'Angry Bro' role. I detest him and his band of snotty "pretty" people who are dead on the inside.

I'll preface this next editorial diatribe by saying I *LOATHE* the PC police and their everything-is-racist movement. I loathe dog-whistling subversive racism just as much.

No, Jessica didn't call Alex Ow "Panda" (I do believe Megan thought she heard that-the irony is, what Jessica did say, in my opinion, was equally as offensive). She called her "Pow Pow" and she did so in a disparaging manner. She didn't merely remark on Alex and Pow Pow being similar (if that's indeed what she thinks) in a benign commentary, she called her "Pow Pow" with an added hiss within the context of a spiteful moment, and with a definite derogatory note. Calling an Asian person the name of another Asian person (or black, or white or...you get it) solely based on the notion that their families presumably come from the same area on the globe (not even the same country) while you're pissed off at them and in the context of meaning to be a dick is textbook racism 101. I'm sure Julie Chen will go easy on Jessica in the interview when she gets kicked out though....

giphy.gif

I like this season's obligatory oldster. I thought he was a weirdo at first, and I guess he still is, but he's cracking me up. That hair! I'll bet he was a sight to be had on the Jersey shore 40 years ago....

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, leslieo54 said:

Imagine them (consistently, and multiple people) calling Christian, African-American woman Dominique 'DaVonne' - that wouldn't fly, and this shouldn't either. 

I'm gonna reply to this in the Episode Discussion for Feed Watchers thread.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Thalia said:

He probably said five or six times, "How am I going to be able to sleep on these spikes?" not once considering any of the others.

Ha, this hit me hard, too.  For Josh, there's no world but Josh World.

Okay, so I have a grudge against Josh because I credit him with starting the whole "Let's pile on Megan" snowball, possibly when God sent him a message that she was his enemy.  From the show, it seemed he took the apple to save himself, screwing his team, and justified it with some nonsense made out of whole cloth nothin' that Megan would singlehandedly inspire the rest of the hamster tank to boot him.  Umm, that's a little scary, no?

On the other hand, I'm kind of glad Unstable Josh and Clocktower Cody are there, and I don't even mind Your Boy Paul getting a three-week pass.  If you're not into boobs and hookups and preening/flirting/sniping in the high school cafeteria, these three--plus Kevin--give you something else to watch while the herd thins.

But then, oh shit, I've named all men.  Is that me, or the casting directors, or this social microcosm situation that makes the women more or less subordinate right out of the gate? ( I'm going with 'Not Me' because I was rooting hard for Vanessa, World Class Poker Champ, to dominate.  I like strong independent thinking women--I pleaded with Vanessa every week to please stop crying.)

I wonder if things would have been different for Megan if she'd chosen to present as Interrogator instead of Dogwalker? 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I'll preface this next editorial diatribe by saying I *LOATHE* the PC police and their everything-is-racist movement. I loathe dog-whistling subversive racism just as much.

No, Jessica didn't call Alex Ow "Panda" (I do believe Megan thought she heard that-the irony is, what Jessica did say, in my opinion, was equally as offensive). She called her "Pow Pow" and she did so in a disparaging manner. She didn't merely remark on Alex and Pow Pow being similar (if that's indeed what she thinks) in a benign commentary, she called her "Pow Pow" with an added hiss within the context of a spiteful moment, and with a definite derogatory note. Calling an Asian person the name of another Asian person (or black, or white or...you get it) solely based on the notion that their families presumably come from the same area on the globe (not even the same country) while you're pissed off at them and in the context of meaning to be a dick is textbook racism 101. I'm sure Julie Chen will go easy on Jessica in the interview when she gets kicked out though....

Yes, and the issue I had with it was that Megan said, about calling her panda, "isn't that racist?"

Alex then announced that Megan had said Jessica is A RACIST.

there is a huge difference between saying that language is racist and saying a person is racist.    While some racist people knowingly say things that are racist all the time, there are people who are not racist who might unknowingly say something that is interpreted as racist.  Megan did not say "Jessica is a racist", but that's how her comment was interpreted.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:11 PM, Petunia13 said:

I love Kevin but a lot of what he said and they tell us doesn't add up. For instance, I don't believe he's a stay at home dad. 

Yes, especially since his kids are older teens and young adults.  I think "stay at home dad"  means "I don't want to get a job, maybe I can make money on a reality show." 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes, and the issue I had with it was that Megan said, about calling her panda, "isn't that racist?"

Huh?

Alex then announced that Megan had said Jessica is A RACIST. While some racist people knowingly say things that are racist all the time, there are people who are not racist who might unknowingly say something that is interpreted as racist.  Megan did not say "Jessica is a racist", but that's how her comment was interpreted.

Let me guess...you've never been racially profiled...

Not trying to be rude. I'm really not. I just know how it feels to see someone's heart while they try to say that's not really what lies in their heart.  

Honestly. What does it take to make people recognize a racist twit when they they see one?? 

Edited by QuiteCalM

I think "stay at home dad"  means "I don't want to get a job, maybe I can make money on a reality show." 

It's possible Kevin is well-off enough financially that he doesn't need to work. Or maybe his wife has been working while he stayed home with the kids as they were growing up. Or maybe his source of income is something shady that the show doesn't want to mention.

• Love 3
On 7/2/2017 at 8:07 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

Who wants to bet that as Paul announced his choice of orange, Alison Grodner was behind the HN wall, slipping the green disc into that spike?

^^^^This^^^^

• Love 2

In the Den of Temptation, didn't Paul choose bottle #14? That's what I recall anyway. But I have no idea how they assign the numbers to house guests. Order of entry seems a good way.

On 7/2/2017 at 8:07 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

Neanderthal-foreheaded Cody talking about how Jessica is wrapping herself in freedom made me want to puke. I have a gut feeling that if said woman in said garment were overweight or part of the "outcasts", he'd be sneeringly disgusted at how disrespectful it is. I hate that dead-eyed POS.

For sure!! My friend who's in the military gets super mad when people wear the flag as clothing and she's also ripped people a new one when they do it.  Now I can't tell if it's wearing an ACTUAL flag or if anything that looks like a flag counts.  Because's Jessica's was obviously not a real flag so I'm not sure if my friend would get upset with that. 

On 7/3/2017 at 3:25 PM, Callaphera said:

I think Alex said she could fit between them.  Honestly I'd probably sleep on the nasty floor lol They can't force someone to sleep IN the beds.  They only have to be in the bedroom!

On 7/3/2017 at 4:34 PM, springbarb said:

I can't warm to Alex, just because of how quickly and how extremely she turned on Megan. It just made no sense to me. I felt so bad for Megan; I'm glad she's out of the house.

At this point, I don't know who I can pull for. I guess it's the usual lesser-of-the-evils, so I want Cody and Jessica out ASAP. The way they took credit for Megan leaving was absolutely disgusting.

This seemed odd to me.  Alex was so quick to go off on Megan when they were suppose to be really close.  Then Alex says that Megan has been stepping on toes... but we were shown NOTHING.  I guess it could be in respect for Megan, to not show her acting poorly to which she may have deserved this attitude from everyone... but I feel like we were not shown a lot of stuff that went down.  And those of us that watch the live feeds don't even know because she was out of the house before the live feeds started.  It's just really really bizarre.. 

• Love 2

As soon as I saw the foam spikes all I could think was I'd quickly develop a sleepwalking problem and end up on the floor, couch, hammock, or even a floaty in the pool!! Every. Single. Night.

Still love Paul. (Duking from rotten tomatoes being thrown my way) He's FUN! At least he's not in a "showmance", chasing "big boobs", or a big baby crier! Loved the cowboy bit as much as I loved the floaty last season! At least he tries to have fun and doesn't whine, cry, or bitch!

I'm afraid to wade into the panda racist thing. I think it's friggin stupid but I'm old. And why do these girls wear cat ears?? Are they secretly cats? Are they going to a costume party? 

LOVE LOVE LOVE Kevin. He's a few years younger than me but he's a really good sport. If I was in a house with all those kids I'd end up being the den mother and having long heartfelt talks about the direction they are going in. Of course I'd bomb at every challenge as I'd about as athletic as a walrus.  So he's a stay at home Dad? No big deal. Some women make more money than their husbands ever could. Makes sense for them to work and for him to stay home. I applaud his lack of "male ego" and actually raising his kids. Good for him!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

I think Alex said she could fit between them.  Honestly I'd probably sleep on the nasty floor lol They can't force someone to sleep IN the beds.  They only have to be in the bedroom!

They do have to sleep in the beds. In previous seasons, people have tried to get around the HN beds and there's just no way. You're not allowed to sleep anywhere but the beds, including naps. You can lay in a regular bed while talking to someone but you can't sleep there. So no floor (ew), can't make a hammock out of blankets and hang it from the ceiling, nothing but spikes. 

Although, be honest: that floor? Blech. I think of the things that floor has seen over the years and no. Just no.

• Love 2

In the Den of Temptation, didn't Paul choose bottle #14? 

He chose #2. The whole thing doesn't even make sense regardless of who he picked. You get a "temptation" but if you take it, someone else gets a consequence? So, what's the downside of taking the temptation if you're not getting any consequence? The whole point of "tempting" is to make sure there's a 50-50 chance you might get a booby prize. That way, you have to decide whether or not it's worth the risk. There was zero risk to Paul. Why wouldn't he take it? At least with the Have-Not thing there was a chance he'd extend being a Have-Not threefold. That's what temptations should look like. Risks. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

They do have to sleep in the beds. In previous seasons, people have tried to get around the HN beds and there's just no way. You're not allowed to sleep anywhere but the beds, including naps. You can lay in a regular bed while talking to someone but you can't sleep there. So no floor (ew), can't make a hammock out of blankets and hang it from the ceiling, nothing but spikes. 

Although, be honest: that floor? Blech. I think of the things that floor has seen over the years and no. Just no.

They all just need to pull what what's her face did a few seasons ago where she claimed the Have Not bed pulled a muscle in her back and then she was allowed to sleep in the HOH room lol 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

For sure!! My friend who's in the military gets super mad when people wear the flag as clothing and she's also ripped people a new one when they do it.  Now I can't tell if it's wearing an ACTUAL flag or if anything that looks like a flag counts.  Because's Jessica's was obviously not a real flag so I'm not sure if my friend would get upset with that. 

As a pre-teen/young teenager in the 70s I can state from experience that for some folks, you wearing any article of clothing which even remotely resembles a U. S. flag is considered substantial justification for stomping your traitor ass.  :(

• Love 1
2 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

As soon as I saw the foam spikes all I could think was I'd quickly develop a sleepwalking problem and end up on the floor, couch, hammock, or even a floaty in the pool!! Every. Single. Night.

Like Corey . . . and murmur about Harry Potter, too!

• Love 3

The words "panda" and "pao pao" don't really sound like each other.  So who had panda on the brain, Megan?  

Cody doesn't even try to hide his inner ugly, does he?  A shame, because I wanted to like Mr. Salt and Pepper.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

He chose #2. The whole thing doesn't even make sense regardless of who he picked. You get a "temptation" but if you take it, someone else gets a consequence? So, what's the downside of taking the temptation if you're not getting any consequence?  

It may not be as strong a force in week 1, but if this keeps up it the temptations may be a way to screw your own game over by screwing one of your prime allies.  The secret doesn't come out unless Paul is nominated.  So... Paul gets nominated and one of his buddies gets put on the block.  Even if he manages to escape eviction, the rest of the alliance could turn on Paul.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, kassa said:

The words "panda" and "pao pao" don't really sound like each other.  So who had panda on the brain, Megan?  

Cody doesn't even try to hide his inner ugly, does he?  A shame, because I wanted to like Mr. Salt and Pepper.

It may not be as strong a force in week 1, but if this keeps up it the temptations may be a way to screw your own game over by screwing one of your prime allies.  The secret doesn't come out unless Paul is nominated.  So... Paul gets nominated and one of his buddies gets put on the block.  Even if he manages to escape eviction, the rest of the alliance could turn on Paul.

Salt and pepper would be Matt, the good looking silver fox. (with unfortunate tattoos - I think he has a novella written on his arm). Cody is the slack jawed yokel that went on and on about his military past, and drooled over Jessica from the moment he met her. I have no idea why. I find her instantly forgettable, looks wise. Not half as interesting looking as Christmas and Elena. Her horrible racist persona though, will stick in my mind.

Kevin is the spitting image of Bryan Ferry to me. I find him the most entertaining and the houseguest I am most rooting for, although I am sure he will be regretfully evicted halfway. He'd have a much better chance if the cast was varied age-wise.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=bryan+ferry&rlz=1C1AVNE_enCA684CA688&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwio__7Ai_PUAhVI7IMKHWf4DTsQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1093&bih=530#imgrc=3j54dZ_CZElcwM:

• Love 1
(edited)

Spotlight moment from this episode was the conversation between Kevin and Jason:

Kevin asked Jason if the ladies are going to sleep with Cody while in the house.

Jason nodded affirmatively and said "Yeah."

“Where?”

“Anywhere.”

"Whattaya mean, anywhere? The bleepin’ weight bench?"

Edited by K-9
  • Love 1
(edited)

She probably misheard it as Bao Bao, which is the name of the panda who lived at the National Zoo until a few months ago when she was returned to China. Not excusing Megan, just seeing technically how she could've misheard and then decided to step in it. Separate from the whole calling one Asian woman by another Asian woman's name issue though, I think if someone had actually called Alex "Bao Bao" in reference to the zoo panda, that certainly would've been a problem, to say the least. I'm starting to feel like production overreacted and convinced Megan to leave when she's probably not the root of the situation but rather someone who tried to call out one of its symptoms. Wonder if Julie Chen will weigh in like she eventually did with Aaryn?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

Just wanted to point out how totally transparent this whole 'Den Twist' really is. You have to pick a number for the 'cursed' individual and then they call people in "at random" and make a point of showing that #2 was picked so it will be the 2nd person in that gets the whammy. So they clearly can make that person (and the temptation person) any HG they want. It's all so hinky it's hard to think it's NOT just a blatant setup for manipulation of the game.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

Kevin is the spitting image of Bryan Ferry to me. I find him the most entertaining and the houseguest I am most rooting for, although I am sure he will be regretfully evicted halfway. He'd have a much better chance if the cast was varied age-wise.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=bryan+ferry&rlz=1C1AVNE_enCA684CA688&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwio__7Ai_PUAhVI7IMKHWf4DTsQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1093&bih=530#imgrc=3j54dZ_CZElcwM:

Kevin = Bryan Ferry; that's good.

19 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

Salt and pepper would be Matt, the good looking silver fox. (with unfortunate tattoos - I think he has a novella written on his arm). Cody is the slack jawed yokel that went on and on about his military past, and drooled over Jessica from the moment he met her. I have no idea why. I find her instantly forgettable, looks wise. Not half as interesting looking as Christmas and Elena. Her horrible racist persona though, will stick in my mind.

To clarify, I meant that I wanted to like Matt, but his teaming up with Cody leaves me pretty cold.

• Love 3