Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Week 7: Switzerland

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, fib said:

Fixin' to, y'all, gonna and ain't... which are common in the parts of the South I have lived in... are not "correct grammar".  They are however more socially acceptable than the language Eric uses in our society.  

Your family and friends may be different than the ones Im thinking of   My favorite Southerner teaches english writing to the government and has better grammar than my grammar nazi English-boarding-school-alumnus mom.   

You know, maybe I should call Eric's way of speaking "lazy speaking."  For example, my left eye twitches when he says "witchoo" instead of "with you."  No way could Rachel live with that, lol.

• Love 8
(edited)
19 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

One of the greatest gifts we could have would be growing up with parents who always always used "proper" grammar. This was not Eric. His speech does not bother me at all and if his career is being a motivational speaker to people from similar backgrounds it is probably a benefit. Maybe he can turn it on and off, but I'm imagining Rachel's stuffy law firm or family dinner parties (yes I have an active imagination) and him sticking out like a sore thumb. Because in spite of Peter's godawful rap, she is not a girl from the 'hood. I would love Eric as the next Bachrlir.

I actually don't think Rachel or her family are that stuffy after following Rachel on social media. She parties with athletes and rappers. She can handle their grammar.

And it's funny that lawyers are all perceived as stuffy. I'm a lawyer at a big firm. I can assure you we are all not the same and do not all have sticks up our butt. It's just so funny to me that people think that. And we do not all marry professionals. Most of the male lawyers in my circle have wives who don't work and have never worked, not educated, and plenty of the women have spouses making significantly less in blue collar professions.  We don't actually like to marry each other. Lol

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I thought she picked Eric over matt at the end because the impact of booting him after hometowns will have less effect on his family than If she had done it with Matt. Neither are finals material.  Seems clear it's a Bryan-Peter showdown.

And I thought it was because she felt she needed to keep at least one black guy in the final mix . . . thoughts?

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I actually don't think Rachel or her family are that stuffy after following Rachel on social media. She parties with athletes and rappers. She can handle their grammar.

And it's funny that lawyers are all perceived as stuffy. I'm a lawyer at a big firm. I can assure you we are all not the same and do not all have sticks up our butt. It's just so funny to me that people think that. And we do not all marry professionals. Most of the male lawyers in my circle have wives who don't work and have never worked, not educated, and plenty of the women have spouses making significantly less in blue collar professions.  We don't actually like to marry each other. Lol

You know you are absolutely ruining my imaginary world :). 

• Love 5

And it's funny that lawyers are all perceived as stuffy. I'm a lawyer at a big firm. I can assure you we are all not the same and do not all have sticks up our butt. It's just so funny to me that people think that

Mr. Final Rose used to be a big firm/corporate lawyer and his best friends all were at one time big firm/corporate general counsels who bonded over bad jokes and formed a band that wrote corny, rhyming songs that they performed for employee going-away parties. They are a bunch of smart dudes but with weird senses of humor. 

However, I have met one or two of those stuffed-shirt type big firm lawyers as well, so they do exist. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Mr. Final Rose used to be a big firm/corporate lawyer and his best friends all were at one time big firm/corporate general counsels who bonded over bad jokes and formed a band that wrote corny, rhyming songs that they performed for employee going-away parties. They are a bunch of smart dudes but with weird senses of humor. 

However, I have met one or two of those stuffed-shirt type big firm lawyers as well, so they do exist. 

Oh I know they do! Thanks to them we have such a bad rep!!! Hahaha 

I am curious about Rachel's firm.  My firm might give me a couple months off to do the bachelor, but no way would I get time off to do two shows. Plus, even though filming is done, Rachel is doing all these media appearances, so I just don't get how she could still be working.  I'm sure you know we work all the time in big law and have a billable hrs requirement.  She must be on her way out.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 3
(edited)
46 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

How will you be able to tell Peter and the cardboard cutout apart?

lmao... Burn of the day. 

This. All one has to do is watch Rachel's interviews and follow her on social media to know that while yes, she's poised and educated, she's not bourgie or above talking in slang. Nick was the first to mention how Rachel's favorite comment throughout his time with her on his season was, "I keep it 100" and she confirmed that later. She talks about liking her ratchet reality shows, etc. Rachel is a perfect example of a contestant/lead (and there have been many others) that some viewers put on this pedestal and construct this idea of who they really are. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

It would be Peter and Dean for me, no question. The rest are window dressing.

But something tells me she's going to go the Andi route and pick Brian. I feel like it's so obvious that he's not what he seems. There's something I do not trust where he's concerned. 

Rachel is coming across as genuine, considerate, and self-aware. She's my favorite Bachelorette since Des. I can only hope she has as happy an ending as Des got, minus the Brooks-like drama.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, waving feather said:

Good news, @dirtypop90! TPTB decided to be kind and released the deleted scene of the jealousy over the watch and OMG it is delicious. Why wasn't this kept in the main episode? It is 10x more entertaining than whatever they showed. It's like Bryan is trying to be low-key about it but also not really and all the other guys are trying to act happy for him but seething with jealousy. It's amazing.

Deleted Scene: Bryan's Date Details Make the Guys Jealous

They KNOW. Eric was spot on.  Thank for posting.  It was good.

19 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I am curious about Rachel's firm.  My firm might give me a couple months off to do the bachelor, but no way would I get time off to do two shows. Plus, even though filming is done, Rachel is doing all these media appearances, so I just don't get how she could still be working.  I'm sure you know we work all the time in big law and have a billable hrs requirement.  She must be on her way out.

It helps that her dad is a Federal judge, imo.  Big firm politics are a lot about connections.  Texas big firm alum here. 

That said, I do think Rachel is contemplating another life.  I hope she gets what she wants.  

As for Eric, there are some people who speak non standard English for identity purposes.  It's not necessarily a lack of education, but rather a  mirroring of the speech patterns of people they grew up with.  I know a judge who consistently says "have went." Now that hits a raw nerve with me and I dearly wish it were her only failure at verb conjugation, but in the heat of the moment this is how she speaks.  She also says "pool" instead of "pull' and does the same with other "ull" words. I am sure she doesn't make these mistakes in her written work - and I hope not in her interview for appointment.

i like Eric the best, but not for Rachel.  I like Dean, but ditto.  I have no problem with Bryan.  Peter is just ugh to me because of his wooden presentation.  Then because I have my prejudices, I judge him for being a personal trainer and for the images he posts on social media.  I'm not so crazy about men who focus on how their various muscle groups look. But that's me, and I'm ok with those who think he's divine. 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Do we know what kind of law she does?  She could be a tax atty or work for Blue Cross denying medical coverage to those in need,  LOL.  She probably quit.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I've got relatives and friends from the deep south and, while their accents might be different from mine based on where I live, most of them do use correct grammar.  Eric's language issues has nothing to do with regionalism.  It has to do with poor grammar.  Period.  

You should take a linguistics class- have you??? Of course there are regional dialects that have their own consistent grammatical rules (like dropped possessives and so on.) Harping on Eric because he doesn't sound white enough (or whatever coded way it's put) is rude and uneducated.

I love Dean, but I would be surprised if the final two isn't Peter versus Bryan. I find them both heavily flawed, but let's see, I guess. I was kind of hoping Matt would pull the weirdest upset of all time and drag Rachel to a wedding ceremony.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, waving feather said:

Another unintentionally funny moment: when Dean said with utmost conviction during his bitching session with Peter about Bryan "He's 37 years old and he's from MIAMI" like those are definitive evidence of Bryan's terrible shortcomings. I get what he's getting at but sometimes the way Dean says things make him sound younger than 25.

I have no clue what he meant!  lol

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Do we know what kind of law she does?  She could be a tax atty or work for Blue Cross denying medical coverage to those in need,  LOL.  She probably quit.  

She's a litigation/trial lawyer. It was mentioned during Nick's season. Also the firm she works for is very visible on her social media. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, waving feather said:

Another unintentionally funny moment: when Dean said with utmost conviction during his bitching session with Peter about Bryan "He's 37 years old and he's from MIAMI" like those are definitive evidence of Bryan's terrible shortcomings. I get what he's getting at but sometimes the way Dean says things make him sound younger than 25.

I almost forgot about the speech where Dean shaded Bryan.  It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, HelloPenguin said:

You should take a linguistics class- have you??? Of course there are regional dialects that have their own consistent grammatical rules (like dropped possessives and so on.) Harping on Eric because he doesn't sound white enough (or whatever coded way it's put) is rude and uneducated.

I love Dean, but I would be surprised if the final two isn't Peter versus Bryan. I find them both heavily flawed, but let's see, I guess. I was kind of hoping Matt would pull the weirdest upset of all time and drag Rachel to a wedding ceremony.

I am taking a linguistics class -- and you are absolutely right about Eric! 

• Love 8

I can't believe this crop of guys was the best of the bunch. I can't see her married to any of these men. 

Poor Dean. I can just imagine his sense of dread as he imagined his dad on national TV. I think the tooth fairy and dinosaurs were his last ditch effort to get sent home.

Bryan gets less and less attractive to me as the weeks go by. And that story he shared sent up major red flags for me. 

Peter, I'm meh on him. I think he likes Rachel but he's reserved and may not be ready. I liked his honesty.

Eric is nice but too young and inexperienced.

Grammar snobbery is the worst.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

You know, maybe I should call Eric's way of speaking "lazy speaking."  For example, my left eye twitches when he says "witchoo" instead of "with you."  No way could Rachel live with that, lol.

Rachel herself says "fill" instead of "Feel".  I guess that's an accent thing (She's from Dallas?).  I always notice it.

1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

It would be Peter and Dean for me, no question. The rest are window dressing.

They're only 2 of the most beautiful guys I've seen on this show.  Peter is not really my thing but just seeing the way women react to him, I am impressed.  Now Dean?  Has one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen. 

People probably think Dean seems so young, and I admit, he really does.  But honestly, Peter seems so old.  He's probably way younger than me but his grey hair and his stilted, old man way of talking.  LOL.  But no hate.  He seems like a sweetie pie. I just can't feel anything through the screen.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
  14 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I thought she picked Eric over matt at the end because the impact of booting him after hometowns will have less effect on his family than If she had done it with Matt. Neither are finals material.  Seems clear it's a Bryan-Peter showdown.

And I thought it was because she felt she needed to keep at least one black guy in the final mix . . . thoughts?

I absolutely agree she had to have one man of color in the mix.

• Love 4
  4 hours ago, wings707 said:

Peter is taking this too seriously.  It is refreshing to see this but he does not understand that proposing is merely saying, let's see where this goes in real life.  Again she leans in for the kiss.  Come on Peter.  Was this a problem in your last relationship?  Smart money is on yes. 

I have not seen any of them show a sense of humor.  That is what draws me to another.  

I don't see Peter as the next bach, he would not be able to carry the show.   I can see him getting back with his ex though.  

Home visits!  My favorite episode.  Dean, get over the past (as dad said)!  Just accept you have an eccentric father and laugh about it.  And take Rachael to your house/apt and have her meet your friends instead.   Like production would agree to that!  

I am looking forward to this. 

Eric graduated magna cum laude and he speaks like this?  Oh hell no!  

Alex was playful & showed a sense of humor. I always get drawn to people who make me laugh .

was alex the greek one?? I loved him!! lol

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She's a litigation lawyer in a big Dallas firm. I think she works in insurance defense.  She mentioned she already had a trial since getting back home.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, nlkm9 said:

I absolutely agree she had to have one man of color in the mix.

I don't think she chose eric for that reason. If she didn't like him, and just felt she needed a MOC in her top 4, she would've kept Will or Anthony or Josiah around because those guys appeal more to this franchise's audience IMO. The fact that she only kept one MOC in her top 6 and it was Eric said to me that she was choosing the guys she actually liked. I do not believe she liked Matt or Adam more than Eric. Her crew from nick's season said she liked eric from the beginning. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, dirtypop90 said:

I don't think she chose eric for that reason. If she didn't like him, and just felt she needed a MOC in her top 4, she would've kept Will or Anthony or Josiah around because those guys appeal more to this franchise's audience IMO. The fact that she only kept one MOC in her top 6 and it was Eric said to me that she was choosing the guys she actually liked. I do not believe she liked Matt or Adam more than Eric. Her crew from nick's season said she liked eric from the beginning. 

After their one on one date, I saw what she sees in him. I think he's a solid pick. 

• Love 8
Just now, ridethemaverick said:

After their one on one date, I saw what she sees in him. I think he's a solid pick. 

Same. Based on what we have seen, her entire top 4 seems right to me. Dean is too young but not sure there was a better choice for his slot.  

• Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

was alex the greek one?? I loved him!! lol

I did too and was shocked to see him go before so many including one of the final 3!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I really really really don't like Bryan. But he seems to be the only one left checking off Rachel's wants. I think they have good physical chemistry but their entire relationship screams lust to me. I do not believe you fall in love on this show but fall in lust. The other guys including fan favorite Peter, just seem to not be clicking with Rachel THAT much. I do appreciate Peter being honest with Rachel because that is a very realistic way of thinking. My problem is, why even come on this show Peter? I don't believe for a second he didn't already know how this show works. Peter seems like a smart calculating man, I'm pretty sure he did his homework and researched Rachel. Peter is the next Bachelor and I am going to give him a huge side eye because he is telling Rachel he's  not ready to be engaged but when you become the Bachelor engagement is almost 100% happening and he knows this. Seems to contradict what he told her at the dinner date.  Peter needs more therapy because there still seems to be something wrong there. I think the guy has commitment issues.  But Peter is there just like everyone else, for screentime. He wants to promote his business.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, XoxoGG said:

I really really really don't like Bryan. But he seems to be the only one left checking off Rachel's wants. I think they have good physical chemistry but their entire relationship screams lust to me. I do not believe you fall in love on this show but fall in lust. The other guys including fan favorite Peter, just seem to not be clicking with Rachel THAT much. I do appreciate Peter being honest with Rachel because that is a very realistic way of thinking. My problem is, why even come on this show Peter? I don't believe for a second he didn't already know how this show works. Peter seems like a smart calculating man, I'm pretty sure he did his homework and researched Rachel. Peter is the next Bachelor and I am going to give him a huge side eye because he is telling Rachel he's  not ready to be engaged but when you become the Bachelor engagement is almost 100% happening and he knows this. Seems to contradict what he told her at the dinner date.  Peter needs more therapy because there still seems to be something wrong there. I think the guy has commitment issues.  But Peter is there just like everyone else, for screentime. He wants to promote his business.

I agree with all you said,  I doubt he will be the next bachelor.  He cannot carry a show.  

If I were Peter,  I would say look, I see Bryan's gift of a watch to mean he is your #1.  I am going to leave now to avoid what will surely be an awkward elimination.  Then see what her reaction is.  If she says, HERE I bought an even better watch for you, then I would reconsider.  :^)  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, phlebas said:

The promos for this ep were even more misleading than the bloody-eye Kenny promos. Honestly, why bother? It's like ransom notes cut from letters in a magazine.

Seriously. The Kenny eye gash promos were misleading in a sense, but they had nothing to do with Rachel or the basic premise of the show. This Peter thing was just blatantly out of context.

Did anyone else think that Bryan's last girlfriend breaking up with him because of his mom was a *huge* red flag? I can't believe Rachel didn't ask more questions when he said that.

Very much so. Especially since he pointed out that he's her only son (or only child?), Rachel needs to be ready for a serious Mama Bear situation on that visit. He didn't go into any specifics, but it must have been pretty bad for a girl to break it off entirely. 

She will never pick Eric in a million years, and I felt like she gave him a "pity rose" so he could finally say he brought a girl home to meet the family.  I think they are a total mismatch.  "That being said" (TM Rachel and everyone else), Eric has grown on me to the point that he is my favorite guy.  Not for Rachel, but wow, he is a lovely man and has made something fine of himself, despite the odds, by virtue of his positive nature.  He seems humble, sincere and kind-hearted.

Me too! He seems almost too genuine for his own good sometimes, like he can't help but say what he's thinking and not what he thinks the other person wants to hear. Ultimately not a bad quality in a person, but could be problematic in situations like this. In fact, it seems like he had some minor conflict with Rachel early on (around the time Lee or whoever was baiting him) because he spoke what was on his mind and it wasn't always positive. 

But I enjoy listening to what he has to say, unlike say, Bryan, whose 1-1 date seemed interminably long and dull (save the "got dumped because of my mom" story). 

Dean is another one that I really enjoy listening to once you get past the smiling veneer and the ridiculous dinosaur talk. That date was squirmy and uncomfortable for a long time, but I also didn't really appreciate Rachel barking at him to open up. She was basically throwing down an ultimatum "Open up or else!" which is not at all the way to handle someone with the kind of emotional background that Dean has. It's frankly amazing that he ever did get to the point of really talking about his family life. I suspect the evening date had more alcohol involved than the daytime date and that is what let the gates down a little. 

I went from not caring about/mild dislike of Eric to him being my absolute favorite too and I kind of love him.  Eric is the only man (other than Dean) who is an actual person.   Something Rachel said during their one-on-one really irritated me.  Eric describes his less than stellar family.  He says many/most of the male members sell drugs and have been to prison.   He's pretty clear that he's ashamed of their lifestyle and that this is the reason he's never brought a girl home to meet any of them.  Rachel, in her TH, says this is a "red flag", seems to take it personally and suggest there's something wrong with Eric.  She doesn't seem to get that he's hesitant to bring a woman he cares about into "Straight Outta Compton".  I believe when Eric started describing his family life, which is the polar opposite of hers, she was taken aback and just quit listening.  She gave him the rose out of pity and obligation, which stinks because Eric is the sweetest, most mature and "real" guy there.

I think she might have been partly thinking about her dad, the federal judge, when Eric was talking about most of his family members being on drugs and in and out of jail and maybe reflecting on the two different worlds aspect of their upbringing.

I don't necessarily think she was reacting to him not bringing a girl "home" in the technical sense, but moreso reading it as a sign that he's never been really serious about anyone, which I think he has confirmed. Isn't he the one who's said he's never really been in love? 

And it did happen because apparently there's a deleted scene online of that very thing. I haven't watched it myself but I read that Matt pointed it out when Bryan got back to the hotel from the date and asks him about it and Bryan tells them that Rachel got it for him and about the date. And yes, there was some seething jealousy. Chris Harrison references the jealousy in his weekly episode blog. It is surprising that the producers chose not to show that. That kind of drama which breeds insecurity and jealously in the contestants is right up their alley. Especially since twice now we've seen how Dean and Peter seem to have no issues feeding the obvious producer prodding of talking bad about Bryan. I actually find it interesting how many opinions Peter seemed to have of just about everyone when he can barely show Rachel much affection and is still talking about maybe being open to opening up. 

Seriously? They leave that on the cutting room floor but make us endure the stilted "how do you their date is going" conversations that are painfully fake? 

However, I would like to see more of Peter and Dean talking shit about Bryan, lol. And maybe some of Eric and Dean talking shit because I think Eric would have some real gems to describe Bryan's fakeness. 

I do think that was at least part of it. She knows what a huge deal it is that she's the very first black lead and if her final five were ALL white guys? That would get some serious attention. She can only pick one in the end, so no harm in keeping Eric even if she doesn't intend to pick him and that would keep the heat off her (a little). 

But I also don't think she was feeling either Matt or Adam in any romantic way. Matt seems like a truly, truly nice guy and the type of guy you SHOULD pick because they would treat you well, but the spark isn't there. Adam...I'm sorry, I couldn't get past the busted face with this guy and his personality didn't really do anything for me either. Even his toast seemed a little weirdly aggressive in a way I can't put my finger on. 

She's probably on her way to making a mint in Instagram shilling and will do something else now that she's semi-famous. Andi didn't stick with law after the show either, right? 

On another note, I really need Rachel to cut "going with my gut" out of her Bachelorette vocabulary. If anyone had that on their B-ette drinking game list, they would be in a coma after last night's show. 

(edited)
Just now, ljenkins782 said:

because I think Eric would have some real gems to describe Bryan's fakeness. 

Except I think Eric likes Bryan just fine and based on post-show comments from many of the other guys, the only ones who seemed to have an issue with Bryan, was Peter and Dean. The consensus is that Bryan was a pretty chill and laid back person who didn't have any issues with anyone. 

She's probably on her way to making a mint in Instagram shilling and will do something else now that she's semi-famous. Andi didn't stick with law after the show either, right? 

My understanding is one major difference between Andi and Rachel is that Andi hadn't actually had much work experience as a lawyer when she appeared on Juan Pablo's season and so she just quickly ditched it for her faux Sex and the City life in New York. Rachel has apparently legitimately been working for a few years at her firm. But yes, since none of these people really come on this show solely for love, I won't be surprised to see her move on to something more entertainment wise. I don't see her living off shilling like Amanda though. Not that she won't ever do it but I don't see that being her sole source of income like Amanda because it's likely all Amanda is "skilled" at. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
39 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

She was basically throwing down an ultimatum "Open up or else!"

I didn't like that.  He was obviously uncomfortable with the nervous laughs and stupid comments.  She didn't seem to care.   I understand that this is part of the show and you have to open up much quicker than normal but they've been on two dates for fuck's sake.   She already knew from their first date that he had family issues after his mom passed. and basically had to raise himself from the age of fifteen.  It felt like she was just twisting the knife.  Not a good luck on her part.  

• Love 10

All the kissing is so over the top, so ridiculously vulgar. Rachel has really taken it to the next level, and that is saying a lot. She hardly looked around during the 1 on 1 dates with Bryan and Peter.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I understand that this is part of the show and you have to open up much quicker than normal but they've been on two dates for fuck's sake.

That's why I felt her final interaction with Matt was so sad. It seems like IRL they may have been a very compatible couple, but they had no chance to get to know one another (how much one-on-one time did she even have with him? an hour or two?) So she seemed to be admitting that the fast pace leads to a different sort of final coupling than a more natural pace. And that's a good thing?????

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 7

My local station kept cutting in with severe weather reports instead of Bachelorette dates -- don't they know we'd rather take our chances with a tornado than miss these dates? -- so all I got from this episode is a fixation on that FREAKING FOREHEAD! and OMGod, those EYELASHES! I don't think I heard any dialogue. The forehead and eyelash visuals blocked everything else out. And lightning might strike me, but I, too, thought Eric had to be picked so it wasn't four white boys Rachel brings home. Will Rachel's dad appreciate Eric's "witchu" manner of speech? We'll never know. If Rachel's dad gets a pass, I wish Dean's dad would get one as well. (I did get to see previews in between tornado predictions.) And yeah, that crotch shot and poop talk at the end was just ... well, let's say, "Not appreciated" by this one. WTHeck, editors?

When Rachel and Bryan walked into the Breitling shop and then she BOUGHT (?!) him that watch, I said "Holy CR*P!" out loud to my tv. Just one Breitling like Bryan got is between $4,500 and $6,000. WTHeck, show, what kind of deal did you cut?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, HelloPenguin said:

Harping on Eric because he doesn't sound white enough (or whatever coded way it's put) is rude and uneducated.

I do know that white people aren't the only ones who speak correct grammar (i.e., "white enough) and there are some, in fact, who speak incorrect grammar as well.   It's just really, really sad that anyone would think that "white enough" = correct grammar.  And that's not code.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, dleighg said:

That's why I felt her final interaction with Matt was so sad. It seems like IRL they may have been a very compatible couple, but they had no chance to get to know one another (how much one-on-one time did she even have with him? an hour or two?) So she seemed to be admitting that the fast pace leads to a different sort of final coupling than a more natural pace. And that's a good thing?????

The other part of that conversation that bugged me was that it was HER choice to not have time with Matt. If she wanted to get to know him..well, she had THREE 1-1 date cards to hand out and she handed them to three guys she'd already taken on 1-1s. To then tell him "we didn't have enough time together" was kind of adding insult to injury. 

• Love 14
(edited)
15 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:
16 hours ago, waving feather said:

If I were Bryan, I would come back to the house in the Ultraman pose to show off my new watch and wear it around the house all the time. Heh. 

Even though technically the watch is not from Rachel, she probably has a say in who gets what date, so it must feel good to get an expensive gift. Besides, if he is not picked in the end, he has a ~10K watch to nurse his broken heart. And even if he is picked and they break up shortly after, he still gets to keep it, unlike the NL diamond ring. How cool. It's a beautiful watch, that design is love at first sight for me.

I am SO upset we didnt get a scene with Brian showing off the watch to the other guys. WHAT EVEN IS THE POINT?!

LOL remember when tine fabulous took andrews watch and showed it off to everyone. I bet she sold that on ebay:)

2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Russian

whatever lol--he was sooooo adorable to me!! a real hunk:)

49 minutes ago, halkatla said:

All the kissing is so over the top, so ridiculously vulgar. Rachel has really taken it to the next level, and that is saying a lot. She hardly looked around during the 1 on 1 dates with Bryan and Peter.

still compared to kaitlyn she is chaste. lol.

speaking of kisses:

so what is the name of the dude she sent home last nite?? I thought the 2 looooong kisses were very inappropriate. blech

Edited by nlkm9
52 minutes ago, dleighg said:

That's why I felt her final interaction with Matt was so sad.

It was also really weird because although we haven't seen them together much it seemed from their one on one time and her reaction to letting him go that she genuinely was feeling something for him.  And then as he's about to get in the limo after she's let him go they KISS and.....it seems like there was something there???  This has been such a weird season.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

The other part of that conversation that bugged me was that it was HER choice to not have time with Matt. If she wanted to get to know him..well, she had THREE 1-1 date cards to hand out and she handed them to three guys she'd already taken on 1-1s. To then tell him "we didn't have enough time together" was kind of adding insult to injury. 

I get your point about the 1:1 dates. Yet, Rachel--and everyone in Bachelor Nation--already knew she would obviously have Bryan, Peter, and Dean as her top three. The other three guys have no chance in hell of being The One, so it made sense for her to dole out the obvious roses, and THEN go in for the mystery perfunctory 4th rose. What the producers did wrong was not milking/promoting the "group date" as the first ever 3:1 date In Bachelor History. I mean, I guess they're all nice guys, so none of them deserves to be stranded on a peak in the Alps or something. Not to mention instead of being cutthroat for the rose, all three of them gave her a pep talk about finding love because they know they're not her pick.

I liked that Matt ( or was it Adam ?) kept his glass of champagne firmly in his hand while getting the rejection speech, clutching it while he had his arms around her waist hugging her goodbye and then taking it with him into the rejection car. Yeah!  I said to the tv, just chug that thing ffs! and throw the glass in the bushes!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I do know that white people aren't the only ones who speak correct grammar (i.e., "white enough) and there are some, in fact, who speak incorrect grammar as well.   It's just really, really sad that anyone would think that "white enough" = correct grammar.  And that's not code.

A white person criticizing a black man from Baltimore for speaking in black vernacular- I see race in that. (And sorry if I've misperceived your ethnicity.) Remember that "wichu" is a common and acceptable way to combine "with you" that is yes, particular to black vernacular. Not trying to make this seem as a personal attack, I just see the criticism for Eric speaking in a very normal way to be confusing.

Honestly, I would be surprised if the winner isn't Bryan, though his edit is getting more unflattering right now. He does seem to speak using lines, and actual conversation. He doesn't seem like the worst, but I'm curious how Bryan would act around his guy friends back home, and whether they'd bro it up. He just seems a bit too faux polished. I'm also not convinced by Peter, which saddens me because I like Rachel so much!

• Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

My issue is after his weirdly spliced story about his ex (I say that because much like Brian's story I think the producers clearly chopped a lot out), he said that he THOUGHT he MIGHT be ready to open himself to the possibility of love again.

WTF - so he's not even sure that he's emotionally ready to open himself up to another woman, much less be ready for marriage and then he comes on this show where the whole premise is to be engaged by the end of a very fast tracked, weird and creepy dating experiment?

I didn't have much of an issue with him saying that because he talks like I talk (which I know frustrates people). I say my motto is essentially 'the only thing I know is that I know nothing.' I am never 100% on anything because I kind of believe all sides to things (except major things say like, racism and equality), there will always be a part of me that is asking 'what if' so I took him saying "I'd like to think I'm ready" is that his mind might on board but you can never really know if your heart is willing to follow until you're there. He wants to be ready but like, she's asking him to propose after 6 weeks. I'd be hesitant too, despite being on the show and knowing what it is. Maybe he thought he'd be cool with it and realizing he may not be 100%. 

But I also get why that isn't considered a good thing. Also might explain why I'm single 

Edited to add - one thing that came out last night that would bug me if I were a man trying to date Rachel, she turns 'lawyer' way too easily. It's one thing when it's funny when she's calling Demario out but when you're trying to get a man to open up (aka Dean date) and you start to grill him like he's on the stand and not seeing how clearly uncomfortable he is, you need to take a step back 

Edited by weightyghost
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, waving feather said:

Good news, @dirtypop90! TPTB decided to be kind and released the deleted scene of the jealousy over the watch and OMG it is delicious. Why wasn't this kept in the main episode? It is 10x more entertaining than whatever they showed. It's like Bryan is trying to be low-key about it but also not really and all the other guys are trying to act happy for him but seething with jealousy. It's amazing.

Deleted Scene: Bryan's Date Details Make the Guys Jealous

Thanks for posting. I don't understand why it wasn't shown either. Bryans' taking the watch off and doing the little twirl with it was a little smug and show-offy in my opinion. I really can't stand that type of behaviour. Not much humility there. 

I thought as she was buying it that other than Corrine's flashy clothes purchases for Nick last season I have never saw a lead purchase anything that expensive before. And it's surprising to me that the show would spring for it considering how cheap they can be. I mean she buys Anthony a cowboy hat and boots but I can't imagine they would be as expensive as that nice watch. Has anyone here ever noticed a expensive purchase like that before by a lead?

• Love 1

Maybe it's the cradle Catholic in me, but please stop talking and pawing on each other during mass. And this is coming from someone who hasn't been to church in 20 years. Seriously, what a weird idea for a date.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, vendredi3 said:

Maybe it's the cradle Catholic in me, but please stop talking and pawing on each other during mass. And this is coming from someone who hasn't been to church in 20 years. Seriously, what a weird idea for a date.

Just talking during the service was enough for me to say "INAPPROPRIATE"!  And the most deep thing we heard from her is that "faith and family is very important" but that somehow it doesn't really matter that her husband *believes* just that he supports her or some such thing. I dunno, seemed like a pretty wishy-washy faith. It seems like she likes the "tradition" and the going-to-church; otherwise why did she drag him there to a service that at least *he* couldn't understand? (maybe she speaks French, but he clearly didn't)

• Love 3

I loved that Bryan showed off the watch. The guys were pushing him for details and they noticed and prompted the watch discussion, so why the hell not? You asked for it, you get it. 

If he had gone into details (drove a Bentley, on a boat, private orchestra in a theatre) instead of just saying that they drove around to see the sights, they would have been more jealous. 

• Love 3