Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Week 7: Switzerland

• Start Topic

Rachel and the six remaining bachelors visit Geneva, Switzerland, where roses are handed out on three individual dates and one group date. Rachel takes Bryan shopping and Peter on a helicopter flight over the Swiss Alps. Adam, Eric and Matt go on a boat ride to a stunning castle where they try to win Rachel's favor.

I still can't get on the Bryan wagon, but that was a good date. I mean they actually had a proper conversation and he told us something about himself instead of his usual lines. The fact that I don't believe or trust him is on me. And she bought him a very expensive timeless gift, if that doesn't say I want you forever, I don't know what does.

The 1st part of the Dean date was like last week's Will date, right down to the awkward silence watching the view. What a letdown from their last 1 on 1. He jokes around as a defense mechanism and she's not going to have a lot of patience for that if he keeps covering up the serious. Even though she gave him the rose, he's not for her, but he is so so pretty, the Man upstairs was having a good day when He made Dean.

Peter's date was gorgeous, but can't expect any less of the Alps. The dogs reminded me of their 1st date with Copper.  Rachel was freaking out with all his overwhelming honesty, as a lawyer she probably doesn't see much of it, not to mention the potential for him rejecting her. 

Posting early because clearly the remaining 3 won't be there at the end.

• Love 5

That was really awkward with dean, but I get it!  I have a similar family situation!  " no emotional bearing on my life" as he said. In that case I'd rather she just come home to his place and see aspects of his life but not meet the family!  

• Love 5

I got a phone call during Dean talking about his family. Can someone give me a brief summary? 

I think she was way more upset at losing Matt and Adam than they were at losing her. Not even close. 

I appreciated Peters honesty (who didn't know his "I upset her" line was a scam?) and he is fine.....

• Love 2

The promos for this ep were even more misleading than the bloody-eye Kenny promos. Honestly, why bother? It's like ransom notes cut from letters in a magazine.

That said, I'm curious to meet the Maharishi in Dean's house.

• Love 22

I am back for the fashion. Still catching up on posts, comments from others, etc.  The rings are too much.  I did not see the entire episode, but from early episodes it seems as if she is having a fashion let down.  The hair is looking tired, the lashes are overwhelming and the style choices are questionable.  A crop top when you have on a coat and  hat??!!   They really gave her a sucky group of men to choose from.  Is she going home to anyone who has actually had their son bring a black woman home?  Not even Eric has!   Lord ! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, TiredMe said:

I got a phone call during Dean talking about his family. Can someone give me a brief summary? 

Essentially he was a ~cool dad and when his mom died, he couldnt transition into an actual parent he could talk to so it strained their relationship and his dad went eccentric and they've had a tough go. He didn't want Rachel to judge him on his family situation, particularly that he would have a hard time building a solid family because of what he came from. 

This episode is kind of ridiculous. Rachel was so upset that Peter was like "well, if I'm not 100% ready to marry you, I wont propose" as if that's a bad thing... like, she'd rather go with her 2nd choice if he's ready to get married but Peter isn't? 

Bryan skeeves me out so bad and it surprises me every time that Rachel can't see straight through him 

• Love 15
(edited)
19 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Ha, enjoyed the dog poop/pooping convo outtake at the end. 

Yes, I caught that.  Oddly  I thought it was the most realistic thing I've heard on this show.  I think I could have made it without knowing that Rachel poops with the door open. 

17 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

Essentially he was a ~cool dad and when his mom died, he couldnt transition into an actual parent he could talk to so it strained their relationship and his dad went eccentric and they've had a tough go. He didn't want Rachel to judge him on his family situation, particularly that he would have a hard time building a solid family because of what he came from. 

This episode is kind of ridiculous. Rachel was so upset that Peter was like "well, if I'm not 100% ready to marry you, I wont propose" as if that's a bad thing... like, she'd rather go with her 2nd choice if he's ready to get married but Peter isn't? 

Bryan skeeves me out so bad and it surprises me every time that Rachel can't see straight through him 

I think that is exactly what she did.  It screamed out to me that she wants him, but she wants to be engaged and not feel like the process was for nothing more.  I think she feels like she has something to prove and for her anything less than the big engagement on national television was going to be a failure.  She had to be 100 percent that was what she was going to get.  Dean's bio says he doesn't believe in marriage, and Eric has never had a relationship. Doesn't scream "I"m getting a ring," or I WANT one from either of them.   Interesting....and enlightening.   I believe someone told me that earlier versions of this show actually did end with people agreeing to date, and at least one person?? having the final two agreeing to date him for a while.  When did it become marriage/engagement or bust???  I think it would be a better show ( for what it is) if they didn't have the pressure of it ending in engagement after a few weeks.  Seriously, when they interview these men for the show don't they find out things like they don't believe in marriage or have not had a relationship, and do they even try to match the leads to people they feel like they are compatible with? Or is it just casting on looks, occupation, screen test, etc? 

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

She has proven not to be as "smart" as advertised IMO.   I think she has played the ABC game smartly though and good on her if it results in something that she wants.  The times I have watched there were some of the men I have to turn the channel, leave the room or fast forward through.  Of those left tonight  both Eric and Bryan fit this bill for different reasons.  I literally cannot stand to hear either of them speak.  There are even times I can't stand when Rachel speaks....but "with all that being said...." 

......both Peter and Eric have speech issues.   I still have not asked my Speech Pathologist friend, but there is a name for what Peter does when he hesitates. It is either that, or he stuttered in the past.  Eric's poor grammar was somewhat explained tonight....but hey from what I understand it did not stop him from writing a book so good for him. 

• Love 3

Peter's story about his ex was cut really weirdly. It started with "she never had a formal meeting with my parents..." and ended with how he drove away from their (assumedly) shared home and broke both their hearts. So it seemed like a really important relationship and I assume she did meet his parents- like it seemed like that first comment was a setup to a larger story about the way she *did* meet his parents. Did anyone else sense that or am I reading way too much into it? Also his eyes were so sincere, he is a guy who almost is sincere to a fault; like he prides himself on his sincerity; but I have fallen for that before and am falling for it with him, can't help it, it's so damn sexy. Seems like they are setting him up to be the next bachelor.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Eric's poor grammar was somewhat explained tonight....but hey from what I understand it did not stop him from writing a book so good for him. 

I missed that part.  What did he say about his poor grammar?

4 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

Yes the story was weird and didn't make sense at all. Like, we were both so upset to break up! But he never explained why.

Because he loved her but couldn't give her *all* his heart. It's the fatal flaw of too much sincerity.

• Love 4

It seems to me that Bryan is going to win.  I pegged him as the winner from the very start.  He has exactly that douchebag look, that douchebag hair, and that smarm that always seems to do well on this show.

• Love 14

Finding it not so easy to find a guy to root for.  Dean has beautiful eyes and such a sad family life. While it's not insurmountable, it hurts to watch him carry it around while the others have the mom, dad and Spotty the dog lifestyles.  I've never been Team Eric but I do like the way he speaks with her. Don't know if she's feeling the fireworks with him as much as certain others. Something is odd or off about Peter. Still not feeling him even though she seems to be. Brian gives new meaning to the word smarmy.  Creepy.  

• Love 3
(edited)

The best part of the episode was the CH magnet on the back of the car when it was driving off with Matt. Even though the show didn't spring for Harrison to make the trip to France or he took a personal day to go skiing in the Alps or something, it was a little way for CH to pop in and remind us that Rachel, gentlemen, this is the final rose. Or, um, maybe CH was the initials of the town they were in, but I'm going with it for being Chris Harrison.

Damn. I think I kept confusing Adam with Tickle Monster because of the dumb dummy gimmick. Or if I saw him in the background, I just thought he was Alex or Bryan or someone else I actually acknowledged as being cute. But now that the dude got some screen time, I think he was the most handsome of the bunch left. I also liked his toast about Rachel finding love...even though the other two jumped on with similar sentiments, he said it best. We hardly knew ye, Adam. Hope you (sans Adam Jr) show up in Paradise.

I can't wait to meet Dean's eccentric guru Dad! This is going to be as great as the taxidermist dad in...help me out here, people...Ali's season, maybe? Was it Kurt's dad? I think I'm mixing up seasons, but it was a classic.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Those fucking eyelashes

Did you guys notice that she wasn't wearing them on the Peter date? Her own lashes looked really good, so that makes her choice of drag queen falsies at all other times even more WTF.

I'm sad that AJ didn't get to go on the day trip to his home country. BTW, that's the thing I love most about Europe, the easy country-hopping.

Another thing about Europe is that cobblestones are a bitch to walk on in high heels. My feet were hurting in sympathy watching Rachel traipse around Geneva in her five-inch stilettos.

Did anyone else think that Bryan's last girlfriend breaking up with him because of his mom was a *huge* red flag? I can't believe Rachel didn't ask more questions when he said that.

So "not giving all of his love" is a pattern with Peter. I highly doubt he'll change in time for the FRC.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I missed that part.  What did he say about his poor grammar?

Nothing,I'm just inferring from what he said about not having great role models, seemed to describe a  difficult neighborhood, etc. I'm just projecting that he did not attend the best schools growing up, or if he did there was no one there making sure he took advantage of his education.

Hey, sue me. I get bored and I start making up backstories for everyone because it is more interesting than what I am hearing and seeing on screen. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

Did you guys notice that she wasn't wearing them on the Peter date? Her own lashes looked really good, so that makes her choice of drag queen falsies at all other times even more WTF.

I'm sad that AJ didn't get to go on the day trip to his home country. BTW, that's the thing I love most about Europe, the easy country-hopping.

Another thing about Europe is that cobblestones are a bitch to walk on in high heels. My feet were hurting in sympathy watching Rachel traipse around Geneva in her five-inch stilettos.

Did anyone else think that Bryan's last girlfriend breaking up with him because of his mom was a *huge* red flag? I can't believe Rachel didn't ask more questions when he said that.

So "not giving all of his love" is a pattern with Peter. I highly doubt he'll change in time for the FRC.

Maybe they thought they would freeze or something and get stuck together? Or can they get wet from the snow and fall off?  I have only worn them once at Halloween and it came off on eye and was hanging down at a strange angle.  Luckily I was dressed as a witch so I don't think anyone thought too much about it.   Hers are truly terrifying and I just can't help but keep thinking that a PROFESSIONAL makeup artist is doing this....wow! 

Missed the conversation about Bryan and the mom, but that is not a big surprise.  I am going to need more posts on this deep conversation they had and what they discussed because I cannot stand to see him talk...and his hair and cheeks freak me out.   Hopefully she asked more probing questions off screen.  I am also wondering if Bryan's family is Catholic. 

I somehow missed Peter saying something about not giving all his love, but reading above, I think it is strange that he lived with someone and they did not meet his parents? Is that what I am understanding?  I could see that if you lived in different cities and the relationship was over before a visit was arranged. Or did he just mean there was no formal let me bring you home and introduce you to the parents, but they knew who she was? 

All of these men have issues. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I loved all of the Eric analyses of each date. They kept cutting to back at the house, Eric taking with someone else. He's very perceptive! Thought they all had some pretty insightful comments.

Edited by betha
  • Love 11

Now I'm irritated at the show for giving Matt and especially Adam such crappy edits. We've seen almost nothing of them throughout the season, and tonight made me want to know Adam better.

TPTB didn't give me a chance to become invested in these two characters, which took some of the suspense out of tonight. I knew they were the ones going home because we didn't know them.

• Love 12
(edited)
16 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

The best part of the episode was the CH magnet on the back of the car when it was driving off with Matt. Even though the show didn't spring for Harrison to make the trip to France or he took a personal day to go skiing in the Alps or something, it was a little way for CH to pop in and remind us that Rachel, gentlemen, this is the final rose. Or, um, maybe CH was the initials of the town they were in, but I'm going with it for being Chris Harrison.

LMAO! CH is the two-letter code for Switzerland.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

CH = abbreviation for Switzerland. 

Those eyelashes and rings. 

Peter broke someone's heart and we are supposed to feel bad for him because he carries that guilt. Go away.

Please do not pick Dean, Rachel. He needs to let young women everywhere get to enjoy his Dean-ness. So beautiful, so sweet. 

I cannot see her with Eric. So Bryan's cheekbones and gnawing kisses for the win!

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

Yes the story was weird and didn't make sense at all. Like, we were both so upset to break up! But he never explained why.

I felt like I missed an essential piece and was left wondering why it made Rachel teary eyed. They clearly gave Peter the Bachelor edit there

• Love 3

I hope Peter is the next bachelor-I think he is handsome and straight  forward. If he really likes her a lot, that is just where he should be. I also don't think anything is strange about his speech, but I'm originally from Wisconsin so maybe I speak like that too! 

I am wondering why they have to meet Dean's swami dad at all; other home towns have just been friends. Bryan does nothing for me and I can't stand his chipmunk cheeks. Don't see any sparks with Eric but he seems like a cool guy.

• Love 9
(edited)

I think there was a lot of editing going on when Peter was talking about his ex, its like he said the full story but they cut a lot out.

The fact that Bryan said that he was hot and heavy with his ex in a short amount of time and eventually they broke up and goes on to say his relationship with Rachel is "eerily similar".. Well this will not end well, Rachel red flags, and the fact she keeps questioning him and he is still there probably means she will pick him in the end. 

Edited by roses
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I hope Peter is the next bachelor-I think he is handsome and straight  forward. If he really likes her a lot, that is just where he should be. I also don't think anything is strange about his speech, but I'm originally from Wisconsin so maybe I speak like that too! 

I am wondering why they have to meet Dean's swami dad at all; other home towns have just been friends. Bryan does nothing for me and I can't stand his chipmunk cheeks. Don't see any sparks with Eric but he seems like a cool guy.

No, it's like he can't get the word out.  It is in his head, and on his tongue but he has difficulty producing it.  It is clear he has worked on it though.   I agree. I have no problem with any of them not being ready to profess undying love after seeing someone for 72 hours total if they are lucky, and that may be stretching it. Eric does nothing for me, but he is becoming more tolerable. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I read Peter differently. I think he is very calculating. Has no interested in Rachel. And is doing just enough so that he can be the bachelor. And it's working.

@TheFinalRose we posted at the same time! Totally agree with you on Peter. We've seen his act before.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 13
(edited)
35 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Peter broke someone's heart and we are supposed to feel bad for him because he carries that guilt. Go away.

lmao... I think the best part was when he said, "she has tears streaming down her face and I blame myself for that". Like yeah considering I'm pretty sure the tears were as a result of your dumping her. Also it was a weirdly spliced conversation because it sounded like he referenced them living together but yet said she never met his parents and then one day he just drove away with her teary face in his rearview mirror. And then he tells Rachel that he thinks that he might be open to love again. Thinks and might be...okay then. Meanwhile, I think the thing that drives me the craziest about Peter is his very robotic way of speaking. He says everything in this measured, slightly mumbly way that contributes to why he always seems so stiff. 

Speaking of odd splicing, I felt like we missed something with Bryan's story of his ex. One second it was how hot and heavy they started and then somehow it transitioned to her and his mother having an issue and then her calling and dumping him and his concern then about Rachel meeting his family because the same thing might happen? But then he insists that they will accept and adore her. Weird. Meanwhile, Bryan and Rachel are in complete and utter lust with each other. Sure it may fizzle and not last in the real world but in such a short amount of time these  people spend together, I can see how she might be swayed by the guy she is in major lust with. Unless things suck in the Fantasy Suite. But if he rocks her world in there, it's a done deal. Also, Bryan was totally fantasizing about Rachel in a naughty Catholic school girl uniform when she talked about going to Catholic School and he wasn't even subtle about it. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10

Bryan gets an expensive watch, dean goes to church, and peter freezes his nards off; yeah, those were fair dates.  Do you think Bryan told the other guys about the watch?  She is way more giggly and google eyed with him than the others: lol oks like he's the one to pick. I would really like to belueve what she says about peter though.  They're a cute couple. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I thought she picked Eric over matt at the end because the impact of booting him after hometowns will have less effect on his family than If she had done it with Matt. Neither are finals material.  Seems clear it's a Bryan-Peter showdown.

Edited by HappyDancex2
Changed Adam to Matt. It was Matt right??
(edited)
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

Yeah, what the hell was that?   She refused to compromise with his mom -   compromise about what?  And then she broke up with him, and said it was because of his mom.  Yeah, Bryan, you skipped some stuff, because that right there is bullshit.  Unless Bryan's mom turns out to be straight-up psycho. 

Dean laughing about everything reminded me of a 15 year old boy on his first date. 

The scripted parts where they have the guys talking to each other  are SO FAKE!  "How do you think Peter's doing on his date with Rachel today?"  "Well, it might be hard to re-capture what they had on the first date"  blah blah bah -  none of it sounds genuine.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 15

If I were Bryan, I would come back to the house in the Ultraman pose to show off my new watch and wear it around the house all the time. Heh. 

Even though technically the watch is not from Rachel, she probably has a say in who gets what date, so it must feel good to get an expensive gift. Besides, if he is not picked in the end, he has a ~10K watch to nurse his broken heart. And even if he is picked and they break up shortly after, he still gets to keep it, unlike the NL diamond ring. How cool. It's a beautiful watch, that design is love at first sight for me.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, waving feather said:

If I were Bryan, I would come back to the house in the Ultraman pose to show off my new watch and wear it around the house all the time. Heh. 

Even though technically the watch is not from Rachel, she probably has a say in who gets what date, so it must feel good to get an expensive gift. Besides, if he is not picked in the end, he has a ~10K watch to nurse his broken heart. And even if he is picked and they break up shortly after, he still gets to keep it, unlike the NL diamond ring. How cool. It's a beautiful watch, that design is love at first sight for me.

I am SO upset we didnt get a scene with Brian showing off the watch to the other guys. WHAT EVEN IS THE POINT?!

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Bryan always deflects and never really answers. Rachel is ignoring the red flags but from the preview her family are not.

Edited by roses
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I am SO upset we didnt get a scene with Brian showing off the watch to the other guys. WHAT EVEN IS THE POINT?!

Right? I wanted man jealousy and bitchy confessionals over it. Sometimes the producers are clueless on milking an actual social interaction drama. You know on ANTM/ Survivor, there would be a whole segment of that. Instead, they focused on the fake blood/ tears/ fued of the Lee and Kenny kind. 

• Love 4
(edited)

No, I can't even with Dean's dad ? I know he said he was not traditional but there's not traditional and then there's Dean's dad. Next week cannot come soon enough!

Edited by ghertigirl
  • Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

It seems to me that Bryan is going to win.  I pegged him as the winner from the very start.  He has exactly that douchebag look, that douchebag hair, and that smarm that always seems to do well on this show.

I'm forming a Bachelor Nation band named That Douchebag Hair.  Who's in?  I call bass.

Edited by piewarmer
  • Love 12