Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Episode 4

• Start Topic

I know i'm a week late, but i was camping, so a few of my thoughts:

Nana Poldark is honestly life goals. She's willing to brave the cold and neglect just so she can torment George more. 

And Jeffy boy bringing her toads (*whispers* witch!) :') he loves her so darn much. I keep thinking if Aunt Agatha doesn't live to be 150 (that should be no problem considering her magical powers), i hope Jeffy takes up her mantle in all things witchy. Someone needs to poison George's tea. 

Elizabeth is getting more evil by the episode. She and george have become quite the detestable pair.

The suitor guy for morwenna is creepy and goony and i feel like he belongs in a jane austen novel. He could totally play mr. Collins or any of the other creepy oafish suitors in those novels.

Surprised that demelza doesn't approve of the drake/morwenna stuff, considering how she herself went through the same thing practically. Is it more because she's worried about what george would do seeing how they're connected in a way?

I wish they'd just toss the other eldest carne brother. He serves no role right now. He just says his intense preachy things and everyone else just rolls their eyes. Like, what's the point of it? 

• Love 1

Drake brings toads to Trenwith because Geoffrey Charles likes them and George got rid of them. Even though it’s suggested Aunt Agatha has some witchy ways, I think she was pleased to see the toads because George doesn’t like them for some reason, and Agatha is pleased by anything that displeases George.

That said,  George is Toad of Toad Hall.  Elizabeth only tolerates him thanks to her mother’s little helper. 

• Love 1
On 10/16/2017 at 3:35 PM, Ceindreadh said:

I can't remember how it played out last season.  Did she know for sure that she was pregnant when she married George?   Did they say this season how premature Valentine was?

I thought the show wants us to believe that she did.  There was the scene where she fainted, and after Dwight examined her and left, she said something to the effect of, "Ross has left me no choice" which I took to mean that she was going to have to marry George for the cover-up.

9 hours ago, TomServo said:

I thought the show wants us to believe that she did.  There was the scene where she fainted, and after Dwight examined her and left, she said something to the effect of, "Ross has left me no choice" which I took to mean that she was going to have to marry George for the cover-up.

If you work out the timeline, she only delayed the wedding by about 3 weeks (the wedding was in 1 week when she told George she needed more time, so then she gave him 1 month from that day as a compromise). Not sure that was enough time to really know for sure she was preggers for certain? Unless she was literally just done with her period when she and Ross banged, and had extremely regular 4 week cycles, it seems unlikely that she'd know that early.  I think she just fainted cause she's a delicate flower or whatever, women fainted a lot in those days.  

And she seems shocked when Aunt Agatha mentions that the baby could be born "early". I don't think that was her primary motivating factor in marrying George - mainly it was to spite Ross for not choosing her and for financial security for GC.

18 hours ago, rebecca dewinter said:

I think she just fainted cause she's a delicate flower or whatever, women fainted a lot in those days.  

BIB... one word:  corsets.

"This caused, of course, the familiar fainting to which fashionable young ladies were prone; they were often laced so tightly that they could barely breathe; to help her recover, those around her would loosen her stays (the laces), allowing air to flood back into her constricted lungs."