Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Kissing Up

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I was just checking out the recipes.  I never made granita before but I might give it a go. It hot in my neck of the woods today!  Anyway, my point about Adam's granita is the portion size.  It looked pretty enough in the spoon with the flowers but,  I would have wanted a bit more than a tablespoon.

But if he gave the guests more than a tablespoon each, then Malia might not have all the granita her heart desires. There's been several times on the show that we've seen the crew gets to eat the "leftovers" (including the cookies this episode). With all the granita that he made, I'm not going to be surprised if this is what happened to it.

• Love 3

About Bugs taking the iPad off the boat: I thought Capt. Sandy said the crew could do a tour that day and she said she wanted to see pics when they got back. Then Sandy asked Bugs if she had the iPad and she said yes. I'm not saying at all that that justifies Bugs looking through messages for hours, but it did seem strange that Sandy wanted her to have the iPad to take pictures? Wouldn't some snaps with their phones have been sufficient?

13 minutes ago, gotta watch said:

About Bugs taking the iPad off the boat: I thought Capt. Sandy said the crew could do a tour that day and she said she wanted to see pics when they got back. Then Sandy asked Bugs if she had the iPad and she said yes. I'm not saying at all that that justifies Bugs looking through messages for hours, but it did seem strange that Sandy wanted her to have the iPad to take pictures? Wouldn't some snaps with their phones have been sufficient?

Nope. Sandy wanted pictures of Wes putting together a South African braai, South African style barbecue. That was being done on the stern of the yacht.

http://www.saveur.com/south-africa-grilling-braai#page-2

• Love 1

I like Bugs. Yes, she wants to be Chief Stew. She's looking to advance. But so what? Hannah doesn't do herself any favors by sending mixed signals. On the one hand, Hannah gives Bugs authority and asks her to help Lauren. She deligates responsibility when it's convenient. On the other hand, when Lauren asks Bugs a question, Hannah takes it as a challenge to her superiority  and goes into full "I'm the boss" mode.

I do like Hannah, but she can be really unprofessional. You can't have it both ways. Either you are getting sloppy drunk with the crew, or you are a professional with years of experience who takes her career seriously. When Hannah stops drinking, gossiping, and forming clicky friendships with her staff, she will do much better. I realize it's difficult to maintain a professional distance while sharing such close quarters. Maybe cutting back on the drinking is a start. Hannah can be very clingy and "affectionate" when she's tipsy. That's not a good look. It's hard to earn respect and inspire loyalty when you're draped across the crew staggering home. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm so sick of Malia and Adam. Please get off the yacht and don't come back. And take the friggin' onions with you.

Captain Sandy needs to lay off the dental work. She can barely talk with those gigantic veneers. But I do like her.

And Bugsy couldn't make it any more obvious her jealousy of Hannah. 

Edited by chenoa333
Afterthought
  • Love 1